Chapter 16 - Changmin's Past

CHECKMATE

 

Changmin's Past

 

*Changmin POV*

 

“Minnie! Let’s play soccer!” Junsu hyung nagged me again. Sigh. Again. As much as I love him, I could not stand his high pitch squeal. It was annoying, really really annoying.

 

“Hyung, I’m busy.” I told him, I hoped he would stop his squeal.

 

“Aish, you little-“ I quickly walked away before he started another round of squeal again. I walked out from the Castle. I need a peaceful place. Have I told you that I lived together with Junsu hyung?? Gosh, could you imagine how many times I must hear his squeal, squeak, or whatever you called it? I really really need a peace. Like my old time…

 

= Flashback =

 

I was sitting alone at the park. It had become my habit. I loved being alone, I hated a commotion. I did not like to play with the other kids. Maybe it seemed abnormal, but I could not help it. The other kids did not want to play with me, anyways. They said that I was a statue. So did my parents, they thought that I was mute at first, because I did not like to talk. I didn’t know what’s wrong with me.

 

One day, my parents asked me to attend a party with them. It was the most unforgettable day in my life. It was still clear in my mind, although it had been centuries ago.

 

I was in the car with my parents. I sat at the back, while my parents at the front. My appa drove us. My parents were chatting excitedly while I was… well, sat there and staring at them. They seemed so enthusiast. Was chatting that interesting? Honestly, I want to join them too, but I just could not.

 

They kept talking and laughingwhen suddenly, I saw a blinding light flashing through the windows. My parents screamed. I did not know what happen. All I knew was everything turned black.

 

Soon, I was getting conscious. I could felt a soft bed and a soft pillow. I was expecting a pain, but no, I felt nothing. I even felt stronger and healthier than before. Suddenly I heard a door opened. A girl in maid uniform approached me. I sat up and staring at her. She smiled at me.

 

“Are you ready?” she asked me. ‘Ready for what?’ I wanted to ask her but I was too confused to arrange a sentence. So, I just nodded my head. She helped me to stand up. And then, she led me to another room. I kept looking around the house. No, made it a Castle. It was so big, no, huge,and beautiful.

 

We then approached a door. She opened it and let me in. As soon as I stepped in, a boy around my age approached me. He was holding a soccer ball.

 “Annyong.” he waved at me eagerly, a big goofy smile plastered in his face. I kept staring at him. He was surely weird.

 

“I’m Junsu. What’s your name?” he extended his hand to me, for a shake, I guess. But I didn’t move. I just kept staring at me. I never met a kid like this before, he was too enthusiastic.

 

“He is Changmin.” The man said. He was standing behind the kid… err.. what was his name again? Junko? Junso? Ah~ Junsu. The man looked young and handsome. And so did Junsu, I must admitted. They were extraordinary gorgeous, not like the other humans I ever seen before. And they looked a like, maybe he was Junsu’s appa.

 

“Minnie! Let’s play soccer!” My thought was being blown out by Junsu’s voice. His voice was as weird as his self. It was high, so high and sound exactly like a dolphin. He grabbed my hand and dragged me with him to goodness-knew-where.

 

I was confused. I did not understand. I was in my car yesterday. And I saw a light. And then… what happened?? How could I be here now? Where was I? Who were those people? I have tons of questions in my head.

 

“Minnie! Minniiiiiiiieee~” a squeal brought me back to earth. And I saw Junsu in front of me, waving his hand in front of my face.

 

“What’re you thinking about?” he said. Thanks goodness, he did not use his high pitch squeal anymore.

 

“Eum…” I was not used to talking with people, especially to the unfamiliar one. But, I must try, I guess.

 

“Where’re we?” I managed to say. Junsu blinked twice then he smiled again.

 

“We are at my Castle.” He said with proud.

 

“Castle? Well… H-How can I be here?” I asked again. He seemed a little confused now.

 

“Eum, I don’t know. My appa bring you here, I guess.” He said while shrugging.

 

“Why do you live in this Castle? I mean… It’s quite far from town. Okay, it’s SO far from town.” I said. And wow, I never knew that I could speak this much with him.

 

“It’s normal to a Vampire to live at Castle.” He stated as a matter of fact. So, that’s why. Wait? What?

 

“V-Vamp what?” I blurted out.

 

“Vampire. I’m a Vampire. You’re a Vampire. We’re Vampires. Don’t say that you forget what species you are.” He put his hands on his hip and looked at me suspiciously.

 

“V-vampire? No way!” I could not believe it.I was talking with a Vampire. Oh my God, I was in a big trouble. Wait, did he just say that I was a Vampire too?? No way. I was human.

 

“Minnie~ Are you okay?” he once again waved his hand in front of me. But this time, I was too overwhelmed in my daze. I froze there. The word ‘Vampire’ kept echoing in my mind. I felt my surrounding swirled. And soon, I out again.

 

= End of Flashback =

 

I still remember that day until now. I could not help but chuckle. I was so confused back then. Who would not? I mean, one day,you were a human, and the next day,you suddenly found out that you’re a Vampire. It was ridiculous.

 

But I did not regret it though. I loved being a Vampire. They’re strong, independent, and powerful. Sometimes, I felt that I was meant to be one of them.

 



 

 

another update.. ehehe~

boring?? I know.. ==’

what do you guys think?? Tell me.. ^^

comments?? ^^

 

 

©Dhee14, 08.21.2011