Chapter 1

A LITTLE FALL OF RAIN

 

Run, Hyun Ae! Run!

Hyun Ae’s sweat is dripping down her forehead. Her skin is cold and sweating too. Her heart is pounding so fast and she felt it’s like coming out of her chest.

As soon as she received their butler’s call, she drove fast to their mansion. She couldn’t believe what she heard from him over the phone awhile ago. She just arrived from her 5 years study in
London and she’s still at the airport. Ho Dong, their butler knew she’s coming home.

“Miss Hyun Ae, this is Ho Dong.”
“Yes? What’s wrong? Why did you call?”
Hyun Ae could notice Ho Dong catching his breath even on the phone. He was like whispering as he is talking. She’s really wondering what’s going on.
“Ho Dong ssi? What’s going on?”
“Miss Hyun Ae! A man came to the mansion and started shooting each of the household that gets in his way. He killed all the guards and he’s looking for your father.”
She holds her breath as she was listening to him.
“Miss Hyun Ae. Please don’t come home for now. Please I’m begging you. I called the police already. Please Miss Hyun Ae. It’s not safe. He’s still here.”
“But Ho Dong ssi!”
Suddenly she heard a gunshot over the phone.
She was trembling and she just knew what happened.
“Ho Dong ssi!!!! Ho Dong ssi!!!”

Ho Dong’s voice was gone. She then heard a beep and she knew the line was dead.
She started crying. She doesn’t know what’s happening. Why that someone killed their household members. And Ho Dong ssi… Their most loyal butler.

More than that... her father.

What do that criminal wants from her father?
And how’s her father?

She wasn’t scared. She can’t take Ho Dong’s advice. She knows it’s dangerous but she wanted to know. She wanted to see her father.

No one opened the gate for her so she stepped out of her car ran as fast as possible to reach their house. They were one of the richest in their city. They have the biggest wine industry. They do exports and their products were high quality. Her father was one of the most principled men she knows. How come someone wants him like this? Could it be just about money?

As she opened the big door of their mansion, she saw two guards lying on the floor. Blood is everywhere. At the corner she saw Ho Dong lying too.
She ran to him and cuddled him on her arms.

“Ho Dong ssi! Ho Dong ssi!”

Ho Dong opened his eyes weakly. He was bleeding at his back. She tried to press the bleeding wound with her jacket so to help him not lose so much blood.

“Ho Dong ssi. What happened?”
“Miss Hyun Ae… It was… it was...the O.. Orion ” Ho Dong then closed his eyes. He wasn’t able to talk more.

“Ho Dong ssi! Ho Dong ssi!”
She cried out loud. Ho Dong was lifeless as she placed him slowly on the floor.

She then remembered her father.

“Abeoji.. Appa.. Appa! My God Appa. Where are you?”

She ran to his father’s room. It was neat. And no one’s there.
Now she’s getting really tensed.

“Appa! Appa! Where are you?”

She went to their library where her father’s office is.
As she stood on the door, she felt so scared. She slowly opens it.

She saw her father on the floor.

She ran to him and held him in her arms.
“Appa! Appa! Appa, wake up! Appa!”

Like she was scared of, her father is lifeless. His eye glasses were crushed beside him.
She was crying hard. She felt like she’s going crazy.

Her only family, his father was murdered.

She closed her eyes screamed on top of her lungs. She felt so weak but she’s not afraid even if the murderer is still around. She’s not afraid to die.

She opened her eyes again. It was dark. The only light that kept the room illuminated was the lampshade beside her.

It was a dream. No, she said to herself. It was a nightmare.

She stood up and walked to the fridge which is just a few steps away from her bed. She took out a bottle of water and drank from it.

She always has that nightmare for two years now. It’s the same dream that wakes her up night and makes her sleepless afterwards.

And that dream. It wasn’t really a simple dream. It was real. It happened to her.

Her father was the best dad. He sent her to the best school. He gave her all she needed.
He travels to
London and stayed with her there for a week every month just to be with her, his daughter. She never felt dull moments when she’s with his Appa. Although her mom died when she was very young, she didn’t felt very unfortunate because her father took good care of her. All her life it was always his father and her.

But they killed him.

She dried her tears.
“I swear, I’ll kill whoever did this to you Appa. I swear!”

She walked towards the terrace of her condo unit. She left their mansion and lived quietly in a condo unit. She’s been searching for her father’s murderer. She spent a lot to pay investigators to find who killed him but they can’t just tell her. She felt so much anger inside that she decided to find him for herself.

The only way to mend what she feels is to find who killed her father.

Her cellphone suddenly rang and she went in to answer it.

“Yoboseyo?” She said.
“Nyx?” the voice of a man called her.
“Ne..”
“See you after 30 minutes. Same place.”
“Copy.” She then turned off her phone.


“ORION… You’ll fell into my hands one day. I swear.”