Chapter 18 - The Story

CHECKMATE

The Story

 

*Yunho POV*

 

The door busted open, revealing a figure that I have never seen in a long time. He was still the same as the last time I saw him. He did not change a bit. His cold stare was still there, his sly smirk was still plastered on. He walked gracefully approaching me, every step he took was sending chill down my spine. Yeah, he did have that cold aura around him. I might freak out if I was not his son. Even my buddies sometimes, reluctant to faced him.

 

He stopped a feet in front of me. Then, he seemed to notice something. He started to look around, studying every inch of the library in a glance. I felt my body getting tense. He would not manage to notice it. He would not notice that Hye Soon had ever been here before. I kept assuring my self. He looked back at me, stared deep in to my eyes.

 

“How are you doing, son?” His voice brought me goosebumps. His smirk widened. I kept my eyes on him too. I must be looked as natural as I could or he would see the truth.

 

“What bring you here?” I asked him back, keeping my cold attitude.

 

“My, my… So, this is how you treat your Appa?” he kept his smirk on his face, crossing his arms on his chest. Gosh, how I hate that smirk.

 

“Stop those good-manners. This is so not you.” I rolled my eyes. Don’t get me wrong, I was not a rebellious child. But, I had lost all of my respecttowards him since long time ago. Since, I was adult enough to know his true self. He was a true demon.

 

Instead of being offended, Appa let out a laugh.

 

“You’re really my son.” He said then smirked again.

 

“Scratch that, what bring you here?” I repeated my question.

 

“Nothing, just wanna see how my son is doing.” He walked away, approaching the couch. He ran his fingers on it for a while then sat down. He then grabbed a book on the table and started to flip it back and forth. I was still standing there, watching him.

 

“The other Vampireshave been discussing a matter lately.” He said without taking his eyes away from the book.

 

“What matter?” I asked him.

 

“Pure Blood Slayer.” This time, he moved his gaze to me. Pure Blood Slayer? Hye Soon? So, this was the reason he came.

 

“So, what is the problem?” I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow.

 

“She did her mission well, we lose a lot of our kind lately.” He stated nonchalantly then looked back to his book. He did not seem bothered with that fact at all.

 

“So?” I asked him again. What was he expecting me to do this time?

 

“So,” he looked at me,“ you must do your task as well. Prey the Pure Blood.”

 

“What?” I blurted out.

 

“You don’t forget your task, do you?” he raised an eyebrow on me, following by a sly smirk.

 

“Of course not.” I said, tried to be looked careless. But in fact, his words was kept flashing in my mind.

 

‘Prey the Pure Blood’. Gosh, those words startled me. I was forgetting my task for a moment, I was too overwhelmed in finding about my grandfather’s past, I guess. Anyways, preying Hye Soon never flashed in my mind at all, which was weird. I’ll usually more than happy to prey a hot slayer like her, let alone a pure blood. But, in front of Hye Soon, it was different, I somewhat forgot that she was actually a slayer. I did not want to admit this but, I enjoyed every second I spent with her. 

 

“Good, so, do what you supposed to do.” He closed the book and put it back to the table. He stood up and started to walk out from the library.

 

“Wait,” I stopped him. I hesitant a moment, but then decided to ask him. “Talking about slayer, what’s the relationship between The Lord and … The Founder?”

 

He stopped and spun around. He seemed stunned for a fizzy, but then I saw that sly smirk again, following with a clod chuckle.

 

“What make you ask about it?” he looked straight in to my eyes. Jeez, I hated how he intimated another.

 

“I have a right to know it, I guess.” I couldn’t say that I was trapped in the secret room along with the pure blood slayer and found a painting of The Lord and The Slayer who looked like a couple, could I?

 

“They were lover.” He stated matter-of-factly.

 

“W-what?” I blurted out. My grandfather and the founder were what?? Oh my!!

 

“Yeah, your grandfather and that woman were in love back then. Oh, in forbidden love to be exact.”

“Forbidden?” I did not get that word.

 

“Yeah, love between human and Vampire are forbidden.” Oh, I got it now. So, that’s why?

 

“What happened between them, then?” I couldn’t help but asked more. I was never felt this curious before.

 

“Well, at first, that woman was a slave. Your grandfather bought her in an auction. But as the time passed, something happened between them. something that terribly wrong happened between them. It’s love.”

 

As I heard the explanation, I could see another scenes flashing again. A familiar figure, long hair, fair skin, gentle smile, soft voice. I closed my eyes and shook my head, getting rid of the pictures.

 

“S-so, what happened next?”

 

“Your grandfather gave up everything for that woman, his heart, his pride, his soul, even your grandmother and me, his only son. But in the end, that woman betrayed him. She ran away with a human man.” I felt my chest tightened as I heard the word ‘betrayed’. So, that was what happened between them? Really?

 

“W-What happened after that?” I tried to keep my voice stiff.

 

“They killed each other.” He finished. I froze there, trying to process that sentence in my mind. They killed each other, for real? How could they end like that? Pathetic.

 

“So, that’s why you must do your task. Prey the pure blood slayer and take revenge to your grandfather.” He said again and walked out.

 

I clutched hard my fist into a ball. I could feel a rush of anger in my spine. I smack the vase beside me, leaving it shattered in to pieces. I gritted my teeth. That human woman, how dare she do that to my grandfather!

 

“Just wait, slayer. I will take revenge.”

 


 

hi.. hi… a new chapter is here.. ^^

seems that all of my ffs are getting worse.. T^T

 

anyways, thanks a lot for those who always support me..<3

 

©Dhee14, 08.22.2011