Chapter 23 - REWIND :: Forbidden::

CHECKMATE

Rewind :: Forbidden ::

 

*Third Person POV*

 

“Welcome, my lady.” The man widened his smirk.

 

“Who are you?” the girl asked between her daze. She never met someone as gorgeous as this man before. She could not help but admired each of his features. His thick eyebrow, his sharp eyes, his pointed nose, his y lips, his strong jaw line, they were all mesmerizing.

 

“I’m your new master.” His sentence woke the girl up. He was her new master, the one who bought her in that auction, the one who would ownher from now on. She quickly bowed her head down, breaking their eyes contact.

 

“M-master.” She mumbled weakly. Her soft voice sounded melodious in the man’s ear. He had been waiting all this time to hear her voice. His smirk replaced by a grin.

 

He still remembered the 1st time he saw her in that auction, the place where those slaves were sold. She was still as beautiful as that day. Her long black silky hair hanging loosely, stopped by her waist. Her fair skin was shining in the dim light. Her brown eyes brought him a warm aura, something that was not familiar in his life. Her long eyelashes completed her beauty. Not to mention that pointed nose and her pink kissable lips. A faint reddish shade on her cheeks made her more attractive.  

 

He approached the girl slowly, stopping a few feet in front of her. His hand reached for the girl’s chin, making her facing him. His sudden move startled the girl, but she could not do anything. His gaze was intimidating, as if it could control her around.

 

“Who’s your name?” he whispered seductively. That grin hadn’t left his face.

 

“Hye Yeon.”

 

“Nice.” He could not help but grinned even more. His cold thumb trailed along Hye Yeon’s smooth cheek, then brushing against her soft lips. She could felt the man’s face approaching her. She quickly shut her eyes closed.

 

“Call me The Lord.” He whispered on Hye Yeon’s ear then walked away, leaving her froze there.

 

“Follow me.” The man’s word brought Hye Yeon back to earth. She quickly turned around.

 

“Y-yes. My Lord.” She quickly trailed behind her new master, no, her new lord.

 

---

 

Several days in this castle were long enough for Hye Yeon to realize something unusual with her master. He might look like a human and acted like one, but he sure was different. He was living alone in this big castle. He would leave this castle twice a week on midnight. And he would come back in the dawn. And the strangest thing was he never ate. The only one that he consumed was those crimson liquid, which was wine, according to what he told her. But Hye Yeon was more than sure, it was not wine. It reminded her of blood.

 

Hye Yeon never imagined that her days being a slave would be like this. Her master never asked her to do the works that a slave supposed to do. Instead, she was more like a companion for her master. All her tasks were accompanying her master every time and every where her master told her. Slowly, she could understand her master’s feeling. Living alone in this huge castle, it’s not something weird for him to look for a friend. But yet, there’s a question in her mind. Why did he choose her?

 

---

 

“My Lord.” Hye Yeon spoke up one day. They were in the library, the place where they met at the 1st time. Since then, it had been like their private place together.

 

“What’s it?” He asked without taking his eyes from his book.

 

“What are you exactly?” Hye Yeon blurted her question out. Her master stopped reading. He closed his book and looked at her. A smile slowly formed in his lips, not a smirk, but a warm smile.

 

“Do you really want to know?” he looked into her eyes. Hye Yeon just nodded as a reply.

 

“Vampire.” A short but clear answer came out from his mouth. He was expecting a horror expression from Hye Yeon, but instead, he got an ‘Oh’ from her. Hewasquite surprised.

 

“You don’t scare?” he looked at her teasingly. Hye Yeon flashed hima small smile while shaking her head.

 

“Why must I scare?” Hye Yeon asked back.

 

“I’m Vampire, blood-er.”

 

“So?”

 

“I kill human.” He never met someone who could act this calm in front of a Vampire before.

 

“Human kills their kind too.” She stated matter-of-factly. She looked away and stared blankly ahead. She was still remembered clearly how those heart-less humans killed her mother in front of her eyes. She had cried over that incident for years, cried until her tears dried down, cried until she could not shed another drop of tears anymore. But yet, her heart never stopped to cry.

 

“Sometimes, they even crueler than a Vampire.” She said then let out a bitter chuckle. Her master slightly softened. There was a silence, until her master’s laugh broke it.

 

“This world is unpredictable, isn’t it?” Hye Yeon looked at him, just to welcome by another warm smile. She couldn’t help but smiledalong.

 

“You should smile more.” She suddenly spoke up. Her master tensed up at first, but suddenly cracked in to laughter.

 

“I will smile as long as you stay with me.” Hye Yeon was stunned by her master’s statement. A reddish shade formed on her face. His master let out another round of laughter. Feeling embarrass, Hye Yeon bowed her head down.

 

He reached for Hye Yeon’s chin, moved her head up, and made her facing him. Seeing Hye Yeon avoided his gaze, he spoke up.

 

“Hye Yeon-ah… Look at me.” As if being controlled, Hye Yeon did as she told to.

 

“Yes, My Lord.” She looked into his eyes, those intimating gaze was now warmer, those lonely stare was now brighter. She saw her master shook his head.

 

“No, call me Yun Soo.”

 

“But-“ Her word was cut by his master’s glare. “Yun Soo-ah.”

 

Yun Soo’ssmile widened, revealing his pearl-white teeth. His gaze landed on Hye Yeon’s lips, those pink kissable lips that he had been yearning to taste. Without waiting for another second, he brushed his lips on hers. Hye Yeon’s was startled at first, but soon she closed her eyes and kissed him back. The kiss was felt so right, as if they were meant to happen.

 

After a while, they broke apart. Yun Soo put his forehead on hers and stared deeply in her eyes.

 

“Why me?” Hye Yeon had been dying to know the answer all this time. Why did he choose her, a weak human girl? And there would be not a better chance to ask,other than this time.

 

“Because I love you.” He did not believe those words came out from his own mouth. But yet, it just felt right. He saw Hye Yeon’s lips slowly pursed into smile.

 

“So do I.”

 


 

Here’s another update for today.. ^^

Hope you guys like it..

Sorry, if it’s kinda boring.. ==v

 

And guys, tell me what do you think about this chapter..

Is it ok? Or Bad? Or hopeless? ==’

Leave me a comment..

 

Thanks a lot for the comments and supports guys..

So much <33333 4 ya~~ ^^

 

©Dhee14, 08.23.2011