Chapter 33

Broken Promises

Hyuna was working late in the company, she stare at her phone, still no message from Jiyoon. She frowned, hoping things is fine. She finally finishes her work so she decides to go home. The moment she step out, she notice the big rain, she sigh, she didn’t bring an umbrella today. So she ran to the taxi and went home.

The moment she steps in, the whole house was dark, she frowned thinking that Jiyoon wasn’t home yet. As she was walking in she trip on something and fell down.

‘’OUCH!’’ but then she heard some sobbing she look around in the dark, and see a mini figure on the floor.

‘’Jiyoon?’’

She hears more sobbing then :’’Bab..e…’’

Hyuna quickly ran to Jiyoon and hug her:’’What’s wrong baby???’’ the moment she touch her, she can feel that Jiyoon was completely soaked:’’What the!! Baby!! Why didn’t you change you are all wet!!!’’ but Jiyoon couldn’t answer her. She was just crying and crying.

Hyuna hug her tight:’’Baby, why are you crying?? What happen???’’ but Jiyoon couldn’t say anything except the sound of her crying.

Hyuna hold her up and brought her to the washroom to shower. As she was washing Jiyoon, she was staring at Hyuna, still tearing up.

‘’Baby…’’ says Jiyoon

‘’Hmm?’’ answer Hyuna still washing Jiyoon

‘’I’m…sor..ry’’

‘’Why are you sorry? What happen??’’

‘’I…’’ then she started to cry again

Hyuna:’’Shhh its okay, tell me later shhh’’ as she finish washing her she dress her up and made her lay in bed while she wash herself fast fast.

The moment she step in, she sees Jiyoon with eyes close. So she thought Jiyoon was asleep.

Hyuna close the lights and went to bed, back hugging Jiyoon. Then Jiyoon started to tear up again:’’Im sorry Hyuna…’’

Hyuna:’’Shhhh’’ she turn Jiyoon over and slowly caress her cheek:’’What’s wrong baby, it hurt to see you like this ar…’’

Jiyoon looked down:’’I…kissed Gayoon…’’ the moment HYuna heard it, her heart got stab. She wasn’t too surprise, she knew that it would come, she knew that Gayoon would make a move on Jiyoon but she didn’t expect it to be so fast.

She stare at Jiyoon:’’okay…then…?’’

Jiyoon:’’That’s all, I pushed her away…and I screamed at her..’’

Hyuna hug her tight cuz she know that she’s hurt but the hurt that Jiyoon feel should be 100x worst than her: ‘’It’s okay baby, you told me the truth, and I believe in you, so stop crying okay?’’ she peck her nose

Jiyoon nod and hug Hyuna tight:’’Im sorry…’’

Hyuna:’’Shhhh’’ as she caress Jiyoon hair, trying to make her fall asleep.

Jiyoon:’’Please, don’t leave me alone with her anymore…’’

Hyuna nod:’’I will protect you, my princess’’ then they both fell asleep in each other embrace.

 

The next day, they had to work with Gayoon and Doojoon. The moment Hyuna and Jiyoon step into the room, the atmosphere was a bit off, Gayoon wasn’t taking her eyes off Jiyoon and Jiyoon just kept looking at Hyuna and Hyuna just kept staring at Gayoon.

Doojoon:’’Hm..what is this atmosphere?? Did you girls have a fight or something??’’ then all 3 of them glare at Doojoon which made him shut up.

Doojoon phone was ringing so he went out to answer the phone then Hyuna speak up.

Hyuna:’’Gayoon, I do not want any trouble from you, we both just want to finish with this project. So from now on, we are just business partner, nothing more, so please be professional, I trust you in this.’’

Gayoon just nod, knowing that she will have no chance to talk to Jiyoon, she moved too fast, she regret it.

Then for those days, whenever Gayoon approach Jiyoon, Jiyoon would just walk to Hyuna or Hyuna would intercept her for her questions. But the project was still moving on quite fast since Hyuna is very competent and knows pretty much anything Jiyoon knows.

Few weeks pass, Jiyoon and Hyuna were ask to go see the boss.

Boss:”Jiyoon, Hyuna good work! I heard from the partner that you girls are doing a perfect job with them!”

Hyuna:”Yeah, we know the owner of that company.”

Boss:”Oh really?”

Hyuna:”It’s Jiyoon best friend fiance”

Jiyoon fringe at that comment

Boss:”Well, perfect, I have an announcement for you two”

Jiyoon and Hyuna stare at the boss

Boss:”You two is getting a promotion, and both of you will be taking over the whole project for yourself. You will be the manager of that whole project”

Jiyoon:”Weren’t we already handling that…”

Boss:”Well, Mr. Doojoon want you girls to have complete power on the project. As in, you will be working solely with this company until the whole project is done.”

Jiyoon:”WHAT?!” she stood up from the chair.

Hyuna:”I don’t understand boss…what do you mean? We still have other projects in hand”

Boss:”Well I told you girls before that after you sign the contract you girls can go back to the other city but now, you two will stay here until this project is over. And we have promote you two. Your raise and everything will be update. On top of that, My.Doojoon gave a very good offer for you two. All your expense including everyday meal can be claim 100% from them.”

Jiyoon:”I refuse”

Boss stare at Jiyoon:”What?”

Jiyoon:”I said I refuse”

Boss:”But Jiyoon, this is such an amazing offer!!!” then the boss turn to Hyuna:”Hyuna!! You must convince Jiyoon to stay”

Hyuna shrug:”Boss..i don’t think is a good idea. Both of us prefer to leave this city. We already bought our ticket to leave for next week”

Boss slams the table:”WELL THAT’S TOO BAD, They will pay you back your ticket money, you two have no other choice!”

Jiyoon stood up in anger and slam the table:”Yes, I do have a choice, I can quit the company!”

Boss was stun:” What did you say, Jeon Jiyoon?”

Hyuna quickly pull Jiyoon down:”Sorry, I think Jiyoon isn’t at her best temper today…I’ll talk to her and get back to you”

Boss:”Well, remember one thing, the moment you leave my company, I will make sure you can’t find any job in this domain anymore!!’’

Jiyoon was holding her fist tight then storm out of the office and Hyuna ran after her.

During the car ride, Jiyoon was silent. Hyuna doesn’t know what to do, deep down she know she should feel happy that Jiyoon doesn’t want to stay because she don’t want to get close with Gayoon, but then again, it also mean that Gayoon still hold a big place in her heart. She stare out at the window and stare at the tree enjoying the silence moment, because she know that this silence moment won’t last long. The drama shall begin, once again. (Hopefully... one last time.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh la la!!! Another chapter up this week :) hope you girls/guys enjoy it!!! 

Let me know what you think!!!! Comments always motivate me to continue writing :) 

The ending is approaching... please bear with me a bit longer guys!!!