Chapter 4

A LITTLE FALL OF RAIN

She’s tongue tied. The man just spoke to her. He has a deep voice. Just right to be called a man already.

Donghae. It was his name.

She then realized he was someone familiar. It seems like she saw him from somewhere. She just didn’t know where. And his name. It was so familiar too.

She was thinking a lot and she didn’t realize that he’s staring at her. Those beautiful pair of eyes is looking at her.

She can’t stand looking at those eyes so she looked away and spoke.

“Hyun Ae. I’m Park Hyun Ae.”

She just said her real name.
It’s been so long that she hasn’t used it.
She has no friends to call her that name because she’s been away for years.
She hasn’t seen her relatives for so long too.
She’s been busy plotting revenge. No time for friendship.
She’s been known as Nyx in the organization. The ruthless one.

Now she’s surprised with her own self.

Maybe because Nyx is a dirty name already. It’s paired up with violence. While Hyun Ae was kept pure.

And this man, his kindness deserves a little bit of the good side of her. The one she’s been keeping for so long.

“Hyun Ae. It sounds so beautiful. Just like you.”

She blushed. Thank God it’s already dark that he can’t see it on her face.

She hasn’t received a compliment like that. Although she dressed up ily on her missions and get noticed by men, this one seemed affected her most.

Damn it Nyx! Men are the same. He’s no different! She kept telling herself. But her heart doesn’t believe her either.

“Hyun Ae, I’m Donghae. Lee Donghae. We’re friends now ok?”

She smiled as her reply.

“How old are you then?” She started asking.

“23.” He answered. “And you?”
“I’m 22.”
“So I’m Oppa right?”

She just smiled again. She doesn’t know what else to say.
She never called anyone Oppa.
At her school abroad, of course it wasn’t used.
He has no brother too.
It sounded so awkward to her.

“Oppa?”
“Yes, Oppa. Call me that from now on okay?”
“Isn’t this too fast? I don’t even know you that well.” Now her defensive self is coming out again, she noticed.

Donghae laughed lightly.

She noticed his eyes so cute when he laughs. And she liked it.

She shook herself.

“Too fast? Doesn’t the man who saved your life deserve being called Oppa?” He reasoned out.

She laughed back.

“Ok fine. Donghae Oppa.” The awkwardness started to lose. And she started liking it now. Maybe this man deserves her respect too.
And it’s right that she have some friends too. Friends who are nice. Just like Dongahe. Donghae Oppa.

“What are you doing on that kind of bar by the way?” he asked her.

Now he started asking questions. And now she knew she’ll be starting lying again.

“Uhm.. me? I’m just with a friend. She just introduced me with her friends there.”

What would she else say? That she’s a high level debt collector of an organization that deals with drugs. And that she’s hurting the debtors just to pay her so that she’ll please Orion, the one who killed her father?

She sighed thinking about it.

“Why? Are you not feeling well?” He asked after noticing her.

“Nope I’m fine. Maybe I’m just tired with the running and all. And yeah, how about you? Are you going there regularly?”

“Nope. I just came tonight. I had a friend who took me there too.”

She smiled at him.

He’s not like those kids she saw at the bar. Donghae seemed to have a good disposition in life.

But she’s still bothered. She knew she saw him already.

“I’m driving you home ok?” He said.

“I can manage. I’ll just go home by myself.”
“No. I’m driving you home. See those guys at the bar? There are more of them on the streets. I can’t let you just go home knowing that. So I’m driving you home.”

She likes his kindness. But whether his kindness is real or not, she knew he could defend herself.

Donghae then drove her home to her condo unit.
She thanked him in return.
Donghae then left.

He rested on her bed that night thinking of what happened to her.
She the TV and tried to make herself sleepy.

She was surprised with what she just saw.
It was… LEE DONGHAE. Dancing with the rest of Super Junior on a variety show.
She wanted to make sure if she’s not yet dreaming. But she knew she’s not.

What a heck! This man just saved me then awhile ago?

That was the first time someone showed her care and even defended her. And it was so unexpected that it was Lee Donghae. And he wanted to make her call him oppa? She just laughed with that idea.

It was really a night to remember for her.



________________________________________________
At Donghae’s Apartment.

Donghae lay on his bed that night. He smiled when he remembered Hyun Ae. He liked her innocence, her being so feminine. And he likes how he protected her. He closed his eyes thinking of Hyun Ae when he was disturbed by the ring of his phone.

He grabbed his phone just beside him and answered it.

“Yoboseyo?” He answered.
“Donghaeya!”
“Ye.”
“How was it?”
“I think I got her.”
“Really? That’s good!”
“I’m sorry for the bruises I gave you bro.”
“That’s nothing. We’re good actors as you can see.”
He chuckled.
“Yeah, I noticed that.”
Both of them laughed.
“What’s her name by the way?”
“Hyun Ae.”
“Beautiful, just like her.”
“Yeah, she’s really beautiful.”
“You know bro, you looked together.”

He laughed again.
The image of Hyun Ae flashed into his mind.

“I have to finish my business first before that bro.”
“Oh, so you have some plans set already for her then?”
“I just saw her talk to Virgo awhile ago. She’s just our way to find Nyx. Maybe Hyun Ae knew who Nyx is. By then I could kill her with my own hands.”

“I.. I’m sorry about Uncle Myungsoo bro.”
“Yeah, I know. And Nyx has to pay for that. Nyx will know how hard it is to lose a father.”
“You’re right bro. Just ask us again if you needed help.”
“Thanks again bro.”
“By the way, Chief wanted to see you. I think he’s giving you a new assignment.”
“Nah, it’s really tough being agents like us. I’ll report tomorrow. Thanks again bro.”
“Don’t mention it.”

The call ended.
Donghae is a secret agent of the Intelligence Department of Korean National Police. He’s been doing underground duties for the department. He kept this among s. Although he had his life in danger always, he loved still doing this job because it was something that makes him happy. Both performing and being an agent makes him happy.

Donghae clenched his fist thinking about his father’s death again.

“I’m gonna get you Nyx! I swear I’ll get you!”

__________________________________________

Hyun Ae wore her new black dress for the gathering.

It’s a low V cut neckline blouse with a wide collar. She paired it with black pants and high heels. Her curves are well defined with that dress.

She then had her hair all brushed up in a pony tail. She looked at her reflection on the mirror. She loved how she looks.

There’s no trace of violence in her look. Yet, she looks so sophisticated and elegant.

She smiled.
This night will be a memorable one.

She then got into her black Aston Martin Vanquish car.
Since her father’s death, she loved the color black. It reflects her emotions.
Besides, her name is Nyx now, the goddess of the night.
Just perfect!

She then heard her phone rang. It was Virgo.
“Where are you?”
“I’m coming.”
“He’s here already. He wanna see you!”

She smirked. Orion wanted to see her. He wanted to see who will end his life.
Isn’t that ridiculous?

I’ll get there in any minute.” She then hang up and drove her car.

After few minutes, she arrived at the hotel where Virgo said the gathering will be held.
As soon as she gave her keys to the valet, she walked into the hotel.

It was a high class hotel.
She’s wondering why Orion wanted to hold this kind of event in a hotel if this event is a discrete one.

She then made her way to the ballroom where the receptions told her.

Someone at the door opened for her. She then went in.

She noticed so many people around. They were dressed elegantly too. She looked around. She wanted to see Virgo. She’s itching to meet Orion already.

But then someone on the stage spoke. It looks like the emcee.
He introduced the performer of the night it. He didn’t mention the name of the performer. He just said they were the best of Asia.

Five men then went out. It was…. DBSK!
She was surprised by it.
It seems like this Orion has a lot to pay for an expensive group such as Dong Bang Shin Ki.

She watched them perform. She’s really not a fan. She has no time to neither watch concerts nor watch TV that much.

She just knew them since they are very famous.

She was awed by their performance. They just performed Mirotic.
And she must admit, they are so y when they dance.
All of them are outstanding, but the guy who had his suit all ed attracted her the most. He has the nicest abs she saw. 6 packs of well defines abs. Nice chest and a handsome face. He has a beautiful voice too.

She shook her head again. She went there for Orion. Not to drool on those men.
But as she was looking for Virgo, trying not to lay her eyes on the handsome member of DBSK, she couldn’t help but glance at him.

She scolded herself again.

After their dance, they introduced themselves.
“Hello, we’re DBSK.”
“I’m U-Know Yunho. DBSK’s leader.”
“Hi, I’m Max Chnagmin.”
“Hello, I’m Micky Yoochun.”
“I’m Xiah Junsu.”
“Hello, I’m Hero Jaejoong.”

So it’s Hero Jaejoong. She said. She didn’t know but she just found herself smiling.

After the performance, DBSK went off to the backstage while she went back to business, still looking for Virgo.

Someone then went near her. She realized it was one of Virgo’s men.
He whispered something to her.

“Nyx, this way.”

She then followed him. She’s so excited to meet Orion.
She’s really eager to kill him.

Virgo’s man, led her to a door still inside the ballroom. When it opened, she then saw Virgo smiling seeing her too. She also noticed other men in the room. She saw them once in a while at Virgo’s bar. They were Orion’s men too. Just like Virgo, they hold different businesses, all under Orion’s governance.

“At last you’re here!”
“Where is he?” She asked.
“We’ll just wait. Ok.”
“I thought he’s here already?”
“Yes he is but you weren’t still around then!”

They were like arguing when she heard someone talking behind her.

“So this is Nyx?” She heard him talk.
He has a familiar voice. It seems she just heard it awhile ago.

He noticed Virgo bowing to him. She smirked, she knew its Orion who’s behind her.
She slowly turned around to greet him.

But as she laid her eyes to the man, he was like falling to her knees when she realized who it was.

“HE… HERO JAEJOONG?”