Chapter 8

Broken Promises

As Jiyoon got home, to her disappointment, Gayoon wasn’t home yet. So she texted her to ask where she was and she answered that she was still at work and will be home soon. Jiyoon smiled and started to cook for Gayoon.

When Gayoon got home, they had their supper and they cuddle each other while watching tv.

Jiyoon:”Gayoon ar”

Gayoon:”Hm?”

Jiyoon:”I’ll be busy next week for work so I will be home late ok?”

Gayoon:”Aww…so no baby time?” she pouted

Jiyoon peck her forehead:”Hehe, I’ll try to finish as soon as possible and come home ok? Be a good girl…”

Gayoon smiled at her:”of course! Me always a good girl! I promise!” they start kissing each other while making their way into their bedroom.

The next week, Jiyoon was always busy as she mentioned to Gayoon so she decided to hang out with Doojoon. He was so happy to finally have time to spend with Gayoon, he miss spending time with her. Gayoon always told him that she had so much work to do that she has to bring it home to do it. They went to the cinema and ate supper, he drove Gayoon back to her house and wanted to go up but Gayoon told him that Jiyoon was home so he nod and left.

The next morning he got a text message from Jiyoon that she has to go another city for the night so she won’t be home but she prepare the supper for her already. Gayoon felt sad, she thought that today Jiyoon will be finally home with her especially that today it’s their first month anniversary. She went to open the fridge and see that Jiyoon has put post-it everywhere telling her good morning, have a good breakfast, be careful at work, I miss you, I love you, can’t wait to be home and cuddle with you.

Gayoon kept smiling like an idiot, she was ready to drive Jiyoon car to work but then she hear someone honk at her, it was Doojoon.

Doojoon:”Hey baby, want a lift?”

Gayoon smiled at him:”Sure…” then he drove her to work.

Doojoon:”Wanna have supper tonight?”

Gayoon knew that Jiyoon won’t be home tonight so might as well spend some time with Doojoon before breaking up with him, so she agrees. Then during work she received text from Jiyoon asking what she’s going to do tonight, she figured that if she tell Jiyoon that she’s going on a date with Doojoon it’s going to make her upset again so she told her she’s going to stay home and wait for her.

 

After work, Doojoon came to pick her up and drove her to a pretty restaurant, they opened a wine and start eating and talking. Doojoon miss her company, they enjoyed their night. Gayoon kept wanting to bring up the break-up part, but she couldn’t seeing how happy Doojoon was. They just kept drinking and stuff, then at the end of the supper, Gayoon was already tipsy, she had low tolerance in alcohol. Doojoon decided to drive her home. As she bring her up to the house, he couldn’t resist to give a kiss to Gayoon, but to his surprise Gayoon respond him back roughly, they started to make out and slowly undressing each other. He took off his tie and slowly take out Gayoon blouse and throw it on the floor, slowly undressing each other without breaking the kiss and goes into the room. Doojoon ended up in front of Gayoon and start kissing her and everything, Doojoon was happy, finally he can make the next step with Gayoon.

On Jiyoon side, while they were discussing with the client, Jiyoon kept looking at her watch, she remember today was their anniversary she even went to buy a beautiful necklace for Gayoon. She really want to end the meeting so she can rush home to see her girlfriend. Hyuna noticed that Jiyoon seems like she was in a rush so she whisper in Jiyoon ears:”If you want you can go first, I can handle it” which bring a smile in Jiyoon. She whispered back to Hyuna:”Thank you so much!” she gave a peck on the cheek to Hyuna and excused herself and starts driving back.

As she open the door of her apartment, she find a man shoes there, clothes was everywhere in the living room. She was scare…she slowly walk to their room and was shock from what she sees; they were kissing passionately and was making love, her heart was broken into million of pieces, she quickly ran away from the house.

That day, it was raining, she curled up herself in the rain and kept crying. Then she received a text from Hyuna. “We got the contract!!!!” then there were no reply, Hyuna felt weird she know how important the contract is to Jiyoon so she decided to call her. Jiyoon picked up the phone but she didn’t say anything, all she hears was Hyuna calling her name. Hyuan can hear the rain drop, so from her instinct she drove to Jiyoon apartment and saw her curling like a ball on the sidewalk. She quickly ran to her and got her into the car and asked what happen, but all she got was Jiyoon crying in her arms.  She drove home and brought her up and made a warm tea for Jiyoon.

Hyuna:”Jiyoon…what happened?”

No answer

Hyuna:”Didn’t you go back to see your lover?”

Then Jiyoon started to cry again, Hyuna quickly went beside her and pat her :”Hey hey…what’s wrong…shhhh” then Jiyoon quickly hug her super tight :”She…she…made love with him…”

Hyuna:”with him? Your girlfriend?”

Jiyoon nod while crying

Hyuna:”Sh…. She…cheated on you…”

Jiyoon didn’t answer

Hyuna:”Sh…don’t cry…I’m here…”

Jiyoon,  in between her cries,” she…cheated on him with me…but…”

Hyuna was shock:”…Gayoon?”

Jiyoon nod

Hyuna hug her tight:”Shhh, cry all you want ok? Shhh” after a long while, she finally stop crying. Then Hyuna went in to get a towel and wipe Jiyoon head and gave her a change of clothes.

Hyuna:”Tonight, sleep in my bed ok? I’ll sleep in the couch..”

Jiyoon hold her wrist:”Can…you hug me to sleep…” she look down

Hyuna smile at the cute sight:”of course…” then they went inside the blanket, Jiyoon turn around and hug Hyuna waist and started to sob. Hyuna wrap her arm around Jiyoon and started to hum a song until Jiyoon fall asleep.

 

The next day Gayoon woke up with a huge headache then she looked beside her to see Doojoon, she almost scream out loud, she look under the blanket and saw that they were both , she doesn’t know what to do. Doojoon woke up and hug her waist:”Hey baby” she pecks her head.

Gayoon just looked at him and smile:”hey…”

Doojoon:”You were amazing….I love you” then he got up put on his pant and was getting ready to cook. She quickly get her cell phone and see if Jiyoon left her any message, but to her surprise there were no message. She’s thinking how should she tell Jiyoon, she felt so bad, she really don’t know what to do.

As Doojoon drop her off and she got into her office she texted Jiyoon:”Hey, when are you coming home?”

 

In Jiyoon side, she woke up to see that Hyuna was still holding her tight, her eyes was all swollen from all the cries from yesterday. Hyuna woke up and looked at Jiyoon:”Good morning princess” she pecks her forehead. Jiyoon looked at her and smile a bit.

Hyuna got up and went to cook breakfast for her, they ate their breakfast and stuff. Then they heard Jiyoon phone vibrate, Jiyoon opened it and saw Gayoon message. She closed her cell without answering it.

Hyuna:”Jiyoon ar…if you want…you can stay over until you feel like going back..”

Jiyoon look at her and nod. She was glad that Hyuna was there for her. Hyuna was mad at how can Gayoon do such thing to Jiyoon, and that she should have known that it was Gayoon that Jiyoon was dating.

The next few days, Jiyoon haven’t reply to any of Gayoon call or text which made Gayoon anxious. She even tried calling in Jiyoon company but they would always say that Jiyoon is too busy to take the call.

That day, Jiyoon finally pick up her phone call and they decided to go home right after work.

Gayoon:”hi baby!”

Jiyoon looked at her:”Hey”

Gayoon:”Where were you? How come you didn’t reply to any of my call/message? You know how worried I am?”

Jiyoon fake a smile at her:”Sorry, was busy…”

Gayoon nod:”It’s ok, as long as you are fine hehe..so where have u been sleeping these days? Were you cheating on me?”

Jiyoon heart just got hit and she was getting angry:”I was at Hyuna”

Gayoon:”What?! I told you not to sleep at her house!!!” she pout

Jiyoon looked at her:”Gayoon ar, what did you do last week on our anniversary?”

Gayoon looked at her, shocked : “Euh.. I was home”

Jiyoon smiled bitterly:”Alone?”

Gayoon couldn’t answer, she got up and went to the kitchen:”What are you talking about? Babe what do u want to eat for supper?”

Jiyoon:”When are you breaking up with Doojoon?”

Gayoon:”Soon babe…soon…”

Jiyoon:”Again…soon…Just how long would I have to wait?”

Gayoon:”Please give me some more time…I don’t know how to break up with him…he haven’t done anything bad that I can break up…”

Jiyoon:”Have you ever sleep with him?”

At that sentence, Gayoon drop her dish on the floor

Jiyoon looked at her:”hm..? why are you so scare?”

Gayoon:”…No..of course not…”

Jiyoon became teary again:”Gayoon…I thought you would tell me honestly…I’m..disappointed in you…”she got up and was ready to leave the room but Gayoon hold her wrist.

Gayoon:”Babe…let me explain…”

Jiyoon:”What is there to explain this time? You fking slept with him!!!”

Gayoon:”I was drunk!!! I..didn’t know!!! When I woke up I saw him next to me…”

Jiyoon:”Mhm…so drunk that u bring him back to our house and start kissing him passionately and screaming “more..More!!?! “ You are disgusting!!!”

Gayoon was stun:”What…”

Jiyoon was crying :”I …rush home from the meeting that night…wanted to give you a surprise, but you gave me a one instead…you were fking with him in bed!!!!”

Gayoon was crying :”No…I was drunk babe…please…forgive me…I promise it won’t happen again…”

Jiyoon:”There’s no more next time…Let’s break up…”

Gayoon:”no..please no!! Jiyoon ar…” she kneel down and hold her wrist :”Please forgive me!!! It wasn’t my intention!!!”

Jiyoon:”I don’t know how to face you Heo Gayoon…” then she was walking away but again Gayoon hold her tight and press her lips on her firmly, not letting her struggle. But Gayoon push her away and slap her in the face and ran away from the house. Hyuna was waiting for her downstair, as Gayoon chase after her she sees Jiyoon goes into Hyuna car and drove away.

Gayoon hit the wall:”Damn it….Urk…Jiyoon…I ain’t losing you…”

Hyuna drove back to her house. Jiyoon quickly went to the bed and curled up.

Hyuna approached her:"Jiyoon ar...you ok?"

Jiyoon looked at her and smile:"Yeah..."

Hyuna pat her head:"It's ok..let it out..."

Then Jiyoon started to cry and hug on Hyuna tight:"It hurt....it hurt so much Hyuna...Why...Why does she do that to me...Why!!"

Hyuna just keep hugging her and pat her back:"Let it out...I'll always be here for you ar Jiyoon....Sh...."

After a while of crying, Jiyoon finally calm down and fell asleep.

Hyuna whispered while Jiyoon head:"I won't let anyone hurt you anymore...I'll protect you...I swear...I will make you happy...Just..give me a chance..."