Chapter 29 : BEGUN

CHECKMATE

 

BEGUN

 

*Hye Soon POV*

 

I ran into my bedroom and slammed the door behind me. I walked slowly towards my bed while gasping for the air. I was still arranging what happened earlier in my mind. I gulped hard and continue to steady my breath.

 

= Flashback =

 

“Hand it to Hye Rin so she can save the rest of us and kill Jung Yunho.” The first elder said.

 

“No,” I stood up, “That won’t happen.” I refused.

 

“You!” The first elder stood up and slammed the table. “What do you mean by your words just now?” she asked while gritting her teeth.

 

“I said,” I took a deep breath and continued, “That won’t happen. I won’t let Jung Yunho die.” I finished.

 

I could see their eyes widened in shock. Honestly, I was shocked my self. I never expected this kind of words came out from my mouth. But yet again, I couldn’t let them kill Yunho.

 

“Are YOU going nuts?!” the second elder snapped me. She was glaring at me with those ‘ready to kill’ eyes.

 

“No,” I said firmly, “I’m not going nuts or anything, I’m serious.” I stared back at her, trying to keep my heart calm. I swore it was like pounding thousand times harder than before.

 

“You.Are.Not.Doing.This.” the first elder pronounce every word with a demand tone.

 

“Yes.” I said with a same tune. “I am. And I mean it.” I said as calm as I could. After all, they were still the elders. I had to respect them.

 

“NO! You Can’t!” the first elder was furious now, so did the others. Gosh, I had just brought my self a Big problem. But what could I do? There was no turning back, I guessed.

 

I closed my eyes then took another deep breath. I opened my eyes and faced the first elder. I stared deeply in her eyes.

 

“I’m the one who own The Sword, and I’m the one who decide to kill Jung Yunho or not.” I declared.

 

“You-“ Without letting her finished her words, I bowed and dashed out from the meeting room. I could hear their yells behind me but I could careless.

 

= End of Flashback =

 

My legs went limp as I rewind the scenes earlier. My left hand reached for the desk beside me for support. I ran my right hand through my hair, messing it in frustrate. Soon, I felt my tears rolling down my cheek. And not long after, I heard myself sobbing.

 

“I don’t get why Omma chose you to be the next pure blood.”

 

I spun around as I heard the voice. It was once the voice that sounded melodious in my ears, the voice that always gave me courage and support, the voice that always told me to do my best. But now, it was the voice that hurt me the most, the voice that sliced my heart and broke my trust.

 

Hye Rin unnie was leaning on my door while crossing her arms. An unfamiliar smirk was on his face. It wasn’t like the smile that always flashed by her back then. It looked so sly and unfriendly.

 

“Unnie…” I said in a most bitter tone. It hurt so badly when the person that you cherished the most suddenly turned to be someone you didn’t know at all.

 

“Don’t call me Unnie. We’re not sibling.” She scoffed.

 

“Unni-“

 

“It’s such a loss that Omma died in a young age. The pure descent of the Founder is stopped by her dead. And,” she paused and stared at me, “It’s a pity to have you as the next Pure Blood.” She threw me a disgusted look.

 

I looked away and closed my eyes. I could not believe that Hye Rin Unnie was standing in front of me and threw me those words. I bit my lips and tried to be looked strong. I shouldn’t show her my weak side. At least, not now.

 

“I really don’t know what Omma saw in you.” She chuckled and shook her head. “She shouldn’t choose someone to own the Sword just because she looked like the Founder. Pfft~” she let out another chuckle.

 

“Just hand me the Sword.” She demanded. “Because I’m the one who deserve it, not a weak girl who even can not kill a Jung Yunho.”

 

“No. The Sword is mine, and it’ll be always be mine as long as I still breathing.” I opened my eyes and stared at her back. She rolled her eyes and chuckled.

 

“You’ll regret it.” she glared at me then walked out, slammed the door behind her.

 

I fell on my knees and let my tears poured down. I slowly reached for the Sword on my waist and took it out. I grabbed it tightly and stared at it. What must I do now?

 

“Otoke?” I murmured silently between my sobs.

 



 

 

*Yunho POV*

 

I was sitting on my bed, enjoying the darkness of the night and the beauty of the moon light. I did not bother to turn the lamp on, the dim light of the moon was enough. My hand was gripping at a photograph. I found it between the gaps of the breaking library’s floor. I was pretty sure Hye Soon left it.

 

It was the other half of the photograph in grandpa’s diary. So, Hye Yeon was the one that took it away. I chuckled faintly. Having the memories of my grandfather, honestly, it felt kinda weird. I mean, my grandpa, The Lord, Jung Yun Soo was me in the past. And Hye Yeon, The Founder, was Hye Soon in the past. And now, fate brought us together once again. I did not know whether fate wanted to give us another chance to be together or it just wanted to put another prank on us, but, I just knew that this time, I wouldn’t let this chance over.

 

Suddenly, I remembered something. I walked to my desk and sat down. I opened the drawer and fished out something, the other half of the photograph. I put both them on the table and taped them together, just like how it was supposed to be. Slowly I ran my finger on Hye Yeon’s face. She looked as stunning as always in her white dress. Her smile, her smile that had warmed my heart, always plastered there.

 

I lifted it up and stared at it, then I caught something on the back of the photograph. I flipped it back and found another notes on it.

 

‘Don’t ever open your heart.

Don’t let him step in.

Because once it’s locked, then Checkmate.’

 

I could felt a single tear rolled down my cheek. It was Hye Yeon’s writing, a note from her. So, she had got the meaning of Checkmate. I slightly chuckle. I still remembered her confused face when I asked her the meaning of Checkmate back then. I sighed. How I missed the innocent Hye Yeon and our peaceful days together.

 

I was the one who opened her heart, I was the one who took a step into her heart, I was the one who had locked it, and yet, I was not capable enough to protect it.

 

“Hyung!” The sudden yell instantly turned my head around. I found the rest of Dong Bang Shin Ki there, with a serious look on each of their faces.

 

“What’s wrong?” I quickly stood up and faced them.

 

“Hyung,” Changmin started, “Mr. Jung.”

 

“Appa? What’s the matter with him?” I could feel something bad was going on.

 

“He- he…” Junsu paused and gulped nervously.

 

“He gathers all of the Vampires and now, heading to Hye Soon’s place.” Jaejoong finished for him. My eyes widened.

 

“The war has begun.” Yoochun stated.

 

“!” I cursed and dashed out from my room. Hye Soon-ah… Wait for me. I wouldn’t let you go this time.’

 



 

 

The 3rd last chapter is here.. haha~

And the last chapter will be coming soon.. ehehehe~~

 

Hope you guys continue to support me till the end.. ^^

I’ll post the last chapter tomorrow.. *maybe* LOL

Thanks a lot for the supports guys..

Love ya all~~ ^^

 

@Dhee14, 08.29.2011