Chapter 11

A LITTLE FALL OF RAIN

Hyun Ae’s world was rocked will all the revelations she heard from Donghae.
She was completely hurt will all of it.
First, knowing that she was the one blamed for Mr.Kim Myungsoo’s death, the man Donghae considers as a father.
Second, knowing that his hatred against Nyx, which is actually her, is so strong that he wanted her dead.
And lastly, knowing that Donghae revealed his true feelings for her but he doesn’t know who she really is.

Now she’s standing in front of a man whom she starts to like. But even before their relationship go into a higher level, she could sense that it will all be a waste.

She’s hurt with these realities.

When her father died, she said to herself that she doesn’t need love from other people.
But why does she felt so hurt knowing Donghae’s words? His confession seemed more painful.

Although she is not the one who killed Mr. Kim, she couldn’t tell him.
How would she explain? How would she tell him that she’s Nyx, and she didn’t do it? Would he believe her? He will still kill her. She has too many pains in her life but she can’t let herself get killed.

She looked at Donghae, his eyes were red. He’s been crying for quite a while now.
All she wanted to do is to leave. But how could she do that seeing a hurt Donghae in front of her?

“Oppa…. I’m sorry.” She almost whispers.
“It’s ok. I can catch her soon. I can make her pay.”

She held Donghae’s hands. It is cold. He was like her too in a way. They both lost their fathers in a difficult way. She held his hand in her placed made it warm in her cheeks.

Inside her, she was saying sorry over and over again.

Sorry because she wasn’t able to save Mr. Kim before.
Sorry because she can’t tell him who she really is.
And sorry because she can’t give back the love he just offered her.

She tried to stop herself from crying.
She thought she was tough enough.
She promised not to cry again before. But now, she realized she just broke that promise.
She wanna ease his pain. But how could she do that?
She’s even hurting too.

“Oppa… I know how you feel. The pain, the sadness.”
“No you don’t Hyun Ae. You don’t know how painful it is.”

‘I do Oppa! We’re just the same.’ She said to herself still crying.

Donghae stared at her. He looked at his hand that Hyun Ae is keeping warm in her cheeks. He suddenly grabbed her shoulders and put her inside his arms. He hugged her tightly.

Hyun Ae was breathless as Donghae suddenly embraced her.
She closed her eyes and felt his warm body around her.
It has been so long since she last felt someone embrace her.
The warmth it gives her made her close her eyes.

“I will have her in my hands. I swear I will kill Nyx.” She heard him whisper.

Her tears continued to flood listening to him. But she doesn’t want him to see them so she dried them from time to time.

“I could kill her with your help Hyun Ae-ya.”

Now she suddenly stopped crying with what she heard.

“You can help me. Tell me how to get into Virgo. Nyx is one of his men. But we can’t trace her identity. She seems to be doing a lot of underground job. We can’t even have a photo of her. She slips most of the time. My only witness, which is my father’s secretary was killed before he could even tell me who Nyx is and what does she looks like. I’m so frustrated. I wanna have her killed!”

Her heart is torn into little pieces. She couldn’t take the Donghae’s words over and over again.

But how did he know she knew Virgo?
‘Right, at the bar. He followed her.’ She sighed. After all, this man will surely find out soon. He’s tricky and he’s smart.

“Will you help me?” he begged.
“I..I.. don’t know how.”
“Just tell me how to get into Virgo and I will do the rest.”
“You know his bar. Why not start there?”
“We can’t find him at his bar. I think he knew that we’re after him too now. We can’t catch anybody who knew Virgo and Nyx. But with you, it will be easier.”
“I can’t do it.” She whispered.
“Why not?”
“And I only talked to him once. I… I don’t know him really. I…I’m scared.”

Yes, she’s scared.
Scared that he’ll soon find out her identity.
Scared that every love that he gives her will turn into hatred.

“I understand. I’m sorry for bringing this up. I promise not to drag you into this anymore.”
He said weakly and released her.

“I’m so sorry.” She said again.
“That’s fine. I think I shouldn’t have asked you that. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

She felt his sincerity again and it kills her. She started to like him but with this wall between them, it just killed their chance to be together.



Soon they left the cemetery and he dropped her to her apartment.

“Hyun Ae yah, I hope nothing changes between us. I really wanted to tell you how I feel. That’s why I told you that I love you even though it seems so early.”

She just nodded. She’s cared to open to say something. She might end up regretting.

Before she gets into her apartment, she gave him another kiss in the cheek.

If he really loves her, that kiss must give him at least a bit of joy, she thought.

She finally went to bed that night.
But she can’t sleep, she’s thinking on how to sort out this problem.

But for every plan she tried to set, she always had one conclusion, she has to get away from Donghae as soon as possible.

Although it’s a hard decision, she must do it.
She can’t afford to see Donghae’s eyes be filled with anger towards her.

On telling Donghae the truth that she didn’t kill Mr. Kim, she thought that it’s impossible to convince him at the moment. She has to gather evidence before she could prove that.

But now, all she needs to do is to kill Jaejoong and run away!

She remembered Jaejoong again.
She has to finish him so that she could move on with her life.

She sighed. Why it has to be this way? She said to herself.
But she needs to settle this because if not, she won’t forgive herself.

She started to feel crazy.

Damn it! Why does it have to be like this?
I was just a young girl who had a perfect dad and a good life. But it was all ruined away in one day… by ORION. By Jaejoong.


But even though how hard I try to trace that ORION in Jaejoong, I can’t see him.

But she’s decided.

She has to destroy Jaejoong; she has to avenge her father’s death. She will put an end to her misery.

The following day, she already prepared herself.
With a pistol in her jacket and a knife in her leg, she left her apartment heading to Jaejoong.

But still trying to convince herself that she could kill him in her own hands.