Chapter 19

This Isn't Your Peter Pan Neverland

Okay guys, the flashbacks are Soohyun's POV.

"At the beginning, we didn't know how long you would be staying. We were all just as shocked and confused as you were. But then we got used to having you around. Pretty soon, we all grew quite fond of you, even if you did stay away from us for a while" Soohyun laughed, recalling when you first showed up in Neverland.

"Yeah, sorry about that" You apologized, remembering how scared and nervous you were to be living with the strangers.

"It wasn't until that you ran off. When Kiseop brought you back, it hurt to see such a lovely girl so upset. I tried to cheer you up because I couldn't stand seeing you like that." Soohyun sat back onto the couch.

//flashback//

You made your way to ------- 's room. Standing at her door, you could hear her crying softly. Then there was a slight pain in your chest. You sighed before lightly knocking on the door, but she didn't answer.

" ------, you okay?" You slowly walked into her room. You stood there as she sat on the window seat. After a few moments, you sat on the edge of her bed, causing her to look over to you with her wet, puffy eyes. ------- wiped her eyes and came over to sit next to you. Her hair was still wet and she was still a little shaky. You brushed her bangs out of her face, not knowing what to say.

"Am I ever going to go back home?" She looked you straight in the eyes. The pain in your chest came back.

"Dongho shouldn't have said those things to you. Please don't run off again"  ------ hid her face in her hands.

"--------, it's okay to cry. You don't have to try and be strong all the time." You said as you picked her up and sat her on your lap. She instanty wrapped her arms around you and cried into your chest. You could feel your shirt getting wet with tears as you played with her hair.

"Why are you trying to make me feel better?" She asked as she looked up at you. You were about to say something, but changed your mind. 'No, I can't tell her that. Not now anyways' you thought to yourself. Then you sighed and started to sing to her, hoping that would calm her down.

You get some right, you get some wrong~ 
Jogeum himdeureodo utneun nari olkkeoya~ 
When you fall down, when you get up~ 
Jogeum himdeureodo utneun nari wa~ 
Gyeolguk utneun nari olkkeoya~~

You noticed ------ was starting to fall asleep. Not wanting to wake her up, you slowly got up and laid her back onto the bed. You went to walk away when you felt something pull you back. Looking over your shoulder you saw ------ holding onto your wrist.

"Soohyun, can you sing another song to me?" She asked you, half asleep.

"Of course ------, I'll sing for you whenever you want,"

//End of flashback//

You couldn't believe what Soohyun had told you. No one has ever said anything like that to you before. You went to sit down next to him, not knowing what to say.

"When that bastard Byunghee bit you, I was upset because I couldn't do anything to help you. Eli was the only one who could have helped you, and I felt a little like I wasn't able to protect you." he looked down, feeling bad.

//flashback//

"Kevin! I need you! They bit her!" Dongho ran into the living room. You felt your heart stop. Thunder let go of you and disappeared. The rest of the vampires disappeared as well. 'No no no NO NO NO' You constantly yelled in your head as you followed Dongho to his head. You felt like you were going to throw up when you saw ------ laying on the floor.

"I can't heal a vampire bite, they could have poisoned her!" Kevin said as he looked at the bite marks.

"Eli, you need to the poison out!" You yelled, trying to keep your voice from cracking.

"I can't. I won't be able to stop, I could kill her" Eli nervously rubbed his arms.

"You're the only one who can!"

Eli hesitated before he crouched down in front of ------. He tilted her head back. 'You can do it Eli' After inspecting the bite marks, he looked back at you with worried eyes before biting into her neck. You closed your eyes, you couldn't bare seeing your worst fear. You opened your eyes back up as Eli started to the blood out, spitting it out onto the floor. Eli just kept taking more blood out. You looked around the room, everyone just stood there, waiting. You looked back down at -------. She started to look a little pale, and she tried to push Eli away from her.

"Eli enough!" You yelled, pulling Eli off of her.

'Those bastards. I should have been there for her. I could have protected her'

//end of flashback//

"Soohyun, don't feel bad. It's not your fault." you placed a hand on his shoulder. He looked up and smiled.

"Why are you so good to me" he chuckled as he ruffled your hair. You flinched back and pushed him away playfully. Just then the door burst open and an angry Joon stood in the doorway.

"What the HELL do you think you are doing here?" he growled.

 


I decided to fix up the flashbacks. Looking back, I missed a lot of opportunities to explain why Soohyun kinda fell for you, so I thought this was the perfect chapter to explain it all.