Chapter 24 - Rewind :: Obstacle ::

CHECKMATE

Rewind :: Obstacle ::

 

*Third Person POV*

 

Like another night, it was raining. Like another night, it was cold. But tonight was not really like another night, because they’re not alone anymore. Yun Soo now had Hye Yeon, and Hye Yeon now had Yun Soo. The lonely Lord, now had his warmth and the poor slave, now had her shelter. As if every problem had been vanished, they enjoyed every second of their days together.

 

People said, once a heart found its shelter, it would never search for the other one. No matter how hard the rain poured, no matter how destroying the storm was, as long as the shelter was still there, then the heart would be stay there forever.

 

But, what if there was another heart who claimed for the shelter? What if the shelter had been owned before? What if the shelter was not belonged to the heart anymore? Would the heart search for the other one? Could the heart find another shelter?

 

Neither Yun Soo nor Hye Yeon ever guessed that this day would come. But yet, she was here, another heart who claimed for Hye Yeon’s shelter.

 

 


 

 

Yun Soo and Hye Yeon were once again spending their time in the library. When all of sudden, the door busted open, scattering the peace into pieces. They turned their attention to the door, only to find a beautiful woman standing there. Her long black curly hair was hanging loosely. Hye Yeon could feel the black orbs in both of the woman’s eyes were flashing an unfriendly aura, the menacing and suffocating aura. A pointed nose and thick eyebrows were featured in her face. Her lips were red, looked so contrast with her pale skin.  

 

“My Lord.” Her voice was stern and in the same time threatening. A sly smirk plastered in her face and her eyes were giving an indescribable stare.

 

“What are you doing here?” Yun Soo voice was stern too, even colder. It was sending chills down Hye Yeon’s spine. All the time she lived with Yun Soo, this was the first time Yun Soo spoke like that. However, the coldness of his voice widened the woman’s smirk.

 

“Don’t you miss your wife, My Lord?” the woman said with a playful stare in her eyes. And yes, that sentence stopped Hye Yeon’s heart for a second. Her eyes slightly widened. She looked at Yun Soo, hoping that he would say that this was just misunderstood.

 

The woman turned her gaze toward Hye Yeon, glanced at her from head to toe. She let out a chuckle.

 

“I see that your taste had been changed a lot. Am I right?” She asked playfully.

 

“Kim Eun Rae.” Yun Soo’s voice was even colder now. He was gritting his teeth, trying to suppress his anger. Eun Rae let out another chuckle.

 

“Glad that you still remember my name. I hope you don’t forget my position as your wife too.” That sly smirk never left her lips.  

 

“I-is.. Is it r-right?” Hye Yeon whispered faintly. She stared deeply in to Yun Soo’s eyes, tried to find the answer. Instead of said something, Yun Soo broke the eye’s contact. After a moment, he said.

 

“Yes.” That single word managed to shatter Hye Yeon’s world. She bit her lower lip, trying to prevent her tears. Her heart was aching, aching terribly, as if someone stabbed it with a sword. And that someone was not other than Yun Soo, the man who had stole her heart, and the man who ripped it apart as well. She could not take it anymore. She dashed out the library, did not dare to stop, let alone turned back.

 

“Hye Yeon-ah.” Yun Soo was going to follow her, if only Eun Rae did not step in front of him, stopped him in track.

 

“Move.” He glared sharply into Eun Rae’s eyes.

 

“Don’t you miss me, My Lord?” Eun Rae said seductively. Her hand was reaching for Yun Soo’s chest, but being stopped by Yun Soo’s tight grip.

 

“Don’t make me repeat my word.” Yun Soo’s eyes were now crimson red, resembling the blood. He threw Eun Rae’s hand fiercely, making her stumbled a bit.

 

Yun Soo walked pass Eun Rae, bumped his shoulder on to hers in his way. But that did not scare Eun Rae, even a bit. Instead, her smirk widened.

 

“What if the others know about this?” Eun Rae’s words stopped Yun Soo in his track. He immediately turned around. Only to find the other sly smirk and teasing stare of Eun Rae.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I mean… what if… the other vampires know that their Lord have an affair with a weak human girl.”

 

“You.”

 

“Yes, My Lord.” Eun Rae emphasized the word ‘Lord’.

 

“What do you want?” Yun Soo hissed.

 

“My right. My right as your wife, my right as the mother of your son. You didn’t forget your own son, right?” Eun Rae said. Yun Soo looked away. His fist tightened. He was starting to feel sick of his wife’s smirk.

 

But, nonetheless, he could not blame Eun Rae. She did have her right. She was his wife after all. She was the mother of his only son, his heir, the next Pure Blood. But she was not his love, she was not the one that had his heart. It was Hye Yeon.

 

‘Wait, Hye Yeon.’ He yelled in his mind. How could he forget her? Without thinking twice, he dashed out the library, searching for his other half, his other soul.

 

“That .” Eun Rae gritted her teeth. Her fists tightened, causing her long red nails piercing through her palms, but there was no blood dripping out. She was furious. Her husband had just chosen another woman, another weak human woman. She let out a cold chuckle.

 

“Just see, Yun Soo. Just see.”

 


 

sorry again for the boring chapter.. actually, I want to make this longer.. but I was tempted by something so, here’s the chapter.. LOL

don’t worry, I’m gonna update again soon.. xP

 

and guys, this story will end soon.. hhehee~ anyone feel it?? =]

thanks a lot for the comments and supports guys!! >,<

Love ya~~ <333

 

Don’t forget to comment again.. LOL

 

©Dhee14, 08.23.2011