Chapter 17 - Yoochun's Past

CHECKMATE

 

Yoochun’s Past

 

*Yoochun POV*

 

Loud music kept flowing through my ears. Women’s winks and touches kept being sent to me. Hard liquor kept flooding my throat. I kept my eyes close, enjoying everything I got. These things had been my habit since long time ago, since this world existed, I guess. Don’t blame me, I was lonely. Okay, I have my 4 best buddies. But they were not really in to these stuffs.

 

More over, I needed these. I was addicted to these. These were the ones that kept me alive. The ones that kept me moved, moved from my past… moved from her..

 

= Flashback =

 

I was standing in front of the mirror, fixing my clothes and my hair, making sure that I looked breath-taking like always. I swept away some fantasy dust in my shoulder. My killer smile plastered in my face. I was ready for tonight.

 

I stepped out from the bathroom and soon being welcomed by the club’s loud music. I was going to make my way to my table while suddenly, I felt someone bumped to me. I caught her waist as my reflex worked. I looked at the woman in my arms and I saw the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. Her eyes, her nose, her skin, her lips, they’re all perfect. She was staring at me with those big beautiful eyes. Her soft pink kissable lips mumbled a soft gasp. I was stunned, stunned by her heavenly beauty.  

 

She cleared and I started to get conscious. I was still holding her waist. My face grew hot. Gosh, I never felt this shamed before in front of a girl. I quickly let her go. She stood up and started to fix her dress.

 

“Thank you.” She uttered shyly. Geez, her voice was like a melody in my ears.

 

“No problem, Miss…?“

 

“Shin Ri. Lee Shin Ri.” Even her name sounded beautiful to me.

 

“I’m park Yoochun. Nice to meet you.” I extended my hand and she shook it. She smiled to me. And guess what?? It was the sweetest smile ever. I must admit it. Park Yoochun, the Casanova, fell in love at the 1st sight.

 

Since that little incident, we got to know each other. She was a wonderful girl. Every second I spent with her was the happiest time in my life. Not long after, we were practically going out. Everything was fine. I loved her and she loved me. We loved each other. But, there’s a problem, just this one problem. She was a human. While me, I was a Vampire since I was born. We were… different.

 

I never told her that I was a Vampire, tough. I knew this was wrong. So, I made up my mind. I decided to tell her the truth, she deserved to know. I called her and asked her to meet me at the park. I was going to tell her today.

 

I arrived at the park first. 5 minutes later, she came. She was as beautiful as the 1st time I met her. She was wearing a white dress. It was wrapping perfectly on her body, stopped at her knee. Her black silky hair was hanging loosely, waving gracefully as she ran approaching me. A wide smile plastered on her doll-like face. I was the luckiest man, no, I was the luckiest Vampire on the earth.

 

“Oppa, mianhe, I’m late.” She pouted a little.

 

“Aigoo~ my girl was so cute while pouting.” I pinched her cheek. Her face slightly turned red.

 

“Oppa, stop it.” She brushed away my hand.

 

“What do you want to tell me, Oppa?” she asked me, staring me with those Bambi’s eyes.

 

“Let’s take a walk first. This was one of those rare shiny days.” I held her hand. It was felt just perfect in mine. We were strolling at the park, enjoying the scenery and talking about some random stuffs.

 

“Oppa, what things doyou like the most?” she suddenly asked me.

 

“You.” I replayed instantly.

 

“Oppa, I’m serious.” She pouted again. I chuckled.

 

“I’m serious.” I put on a serious face.

 

“Aish… okay, then.. what thing do you hate the most?” she asked again.

 

“Hate? Well, insect? I don’t know.” I shrugged.

 

“How about you?” I asked her back. “What thingsdo you like the most?”

 

“Sun.” she said proudly.

 

“Sun? Why?” I raised an eyebrow.

 

“Because they’re warm.” She smiled.

 

“Hmm, so, what thing do you hate the most then?” I asked again.

 

“Vampire.” I stopped walking, I was caught in my track.

“W-what?” I blurted. Gosh, I hope I heard wrong. It can’t be.

 

“Vampire. I hate Vampire.” She stated matter-of-factly.

 

“W-Why?” I couldn’t help but asked her.

 

“They killed my parents.” She said. I could feel the sorrow in her voice. So, that’s why? Oh my~ geez. This was bad. How could I tell her now? She hated Vampire. She hated… me.

 

“Oppa. Are you okay?” she asked me. I faked a smile.

 

“Yeah. Of course. Why wouldn’t I?” I laughed nervously. I was not fine at all. My life had just shattered in to pieces, okay, maybe I was too exaggerating. But, this was surely a big problem.

 

“Oppa, let’s have lunch.” She said and started to lead me to the restaurant nearby.

 

We had lunch together and continued our date. But my mind was filled with her words earlier. ‘I hate Vampire’. Those words kept repeating in my mind. Soon, it was afternoon. I decided to walk her home.

 

“Oppa, look! Carnival!” she suddenly stopped me. I spun around and yes, that was a Carnival. It was so crowded.

 

“Look at those balloons, so cute~” she beamed happily. A small smile appeared in my face. I felt happy if she was happy. She was staring at those colorful balloons. And suddenly, an idea popped out.

 

“Shin Ri-ah. Wait here, don’t go anywhere.” I let her hand go and ran in to the crowd. I heard her calling my name behind me. But I kept running, I wanted to give her a surprise.

 

---

 

I was walking out from the crowd. Heading to the place I left Shin Ri, a big grin plastered on my face and a bunch of red balloons in my grasp. Red was Shin Ri’s favorite color. Soon, I arrived there, but I saw no one. Shin Ri was not there. A bad feeling washed my mind. I started to wander around, searching for her. I called her name but no answer. I kept calling her name and running. Where could she be? What happened with her?

 

“Nooooo~ Help!!” I heard someone yelled. I knew that voice. I knew it perfectly. The balloons escaped my grasp. I was running now, running like there’s no tomorrow.

 

“Shin Ri!” I yelled. I ran to the source of the voice. I bumped to someone, a man. He was wearing a mask and clutching a knife. A bloody knife. He quickly ran away.

 

“Oppa~” I heard a soft whimper. I spun around and what I saw there was the most horrible scene ever. There she was, there my girl was, there my love was, lying on the cold floor in the empty alley. Her purse was beside her and the belongings were scattered around.

 

I quickly approached her. She was bleeding. I took her in my arms. Her face was paler than me. Her body was colder than me, it was not normal to a human to be this pale and cold. She was trembling. Her white dress was now crimson red. I felt my heart being ripped apart from me.

 

“Oppa…” she whispered. It was so soft, barely audible.

 

“Shin Ri-ah. Hold on, I’ll take you to the hospital.” I was sobbing now. I couldn’t take it. Watching her like this hurt me so bad.

 

“Oppa, it’s cold.” She said. I could feel she was losing her strength. She was not going to make it. She was dying. I have to do something. And the only thing that flashed in my mind was changing her, changed her in to our kind.

 

I had to do it, now or never. I lift her head and let out my fangs. I was ready to bite her neck when suddenly she caught my lips in her. I could feel my fangs sliced her trembling lips. I could taste her sweet blood in my tongue. Not long after, she broke apart and smiled.

 

“I love you…” she looked in to my eyes and whispered. Tears kept flowing from my eyes.

 

“I love you too…” I said between my sobs. I realized that this was the first time I said those words to her. If only I said it earlier. I never expected that I have to say it in this kind of situation.

 

And then, she once again took my lips in her. We shared our passionate kiss there. We shared our sweetest kiss there. We shared our most tragic kiss there. We shared our… last kiss there.

 

= End of Flashback =

 

A single drop of tear slid down my cheek as I replayed those scenes. I wasn’t supposed to remember them anymore. I had to forget it. If only I could.

 



 

 

here’s Yoochun’s Past…

And it officially ends DBSK’s past series.. LOL

I’ll continue the main story after this…

Please look forward and continue to support me.. ^^

 

©Dhee14, 08.21.2011