Chapter 2

Broken Promises

As Gayoon approached Jiyoon with a smirk face

Jiyoon:”Yah! What are you doing?!”

Gayoon giggled:”Nothing, glad to know that you are pure haha”

Jiyoon:”What?!?!” before Jiyoon could smack Gayoon, she ran into the washroom while Jiyoon was trying hard to calm herself down

 

The next day, Jiyoon woke up as usual, prepare breakfast as usual and went to wake up Gayoon. But this time before waking her up, she slowly sat on the bed and Gayoon hair and whisper:”This beautiful face that I wake up to every morning… am I going to lose you soon? Who is this guy who got your heart…? Will you introduce him to me? … I want to know if he will treat you well… I want to make sure… he won’t break your heart…Remember our promise Gayoon? We will always be there for each other… But… I’m sorry… I don’t know I’ll be able to handle this… it’s been quite a long while since I feel weird…about you… I don’t look at you normally… I loved it when you touch me, even when you link your arm to me, I already feel the happiness in me… I don’t know what’s wrong with me… is it because I love you? Or is it just a best friend friendship or I consider you as my precious sister…but now that I see you going out every day with the same guys… I’m worry… Am I…losing you? What is this feeling I have toward you…? ”

Jiyoon notice that Gayoon is reacting a bit, fearing that Gayoon will hear everything, Jiyoon quickly nudge her:”Yahhhhhh you pig!! Wake up!!!! We are going to be late!!!!”

As always, Gayoon just keep asking to give more time for her which made Jiyoon smiled, even for the x number of time that she sees this girl like this, she never get sick of it. As Jiyoon was waiting for Gayoon to get into the car, she sees a car park beside her, it was a pretty handsome man. He bowed to Jiyoon as they made eyes contact.

Not long after, Gayoon showed up and was surprise to see the guy there.

Gayoon:”Oh…what are you doing here?”

Guy:” I came to pick you up to send you to work remember?”

Gayoon:”OH!!! Oh my god I forgot….” Then she turned to Jiyoon but before she can say anything Jiyoon smiled at her “Ah I see… he’s the guy huh? Nice to meet you, then I’ll leave her in your hand, then Jiyoon drove off.”

Guy:”Oh euh…Did I offend her? She seems unhappy about it…”

Gayoon:”Na, its fine. She’s just in a rush! Let’s go before I’m late!”

 

During the day at work, Jiyoon was lost in her thought

but someone broke into the bubble.

Manager:”Jiyoon, you’ve been complaining that you have too much jobs right, and I told you I’ll find you one. Well here she is.” She steps sideward to let Jiyoon meet the new assistant.

Jiyoon:”Really? Awesome!” as Jiyoon looked at the girl, her eyes went wide open.

“Hi, my name is Kim Hyuna” *bow* “nice to meet you” she gave Jiyoon a bright smile

Jiyoon smiled back at her:”Nice to meet you, I’m Jeon Jiyoon”

Hyuna:”If you don’t mind, since it’s the end of the day, would like to have a coffee with me?”

Jiyoon gulped and look at her watch , before she could say anything her phone vibrate, “Jiyoonie, no need to pick me up! See you tonight!”

Hyuna can see a disappointment face in Jiyoon face :” Hm, Jiyoon? Are you ok?”

Jiyoon put the phone back into her back pocket and smiled at her:”Yeah, I’m fine, let’s go grab a cup of coffee then!”

Hyuna smiled at her:”Yeah, and let’s have supper together”

Jiyoon just nod and walked out with her, feeling sad about not spending time with Gayoon, once again.

For the next few days, everything’s been like this, the guy pick up Gayoon at their doorstep and pick her up after work, Jiyoon barely spent any time with Gayoon. She always get home late at night and would be too tired, so they would just go to bed.

As for Jiyoon, luckily at work, it was quite busy, she had to do overtime almost every night. Hyuna would be by her side and help her, their friendship have got close a lot. They basically spend every day together, working together, and eat together. Jiyoon felt relieve, at least there’s someone by her side, instead of always end up thinking about Gayoon.

Hyuna is a straight girl, she dated a lot of people but, none of them have made her feel special. She’s outgoing and easy to make friend, but also lots of people would call her a b!tch because of her attitude, but deep inside she’s a very sweet girl. Most of the man approach her just for her body, and she’s sick of it. She’s been putting up her guard but somehow from the first sight she saw Jiyoon, it’s as if the barrier never exist. She never feel curious about someone, especially not a girl, and Jiyoon is making her feel this way. Everyday, she looks forward to go to work to see her, she doesn’t know much about Jiyoon but she can feel that lots of stuff have been bothering her, and she wants to help. So everytime that they are together, she would try her best to act silly to make the latter laugh, which from time to time, is successful.

After a few weeks of barely spending time with each other, Gayoon felt like it’s lacking of something. That day, she decided to go home earlier, she bought Jiyoon favorite dishes, and texted Jiyoon to come home right after work. But to her surprise, the latter haven’t responded to her text. She tried calling but it went straight to the voicemail. Gayoon wasn’t happy with that; she’s so use to Jiyoon responding her within a time span of 5minutes. But today, there weren’t any reply, she sat down on the chair, thinking. She finally realize that the past month they haven’t spent much time together, she don’t know anything about Jiyoon anymore.

It was late at night, there still wasn’t any sign of Jiyoon, so she decided to head to bed. When Jiyoon got into the house, she saw that there were food in the kitchen, so she thought she walked by Gayoon bed and looked at her, she misses her, it’s been a while since she looked at her, then she walked toward her bed and slept.

The next morning, when Gayoon woke up, she realized that Jiyoon left already, when she rush out of her room, wanted to talk to Jiyoon, she realized she had already prepare the breakfast on the table for her. Gayoon sigh,

Same old days pass, as Gayoon was on a date with her boyfriend, he ask her if something was bothering her because she kept checking her cell phone.

Gayoon:”No, it’s just Jiyoon…”

Boyfriend:”Hm? What about her? She's your sister right?”

Gayoon:”Hm, yeah you can say that, we are best friend and we grew up together, so we consider each other as a family too...It feel like I haven’t spend time with her for so long… and she haven’t respond to my text…she usually reply me within 5 minutes but lately I haven’t receive anything from her..”

Boyfriend:”Hm…maybe she’s busy at work?”

Gayoon:”Hm…maybe…but still, she should have time to reply me!! “

Boyfriend:” haha, ok ok, maybe she found a boyfriend? You know, too busy in her love life.. that’s how it is all the time, once you find a lover, friendship would usually change since they don’t’ spend much time with each other anymore.”

Gayoon went super offensive:” WHAT?! NO! IF SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND SHE WOULD HAVE TOLD ME FIRST! And we promised that we won’t hide any secret!!”

Boyfriend:”Okayyyyy calm down baby! I’m stating a fact, if one were to start dating, and you told me she never dated anyone before? So if she start dating, it’s a new experience for her, of course her whole mind will just be focusing on her boyfriend and forget about you… Some of my friends told me that whenever they start dating, they lose touch with their friends even their best friend because all they want to do is spend time with their other half. Sometime they even forget about the existence of other people.”

Gayoon got frustrate:”YAH!! YOU CAN’T INSULT MY FRIEND LIKE THIS!! She would never forget about me! I’m her first priority!! We are like sisters too!!!”

Boyfriend:” Ok ok… shh come on.. think about it...you know it’s true, look at you, since we start dating, we are together every day, you haven’t spent time with her neither.. Hey just to be clear, I am NOT complaining at all okay?! I love to be with you everyday! but yeah.. you see it’s very possible!!!!”

Gayoon got all insulted and mad so she steps on him and rushes home.. But this time when she got home, she saws Jiyoon and another person shoes at the door step. To her surprise she sees Jiyoon sitting at the table with a stranger. Jiyoon also was shock that Gayoon was home early.

Jiyoon was shock to see Gayoon, but at the same time she was happy:”Hey Gayoon! Your home early today!”

Gayoon:”Who is she?!”