Chapter 13

This Isn't Your Peter Pan Neverland

You woke up the next afternoon. Trying to get up, you felt a little lightheaded. 'This isn't my room,' you thought, looking around. You swung your legs over the side of the bed and noticed Dongho sleeping on the floor. You nudged him with your foot, trying to wake him up. He turned over onto his side and opened his eyes.

"Look who's up," he yawned.

"Why are you sleeping on the floor, Dongho?" you asked. This is the first time you've spoken to him since he apologized to you.

"Oh, I uh, didn't want to leave you alone after what happened. I hope you don't mind." He said as he sat up and rubbed his eyes. 'He actually wanted to watch out for me' you thought as you smiled. There was a short silence. Looking around the room again, you remembered what happened. Seeing Dongho try to help you, even though he used to hate you, made you realize how grateful you were to still be there.

"I forgive you," you said.

"What?"

"I forgive you."  He jumped up and hugged you tight. You chuckled and hugged him back.

"So does that mean we're friends?" he asked.

"I always considered you my friend," His smile kept getting bigger and bigger. "And thanks for watching me. You didn't have to."

Dongho wrapped his arm around your shoulders before walking out into the hallway. "Hey, that's what friends are for". The first thing you did was head straight to the kitchen. There, you saw Eli standing in front of the stove. He turned around and waved. You stood next to him and watched him cook.

"Want to help?" he asked, handing you a pair of chopsticks. You grabbed them and followed his every move.

"Eli oppa, how come Soohyun said you were the only one who could help me?" you asked, only remembering a few pieces of what really happened. He started to boil a pot of water before turning to face you. He bared his teeth and pointed to them, showing off two pointy fangs.

"So you're a vampire? But the others aren't, are they?" you wondered, looking at the fangs carefully.

"I'm not a full vampire. But yes, I'm the only one." he chuckled.

"Not a full vampire?"

"Nope. I have the fangs and the senses, but I don't live off of blood like full vampires do. They survive because of blood. I don't need it to survive."

"So, my blood was.... the first time you actually...tried it?"

"And did it taste good," he said in a low voice, gently touching your neck. You stepped back.

"I'm just kidding ------, I would never bite you like that." he laughed. You playfully punched his arm in return. "But yes, that's why I didn't want to do it at first, I didn't know how I would react to real blood. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to stop." he said, looking down.

"It's okay Eli, if you didn't do it, I may not be here right now. So no hard feelings." you smiled, handing him his spoon. He laughed and continued to make the food, teaching you along the way. When the food was finished, Eli started to put the food on plates and you helped by setting the table.

"Can you try this sauce for me?" he asked. You took the spoon and tasted the sauce. Right when you were about to speak you brought your hand to your mouth and fanned your tongue.

"Eli! That's too spicy!" you gasped for air. You ran to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. The whole time Eli was laughing as he poured the real sauce over the food. You grabbed an ice cube and snuck behind him. When he turned around you stuck it down his shirt and ran out of the room. Eli lifted his shirt, causing the ice cube to fall out. He ran into the living room and looked for you.

"Where's -----!" he yelled, looking around the room. Aj pretended he didn't hear him. Kiseop silently pointed to the couch. You screamed and ran when you heard Eli coming towards the couch. Before getting away you were suddenly picked up and thrown over someone's shoulders.

"You can't get away from us that easily," Hoon said, carrying you over to Eli. He set you down and Eli was about to grab you when Kevin ran and pulled you away.

"I got you ----- !" Kevin held you and turned you away from the others. You started laughing when something hit you from behind. Eli and Hoon grabbed the pillows off the couch and started to attack. Kevin pushed you down behind the chair.

"Don't worry, I'll make them pay!" Kevin said, a little too serious. He jumped up and threw the cushions across the room. Aj and Kiseop stayed where they were, acting as referees. One of the pillows hit Kevin in the head.

"Foul! No head shots!" Aj called out. Kiseop laughed as Eli launched a pillow at Aj, causing him to fall off the chair. Soohyun and Dongho walked in and went straight to the kitchen to eat, dodging all of the pillows along the way. You snuck out and joined them. Pretty soon the others came in one by one to eat.

"Good job Eli!" Kiseop gave him a thumbs up.

"------- helped too" Eli smiled, giving you credit. The meal put everyone in a great mood. Soohyun decided to celebrate and open a bottle of champagne. The rest of the night you guys celebrated, for nothing in particular, just to have fun.