Chapter 12 - Another Note

CHECKMATE

Another Note

 

*Hye Soon POV*

 

I could feel we fall in to the darkness. It was not a long journey because soon, I could feel my back landed on something soft. Yeah, ‘MY’ back and that meant Yunho was on top of me. Our faces were so close to each other. I did not make a single blink, well, I could not make a single blink in fact. I stared at him with wide eyes. He stared back at me. But that fierce and deep gaze was not there anymore, replaced with a longing stare.

 

Suddenly, I heard the door opened.

 

“OMO! Gyaaa~ My innocent eyes!” I heard someone squealed. I spun around to see the rest of DBSK there. Junsu with both of his hands covering his face, with a little space between his fingers. Changmin with a weird look on his handsome face. Yoochun with a foolish grin plastered. And Jaejoong with his usual glare.

 

And then, I started to be aware with my surrounding. It looked like we landed at a bedroom. Okay, it was indeed a bedroom because now, we were on the bed.

 

“What’re you two doing there?” Yoochun said while smirking. My cheeks felt hot. Gosh, this was darn embarrassing. I pushed Yunho away, causing him to fall from the bed. I shot up from the bed as well and ran out from the room. I bumped to Junsu on my way, made him spun around.

 

“Whoa~ watch out!” I heard him squeaked. I did not have time to apologize. I kept running and running. I must get out from this Castle as soon as I could. These were too much for me.

 


 

*Yunho POV*

 

“Hyung! You’re so naughty.” Yoochun nudged me as soon as I stood up.

 

“Shut up!” I told him. I was not in the mood to kidding around now. I was too confused. My head kept aching.

 

“But really, what are you two doing here?” Changmin asked.

 

“Nothing.” I replayed nonchalantly, started to rubbing my forehead.

 

“You said that lying together on the same bed with you on top of her is nothing?” Yoochun said while shaking his head in disbelief.

 

“Whatever.” I said without looking at him. I stared hard on the photograph in my grasp.

 

“What’s that?” Jaejoong asked me while pointing at the ‘thing’ at my hand. He approached me to take a good look at it. The rest followed him. After a minute of silence, Junsu spoke up.

 

“Isn’t she… Hye Soon?” he stared at me, waiting for my answer, I guessed.

 

“Nope.” I replayed. “She is Hye Yeon, Kim Hye Yeon.” I said without taking my eyes away from the photograph. I could hear some gasps. They must be shocked to hear the name of ‘The Founder’.

 

I must search for the hints. The hints about what happened in the past.

 


 

*Hye Soon POV*

 

I arrived at my mansion. It was morning already. I quickly entered and heading to my room. I closed the door and leaned at it. I closed my eyes while trying to steady my breath. I must sort out my mind. I was confused, I was frightened, I was nervous, gosh, I even did not know what I was feeling at this moment.

 

What happened between ‘The Founder’ and that vampire? How come they looked exactly like me and… Yunho? What was the meaning of that note? Argh! There were a lot of questions running through my mind. My head was hurting.

 

I ran to the bathroom, turned the tap on and soakedmy face with the cold water. I need to chill my mind. I stared at my reflection on the mirror.

 

“Who’re you?” I whispered to my self. I felt like losing my own self, I felt like did not know my self anymore. I closed my eyes again and took a deep breath.

 

“Calm down, Hye Soon, stay tough.” I told my self. Yeah, I have to stay strong. I was a Slayer. I must not feel weak. I must accomplish my mission. I must… fulfill my promise.

 

After calming down a little, I came out from the bathroom, to find Hye Rin unnie sitting on my bed.

 

“Are you okay?” she asked me in concern. Ah~ I missed her. I wanted to tell her what happened, I wanted to tell her all. But, no, I can’t. I, myself, even not sure what happened.

 

“Yeah. Gwenchana.” I said while walking to the closet. I grabbed out a towel and started to dry my face with it.

 

“Are you sure?” she asked again.

 

“Yeah, I’m just tired.” I said without facing her.

 

“Do you have any problem with your mission?” she asked again. Jeez, why must she ask a lot? I wasn’t at the mood for a chit-chat. “Hye-“

 

“None of your business!” I snapped her. Oh my God, what have I do?

 

“Mi-Mianhe. I-I was-“ I quickly blurted out.

 

“Gwenchana. I know you’re tired. I think I shouldn’t bother you now.” She smiled and then started to heading out.

 

“Unnie.” I called her. She spun around. “Mian.” I rubbed my neck sheepishly.

 

“Gwenchana.” She smiled again. “Take a rest.” She said and then walked out.

 

I locked the door and sat on my bed. Suddenly, I heard my ring tone was being played. I searched for my phone in my pocket, but it was not there. I started to look around. Nowhere. Where’s it? The ring tone kept playing. I searched everywhere. Under my pillow, at my desk, in the closet, even in the bathroom. I peeped under my bed, I saw something flashing and ringing, and yeah, there was it. How could it move there?

 

I stretched my arm and tried to grab it. But instead of my phone, I fished out something strange. It was a pocket book. I did not have a good feeling about it. It reminded me of the Diary at Yunho’s Castle. However, I started to flip it open. It was full of writing. I tried to read it. It was like a collection of poetry. I kept flipping it until something slipped out from it. It was a photograph.

 

“Oh my God.” I blurted out. It was a photograph of Yun- Yun Soo. He was wearing a black tux. A familiar smirk plastered at his face. He looked exactly like Yunho. Same as the photograph at Yunho’s Castle, it was ripped apart. So, this was the other part, I guess. And then, I remembered something.

 

With a shaking hand, I flipped the photograph around. And I guess right, there was a note there. Written in a neat letters. I read it.

 

“Don’t ever open your heart.

Don’t let him step in.

Because once it’s locked, then Checkmate.”

 

And then a lot of voices started to be playedin my ears. “My Lord… Please.. Yun Soo-ah… No… Don’t… No…” the voices kept running through my ears. Every voice was piercing, ripping my heart. My head went dizzy. I closed my eyes. And then, scenes were flashing in my mind. His smirk, his gaze, his stare, his smile…

 

My eyes shot open. I breathed hard. I could feel the cold sweat formed at my forehead. My heart was thumping fast. I was confused and scared at the same time. I threw away the photograph and ran my hands through my hair.

 

Seriously, what happened?

 


 

ohoho, here’s the update guys…

 

 

happy reading.. and comment please~ =]

 

 

©Dhee14, 08.19.2011