Chapter 6

A LITTLE FALL OF RAIN

The party just ended. Hyun Ae doesn’t have any problems on how to leave the hotel without being seen by Donghae. She knows too well how to escape with these simple situations. Her problem now is how to gain Orion’s trust more until she could carry out her plan of making Orion suffer until her asks her forgiveness. By then, she could finish him with her own hands.
________________________________________________________________
Donghae then woke up feeling so heavy again. He’s been experiencing this ever since his father’s death. His anger grows back again. And he’s mad at himself too, thinking that he hasn’t solved yet the case. It’s more than a week that it happened but it seems like he hasn’t accomplished any.
He looked at the photograph on his bedside table.
It was his picture with his father, Mr. Kim Myungsoo.

The truth is that he wasn’t a real son of the latter.
He calls him father because he’s really like a real father to him.
He was his real father’s bestfriend.
Mr. Myungsoo took care of him as soon as he arrived in Seoul.
He was the one who assisted him and acted as his parent while he’s away from home.
He helped him into the police force when he told him that it was his dream also.
He showed so much care for him.
And losing him that way put him into so much anger and frustration.

He felt tearing up again. But he stopped himself.
He should find Nyx first - the one who killed his father.
And his clue on finding Nyx is Hyun Ae.
He doesn’t want Hyun Ae to get into trouble or might get hurt because of this. But he had to take all the chances.

He tried to sleep again but he just can’t.
He took his phone and dialed the number he just memorized. He wasn’t that fond of remembering phone numbers because they’re all in the phonebook but he just realized how fast he tend to memorize this number that he asked from the information of a condominium building. Actually it wasn’t ethical to give away numbers of the residents of the building but by just using his charm, he was able to get it with no sweat.

*ring*

“Yoboseyo?”
“Yoboseyo?”
“Hyun Aeya?”
“Oh! Donghaeya. What made you call this early in the morning?”
He looked at the clock; it was 1 in the morning.

“I... I... missed you suddenly. You didn’t call me back when you said you will.”
Hyun Ae was silent for a bit.
“Hyun Ae?”
“Ye, I forgot to call. Mianhe.”
“That’s just ok! At least you picked up your phone even this early.”
“Of course I will.”
“Did I bother you?”
“Not really. It’s just fine.”

Donghae continued talking to her and Hyun Ae seemed happy too talking with him.
They were talking about their interest and so many more.
They were having fun talking and it seems like they don’t have any awkwardness when expressing their ideas. They laughed a lot with their conversations.
It was kind of weird for the both of them but simply just happened. They don’t either know why.
Everything was just a friendly talk.

“Hyun Ae…”
“What?”
“Go to your terrace.”
“Why?”
“Just go…”
“Ok then.”

She then stood up and went out to the terrace.”
When she looked down, she saw Donghae waving to her.

“Yah! What are you doing there?”
“I wanna see you.”
“You’re really crazy. It’s too early in the morning and it is freezing cold there.”
“So… can we have coffee together?”

She looked at her watch. It is already 5 in the morning. She didn’t realize that they were talking that long already.

“What can I do? You’re already down there.”

He laughed.
She didn’t know why but she loved how he sounded when he laughs.

They talked more when they were having a coffee.
It seems like they were friends for a very long time already.

“You’re a member of Super Junior right?”
“Yeah! Are you a fan of us?” Donghae said smirking.
She laughed.
She’s really not. She knew them as a group because they are famous but she doesn’t know a lot about them, especially a group like theirs with 13 members.

“I really am not into boy bands actually.”
“You don’t know us?”
“I do, but not much.”
“I see.”
“But I’m so surprised the day I knew you were an artist.”
“Really? But you know, we do have to make our lives as simple as possible off the stage too.”
“I understand that. It must be very tough for you.”
“Yeah, it’s quite tough. But I love to do a lot of things just being my real self. Just like staying late at night talking to someone and having coffee early in the morning with that someone.” Donghae said smiling at her.
“Really huh...” she replied smiling too.
“But of course that someone is really special to me.”
She rolled her eyes and laughed.
Donghae saw that and laughed too.

It’s past 6 when they parted ways.
She felt something different with Donghae’s presence.
She was so comfortable talking with him.
She doesn’t know if she’ll be happy with that or not.
She doesn’t allow any one to get close to her. It’s the first time that someone, unexpectedly a man, would get near her that close.
And one thing bothers her more. She likes his presence.