Chapter 6

This Isn't Your Peter Pan Neverland

So far everything was going well. You slowly started to become closer to the boys, even though you stayed with Soohyun and Hoon mostly. You barely saw Dongho out of his room. If he was out you tried to be nice to him. Something about him was a little off to you. He was never mean, never said anything to hurt you, he was just distant. The guys told you not to worry about it, and that it takes him a while to get used to new people. You understood what they meant, you also had to try and get used to them. You didn't show it, but you still felt shy and a little awkward. But you didn't want them to worry. 

One day you were taking a nap after a long time cleaning the house. The boys were busy doing things so you decided to do them a favor and clean up a little. You were just starting to have a nice dream when you woke up to a loud crash. A flash of light filled the room and you ran to the window. It was raining super hard out. It's the first time you saw a different forecast other than snow. Another crash of thunder sounded and you fell down to the floor. 'Maybe it'll pass,' you thought as you walked down the hallway to try and find someone to be with. You found Hoon in the kitchen looking through the fridge.

"Whatcha doin?" He asked, closing the fridge door. You sat down in one of the wooden chairs, shrugging your shoulders. He continued to look for something to eat.

"I have an idea! Wanna make some cupcakes?"

"Okay!" You jumped up and walked over to the stove.

Hoon put all the ingredients in a bowl and started to mix them together. You searched through all of the cabnets to find stuff to decorate with. The oven beeped, letting you know it was done preheating. Hoon handed you the bowl so he could bring out the cupcake pans. He set them on top of the stove and put the paper wrappers in each one. You poured the mix into the pans and placed them in the oven.

"Alright, now we just have to wait" Hoon smiled as he set the timer on the stove. You sat back down at the table to wait. Hoon went over to look out the window over the sink when another flash of lightning struck. You jumped up, hitting your knee on the table.

"You okay over there?" Hoon asked when he saw you rubbing your knee.

"Yeah, I'm fine" You smiled as you stood up. He brought out the rest of the sprinkles and frosting right when the timer went off. You went to get the cupcakes when the oven door started to glow a faint purple color. You looked over at Hoon and saw his eyes flash the same color purple, but when he blinked they were back to normal and the oven door opened.

"Pretty cool huh?" He smirked as he brought the pans out. You could have sworn you saw his eyes change color. You shook your head and helped him put all the cupcakes on the counter. The two of you decorated them with all the frosting.

"Thanks for the help" Hoon gave you a hug before placing all the newly made treats on a plate.

 You carried the plate to the living room. As you entered the room another crash of thunder sounded, making you flinch.

"What's with the storm?" you asked, walking over to Kiseop who was on the couch. He pointed over to Eli and Aj. They were sitting on opposite sides of the room. 

"Eli and Aj were playing a game and then they started arguing," He said. It finally made sense, Aj controlled the weather, of course there would be a storm outside. 'Hopefully they make up soon,' You put the plate in front of Kiseop. He picked a cupcake and thanked you before taking a bite. He gave you a thumbs up. Kevin took one as well. Soohyun walked in and you went over to give him one.

"Here Soohyun oppa, I made cupcakes! Hoon helped too," you smiled. He picked the one with the most frosting. You carefully walked over to Eli and tapped his shoulder. He looked over and his glare instantly softened. He took a cupcake and turned right back around. The same went for Aj. 'Alright, now to find Dongho,' You walked through the hallways and tried to find Dongho's room. 

"It's the room two doors down from yours," Soohyun said as he walked past you to get to his own room. You took a deep breath before knocking on the door. No answer. You knocked again, the door opened slowly. You peeked inside and saw Dongho sitting on his bed. He had a towel around his neck and his hair was wet. He was playing on his laptop. You looked around, noticing his room was the same color as yours. You walked in and placed the tray on the dresser. On the dresser was a single rose in a vase. 'Wow, how pretty,' It looked to be some type of crystal. You went to pick it up, it felt like ice. You twisted it between your fingers, it glistened with tiny sparkles of all the colors of the rainbow. You gently touched one of the petals, but then it started to crumbled to dust. 

"What do you think you're doing?!" Dongho asked jumping up from the bed. He saw the dust fall to the ground. 

"Dongho, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to break it!" You apologized. He bent over the dust and let it fall through his fingers. He started shaking.

"I can fix it," You said. Dongho looked up at you. In an instant you were pinned against the wall. The air in the room started to get colder. 

"No. You can't. It's ruined. Forever!" He yelled in your face. You flinched when another bolt of lightning struck. 

"Who the hell said you could come in here and touch my stuff?!"

"No one, I ju--"

"No one? Then you shouldn't have come in here! Do you have any idea what you did!?" he punched the wall right next to your head, causing you to scream.

Kiseop, Soohyun, Kevin, and Hoon ran to the door. Soohyun came into the room and tried to pull Dongho back. 

"DON'T TOUCH ME" He shoved Soohyun away. He grabbed your collar and pulled you close to him. The sound of ice cracking filled the air, his grip became colder on your skin.

"YOU RUINED EVERYTHING! A HUMAN HAS NO RIGHT TO BE HERE" he screamed. You just stood there with a straight face, until another flash of lightning filled the room. You tried to push him away but his grip was too strong. The others just stood there in complete shock. Thunder broke the silence and you couldn't hold the tears in any longer. You slapped Dongho across the cheek, causing him to loosen his grip. You shoved him away and ran out the door. You heard someone call your name but you kept running down the hall. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" Aj asked as you ran into him. He helped you back up and noticed you were crying. You shook your head and ran past him. He waited a few seconds before walking back to his room. Back down the hall, the others were standing around a now sobbing Dongho. Kiseop stood looking out of the window as Soohyun started to scold Dongho.

"You had no right to yell that to ------! " He yelled. Dongho turned towards him and slammed his fist down onto the dresser, making it break.

"No right? SHE BROKE MY ROSE! NOW HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO BRING BACK XANDER?!" Dongho yelled, tears starting to form in his eyes.

"She doesn't know who he even is. It was an accident." Kevin sighed, trying to defend you. 

"Why are you guys siding with her? Now we can't bring Xander back. Everything is ruined!" Dongho sighed, looking down.

"XANDER ISN'T COMING BACK, DONGHO. IT WAS NEVER GOING TO WORK ANYWAYS. DON'T YOU GET IT. THERE'S NO WAY YOU COULD HAVE BROUGHT HIM BACK." Soohyun screamed, making everyone in the room jump. He wasn't one to get angry. Dongho tried to figure out what his hyung meant. Kiseop was still looking out the window when he saw something in the yard. He looked closer and saw you running into the forest. Another flash of lightning came and he instantly felt fear. He jumped up and started to run to the door. 

"Where are you going?" Hoon asked. 

" --------- is afraid of thunderstorms! I can feel it!" He yelled back as he ran down the hall. The others looked back over at Dongho, giving him the 'this is all your fault' stare. Slowly each member left the room. Kevin was the last to leave when he stopped in the doorway.

"She just wanted to give you a cupcake she made for you," he sighed before he left Dongho by himself. Dongho looked over at the broken dresser. The cupcake fell over onto its side. He paced around the room before crashing down onto his bed.

 


If you didn't notice the change in this chapter;

Instead of making cupcakes with Kevin, I decided to change it to Hoon. I felt that since Hoon was the one who found you, and the first person you, I guess "trusted", I made it more clear that you felt more open with him than the others. I just think that's how everyone would feel if they were in that type of situation.