Struggle

Make it Real

 

As a matter of fact, Minho's decision to fire Luhan was not an acceptable reason. It is more of personal than work issue. However, Luhan chose not to object simply because he wanted to be free of charge. Minho, on the other hand, had misinterpreted his intentions and believed that he can betray them, despite being a loyal servant. He used to be his childhood playmate and whatever doubt running on his master's mind was totally pointless.

Minho sat on his swivel chair disgusted with himself. His egoistic pride attacks letting the poor guy suffer. He figured out that Luhan's termination will not only affect him but as well as his family, being the breadwinner. Minho needed to resolve the problem in a way that will benefit both parties. So he settled the issue by sending the driver back to his former employer who is Minho’s mother, better than leaving him jobless at this period.

Juniel was pondering what Luhan said earlier, about leaving her husband. He does not love her the way he should be. She already knew it yet it was inevitable feeling like being rejected and abandoned at crucial parts. It may look like an exaggeration but as an adolescent, it is indeed. Expressing herself and affection is a big matter for her. It was not her mistake but she was just asking for a right kind of love that reciprocates her emotion and feeling.

Bohyun was carrying a laundry basket needs to get the dirty clothes from her master’s bedroom. She walked in the room and caught Juniel was thinking so deeply.

“Luhan has been transferred to Mrs. Sunhwa’s resident right?”

“What?!” The girl stood was in state of shock at the news that Bohyun sent her.

She thought Juniel already knew what happened to their driver. “Why are you surprised? Didn’t Sir tell you?”

“He didn’t say anything.” Juniel was shaken by the information and it made her tremble in fear inside. The fact that she will not see him again scares her. She quickly bolted into Minho’s office to ask him regarding this. Why did he need to remove him? Luhan became her only confidante at the time she needed comfort. He fills up what is lacking in her and that certainly made her feel dispirited.

Minho was talking with a staff over the phone when the door opened.

“Oppa!” Juniel’s call was restless.

“Hold on, I’ll call you back.” He asked the caller. Minho put the phone on hold and turned around to see Juniel standing at the entrance, with tensed voice.

“What happened to you?” His sound was fill with irritation when he saw her being perturbed.

“Why did you fire Luhan, Oppa?” She asked him with rapid breaths, resulted from running.

“I can kick out whoever I wanted especially those people who aren’t trustworthy enough.” Minho replied, showing off his strong-willed side. At the back of his mind, he knew Luhan’s pure intention, but he doubted the young man’s heart the moment he became friend with Juniel.

“What wrong he had done to you? Juniel was clearly affected as seen in her approach. It was so heartless of this man that he was able to fire a poor and helpless guy like Luhan. She came closer reaching up to hold her husband’s hand “Bring him back, please.” She begged him with a teary eye, hoping that he would succumb to her wish.

“No.” He pulled his arm from her touch. Minho’s unyielding attitude made it difficult for her to beg. “Bring him back so you can have your time together, leaving your responsibility behind.” He smirked with a pointed remark.

Minho had taken over Juniel’s life since day one, aggressively controlling her physical and emotional state. He disregarded her feeling and viewpoint as a person. He had broken his promise in supporting her choices, turning him into a self-absorbed man now. “Oppa, please take him back.” She pleads again. It was hard for her to confront him and expresses the turmoil.

Minho lay down a heavy gaze on her round eyes, his look was so sharp and powerful. He was obviously taking pleasure from this girl’s oppressed self. “Tell me, when did you start falling for him?” He already perceived the answer but he was more waiting for her reaction.

Juniel got muted by his tricky question. She was not willing to confess her feeling moreover with this man. His look was alarming, making her scared stiff.

The fact that she remained speechless confirmed the answer. “If you want to date Luhan, leave this house. But I won’t allow you to take my son with you.” He was taking advantage of his smartness and masculinity, this girl looks hopeless.

Was he threatening her? Juniel asked herself, terribly shook by his last statement. It was so unkind of him to treat her with such imprudence. “No.” She shook her head. She was in a state of disbelief that Minho would say such thing.

Truthfully, Minho had no plan to separate Mingook from Juniel but if she remains persistent, he will be forced to do so. There are so many factors to consider as to why he would not allow her to date now, mainly for his baby and the businesses that their parents had long been established. Also the fact that he is married to her, Minho would never want to see his self overcome by just a…Driver! His wife is too dull to figure it out, he thought. Her heart rules her head, was not using her brain when choosing a right partner in a right time, and so he hated it.

“Why are you so mean?!” Juniel wept, releasing some resentment from inside. In her dismay, she saw a hot cup of coffee on the table and quickly spilled the liquid on Minho’s laptop! His Lenovo ThinkPad is basically containing some of the most important documents saved particularly the CFG’s sales analysis project he had been doing for almost a week now.

Oh !” Minho frantically unplugged the machine and removed the battery. This kid had no idea how important this gadget is for Minho and their company. This incident made him boil with rage. Minho’s blood raised and his vision turned dark. Something inside him, wanted to punish her. He needed to teach this girl a lesson, no mercy at all! He was extremely furious at what she did so he banged the door behind her. Juniel’s heart jumped started pulsing rapidly. She was actually surprised at what she had done, clueless how terrible it is. Seeing Minho flaming with his eyes glinting, it made her absolutely terrified. In a swift manner, he gave her a slap across her cheek that made her stumbled down. Juniel instinctively held her soft cheek having a red mark left of his palm. She tried to stand but the pain was so sharp. Minho is not anymore a gentleman but looks like a lion ready to maul her. She embraced herself trying to escape from his wrath. He spun her around and forcefully pushed her to the steel wood desk. Juniel tried to fight back but her strength is no match. He was so heavy, so strong that he could crash her in one blow. He yanked her feet pressing her tiny body roughly on the hard table, ignoring the scratches she made. Juniel tried to push him with all her might but she did not succeed “I hate you!” She cried out, trying to beat his back. “Don’t!” He took her arms and pulled out the belt from his trousers. He whipped her nonstop with his belt. Her body struggled beneath her arms; his grip was too tight, tearing clothes off. Every beating was an agony, Juniel tried so hard to defend herself. She tried to kick him, but it was useless. He continuously flogs her until she gave up. He saw her horrified innocent eyes; suddenly a prick of pity hit him. He then set her free after releasing some frustrations.

Juniel could not believe what he had done to her. She remained on there, snuggling her harmed tiny body. She had not experienced this kind of infliction before as his father never do such thing even a slight of pinch. She cried unstoppably, breathing so hard. She wished that her father was there to rescue her from this guy.

It was Minho’s first time to be this kind of violent. He used to knock down some of Yuri’s stalkers, but that was long ago. He had never hit any woman before as he used to be so courteous especially on his treatment with past girlfriend. While, Juniel had committed some mistake, she is definitely not deserving of this kind of punishment only because of that gadget. She seems has this special trait that makes her either extremely adorable or downright annoying for Minho. Her naïve and malleable personality was so exceptional that is hard for him to adjust with and it greatly upsets him.

To be continued…