Chapter 7

A LITTLE FALL OF RAIN

Jaejoong told Hyun Ae that she would be a part of his staff already. She will not be working as a debt collector but someone who will do errands for him. That means, she will do whatever Jaejoong told her to.

She’s a bit worried of that kind of job. It is too vague. There are so many things that he might tell her to do. But she promised herself that she will do everything that should be done just to gain his trust.

It was the first day of her work as one of Jaejoong’s staff. She was at his office early in the morning to impress him. She didn’t know that Jaejoong, being a member of a boy band like DBSK, is busy for the whole day and only gives instruction per phone. One of his staff told her that it has been like that for years already since Jaejoong debuted as an artist.

She was frustrated hearing it.

How could she get near him?
How could she kill him since she can’t even touch him?!

She sighed.
What should be done? She asked herself.
She doesn’t even know where he really lives. All she knows is that he’s living on the apartment together with s.

Think Hyun Ae! Think!

She will plan this well, she said to herself.

She was sitting there for 3 hours already doing nothing.
There were like 5 people in his office sitting in front of their PC’s (2 women and 3 men), walking around with papers and stuffs. 2 men are at the door, they are the guards.
She wanted to help the other staff on their work but those people don’t allow her to.

What the! I’m supposed to be taught here of what should be done!
Not just sit here all day!

She said to herself so annoyed.

She doesn’t know why Jaejoong wants her to be one of his staff if the job is just like this.
She meant the paper work and alike.
She’s used to kick people’s to give make them pay their debts. She’s literally good at it.
Now she’s not sure why she was placed in an office.

Could not able to control her temper, she then went to one of the staffs and asked him how to contact Jaejoong.
Instead of telling her how to contact Jaejoong, the staff said that they were not allowed to contact him if it’s not important.
He makes the call, and not the staff.

Damn that Orion! He’s playing hard to get eh?
He must be shaking in fear if he knows that I’m after killing him.


She went back on her seat.

Cool down Hyun Ae… Breathe… Just breathe…

She was really pissed of but she has to control her temper.

She was startled when the door suddenly opened revealing Jaejoong.

All the staff then stood up and bowed to him. Seeing them doing that made her get up on her feet and do the same.

The staff then asked him,

“Sir, I thought you are not coming today?”

Jaejoong gazed at him with a sharp look.

“Who are you to question me like that?”

She gulped hearing him.
He’s so rough with his staff. He wasn’t like that the previous night.

But she’s not surprised. He could even kill her father. Those words were just nothing.

She kept her head down when he passed by her going to his desk.
He picked up something on the drawer and then placed it on his pocket.

“Nyx! Come with me.” He said when he was heading out of the door.

Instead of being intimidated by his strong personality, she was happy now that she’s with him. Her plans can go well now if this will continue.

She’s thinking of what would Jaejoong wants her to do.
If he wanted her to kill someone or what.

She saw him getting into his car as she stood still looking at him.

“What are you waiting for? Come inside.” He said to her.

She was surprised when she saw him smile.
He was totally different with the way he talked just a minute ago with the staff.

She then opened the door beside the driver’s seat when Jaejoong started talking again.

“Nyx. Don’t sit there. Sit beside me here.”

Though surprised at him again, she has no choice but to follow him.

The car then went off as she went inside the car.

Jaejoong took something from his wallet and handed it to her.

They were card keys.

What does this mean? She thought again.

Jaejoong then spoke.

“This is the car key of my apartment. I want you to clean it for me. And when I arrive later tonight I want you done with cooking dinner.”

She was speechless!

What the hell does he mean by that?
It’s far too different with her job before.
Why is he doing this?


All those words never came out from .
All she heard from her is her answer “YES SIR”.

Damn it! Do I really have to do this? Clean his apartment?

They finally arrived Jaejoong’s apartment.
She tried the card keys Jaejoong gave her and it opened.

My goodness! He’s not joking at all!

She saw his apartment like a ‘dumpsite’.
It should be a pretty place to live but it seems like he’s forgotten it already.

“I’m a meticulous man. Many people know that. But I was too busy with work and I haven’t gotten any time to maintain this apartment. I haven’t visited this for months now.”
She thought of asking him again. But she kept her words. She thinks that Jaejoong doesn’t like to be asked with personal matters. Anyone doesn’t like it. And she wanted to please him.

“Ok Sir, I’ll do what you say.” She said and bowed to him.

“Thank you.” He said and soon left.

She looked around the apartment.
She knew if it will be just thoroughly cleaned, it will definitely be a nice place to live.

She started cleaning the house still thinking why did he ask her to do such?

He’s really unbelievable. I’m more than a housekeeper!
I could even detonate a bomb! Yet he just made me clean his apartment?
What the hell is he thinking?


After two hours of cleaning she rested for a while.
The kitchen part of the apartment was the only place not yet cleaned.

And yeah, she has to do the grocery too so that she could start cooking.

She was all sweating and tired after almost half a day cleaning and later cooking.

She wanted to hit Jaejoong for treating her like a servant.

She went into Jaejoong’s room and looked around. She tried to search for something that would help her make her plan work well. She was opening drawers and cabinets. But she couldn’t find any.

He’s really good in keeping secrets. She said to herself.

She lied on the bed trying to relax. She’s so tired and she wanted to rest for a bit.

She then heard someone opening the door of the room. She quickly stood up thinking it’s Jaejoong.
She looked at the door, there was nobody there.
She rubbed her eyes, she knew she heard something.

Suddenly she heard another door opened and closed.

She was so surprise to see who just went out form the shower.
It was Jaejoong HALF !!!

She looked at him from head to toe.
It wasn’t right but it’s as if she was the one who’s embarrassed by looking at him.
“Why are you blushing?” Said Jaejoong with his ever y voice.
“No Sir, I’m not.” She directly said looking away from him. Although denying she could feel her cheeks warming.

He has the best abs she had ever seen.
So perfect.
And his hair is still wet from shower.

Why the hell is he so good looking? She said to herself.

“Uh, I … I have to go now.” She said feeling the awkwardness of his seeing his almost body.

“Why so sudden? You are resting there. Just don’t mind me.” Jaejoong said getting near her.
“Ermm.. I really have to go.” She said stepping backwards.
“Did I make you so tired for cleaning my apartment? I’m so sorry.” He said again as he is getting nearer her.

She stepped back for few more steps but the bed was just behind her making her fall behind the mattress.

“Aw!” She exclaimed.
She fell with no pain because it’s all cushion, it was more because of her surprise.

“A.. Are you ok?” Said Jaejoong now close to her.

He leaned at her with just few inches away from her body.

She felt the tension building up in her mind.

“Wha.. What are you doing?”

“I knew you are beautiful, but I never knew you’re more beautiful with a closer look.”

She felt blushing again.

She then noticed Jaejoong’s face closer to hers.

He knew what he wanted to do!!!

She immediately raised her right hand and slapped him.

“Aw!!! What’s that for?”

“You e!”
“What?”

She opened her eyes. And saw Jaejoong holding his left cheek and with a surprised face.
She looked at him closely, he wasn’t at all. And his hair is not wet.

Is she just … DREAMING?

She looked at Jaejoong again.
His eyes were wondering. It seems like he had so many questions in mind.

What the heck have I just done? I just slapped Orion?
What the hell am I thinking...? I mean... DREAMING!


“Nyx, know what? No one ever slapped me before. No one dared.”
She swallowed hearing him.

What’s that dream for? Now I’m getting in trouble!