Chapter 2

A LITTLE FALL OF RAIN

Hyun Ae changed her clothes and wore a leather jeans and a black jacket. It’s her favorite suit every time she has to go to these kinds of transactions.

Nyx..

She smiled. It was her alias. The name she chose she wanted to be known.

She then drove her car heading to the place the person talked about awhile ago. It wasn’t like the abandoned building it’s was just something ordinary - an ordinary building with a small door at the front.

She went off the car. She looked around, making sure she entered the building without someone noticing her.

She opened the door. Once she was inside, two large sized men went near her and seem like studying her.

She wasn’t at all bothered by the way they looked at her. She basically knows how to pass between these seemed like beast people.

“What do you want?” One of the guys asked her.
She smiled sarcastically at them.
“I’m here to see the Virgo.”
The two men looked at her from head to toe.
“Who are you then?”
She breathed before she speaks.
These two men really don’t know me yet.

“I’m Nyx.” She said.

The two men then like the red sea, they separated and gave Hyun Ae the way.

Nyx. The greek goddess of the night.

She liked that. For two years she earned that name.

Nyx, which is actually Hyun Ae, then entered the next door behind the two guys. She could hear faint noise of music from the inside. As she opened the door she can see so many people gathered around and dancing to the music that came from the DJ playing music at the corner. Lights were on and off with different colors.

It was an underground bar. She knew only rich kids from known families are there to party. She made her way to the crowd. Passing by the drunk youngsters who didn’t care less of spending their parents’ money just for pleasure. Some were at the side, sniffing , smoking and drinking alcohol.

She looked at them.

Pitiful. She said to herself.

She doesn’t want to see young people becoming like that. She wanted to kick each kid in this bar to wake to reality. But she can’t. They are Virgo’s customers.

She then went to the end part of the bar. There was a stair going up to the second floor of the building. As she reaches the second floor she saw a glass door, tinted. And she knew, behind that door is Virgo- her only way to find Orion.

She opened the door. A guy was sitting behind a swivel chair. But before she could stand in front his desk, two men went into her way again.

The two men were no different like those who greeted her on her way in.

The two men didn’t talk. They were just standing there, studying her too.

“Let her through.” The guy sitting at the swivel chair said.

The guy then moved his chair making her see his face. He’s a man on his 50’s.

“What do you want?” She asked him directly.
“Nyx.. Nyx.. my dear. Can’t we just talk without always like in hurry?” He asked sarcastically.

She smirked.

“Give me the name, the photo whatsoever. Just let me do the job.” She said.

“Why are you in a hurry? I haven’t seen you for a week. Let’s talk for a while.”

“Shut up, Virgo! I’m not here for chit chatting with you.”

“Woah woah! Calm down dear. Ok I’ll give you what you want.”

He then pulled out a piece of envelope from his drawer and threw it on his table. She then took it and took out the photo inside there.

“That’s Mr. Kim Myungsoo. He wasn’t paying his debt on the organization and even took a large amount of money. If you can’t make him pay, kill him.”

“I know what to do.” She bluntly said.

“That’s what I like from you. You do job so well.”

“I know my job, Virgo. You don’t have to compliment.”

She then started moving out of the room when Virgo said something.

“Nyx! He took a large amount of money. If you can make him pay it, I’m sure the boss will be so happy. He heard a lot about you. If you did this job well, you might be invited to the next gathering.”

BINGO! She said to herself. She’s been waiting to hear that. Finally she’ll meet Orion.

“I don’t care. I just want to be paid with the services I do for your organization.” She said.

It was a lie. Of course it is. She was there to know who Orion is. She wanted to hold his neck as he slowly loses his breath. Until he says sorry for all the pain he caused her. For all the misery she’s been through because of her father’s death.

She then left the building.

She’ll do this assignment well. It’s her chance to see him finally. To make him pay for all he did.

She then remembered what Ho Dong said before he died. He said it was Orion who did it.
She didn’t know who Orion is then. She never had an idea.

Until she did some research. Until she let herself be the bait.

All her research led her to Virgo. One of Orion’s men. Holding a big role on Orion’s underground business.

She perfected her martial arts skills. She studied fencing, throwing knives, kickboxing, studied the kinds of guns and how to use them. She made herself a weapon. And that weapon will finish Orion, she thought.

There’s so much anger inside her that made her forget who she used to be. Formerly, she was just a sweet daddy’s girl who loves pink, buying clothes, goes to school, and studies hard. She can’t even imagine herself hurting people. But now, with all the change she went through, wounding others is so easy to her.

She approached Virgo personally. She asked him to give her a job. It was her only way to get into their group.

Hyun Ae showed her skills. She fought one of Virgo’s men to prove she could do what a man could do. She said she’s doing it for money just to make it something reasonable.

She knocked down Virgo’s man. It was easy for her. Just as easy on how she went into their group thereafter.

Virgo started giving her assignments. She became a collector of those who had debts on the organization. She did her job well. Until tonight, when Virgo already gave her a hint about meeting the organization’s boss – Orion.

At last, after all she went through, she could smell revenge.

The next day, she found herself standing in front of the office of Kim Myungsoo, trying to make him pay his debt. Also, trying to make her way near Orion.