Chapter 3

A LITTLE FALL OF RAIN

Nyx chose to wear low neck cut blouse paired with a pencil cut skirt just quite higher above her knee. She put on a light make up and let her long black hair down then wore her black sunglasses.

y enough to trick whoever comes in her way, she thought.

Nyx found her way to Mr. Kim Myungsoo’s office. She found it hard to find his office. She did a lot of search just to find this man. A man with so many troubles is expected to be hiding. But she found him still.
Now she’s near her goal.

“Is Mr. Kim around?” She asked the man right in front of Mr. Kim’s office.
The man looked at her from head to toe and smirked.
“What do you want from him?” He asked.
“I have some important things to settle with him.”
“Specifically like what Miss…?” He sarcastically asked again.
“Nyx, just call me Nyx. Oh well, I can’t just tell you.” She smiled.
She went closer to the man and whispered to him. “It’s something you shouldn’t know.”

The man grinned. He then let her in.
“Thanks.” She said as she gave the man a sweet smile.

Stupid.

She walked through the door and entered the office.
A man on his 40’s is seated in front of his desk and seems so busy with his paper works.
When he noticed someone standing in front of him, he then gazed up and met her eyes.
“Who… Who are you?” He asked.
She noticed a sudden fear reflected on his eyes.
“Mr. Kim Myungsoo right?”
“How did you know me? And who the hell are you?”
“Just call me Nyx. Nice meeting you.” She smiled.
The man was indeed shocked as he heard her name.
“Ny.. Nyx? I’ve heard of you. … Orion sent you?” His voice is trembling.
“Yes. Actually Virgo did.”
She saw the man smiled bitterly.
“So... he’s serious in killing me.” He said in a sad tone.

Killing… she sighed after hearing him.

She never really killed a person all her life. She knows too well how to threat, how to hurt them to make them pay. But she never killed anyone. She could never do that.
There were several times she saved lives. She used her own money to bring to Virgo to make him think that the debtors have paid already. But they really didn’t. She let them leave the country. Making them promise that they will never be back.


“If you give back the money you stole, then I might spare your life.” She threatened.

She could notice him trembling in fear.

Suddenly the man yelled. He’s holding a gun and pointed it at Nyx.

Nyx laughed.
She looked at the gun. It was shaking because of Mr. Kim’s fear.

“You wouldn’t do that if I were you.” She said with a sarcastic smile.

“Wha... What do you mean?” Mr. Kim said still trembling.
“You don’t want an 11 year old child get kidnapped and killed right?”

Mr. Kim’s eyes widened.

“Please! Don’t do that! Don’t hurt my child!” Mr. Kim begged.

“Then put the gun down. Then give me the money so I would spare your life and of your dear daughter.”

“But I don’t have the money! I didn’t steal a thing. Not a single cent!”
“You don’t have to lie. Just give me the money and I’ll leave.” She said still in a low tone voice. She doesn’t like screaming. She wants everything done smoothly.

“How much did they say I owe him?”
“Three million.” She said.
“What? That’s way too much!!!! Is he crazy?”
“Yes, he’s a mad man. So give me the money now or you’ll regret it later.”
“Please, don’t do it! I only have a million here. I’ll give you the rest tomorrow.”

But she’s not dumb. This Mr. Kim is planning something.

“Ok then. If that’s what you want. I’ll come back here tomorrow.”
He quickly handed her the money.

“Aren’t you gonna count the money?” He asked when he saw Nyx placing it immediately in her bag.

“Should I count it?” She sarcastically replied.

“And before I forget. When you’re fully paid, I’d give you back your daughter.”

“What? You… you…”
The phone suddenly rang.

Mr. Kim answered it.

She saw his bewilderment. He then gazed at her with so much anger in his eyes.

“I hope you get the message.”

“You’re playing dirty Nyx!”

“No Mr. Kim. I’m dead serious here. If you want to see her alive, you know what to do! Don’t worry, she’s safe. That’s if you do your part.” She smiled at him before she left.

I’m finally gonna see Orion!

She then left and drove back to her condo unit.
When she opened the door, she saw Mr. Kim’s daughter still sleeping.

It was quite easy to get the child. She dozed her off with sleeping pills. And brought her to her apartment. That easy.

The girl woke up and noticed that she’s not in a familiar place.
“Hello!” Nyx said to her.
The girl looked at her and asked.
“Where am I?”
“Oh you dozed off awhile ago. I don’t know where you live so I brought you home.”

The girl stared at her.

“You didn’t kidnap me right?”

She was surprised on how the child thinks.

“Of course not!”
“It’s ok. I know this might happen to me. Dad told me already. He has done a lot of bad things. But please don’t hurt him. He’s a nice dad to us.” The child started to cry.

Nyx, though surprised still, smiled at her.

“Don’t worry, you’ll see him tomorrow.” She assured.

Like what has been agreed, she came back to Mr. Kim’s office the next day.

She brought the girl and left her at the car.

 

“Don’t go anywhere. And don’t think about escaping. You’re father will surely get hurt.”

 

The child just nodded and she then moved away from the car.

As she went up to the building, b with smile because she could smell that her goal is very near.


But before she could reach the office, she heard several gunshots. Like an impulse, she hid at the corner and waited what would happen next. She then saw two men going out of Mr. Kim’s office. She could understand what’s going on.

Mr. Kim seems to have so many problems with gangsters nowadays. She said to herself.

After seeing two men left, she rushed to see what happened inside. She then saw Mr. Kim unconscious and is bleeding. He’s still breathing. She then tried to put pressure on his wounds to reduce so much blood loss. She then called an ambulance for help. She applied first aid before she stood up to leave. She doesn’t want anyone to see her there.

But as she opened the door, he saw Mr. Kim’s assistant, the one who blocked her way yesterday.

“What are you doing here? What did you do to him?” The man screamed at her as he noticed Mr. Kim lying on the floor with blood.

“He’s not dead yet.” She told the man and then rushed outside the office.

She cursed as she went out of the building. Her plan was ruined. Now she has to use her money again to pay Virgo.

“Damn it!” She said.

She went bar to the car. The child is still sitting there waiting.

“You know how to get home right?” She asked the child.

“Yes.” The child said.

She then took few bills on her pocket and gave it to the child.

“Go home.” She gave the child more than enough to go home.

She doesn’t have any business with her anymore.

She then let the child get off the car.

Before she left she looked at the child.
“Hey, whatever they say. I swear, I didn’t do it.”

The child was so confused. But she still drove away and left.

That night she went back to Virgo and gave him what he wanted. She used her own money to pay Virgo. She’s been doing it for several times but she didn’t care.

 

Money doesn’t matter.

Seeing Orion does.

 

Virgo seemed to believe her story that the money was Mr. Kim’s payment to Orion. She sighed in relief after she was dismissed by Virgo without asking so many questions.

Few days passed. She’s excited. She just talked with Virgo and now it’s official that Orion wants to see her.

She’s walking out of Virgo’s bar when she’s thinking on what to do once she gets into Orion.

She is walking out of the bar when suddenly a man grabbed her behind.

“What the!” She yelled with anger.

When she turned around she saw a guy who looked drunk smiling at her.

“Hi Miss y!” The guy said to her as he reaches his fingers to her face.

Before the guy could touch her, she immediately pushed him and thus making the man lose his balance. The guy fell down and was laughing. She then gave the man a sharp look as she continued walking. But then before she could step any further, another two men held her arms and tried to stop her from walking away.


Now she completely lost her patience. She pulled her hand off. But the two men were strong. So she thought of another plan on how to get off them. But before she could kick the two men, someone suddenly grabbed the two men and hit them on their faces.
The man who helped her suddenly pulled her arms and took her out of the bar.


She didn’t know but the man who took her out. But she just realized she’s running away with him. They run faster when they realized that the 3 men where after them. The man who saved her tried to open his car when they reached the parking lot. She noticed that the 3 men are very close to them now so she already prepared herself for a fight.


She’s even excited to give them a punch especially the one who grabbed her . But even before she could throw a punch on those faces the man is already kicking the butts of the three guys. He easily knocked them down. And she could see that he’s really good. She noticed also that he’s good with taekwondo. The kicks he gave were just so perfect.

After putting those men on their knees, his savior suddenly pulled her to his car and drove off.


She still was shocked with what’s happening. It was the first time that someone fought for her. It was the first time that someone protected her. For a very long time, she’s fighting alone and defending herself by knocking her opponents down. But this man just did it for her.

She gazed at him. He’s young. Looks like just her age. He has strong arms and legs. But more than that, he has a handsome face. He could really get the name ‘Knight in shining armor’. She’s amazed by him.

She just realized that they were already far from the bar. She shook her head.

This is going crazy. Need to get off this car!

“Stop. Stop this car.” She said.
The man then stopped the car. He then looked at her.

“I’m sorry. I overreacted awhile ago. It’s just I don’t like seeing a beautiful woman get harassed by chauvinist pigs like them.” He seriously said.

“I’m so sorry again. By the way I’m DONGHAE. What’s your name?”