Chapter 12

A LITTLE FALL OF RAIN

“Yoboseyo?”
“Yoboseyo, are you there already?” Jaejoong asked as he called her on the phone.
She smiled. He’s really falling into her trap.

“I’m almost there.”
“I’ll be there in a minute.”


It was her plan, to take Jaejoong to a place where she could do freely what she wanted.


She called him this morning and told him a lie about Virgo. She said Virgo is up to something that might put him down. She tried to persuade Jaejoong and even told him she has evidences.

You’re going down Orion. You’re going down.

She gathered all her strength for this night. It will be the culmination of all her sufferings, all her struggles. She will get the revenge she’s been crying for 2 years.

Mianhe Jaejoong ssi. I will eliminate you now before I could find a reason to let you live.
You fooled me by your charm. Now, I will not let myself be fooled again.
At last my work will be done.


But even how she tried to convince herself, she still can’t deny that little hesitation she’s feeling.

She reached the abandoned building first. She quickly prepared the gun she’s carrying and placed it inside her jacket.

After 5 minutes, Jaejoong arrived with his car. And like what she expected, he’s alone.
He must’ve trusted her so much that he didn’t bring any bodyguards.

Seeing Jaejoong heading towards the building, she then opened the door for him.

“So what are you gonna tell me?” said Jaejoong getting inside the building and walking passed by her.

He then took a seat and faced her.

“I want to tell you something.” She softly said, trying to hide her trembling voice.

“What’s that? What about Virgo?”

She breathed deeply.

Here we go…..

“It’s not really about Virgo.”
“Huh?”
“I mean he’s not the reason why I want you to come.”
“What do you mean?”
“It’s really about me.”
“I don’t get it, Nyx. Let it out ok.”

She smirked.

“What’s that smirk for?”

She laughed lightly. By that, she’s trying to make herself calm.
This will be the first time that she’ll be doing this.

“Orion. It’s your code name right?”
“Yes. What about it now?”
“Do you know about a murder incident in a mansion 2 years ago?”
“I... I don’t understand you. You’re talking in riddles Nyx.”
“That Mansion is owned by Park Family.”

She saw Jaejoong’s eyes widen in surprise. But that was just brief. It was gone after a second.

“And that name Orion. It was the filthiest name I’ve ever heard.”

“I see… I understand now.” Jaejoong said in a very calm voice.

“You do?” She sarcastically answered.


“Yes, HYUN AE. PARK HYUN AE.”

She was surprised with what he said. Is he that smart to quickly figure it all out in just a matter of seconds?

“So, you figured it out already.”
“Of course I do. How could I not know that? You are Mr. Park’s only daughter.”

Jaejoong stood up and crossed his arms on his chest.

“I know you. I know you even before you joined the organization. Even before you trained yourself for this kind of work and even when you were abroad.”

Instead of giving Jaejoong that surprise, it was her that was surprised more.
Now all he says makes her crazy.

He knew me even before? Before I went into their organization and even when I was abroad?

 

She doesn’t know what to say.

“You’re thinking of killing me right? You’re thinking I killed your father that’s why you wanted revenge. You hasten to learn how to use a gun so that you could soon pull a trigger and kill me? Am I right?”

How did he know all that?
She was stunned but she will not let herself be defeated by a surprise.

That’s it! It will be now or never! She said to herself.

She was so fast in pulling out the gun from her jacket.

“I don’t care that you knew it all along. What matters is that I’m doing this for my father!”


Jaejoong wasn’t surprised when he saw the gun aiming at him. He even laughed a bit looking at Nyx.

“Don’t mock me Jaejoong. You don’t know what I can do!” She said with her hands trembling holding the gun.

“I let Virgo have you in. It was because of me that you got into the organization. I told him to let you in. I want you to go grow. I want to know how far you can go. I even know that you used your own money to pay for those who can’t. And even let them set off. How kind of you.”

How… how did he know all these?

“I’m so surprised by your courage and determination. And I admired you with that. You really are something.”

Now he’s complimenting… What the hell is wrong with this man?
And what the hell is wrong with me?


“You knew all of those? Well I guess you might have as well expected this.”
But she tried to be strong for herself. She never put the gun down and be intimidated by him.

“Yes I do. And I’m thrilled that this day would come.”

Thrilled? Is he kidding me?

“Shoot me then. But tell me first, have you killed anyone already, Nyx? I don’t think so.”

She held the gun aiming still to him. There are so many things running into her mind.
Am I ready to kill?
If I’ll kill him, will it serve justice to my father’s death?
If I’ll kill him, will it make me happy?


She noticed Jaejoong getting closer and closer to her.

“Don’t come any closer or else!”

“Or else you’ll shoot me? Can you do that Nyx?”

She started to tear up. She can’t shoot him. She can’t kill a man.
Even how she hates Jaejoong, she can’t pull the trigger.
She can’t kill Jaejoong.

What’s with me? What’s wrong? I planned this and all but why can’t I do this?
I hate you! I hate you Jaejoong!


She was thinking of so many things and she didn’t realize Jaejoong almost near her.

And before she knew it Jaejoong grabbed her and turned her around.
She then heard a sound of a gunshot which echoed.

It was so sudden.

She felt her body numbed.
They were standing still.
Jaejoong arms were all over her body.

She was so confused with what just happened.

Did she?

Or did she not?

She suddenly felt scared. Scared that she had pulled the trigger on Jaejoong.

She felt Jaejoong’s weight rested on her body.

Everything was like in slow motion.
She can’t move.

She took out her hand holding the gun. It was between her and Jaejoong’s body.
She looked at the gun.

“Jaejoong ssi!” she screamed.
She then heard footsteps. She noticed a man wearing a mask and holding a gun and is running away. He was fast. In a split of a second, he was gone.

She threw the gun on the floor.

Jaejoong’s weight is getting heavier. She supported him with her arms embracing him all over too.

She noticed Jaejoong coughing a bit.
She thought she is grabbing him tightly that he can’t breathe.
And when she released him a bit, she felt her forearms wet with something.

She looked at her arms. There were wet with blood.
Her hands are shaking.

Jaejoong was hit!

She then remembered how Jaejoong turned her around before she heard the shot.
Jaejoong just SAVED HER!

Jaejoong gazed up to her. He cupped her face.
He has labored breathing. She also noticed tears in his eyes.
She quickly called an ambulance for help.

“… yes, you got the address right! Please come quickly! Please help us!!!!” She screamed over the phone.

“Hyun Ae, Hyun Aeya…”

Jaejoong then spoke. He was grasping for air. Still he tried.

“Hyun Ae…
I’ve been dying to call you by your name.
And I never knew it would be this good.
How I… I wanted to call you Hyun Ae and not Nyx.
And my God, you’re… you’re really beautiful.
I’ve never been… been this close to you like this before.
You’re no longer a… a photograph.
I’m so happy I finally met you.
You never know how long I’ve waited.
I know you don’t like me and even hate me with all of your heart, but still I would gladly risk my life for you.
Hyun Aeya… Sara…”

But before he could finish his words, Jaejoong closed his eyes.

“JAEJOONG! JAEJOONG!
Wake up you bastard! Why did you do that?!!!”

She screamed to him still in her arms and now lying on the floor.
She was trying to stop the gush of blood coming out of his body.

Jaejoong wake up!
Please wake up….. Why did you do that?