Chapter 11 - Photograph & Note

CHECKMATE

Photograph and Note

 

*Hye Soon POV*

 

“You- You’re Slayer?” Yunho stared at me with a pair of wide eyes. I gasped. What must I do know? Oh my God, what must I freakin’ do now?

 

“Y-Yeah! I’m a Slayer!” I tried to be tough in front of him. I couldn’t show my weak side in front of a Vampire. And by the way, now, he looked furious. As if he was ready to bite me.

 

“So, all this time you know that I’m a…” he approached me, trying to corner me.

 

“A Vampire? Oh wait, I mean a Pure Blood Vampire?” I tried kept strong. But inside, my heart beat so fast. Gosh, the Pure Blood was surely scary, even when he lost his power. I never got scared of Vampire in my entire life as a Slayer. This was the first time ever. And I could see his eyes widened even more.

 

“You- what is your intention?” he asked me while gritting his teeth, trying to suppress his anger. You know what? I never felt this thankful to the full moon before. I did not want to imagine what will happen if he didn’t lose his power.

 

“W-what else? Of course to kill you.” I stated. I could feel the book shelf on my back now. Jeez. He must stop to corner me soon or… or the worst will happen. I swore.

 

“Kill me?” he asked me in disbelief. “You are-“

 

“Pure blood.” Those words just blurted out from my mouth. Yunho gasped. I knew he was shocked. No Vampire knew who the Pure Blood slayer was, unless they got killed by me.

 

“You-“ He keep cornering me, until I bumped to the book shelf hard. Made the books fell from the shelf. And then something caught my attention. Well, our attention to be exact, because now, Yunho was staring at the thing too.

 

It looked like a diary, lying on the floor near us. But the thing that caught our attention was the photograph slipped in it. It was a photograph of the woman in the painting.

 

 


 

 

*Yunho POV*

 

I was furious. So, all this time, the Slayer, no, The Pure Blood Slayer was in front of my own eyes. Argh! Why must I lose my power now? Gosh! And now, I was stuck together with her. Could my life get worse?

 

I glared at Hye Soon. I kept cornering her, until her back bumped to the book shelf. The books were falling down. And then something caught my attention. An old book looked like a diary fell to the ground and a photograph stuck out from it. It was the photograph of a woman.

 

A woman in the painting to be exact. The so-called Founder. I could feel Hye Soon staring at it too. Well, I decided to forget my business with her for a moment. I was more curious with the diary. Maybe it had some hints about the relationship between ‘The Lord’ and ‘The Founder’.

 

I grabbed the diary. It so was dusty. I swept away the dust and started to open it. It was not full of writing. It was quite empty in fact. I fished out the photograph. It was dusty too. But clear enough to see the image of the woman. And yeah, she looked exactly like Hye Soon, but calmer and nicer. She was wearing a long white gown. She looked serene with a gentle smile hanging on her face. But the photograph was weird. It was like being ripped a half. And I couldn’t find another half of it at the diary. Hye Soon slowly peer at the photograph too.

 

“She is-“ she mumbled.

 

“The FOUNDER” I cut her, emphasizing the word ‘Founder’. She better did not forget that she still have not finished her business with me. But she seemed ignorant.

 

“Look, there’s a note behind.” She pointed at the photograph. I flipped it then yeah, I saw a note there. I began to read it.

 

“Look each step you take.

Watch every step you lay.

Because one step is Checkmate.”

 

 

I read it out loud.

 

 

“What does it mean?” she said while looking at me. I ignored her. I was too confused to answer her. A lot of voices kept flowing through my mind.

 

‘Hye Yeon-ah…’ ‘Don’t…’ ‘Hye Yeon’ ‘Please…’ ‘Mian…’

 

My head hurt. It was felt like exploding. I never experienced it before.

 

“Arggh!” I groaned while holding my head. The voices kept repeating. It hurt so badly.

 

“A-Are you okay?” I felt Hye Soon’s tap at my shoulder.

 

“Don’t touch me!” I snapped her. I grabbed both of her shoulder. I glared deeply into her eyes. And then the scenes kept flashing. The same eyes, the same gaze, the same facial expression. They kept flashing in my mind. Slowly I could feel my power back, seemed that the full moon was almost over.

 

“Who are you, huh?!” I yelled at her. She did not let out a single word. She kept staring at me with those wide eyes. I pushed her and pinned her to the wall, err- I mean, book shelf. And suddenly the book shelf spin opened. Gosh, not again.

 

And yeah, we soon fell into the darkness. Again.

 

 


 

 

here’s the update…

well, sorry for the short chapter..

And I would like to know… well, it’s not a vote.. I’ve done it back then when I posted this on winglin..

So,what ending u guys want for this ff?? A sad ending or a happy one??

Please let me know.. =]

I’ve completed this story at Winglin though, but an alternate one? Maybe... hahahhaha

Anyways, enjoy~

 

Thank you so much for the comments..

I Really appreciate it… and it motivate me to write.. ^^

Once again, thx.. <3

 

Anyways, do I have another silent reader?? *looking around*

If yes, then please type me a word or two.. hehe~

Let’s chat.. I love chatting.. LOL~

 

©Dhee14, 08.18.2011