Mother-In-Law

Make it Real

"Huh?" Yuri  put a hand on in disbelief. Even Sulli who was in raged was stunned on what she said. 
 
"Wa-what did you say?" 
 
"I'm two months pregnant." The girl confessed, her abdomen was the most vulnerable part of her at the moment. It is where her child was lying.

Yuri pulled Sulli's hand. She felt like this problem would go worst if they will not stop. 

"Why you didn't say this before, bastard!"

Sulli ran to the car quickly and Yuri followed her. "Let's send back Juniel." 
 
"No. She can go home by herself." 
 
"What if she'll tell this to Minho. My God, what did you do?!" 
 
"Shut up Unnie, I just want to teach her a lesson." 
 
She the key with shaking hand and drove faster leaving Juniel behind. 
 
Juniel crawled in pain with her hand still on her belly. She was struggling to stand up with a fear she might gonna lose the baby inside her womb. Luckily, a taxi came to her as the driver saw her from a distant. Like an angel sent from above, he went to her fully concern of her condition "Are you okay Miss?" 
 
"No Sir. Please send me to the hospital." Juniel answered in pain. Her back was aching and so her groin as result of beating. 
 
"Alright." 

Juniel underwent ultrasound to determine if there is damage to the baby. The driver of the taxi who had sent her to the hospital already left her after refusing her payment. The girl tried to contact her husband but his cellphone was set busy. Minho was attending an annual banking conference that time.    

Later, a doctor showed up to tell the result.

"Your placenta is functioning well. The baby is unlikely to be hurt since the uterus and the amniotic sac provides a strong cushion for the fetus." 

"Thanks Doctor." Juniel breathed a sigh of relief. 
 
"However, the first three months of your pregnancy is the most crucial stage. And if you're not careful next time there will be more risk afterwards. 
 
"Yes Doctor." She nodded. 
 
Juniel brought up her mobile again to call her mother. She needs supporter as she could not walk alone suffering slight injury after the incident. "Ma, please come here at the hospital."  
 
"What happen Angel?" Worried by the mother. 
 
"No, nothing. I just fell off the stairs so I came here for some check up. I'm okay now." Juniel had no intention to disclosed what happen to her earlier. It is not in her traits to bother anyone particularly her mother.
 
"Wait I'll go there." 
 
Mrs. Hasun who was then watering her plants had to change her clothes after the call. She had to see her beloved daughter immediately. After a couple of minutes, the mother reached the emergency room. "My angel how are you now?" 
 
"I'm fine Mama." 
 
"Where's Minho, he should be here." She asked her daughter. 
 
"He's at work." 

"You're his wife and more important than that. I'll call him."  
 
Mrs. Hasun tried to contact Minho but only an auto attendant was being heard. "Where are you?!" She ordered JSB's former Director Park Gongchan to search for him. 
 
"Director, this is Mrs. Choi Hasun. Can you please try to reach VP Minho and urge him to call back? His wife needs him now. Do it quickly."  
 
The Director was having an appointment had to halt it for a moment as he obeyed his former CEO's widow. 
 
The sun had already partly set and it was getting dark. Minho had not yet called so Juniel asked her mother to send her back to condo. Mrs. Hasun agreed but part of her was already mad at Minho. She felt like he is not attentive to his wife. She contacted Director Park again but the old man could not find him.  

When they reached the condo, Juniel switch on the light. Mrs. Hasun saw the place and it is so small with only few furnitures there. 

 "Is this your room?" 
 
"Yes Mama. I like it here, very spacious." She smiled.
 
"Our dog house is bigger than this!" Mrs. Hasun told her. That was her first time to visit her daughter's condominium unit that Minho had purchased for her. She constantly ask Juniel if she has any problem but the girl only says positive things about him. To her surprise, it is the opposite. "My God, can you breath fresh air with this kind of house? But this is not even a house." 
 
"Mama don't say that." 
 
The old widow is really kind and generous but she is rich and can be super elegant when it comes to her family especially to her only daughter. She dislikes how her son-in-law was treating Juniel with this kind of uncomfortable environment different from where she used to. "What do your husband thinks of you? A pet?" She asked Juniel, really upset that her daughter kind of tolerating what Minho was doing. The girl bowed her head, speechless.  

"How about your food? How can you cook food without kitchen? Or how do you do laundry?" Mrs. Hasun was giving Juniel some helpers before but she refused since her husband did not like it.

All she knew was Juniel is in good hands but she was really shocked and disappointed at the same time seeing her dwelling like that. "No wonder you fell off stairs. Your husband isn't supportive enough." The woman complained again. Minho is equally rich, he can do better than this actually.
 
Juniel had an urge to defend her husband. She did not like the idea that her mother was getting unhappy at him. "No Mama. Oppa is always bringing meals. I have his credit cards too so I can order whatever I want. Also, this condominium has its own laundry shop and he always bringing the dirty clothes before he leaves to office." She reasoned out.  
 
"Really? I could think this place is just a cheap motel if you didn't say this is a condo." She told her daughter with a hint of sarcasm. 
 
Mrs. Hasun thought Minho is a nice boy since she knew him from birth. "I need to scold him." 
 
"Mama, don't." The daughter begged her. 
 
"I did not raise you to be just his bedroom partner. You need a perfect house to live with. Not this kind of place." 
 
"But I'm happy really." Juniel rarely complain about anything so she could not understand what was her mother whining about. After the incident with Sulli and Yuri, Juniel had tightened up her grip on Minho. She did not want to lose him now that she has his child. She would not allow anyone to hurt their relationship even if it is her mother. 
 
The girl unconsciously holding her aching abdomen. She was utterly confused on what to do.
 
The mother noticed her dilemma. "Let's go to bed."  
 
Juniel nodded. 
 
Mrs. Hasun guided her into her bedroom, lying her on bed slowly. 
Juniel gave some soft moans as her back was throbbing still. The old woman was hurted seeing her daughter in such vulnerable state. She helped her daughter ed her uniform, this reminded her of ten years daily routine. She missed taking care of Juniel. She was so meek and mild that Hasun had to put extra care for her. Juniel easily caught illness when she was still child that is why the mother is overprotective. 
 
Mrs. Hasun lay besides her while massaging Juniel's back upon her daughter's request. The soothing touch of the mother's hand really could heal. Time was running so slow, Mrs. Hasun had to count the clock tick, wondering when will Minho go back. Her daughter was already sleeping and it pained her that this might be a daily scenario for the couple.  
 
Already past 1 a.m. when Minho arrived. He unlocked the door with his key and noticed a pair of old woman's burgundy heels standing besides his wife's school shoes.  
 
Mrs. Hasun immediately rose from the bed to meet her son-in-law "Minho."  
 
Minho was surprised to see her aunt there. He was not informed that she will pay visit at that evening. 
 
"Good evening Auntie." He bowed his head after he greeted her. 
 
"Auntie?" 
 
It annoyed the old woman how Minho would still acknowledge her with that name. 
 
"Pardon... I mean Mother." 
 
"What time is it?" It's already past 1 a.m. I was calling you since lunch. I even told Director Park to search for you." 
 
"I'm sorry. I forgot to inform the secretary about my schedule." 
 
"Your wife had fell from the stairs do you know that? So she had to go to hospital by herself." 
 
"Really? Is she okay now?" 
 
"Yes. And you set your cellphone so we could not disturb you." 
 
"I'm sorry. But it isn't my intention." 
 
"I thought that you're taking care of Juniel after I gave her hand to you. Look at this place you gave her. Are you treating my daughter some kind of slave? If I'm an idiot, I wound think I entered a cheap motel. No kitchen, No laundry area. And you're not providing any maid to assist my daughter?" 
 
"We hardly shared two months together since I flew to Vietnam and spent months working there. I am too occupied that I have less time to manage our unit. Juniel knows it." 
 
"Is your work more important than her? You can turn over some tasks to our managing directors if you want. Nobody is forcing you to do it." The mother-in-law was raising her voice, now echoing the whole unit. Minho is ambitious man wanting to make CFG Inc. as the number one banking company in SK. He also desired to expand the company globally thus he could not sit on the his table alone. Being the future CEO means more hardwork thus he needed to devote himself into it.  
 
Juniel was sleeping silently at the bedroom got awakened by her mother's sound. She rose up hurriedly to calm her.  
 
Minho argued to defend his side. He was so tired from the gathering making him loose his temper. He needed to remain polite yet his pride was hurted by the old woman's constant nagging. "Despite of my busy schedule, I'm trying my best to attend Juniel's need." Minho's treatment were already improved since she is now pregnant with his child. 
 
"I chose you 'cause I know you're the right guy for my daughter. Don't fail me Minho. I'm really upset with you." She told him. 
 
"Yes this marriage was your own choice. We accepted it even if it is against our preference. So blame yourself instead. If I can't give her what you had expected then I'm sorry. You had chosen the wrong person." Minho told the woman frankly and it made her teared up.  

 "Ma!" Juniel called her mother, had to interrupt their argument. "You need to rest now." She told her mother. Minho who gave his hurtful remark, bowed his head and left them.  
 
Mrs. Hasun got punched by his statement. She remained standing there, was deeply affected by it. Juniel came to her mother and wiped her tears. It saddened her to see her loved ones arguing each other. "Ma, I'll send you home now." 
 
"No my daughter. Stay here. But promise me, you'll tell me whatever your husband is doing."  

 

"Mama." 
 
"No. I can't fathom this. If nothing happen with you here, you need to leave this place." 
 
"Mama don't say that!" 
 
Mrs. Hasun could predict her daughter's fate just by observing her. "I'm serious. He's obviously cold at you and he keeps shoving that to us." 
 
"Mama I won't! I'm pregnant now." 
 
"You're pregnant?!" The news surprised the mother yet got more upset with him. "Then he's treating you like that? Ha! I can't believe that man!" 
 
"I'm really thankful that I married the right guy Mama. We're now expecting a child so please support us instead for the baby's sake." She cried to her. 
 
To be continued...