Chapter 10 - Full Moon

CHECKMATE

Full Moon

 

*Hye Soon POV*

 

I could feel we were falling. Everything was happened so fast and all I knew was, BUCK!

 

We were on the floor.

 

We landed quite hard, fortunately I was on top of Yunho. If not, I’m sure I would not be in a good shape anymore. And fortunately again, Yunho was a Vampire. If not he would not be in a good shape too.

 

“Yah! Could you please get off of me?” I heard Yunho groaned. Aish! Like I enjoyed being on top of him too. That was the last thing I wanted to experience. I quickly sat up and I started to look around. It was dark, there was not a single light here. I started to search for something in my pocket. Found it, I took out my cell phone and then I turned it on. Now I could see the surrounding. Not really clear though. And then my attention was turned to Yunho.

 

He was sitting at the floor too, rubbing his upper arm. His face was showing pain. Was he feeling hurt? I thought that Vampire could not get hurt this easy?

 

“Are you okay?” I asked him. Well, who know this was my chance to kill him. Yeah, sounded a little sneaky, attacking him while he was hurt. But, once again, who know?

 

“Yeah, I’m okay.” He said, although his voice did not sound okay to me. “Stupid full moon.” He mumbled silently.

 

Wait, full moon?So, that’s why. I got it now. Vampire lost their power every time there was a full moon. They became like human. Weak. And their fangs vanished too. They could not prey at full moon.

 

You might think that this was supposed to be the best chance to kill me. But no, you’re wrong. We, the slayer, were forbidden to slay at full moon. You asked why? I did not know why too. It was the rule made by The Founder. Too bad, I have been so close to him and yet, I couldn’t kill him.

 

“What’re you thinking about?” his question brought me back to reality.

 

“E-Eh? Oh- it- well, nothing.” Heck, why did I become nervous?

 

“Aish! Don’t just sit there. Let’s search for the way out.” He scolded. Gosh, he might havelost his power, but he was still impatient. But yeah, Yunho’s right, we must found our way out. He stood up, and so did I. We began to wander around, using my cell phone as the light. And suddenly, he stopped, made me bumped to his back.

 

“Aish! Don’tstop walkingsuddenly like that!” I snapped him but he ignored me. He then grabbed something from the wood table, I guess. And then, there was another light. So, he found a lamp. The lamp quite helped us with the darkness. Now, I could see my surrounding.

 

It was like another library, but a smaller one. There’re a lot of books everywhere. There were dusty. This place looked like some old unorganized library. Yunho started to walked again, I followed behind him.

 

“Where are we?” I asked him.

 

“I have no idea.” He said and kept walking.

 

“Yah! So, you want to saythat you get lost in your own house?” I . And still, he ignored me. I glanced at his face, he looked serious. His eyes wandered around, researching the surrounding. For a split second, he looked like a human. He looked just the same as another man. But then again, he was a Vampire, the Pure Blood, no objection.

 

“Yah! Don’t ignore me! Just admit it that you get lost in your own-“ I wanted to again, but suddenly he stopped. I bumped to his back. Again. Aish! This man.

 

“Yah! I said don’t sto-“ I was going to snapped him when I saw something on the wall. Something that made me froze.

 

It was a painting, hanging at the wall above the fireplace. Not just a painting, but a very gorgeous painting. But it was not the beautifulness of the painting that stunned me. It was the couple in the painting. Thepainting showed us a young lady sitting at a chair and a young man standing behind her. His hands were on her shoulder. They looked happy and harmonious together. And they looked exactly like me… me and… Yunho.

 

 


 

 

*Yunho POV*

 

I was looking around while holding a lamp. Jeez, why must the full moon appear tonight? I might have found the way out if I have my power now. Argh! I felt so weak, I felt useless. And Hye Soon’s teasing did not help at all.

 

While I continued wandering, something caught my attention. I was startled. I stopped walking and stood there, dumbfounded. I felt Hye Soon bumped into me.

 

“Yah! I said don’t sto-“ and then she stopped. She must have seenthe painting too. I’m sure she was as shocked as me. Guess what?! It was a painting of me… and Hye Soon.

 

“W-What’s t-this?” she stuttered, too shocked to speak I guess. I couldn’t blame her, I felt the same too. Seeing a painting of me and a human girl in a secret room in my own Castle which I never thought have one, at a full moon when I lost my power. What did you expected me to feel? It was darn scary.

 

“W-who’re them?” she said again.

 

“I-I don’t know. They lookslike…” I couldn’t finish my sentence. This was unbelievable. And then my eyes caught something at the bottom corner of the painting. It was a sentence. I approached it to get a better view.

 

“Jung Yun Soo.” I read it. And then I remembered something. No way! Jung Yun Soo. It was my grandfather’s name. The 1st Vampire.

 

“G-grandpa?” I blurted out. So, this was my grandfather’s painting?

 

“What? Grandpa?” Hye Soon said, half yelled. “You mean-“

 

“My beloved, Kim Hye Yeon.” I read another sentences at the other corner of the painting. Kim Hye Yeon? Who’s that? The girl in the painting? What’s her relationship with grandpa?

 

“The F-Founder.” Hye Soon suddenly blurted.

 

“What founder?” I asked her. And then I remembered. The Founder. The 1st Slayer. Kim Hye Yeon. I gasped and turned to her.

 

She turned to me too. Our eyes met. She seemed so shocked. And I bet I did too.

 

“You- You’re Slayer?”

 


 

here’s another update… ^^

please enjoy~ and please comment… =]

I need motivation.. kkkkk

 

thx 4 the comments guys.. <3 ya~

 

 

©Dhee14, 08.18.2011