Chapter 23

This Isn't Your Peter Pan Neverland

"Already leaving? I thought you would have wanted to stay a little longer." Seungho said as he stepped forward. You hid behind Eli, hoping they wouldn't start fighting again. You glanced over to Soohyun. 'He can't even stand up by himself, let alone be able to fight' you thought. The other vampires stepped forward as well, except for Joon. He kept to himself, not making eye contact with anyone. 'Why does it look like he has a black eye?' you wondered. Seungho stood in front of you and Eli before bowing down. Eli tensed up with how close he was to you.

" -------, you are quite a lucky girl. I was told that my plan to kill you was not thought out well and that it would have started an unnecessary war between us and the princes. After thinking it all over, I came to terms with the statement. No matter how much we want Kibum back, killing you would not change a thing, but only cause more harm to everyone." he said as he stood there. No one dared to move or speak. The rest of MBLAQ stood silent as well. You let go of Eli and slowly walked over to Joon.

"Thank you, Joon" you said as you gave him a hug. He was taken back by your action and lightly hugged you back. The others were confused by your reaction as well. Byunghee glared at you as if you crossed an invisible line.

"Now go before I change my mind," Seungho warned you. You nodded and went back to the others. Without saying anything the vampires disappeared and you guys went to leave. The journey back to the castle took longer than expected, having to stop every so often for Soohyun to catch his breath.

"Did you see the look on Byunghee's face when ------- hugged Joon? I wish I had a camera!" Kevin laughed as he laid in the snow. You sat down next to him and played with the snow. Dongho made a small snowman and then took a picture of it.

"Yeah, what was that all about?" Hoon asked. You looked up at him and smiled.

"I told Joon that all this fighting was pointless, I just know he told Seungho," You answered.  Kiseop went over to where Soohyun was sitting.

"How's your side, hyung?" he asked, bending over. Soohyun shook his head in response. Before he could say anything, there was a rustling sound coming from nearby. Everyone stood up and listened. After a few minutes of silence, Aj and Hoon jumped out of the bushes and started throwing snowballs at the others. Kevin and Eli ducked down behind a tree trunk and started making snowballs of their own. You ran behind a tree with Dongho right next to you. He formed some snowballs in his hand and gave you some to throw. You grabbed a good amount before running out to attack. Right as you ran out you were already in the snow as Kevin and Eli launched snowballs one after the other. Dongho ran over to cover for you as you made more snowballs. Aj took cover behind another tree and Hoon stayed out in the open. Snowballs were being thrown left and right. You put your hand up to stop the attack and pointed over to Kiseop, who was still sitting with a now almost asleep Soohyun. Everyone grabbed a snowball and launched them right at Kiseop and Soohyun.

"I've been hit!" Kiseop yelled as he fell back, playing along.

"Kiseop are you okay?!" Hoon ran over to him.

"I am okay," Kiseop said as he sat up.  More rustling sounds came from the bushes.

"Okay Aj, we know it's you" Dongho called out. Aj came up behind him.

"I'm right here" Aj rested his arm on Dongho's shoulder.  There was more rustling, and it seemed to be a little closer than before.

"Let's hurry home," you said as you looked from the bush to the barely conscious Soohyun. Eli lifted up Soohyun and carried him on his back as you guys started to go back to the castle, cutting the break short.