Chapter 13

Broken Promises

Jiyoon was still all sleep, she stared at Gayoon then felt something on her laps. She looked down to see Hyuna laying on her then remember what happened. Hyuna fell asleep on her while crying, she didn’t want to wake her up so she end up sleeping in that position. Then she looked at the time to realize it was already 8 am.

She stare at Gayoon:”You just got home?”

Gayoon:”I’m asking you! What are you two doing?!”

Jiyoon:”Shh, she’s sleeping, don’t scream”

Gayoon:”Oh what? Protecting your princess?!”

Jiyoon was getting angry:”That’s enough Gayoon! Where have you been?! Why are you just home in the morning?”

Gayoon got cornered there:”I..we…were..just chilling..”

Jiyoon glare at Gayoon:”Just chilling huh?! Then can you please explain the mark on your neck?!”

Gayoon quickly put her hand on her hickey:”I…I can explain…it was an accident..”

Jiyoon tears was falling down and the constant talking had woke up Hyuna.

Hyuna got up and looked at what happened:”euh…morning…?”

Jiyoon fake a smile to her with tears in her eyes:”Good morning…”  then she got up, ready to leave the condo but Gayoon grab her wrist

Gayoon:”Jiyoon ar, listen to me…I can explain!! Please…! Don’t!!”

Jiyoon pushed her away:”Heo Gayoon…you…disappointed me…”

Gayoon:”What disappointed you?! What were YOU doing with Hyuna?! So now what? You fell for her now?! True, she has a nice body and all, I’m not surprise if you wanted her!”

*SLAP*

Jiyoon slap Gayoon on the face:”Don’t you dare talk sh!t about her…she’s…so much better than you!!!!”

Gayoon hold her face and ran out of the condo while Jiyoon broke down and cry.

Hyuna stood there, not knowing what to do. She slowly walked to Jiyoon and hug her tight:”Hey…sh…Don’t..cry…”

Hyuna slowly peck Jiyoon forehead while whisper:”Shhh, I’m here…” then peck her cheeks :”I’m here for you okay? Don’t be sad..” then she slowly stare at Jiyoon eyes with sincerity:”I love you Jiyoon, it hurt when you cry…please don’t cry…at least please don’t cry for her…” Hyuna tears were flowing out too.

Without realizing, Jiyoon slowly approach herself and press her lips on Hyuna. She was shock from it, but Hyuna slowly kiss her back and they start engaging into a passionate kiss. After a while of kissing, they both pull out to gasp for air.

Hyuna:”What…was that…?” she stares at Jiyoon.

Jiyoon looked away:”I…don’t know…I’m sorry…I’m not in my right mind…I’m sorry…please forget about it…and please leave…I’ll see you at work tomorrow…” then she quickly get up and walk toward her room, but to her surprise she fees a backhug from Hyuna.

Hyuna:”How…can I forget it… I’ve been craving for this…Jiyoon…please…” then she turn Jiyoon around, lift her chin up and stare deeply into her eyes. They slowly lean toward each other and engaged to another passionate kiss, slowly walking toward the bed without breaking the kiss.

Jiyoon slowly pull out: “no…Hyuna…we can’t do this…”

Hyuna:”Please…Jiyoon…I know the one you love is Gayoon but…please…let me be selfish today…only this time…let me have you…You can pretend that I’m Gayoon if you want…please…” she kept kissing Jiyoon. After a bit, Jiyoon slowly respond back and they start making out.

The next day, Jiyoon woke up to see Hyuna lying next to her. She remembered what happened yesterday and facepalm herself. Luckily all they did was just making out then cuddle to sleep. She knows what she did was wrong because it will only keep giving more hope to Hyuna. She looked down and sigh

Hyuna woke up and stared at Jiyoon:”I’m sorry Jiyoon, because of my selfishness..”

Jiyoon shake her head:”nono…I’m sorry…”

Hyuna shake her head:”Nono…I…was happy…”

Jiyoon looked at her, she can see that Hyuna is faking a smile, it hurt her to see her like that, if only she can be more resistant

Hyuna got up:”So…yesterday…let’s forget about everything okay? We are still best friend…”

Jiyoon just looked at her and nod…feeling like a coward.

Then Hyuna left the condo going to work first.

After a week has pass, Gayoon finally went back home to see Jiyoon. When she got home, Jiyoon wasn’t there yet. Gayoon went to open the fridge and notice that there was a lot of left over, probably due to Jiyoon cooking meal for her every night hoping that she will come home. Gayoon was touch, she betrayed Jiyoon but she still waited for her, she knew Jiyoon was the best, she couldn’t possibly hurt her.

As Jiyoon got home, Gayoon went to Jiyoon and hug her and apologize, Jiyoon just stare at her emotionless:”oh..you are back..”

Gayoon looked at her:”I’m sorry Jiyoon…jinja…please…forgive me…one last time..I promise…this will be the last time…”

Jiyoon looked at her and smile:”Yeah…sure…always one last time right…sure…” then she walk to go cook.

Gayoon hug her from behind:”Jinja honey…please…trust me…”

Jiyoon turn around and looked at her:”Yes..I believe in you..”

Gayoon smiled

Jiyoon:”the day when you break up with Doojoon… Which remind me it’s in 2 weeks right?” then she went to continue cooking.

Gayoon gulped, realizing that’s true:”I..will do it…very soon…”

Jiyoon smiled at her:”Yeah…sure…”

Gayoon knew she has to decided very soon, she knows she loves Jiyoon very much, but she just can’t bring a reason to break up with Doojoon. He treated her so well, she had absolutely no reason to do so. She realize that Jiyoon has always being there for her as a best friend and all, and she knows that she has hurt her a lot, so she told herself she will break up with Doojoon for Jiyoon.

The next day, she was walking toward Doojoon house but suddenly she hears a honk at her. She turned around to see Yoseob.

Yoseob:”Hey Gayoon, going to see Doojoon?”

Gayoon look at him:”Yeah, how come you are here?”

Yoseob smiled at her:”What if I tell you I was waiting for you?”

Gayoon:”Huh? Why?”

Yoseob:”Get into the car”

Gayoon stared at him:”Euh..no that sound too suspicious”

Yoseob laughed and walked toward Gayoon:”If you don’t want me to expose your orientation to everyone, then you should just follow me” then he walked back toward his car, while Gayoon was stun on the spot, then slowly get into the car.

Yoseob:”So, you are going to break up with Doojoon?”

Gayoon stare at him in shock:”How…did you know?”

Yoseob:”I’ve been noticing you for  a while, of course I know. The way you and Jiyoon look at each other aren’t just normal friend obviously”

Gayoon:”What..do you want?”
Yoseob:”Very simple, don’t break up with Doojoon”

Gayoon:”Why? What does that have to do with you?”

Yoseob look at her:”Well, truthfully speaking, us, the rich guys we are always being call players right? Well Doojoon too, he uses to be one until he meet you. We all know he loves you so much, he uses to be such a jerk and all, just like me obviously, but, the guys, are happy for him to be able to fall in love with someone truthfully. We don’t want him to be hurt. What’s the point of you breaking up with him when he’s so rich, he can support you financially and he loves you truly. What can jiyoon give you? Just love, can she bring you out and show to everyone that you two are in love? Nope. So what I’m offering is just simple, I’ll keep your secret if you stay with Doojoon or if one day you fell for a normal guy, then I’ll let you leave him, but I would never let you leave him for a girl.”

Gayoon rage at him:” … Are you blackmailing me?!”

Yoseob smirk at her:”What if I tell you I am?”

Gayoon opened the car door, slam the door and walk out. Yoseob lower the window:”Don’t forget, if you hurt him, your reputation and pride will be completely gone in the society.” Then he drove away.

Gayoon sat down on the park bench and wonder what she has to do. It was raining, she was soak in the rain, then she got a call from Doojoon.

Doojoon:”Honey? I heard you were coming to my place but u still aren’t here, where you at?”

Gayoon:”Oh..I’m at the park..taking a walk..”

Doojoon:”What?! It’s raining now!!! I’m coming to fetch you!!”

Then after few minute, Doojoon was running toward her with an umbrella, then they walk back to his house.

Doojoon:”How come you didn’t bring an umbrella?! And how come you didn’t’ tell me you were coming?! If Yoseob didn’t tell me, I wouldn’t have know!”

Gayoon just smiled at him:”Just wanted to see you…”

Doojoon:”Oh..do you have something to talk to me about? It’s rare for you to come all the way to my house…”

Gayoon nod, she wanted to say break up but then Yoseob words was ringing in her head:”Just…I missed you a lot…” which made Doojoon smile.

Without hesitation, Doojoon lean toward her and start making out with her, slowly leading them into their bedroom, making love to her. He felt bliss to have such a beautiful girlfriend while Gayoon, she doesn’t know what to do, she’s completely lost…once again

 

That night, Gayoon got home, to see Jiyoon sitting on the bed reading magazine. Gayoon went to sit beside her and lay her head on her.

Gayoon:”Babe…”

Jiyoon:”Hm?”

Gayoon:”I…”look down

Jiyoon :” What? You are going to apologize to me once again for sleeping with him?!”

Gayoon:” I’m…sorry…”

Jiyoon:”Yeah that’s all you know what to say anyways!!!”

Gayoon tears was flowing down and start sobbing:”Babe…I don’t know what to do…I really don’t!!!”

Jiyoon realize that something happened:”What..happened?”

Gayoon:”Yoseob…found out about us…”

Jiyoon was shock staring at her:”What did he say…”

Gayoon:”If I break up with Doojoon, he’ll announce to the world that we are into girls…”

Jiyoon was holding her anger in:”…So?! I don’t care if people think that?! What’s wrong with us loving each other!!! There’s nothing wrong with that!!”

Gayoon:”I…care…I am a designer Jiyoon…My reputation will be gone…my career will be completely gone!!!”

Jiyoon:”I’ll support you then!!”

Gayoon:”Jiyoon! Yourself is a well-known person!!! You reputation will be ruin too!!!”

Jiyoon:”I won’t let that happen! People buy my products for my creativity! Not for who I am!!”

Gayoon was just looking down:”…I ..”

Jiyoon stood up:”Fine, you are telling me it’s over right?! Your reputation and pride is more important than me! Fine then! We are over!”

Gayoon hug her tight:”No…No…I can’t lose you…I love you Jiyoon…I love you…!! Please…”


Jiyoon push her away:”How…How are we going to do this if you…are backing out…cuz of what Yoseob says…Tell me!! TELL ME HOW! HEO GAYOON!!” then she rushes out the apartment leaving Gayoon speechless...