Chapter 19 - Another Story

CHECKMATE

Another Story

 

*Hye Soon POV*

 

I ran to my bedroom, closing the door and leaning on it. I was panting and breathing hard. Gosh, that was close. I couldn’t imagine what would happen if I did not get out from the Castle as soon as possible. This was not a right time to face Yunho’s appa. Not with that kind of aura. His aura was so strong, so powerful, so scary and intimidating, even in a long distance. It was totally different from Yunho’s.

 

I sighed hard and made my way to my bed. As soon as I sat down, I heard a knock on the door.

 

“Come in.” I said. The door opened and Hye Rin unnie stepped in.

 

“Where did you go? I’ve been seeking you for hours.” She said seriously.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked her. She seemed kinda worried.

 

“The elders want to talk with you.” She said. My eyes widened. The elders? Want to talk with me? This was rare.

 

“Where’re them?” I stood up.

 

“In the meeting room.” She replied.

 

“Araso.” I composed my self and took a deep breath, seemed that I knew the matter. I must face them sooner or later. I walked out from my bed room, Hye Rin unnie followed me behind. I made my way to the meeting room down stair. I opened the door, to find 5 old women waiting for me. Not an ordinary old woman, but the elder. The senior slayer who full of experiences. The respected slayer. And yeah, they seemed unhappy. I cleared my throat and stepped in.

 

I bowed down took a seat at the end of the long meeting table. Hye Rin unnie took another seat beside me. I could feel all of their piercing eyes on me, and boy, it was really uncomfortable.

 

“So, what matter are we going to discuss about?” I opened the conversation.

 

“I’m sure you know the matter.” The first elder spoke up. They did not take their eyes away from me.

 

“The vampire had been killing a lot of our slayers lately.” The second spoke up too.

 

“And I’m sure you don’t forget your mission, do you?” the third elder spoke up this time.

 

“No. Of course not.” I convinced them.

 

“Good, do your mission and fulfill your promise towards your mother.” The fourth told me.

 

“We want the news that Jung Yunho, the pure blood, is slain as soon as possible.” The fifth ended the conversation. They stood up and made their way out. I was still sat there.

 

I sighed, the fact that I must killed Yunho was felt really hard for me. This was the hardest mission I ever had. Usually, I’ll more than glad to slay the vampire, but this time, I felt hesitant. This mission felt so wrong.

 

“What’re you thinking about?” Hye Rin unnie wake me up from my daze.

 

“N-nothing.” I faked a smile.

 

“Really? You seemed bother.” She held my hand and squeezed it. I looked at her.

 

“I-I’m just tired.” I sighed. We stayed silent for a while until I called her.

 

“Unnie.”

 

“Nae.” She answered.

 

“Do you know… the lord?” I asked her.

 

“Of course. Every slayer knowshim. Why?”

 

“Do you know what his relationship with the founderis?” that question just came out from my mouth. I heard unnie gasped. She must be so startled hearing my question.

 

“W-What make you asking?” she stuttered.

 

“Just curious. So, do you know?” I saw her hesitant a while. But then, she nodded. My eyes widened. She knew. Really?

 

“T-they were lover.” I gasped. My eyes widened even more, if it was possible.

 

“W-what?” I stuttered. I felt a sudden rush of blood in my spine and my heart was pounding hard.

 

“They were lover.” She repeated it again.

 

“H-how come?” I asked in disbelief. It’s not that I did not expect this before. I knew there must be something special between them, considering their closeness in the painting. But, hearing the truth from Unnie was something different.

“Well, at first, the founder was sold in an auction and that Vampire bought her. Apparently, the founder became his maid and they lived together. And then…” she stopped and took a deep breath.

 

“They fell in love.” She continued.

 

“So, what happened?” I was getting more curious.

 

“The love between human and Vampire is forbidden.” She said again. My heart ached due to the word ‘forbidden’. I felt dizzy, I closed my eyes. And then, another slide played in my mind. A tall and slender figure, a smirk, a manly and charismatic voice. My eyes shot up and those scenes faded away. I ran my fingers through my hair and kept my head low.

 

“Are you okay?” unnie patted my back.

 

“Y-yeah, I’m okay. W-what happened next?” I heard her heaved a sigh again.

 

“That Vampire dumped her.” My head shot up. I felt my breath caught in my throat.

 

“He kicked her out from his castle. The founder was so hurt and they became enemy after that. And in the end…” she stopped. I looked at her, waiting for the next sentence.

 

“They killed each other.” She finished. I stiffed. I tried to digest the last sentence. They killed each other? Oh my God…

 

“That’s why we slay Vampire. They’re cruel, demon. They deserve a death. And you’re the only one who can end their life.” She said again.

 

“H-How can you know all of this?” I couldn’t help but ask.

 

“Umma told me.” she said.

 

“What? Why did she never tell me?” I stood up. I was angry, all this time, they kept this secret from me. I was a Slayer too, I was a Pure Blood. I deserved to know.

 

“Calm down.” She tried to explain. “Umma did not want to add your burden with this fact. She wanted you to focus on your mission.” I ran my fingers through my hair once again.

 

“I-I want to be alone.” I said and walked out from the meeting room. I headed to my bedroom, closed the door and locked it. I really need to sort out my mind. My head was aching so bad, my tears kept flowing.

 

So, that was what going on. Pssh~ Vampire, I knew that they were not more than some gross blood er. I knew that already. I was so stupid to accepted Yunho’s deal. Vampire was untrustworthy.

 

I swore, I swore I would accomplish my mission as soon as possible. I swore I would kill Jung Yunho as soon as possible.

 


 

here’s another chapter for u guys… hehe~

enjoy~~  <33

 

©Dhee14, 08.22.2011