Chapter 31

Broken Promises

The next day

As Hyuna wake up, there was already breakfast on the table. Jiyoon was smiling at her pull the chair for her.

Hyuna:”Hmm.. You made breakfast”

Jiyoon:”Yeah”

Hyuna:”Hm…”

Jiyoon:”What?”

Hyuna:”nothing” then they eat together

After the breakfast, Hyuna ask Jiyoon what she wanted to do today

Jiyoon:”Hm, just relax a bit before heading back to work

Hyuna:”Come here” as she pull Jiyoon close

Jiyoon:”Hmm?”

Hyuna:” How are you feeling?”

Jiyoon:”About?”

Hyuna:”Yesterday supper”

Jiyoon:”Eh, what about it?”

Hyuna giggle:”Right, you know you are a terrible liar?”

Jiyoon sigh:”Sigh…well it was awkward…I was shock”

Hyuna:”I know I know”

Jiyoon:”But luckily, it all went well, and we will be heading back in a week”

Hyuna:” Hmm..You sure u don’t want to stay here?”

Jiyoon was shock:”What the, why would I want to stay here?”

Hyuna:”Jiyoon ar, it look like Gayoon want to talk to you”

Jiyoon:”I don’t care, I don’t want to see her again!” as Jiyoon temper was going up

Hyuna:”okok..Calm down babe…I just thought you would want to talk to her…” as she trying to hold her hand

Jiyoon flip her hand:”You know what?! Leave me alone!” then she ran out of the house.

 

After a while, Jiyoon found herself at the river place where Hyuna confess her feeling to her. She smiled at the memory and lay down to think about it. But then, as she think about the past, she remembered an event she had with Gayoon at the same place.

Flashback

It was few years ago when they were still in high school. After school, Gayoon drag Jiyoon to this place and they both lie down on the grass staring at the beautiful sky.

Gayoon:”Jiyoon ar, isn’t the sky beautiful?”

Jiyoon stare at Gayoon while she said that:”Nothing is more beautiful than you..”

Gayoon:” what?”

Jiyoon: *Cough* “ I said, of course, it’s so beautiful if it’s compare to you.”

Gayoon sit up and gave Jiyoon an evil glare:”Excuse me?”

Jiyoon grin:”I said, if I were to compare you with ANYTHING in this world, of course anything would be more beautiful!”

Gayoon sat on Jiyoon tummy and lock both of her hands:”Jeon Jiyoon, I give you another chance, what did you say?!”

Jiyoon smirk:”Hmm..seem like you have some hearing trouble today…Okay, so listen carefully: I said, If I were to compare you with anything in this world, of course, you would always be the most beautiful one.” She stare at Gayoon eyes.

Gayoon became all red and smack her:”Hahaha, what are you talking about!” as Gayoon lay back down, trying not be awkward.

Jiyoon sigh and pretend to smile:”Well, if I said the other way around, you would have hit me right?” then she quickly stood up and ran away.

Gayoon:”YAH!! YOU!!! “ then she quickly chase after Jiyoon.

-End of flashback-

Jiyoon giggle at the thought but then she felt like someone’s staring at her. Then she felt someone laying beside her, and the feeling feel so comfortable. As she turn around, she sees Gayoon laying there with her eyes close beside her. She was going to say something but to her surprise, Gayoon whisper:”Shh, let’s not talk and enjoy this moment for a bit.” Jiyoon just stare at Gayoon and turn her head back down and stare at the sky, enjoying this moment. How long has it been since she feel so peaceful. Even though none of them are speaking, but they still feel very comfortable between each other.  While both of them have their eyes closed, both of them have so many questions in their mind. “How will it be after, should I talk first? What will happen? Is she still mad at me?”

After a while, Gayoon finally speak up:”Jiyoonie, can we talk?”

Jiyoon freeze at the sound of Gayoon:”Hm..what is there to talk about?”

Gayoon:”Us..”

Jiyoon stare at the sky, not knowing how to answer her:”There’s no more us. So there’s nothing to talk about”

Then there was a silent. Jiyoon stood up:”I’m leaving, bye”

Then Gayoon quickly hold Jiyoon wrist:”Let’s have supper together..we haven’t eaten together for a long time…”

Jiyoon:”We just ate together yesterday”

Gayoon:”Just..me and you..please?”

Jiyoon tummy started to growl.

Gayoon smile:”See, you are hungry…let’s go” then she drag Jiyoon out for supper.

 

During the supper, Gayoon tried to talk to Jiyoon normally.

Gayoon:”So..how’s everything?”

Jiyoon:” Okay, you?”

Gayoon:”Not too good..”

Jiyoon:”Ah..” she continue to eat, trying not to show any emotion

Gayoon:”You are not going to ask me why?”

Jiyoon stare at her then sigh:”Why?”

Gayoon:”Because you are not by my side”

Jiyoon froze, her heart was beating very fast and she can feel her face becoming hot. She quickly grab the glass in front of her and drink it.

Gayoon:”Eh, you just drank my wine…”

 Jiyoon almost spit it out:”Oh..sorry!”

Gayoon smiled at Jiyoon reaction.

Then Jiyoon phone was vibrating, she look at her phone and answer the phone call:

“Yes?”

“Ah, im eating supper outside with a friend…”

“Hm..Yeah, ill see you when I get home…”

“Yeah…love you too..bye”

As Gayoon heard the conversation, she knew it was Hyuna.

Gayoon:”Hyuna call?”

Jiyoon:”Yeah…I forgot to tell her that im eating out…”

Gayoon:”So…we are friends?”

Jiyoon stare:”What?”

Gayoon:”Well at least you told Hyuna you are eating out with a friend..which  mean you are not mad at me anymore right?!” she smiled

Jiyoon sigh, she know she can’t win against this girl:”Sigh..yes..friend..”

Gayoon smile:”Let’s forget about the past okay? All the bad memories.”

Jiyoon stare at her “Yeah, sure…”

 After they finish eating, Gayoon took the bill in which Jiyoon tried to fight to split the cost but failed miserably.

Jiyoon:”Alright, I’ll go home…bye”

Gayoon:”Let me send you home”

Jiyoon:”It’s alright, I’ll take the cab..”

Gayoon:”Come on!! Aren’t we friends??” then she drag her into her car n drove her home.

Hyuna was waiting for Jiyoon impatiently, she wonder who she ate supper with. But it’s pretty much obvious to her that it was Gayoon, but somehow she still has that tiny hope that it wasn’t her.

As she was looking out at the curtain, she sees a car arriving in which Jiyoon came out. She looked at the driver, it was indeed Gayoon. Her heart was not feeling well. She quickly sat down on the sofa waiting for Jiyoon to come in.

As Jiyoon walk in, she sees Hyuna sitting on the sofa:”You are still up?”

Hyuna smile:”Of course, it’s still early. What did you eat?”

Jiyoon:”Just some food, nothing too special..you?”

Hyuna:”Some congee..So who did you go eat with?”

Jiyoon gulp

Jiyoon:”It was…” 

------------------------------------

Soooooo! What should Jiyoon do? Should she lie since she doesnt know if Gayoon saw them or not?? What do you think will happen next? :)

Come on readers! Don't be shy! Let me know what you think :) I like to socialize with my readers hehe, i don't bite ;)