Displacement

Make it Real

 

Minho sat on the edge of the bed whiles resting his forehead in his hand. He sighed heavily, a way to ease his hurting ego. He had a tough day at the office, only concluded it by arguing up with his aunt. Aunt Hasun had chosen him to marry her daughter regardless of his feeling and now she bickers over petty things. The old woman compels him to cater at Juniel's expense and he despised it. They should be grateful that he is kind enough to save her and JSB, he thought. Afterall that he had done, complain is what he received. Minho is not the guy who is willing to be controlled by anyone. He is direct decesive who would prefer to command than to follow. The lack of parental attachment gave him a strong sense of independence. He is a tasked oriented person, giving himself more time for his own development and plans. An easygoing marriage suits him not the kind of ceremonious lifestyle Aunt Hasun pushes them to have. 

Minutes later, the girl came back after she escorted her mother to the lobby. Juniel rushed to her husband's side who was still looking pissed off.  
 
"Oppa, don't take it seriously. She often scolds me too." She said it trying to calm her husband's mood. She knelt down in front of him and slowly removed his shoe. Juniel knew how tired he was, anyone would definitely felt annoyed the way her Mama welcomed him. 
 
"Get off me." Minho was no doubt furious.
 
"..." Juniel got startled by his words but still pursued what she was doing. She knew he was mad but she understand him. 
 
"I said get off me!" He kicked her hands away with the shoe and it frightened her. Juniel saw those fiery eyes making her utterless trembling. She sat down on her side, had no idea what to do. "Did you go to your mother and cry all these complains instead at me?" 
 
"No Oppa. I didn't say anything." Juniel replied innocently as her heart was racing so hard. He was apparently affected by her Mama's word, redirecting his anger to her. 
 
Minho could not believe her. She was acting so eagerly compliant but whatever her mother is protesting about. "I thought you already understand the nature of my work?" He clenched his jaw while having his angry gaze still on her. She could not respond out of fear. It was her first time to see him angry "I let you speak your wishes but the problem is you're not asking anything, so I assume you're already fine."  
 
"But your presence is enough for me, Oppa." Juniel replied. She could not ask for more since he was already providing her needs.
 
Her answer only proves how demanding she is so he told her frankly. "I'm not supposed to center my attention on you. You know that. I have other goals too and they are actually far more important for me." He can only support Juniel's pregnancy as per now but he has to prioritized their companies so she must embrace her position, otherwise...  
 
The words had hit the girl. Tears rushed down her face again, drawing deep breathes while releasing load inside. Her Mama is right, he is kind of insensitive to her. Minho immediately took his jacket and went away. "Oppa..." She tried to get up but lost her balance. It scared her momentarily. What if he will go back to his girlfriend? What if he will divorce her as his initial plan? Chaos running in her mind, Juniel was in panic all alone.
 
Minho promised to pursue his family's dream and he was there to fulfill it. He has to uplift their company to its highest potential, taking some risk that leads to success. One consequence of this marriage is to merge their banks into new larger lender. He took the opportunity for the benefits of his company even if it might risk his relationship with Yuri. Minho decided to release his problem to his bestfriend, Chansung. At the latter's cozy apartelle, he was able to confess his arguments with his former auntie. 
 
"What do you really think of Juniel?" Chansung was confused that is why he needed to ask again.  
 
"It's complex."  
 
"You said before that you're still in love with Yuri and you're just waiting at the right time to divorce Juniel." 
 
"Yuri and I were quiet unsettled recently." The moment Minho married Juniel, he knew it will somewhat unstabilized his status with his long-term relationship with Yuri. To make it worst, Juniel is pregnant with his child.
 
"Because of Juniel?" 
 
"Actually, Yuri had just broke my trust in her." 
 
"Was she is cheating on you?" 
 
"Not that reason. I tried my best to be the perfect guy for her. I love her but i guess love is not enough. I would rather move on with my commitments with CFG." After Yuri intentionally aborted their supposed first child, it murdered his hope. He was just staying on his words.
 
"So this marriage with Juniel has hope?" 
 
"Maybe." 
 
"Maybe?" 
 
"She pleases me in bed. The consequence was, this very thing i longed for." Minho confided. 
 
"So you're giving her a chance because of that?" 
 
"Yes." 
 
"I feel sorry for Juniel to be honest. Unfortunately, she has to suffer your appetite for vengeance." Chansung told him as he analyzed it. 
 
"What?" Minho is such an intelligent business guy but when it comes to relationship... 
 
"Like you, Juniel's freewill was oppressed because this marriage. She naively accepted this set-up but you required her to fulfill her duty in bed and even got her pregnant. You're not inlove and even planning to divorce her. Now I get why her mother is mad at you. You're using her only daughter to satisfy your desire." 
 
"Wait a minute, Juniel loves me. In fact, she loves the idea of chilbearing. I didn't forced her to have with me without consent." 
 
"You're taking advatange of her weakness my friend." Juniel was too young and defenseless when she entered this marriage. She was carrying nothing, relying on whatever circumstances that may lead her. While Minho is more engaged with his tasks who only remembers her when his drive is firing.   
 
"No." He replied, was astonished by that fact. 
 
"Don't deny it. You're certainly displacing your frustrations towards her, making her apologize with pleasure." 
 
To be continued...