Chapter 8

This Isn't Your Peter Pan Neverland

You were running through the forest again. Everywhere you turned that strange man was there, waiting for you. It was silent. The thunder never roared, the lightning never crackled, the snow and twigs never snapped under your feet. The only noise was of someone calling your name. You stopped running to catch your breath. The rain continued to fall down harder and harder. The man was right behind you as you started to run away. He slowly caught up to you and grabbed your shoulder. You turned around and froze in place. Despite being soaking wet, you started to feel warmer and warmer by the second. It started to get really hot until you suddenly woke up in a sweat. You tried to sit up but a heavy weight pressed down across your stomach. You looked over your shoulder to see a sleeping Soohyun. He looked so peaceful in his sleep, it almost seemed like he was glowing. In fact, his whole body was glowing a light orange. You went to grab his hand but his skin was too hot to touch. You poked his arm. He didn't budge. You poked his cheek in another attempt to wake him up. Soohyun yawned as he slowly woke up. 

"Soohyun, it's too hot in here," You said, pointing to him. He instantly stopped glowing and began to cool down.

"Ah, sorry ------ , I didn't mean to sleep in here, you kind of wouldn't let go." He slightly blushed as he scratched the back of his head. You looked down, feeling embarrassed. Soohyun got out of bed and stretched his body. You pulled up the blanket and curled up in a ball. 

"Don't listen to Dongho, -------. You must be here for a reason. And if not, it's still fun to have a human around," Soohyun noticed your red and puffy eyes and winked before he left. Luckily, you didn't get sick from being out in the rain. Thinking about everything that happened the last few days had you really confused on what you should do. You didn't want to get out of bed, and it certainly wasn't the first time you've felt like this.

"How is ------- ?" Hoon asked as Soohyun walked into the living room. Eli and Kiseop were playing videogames on the TV. Kevin was eating noodles and Aj was reading a book next to the fireplace. Everything seemed to be just how it should be, except there was a heavy mood in the air.

"She's okay. At least she's not sick." Soohyun plopped down on the couch. 

"Soohyun, someone was outside with ------- yesterday." Kiseop told him. Everyone looked over to him. 

"Who?"

"One of the vamps. I could smell one, it was strong." Kiseop explained.

"I wonder what they are doing around here these days. We better keep an eye out. Where's Dongho?" Soohyun thought out loud.

"He's still in his room. He hasn't come out yet." Kevin sighed. Everyone went back to what they were doing like it was just a normal day at the castle. Aj put his book down and walked towards your room. He was about to knock on your door when he turned around and went to a different room. He opened the door to Dongho's room and peeked inside. Ice covered most of the room. 

"What do you want?" Dongho asked with his face in his pillow. Aj walked in and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Did you apologize yet?" he asked him. Dongho didn't reply. Aj sighed with disappointment and left, not wanting to start another fight. Dongho threw the pillow across the room before getting up. 'I guess I should at least see if she's okay.' He went to the hallway and checked to see if anyone was nearby. When the coast was clear he made his way to your room. He knocked on your door and waited, but nothing happened. He opened the door and stuck his head in. He instantly felt guilty when he saw you hiding under the blanket.

"Listen, ------- , can I talk to you?" he asked. For the first time in a while, he was feeling pretty nervous.