It's Not Your Average Relationships

Not Your Average Relationship

6 years later

Boa and Yunho had three children. They were currently living in San Diego where they had their own dance studio and classes. Changmin and Victoria had begun seeing each other three years ago after she was sent to work at a hospital where Changmin worked at. Leeteuk and Taeyeon were still married along with Sunny and Sungmin who were on a European tour at the moment. Tiffany and Nichkhun got married and opened up a karaoke bar in Seoul. Tiffany was eight months pregnant.

 

Jessica and Onew were currently living in Miami as Jessica was a model and Onew opened a KFC chain. They had no intentions on having a child. Yuri and Minho are both coaches, Yuri for kick boxing and Minho was for soccer. Luna and Chen became professional singers still under SM. Both were on hiatus due to Chen's military service and Luna was pregnant with twins. Yongwha and Seohyun moved down to Busan with Seohyun opening a book store and Yonghwa teaching at a Musical school.

 

Amber and Henry got together and were currently living in China. Both became professors at a university and Henry was also a Maestro to an orchestra while still maintaining his idol career. Kris's where about are still unknown since his talk with Kai six years ago. He said he was tired of working under Youngmin. Last they heard of him was that he was in Russia, and head of the mafia. Baekhyun too became a singer but since he did everything with his best friend he was in the military right by Chen, finishing up their time.

 

Sehun and Daeun finally got Daeun's father's approval. Even though Daeun was rich, they ran about three clubs around Seoul. Eunji and Suho had two kids and were in charge of a kindergarten. Xiumin played for Minho's team but also co-coached with him. Donghae became a dance instructor and choreographer under SM and YG. Heechul was a host of his own variety show along with Tao, Chanyeol, Sulli and Ryewook. 

 

D.O. Was head chef for the finest restaurant. Lay became Luhan's right hand man. Luhan took over his mother's company and was a star soccer player as well. Lay was there to help Luhan relax and come back from stressed. When Lay wasn't with Donghae choreographing dances for new groups he was with Luhan bringing him back to earth.

 

The three couples...

 

"Yah where did she go?" Krystal looked around and behind Kai and under the table. They were in the break room in the SM building.

"She went ahead, anyways I'm gonna go Oppa, I'll see you tomorrow." Naeun gave her brother a hug as she headed out.

"Aigoo Jongin, don't hate me for saying this but I am glad you aren't on tour anymore." She sighed whipping out ice cream and shoving a spoonful in . Kai chuckled at the sight. He took a napkin and wiped her lips that was covered in vanilla ice cream.

"Yah... I was going to eat that." Krystal grimaced her lips. She stood up to get chocolate syrup as Kai began talking. "You know our anniversary is coming up."

"Which one? The one where you stopped my wedding? When you proposed? When we first had ? The actual wedding? Like seriously you do too much." Krystal scoffed.

Kai stood up and began following Krystal around, "All those things were like six years ago." He said in his obvious voice as he crossed his arms.

Krystal suddenly spun around and pointed her spoon full of ice cream at him, "Deng! Wrong, our wedding was five years ago. You don't get dinner." She stated shoving the spoon in . Kai tried to keep a straight face on him but failed as he leaned over and began laughing.

Krystal abruptly stopped and faced Kai, "Oh so you think this whole thing is funny?" She asked pointing to the two of them giving him a serious face.

"Ani, Ani. Come here." He sat down as he brought Krystal to his lap, "Is something wrong babe?"

"Everything."

"Wae?"

"I did nothing for this relationship. You basically did everything."

"Krystal I did everything because you're my everything. I would and will do anything for you. You are so moody today."

"If you're going to kiss, I suggest going to a practice room. I don't allow PDA in the food area." Youngmin, the CEO of SM interrupted them. As he walked away, Sooman came from the corner and began mocking him. "I don't allow PDA... Blah blah blah."

"Just buy the company back or fire him." Kai pointed in at the direction Youngmin went off to, "Kris left Korea because of him. Well he claims but whatever."

"All in good time Jongin. When are Taeyeon and Leeteuk coming back from their European tour with Sunny and Sungmin?" Sooman raised his eyebrow.

"Next month. I think." Krystal informed him and realized his plan along with Kai. "Jinjja Ajusshi?" Her stomach suddenly flipped. Krystal didn't know if it was her excitement or something else. She pushed herself off of Kai and ran for the bathroom. It took Kai a minute before trailing behind her. "Soojung?" He walked into the girl’s bathroom with no shame. A couple of female trainees glared at him and fangirls over how attractive he is and how he was the Kai. 

"Get away from my husband." Krystal  swung open a stall. As they scurried out Krystal was going to say something but turned away and continued to puke in the toilet. Kai pulled her hair back and rubbed her back, it was the only thing he could do. After she finished she washed and popped about five pieces of gum in .

"Are you ok?" He wrapped his arms around her walking out of the bathroom.

"Yeah I probably shouldn't have had ice cream." She spit out the gum, "Is my breath ok?" To test he leaned in and kissed her. He smiled into the kiss and as he pulled away he said, "Perfect."

Krystal went back to the food area and grabbed a bottle of water. She checked her calendar for important dates. She saw her phone and her eyes widened.

"Kai."

"Ne?"

"I think I'm pregnant." She bit her lip and smiled after seeing Kai's reaction.

"BWO?"

"I'm late by three weeks."

"You're going to have a baby?" He grabbed her hands.

"I'm going to have a baby!" Krystal squealed hugging Kai as he spun her around.

"Wait. Baby?" Kai pulled away and looked a little worried as Krystal reciprocated his reaction.

"Crap!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The beat of their steps hit the floor. They hit it all at once, not a beat off. They watched themselves dancing through the mirrored wall. The music came to an abrupt stop as they finished with a pose.

"Damn, almost thirty and we still got this!" Luhan hi fived his other half. "Watch your language." Hyoyeon snapped and Yoona continued, "But we still can't compare to the dancing royalty." Yoona motioned towards Hyoyeon, Eunhyuk and a little girl as Luhan back hugged her.

"Sun-ara takes after umma right?" The blonde bent down in front of her daughter as she wiped away the sweat on her forehead.

"Anio, Appa." Eunhyuk pointed to himself. "Appa, I want Umma's hair." She pointed to Hyoyeon's blonde hair. After all these years she hasn't changed it back to brunette.

"In your dream Ara." He rubbed her back. She was a dancing machine at age six.

Hyoyeon's phone rang as Sun-ara went and grabbed it for her. "Thank you sweetie. Yoboseyo? Jongin?"

"Is Taemin on the 7th floor with you guys?" His voice was loud.

"Anio."

"Kai tell them!" Krystal's voice came in.

"What is it?" Yoona asked twirling around as if she was a ballerina.

"Krystal's pregnant!" Kai cheered through the other line.

"Jinjja!"

"Jeongmal!" Hyoyeon and Yoona began jumping up and down all excited while Luhan and Eunhyuk congratulated him.

"I cannot wait for our child." Yoona turned and looked at Luhan. He was just as excited as she was. They waited so long and finally, they were going to have a child of their own. "We better go, I'll see you guys later. Come on Luhan." Yoona waved at them and dragged him off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naeun adjusted her mirror so she could see the back of the car. She had just entered her car coming from the SM building. The young girl turned around and smiled, "Are you ready to go Byul?"

"Ne umma!" The little girl giggled kicking her legs up and down. Naeun pulled out of the parking lot and began driving. "Byul, do you know what we are doing right now?"

Byul clapped her hands together "We are going to meet Appa for a picnic!"

"Are you excited?"

"Ne! Are you umma?" Byul asked her mother causing her to smile. "I'm always excited to see Appa." 

"Will Appa be happy to see us like he always is? What if he's upset today?" Byul pouted thinking about her dad being upset.

"I know you're Appa, he won't get upset." Naeun reassured her child.

"But what if it rains?"

"Rain is never a bad thing Byul. Rain is your Appa's and my favorite kind of weather."

The music stopped playing and it began to ring. "Who's that umma?"

"It's auntie Krystal." She informed her pressing the answer button.

"Hey, is Taemin with you and Byul?" Kai's voice came through the speakers of the car.

"Ani. But Byul and I are on our way to see Taemin." She informed her brother.

"Oh tell him I say hi and we will meet with him later today maybe!" Krystal's voice was distance but very clear.

"Arasso. Why are you looking for him?"

"We have something to tell him and we kind of need him since we are leaving soon."

"Check places with food auntie, he loves food." Byul informed Krystal making her smile.

"Thank you Byul, but we already checked there." Even though you couldn't see her you could tell Krystal was smiling.

"What about the dance room on the eighth floor. That's his favorite room." Byul informed them. All found it adorable when she spoke.

"Thank you Byul, I'll see you later. Oh and by the way I'm pregnant." Krystal said out of the blue.

"Annyeong auntie." Byul waved at nobody in particular.

"Wait what!" Naeun shouted. She heard laughter and it was undeniably Kai’s.

"I'm pregnant!"

"That's great! Call me later!" As Naeun hung up another call came through.

"Ne unnie?"

"We ran into Chorong and guess who she's engaged to?" Yoona said through the phone.

Naeun paused, she couldn't believe that she finally got engaged, "Engaged? Who?"

"Woohyun!"

"Jinjja?"

"Jinjja!"

"That was not expected..." Naeun let out a chuckle turning into her destination. "Key's best friend too..."

"It really wasn't. What are you up to?" Yoona asked starting the conversation.

"Me and Byul are going to spend the day with Taemin."

"Oh, I haven't seen him in a while... Tell him Luhan and I love him and we'll meet with him soon! Maybe later." 

"Alright, we just got here. I'll call you later."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona hung up her phone and went back inside the room smiling. Luhan smiled back at her and grabbed her hand. They sat down waiting. 

A woman came in with a big smile, "Are you ready to meet them?" Both nodded excitedly as they followed her to a room. There laid two three month old twins. One girl and one boy. 


Yoona couldn't sit still. She waited restlessly in the doctor’s office. She wanted to know. Not just know, Yoona wanted to know now.

"Mrs. Im?" The doctor called the tall model inside her room. "What were the test results?" Yoona was anxious. She needed to know if she was pregnant. Her and Luhan wanted a child, already they painted and decorated a room for a nursery.

"I'm sorry Yoona, you aren't." The doctor informed her sadly. Her face fell. "Oh, Kamsamida." She bowed on her way out.

"There is one more thing." The doctor hesitated in calling her back, "We ran other tests and it came out that, you cannot carry a child." By just that phrase Yoona's world came crashing down. Tear welled in her eyes, "I-I can't have children?"

The doctor looked at her with pity, "I'm sorry."

That night when Luhan came home from work there was no signs of Yoona. "Jagiya?" He called but received no answer. "Yoona?" Luhan walked through the house and found the lights on in the nursery they made. There, he found Yoona crying on the rocking chair. Quickly he went to her aid. Luhan her hair trying to sooth her, "Wae? What's wrong?"

"I-I... I can't- I-I can't..." She tried to say it but couldn't. "Just breathe. Now tell me what wrong?"

"I can't have kids..." Yoona barely got out. Luhan's face saddened as well. He won't be able to have kids of his own. "It's fine."

"How can you say that?"

"There are other ways. Why don't we adopt?"

"Do you know how long that takes? The process takes years." Yoona sighed wiping her tears.

"Well, we are still young. Just because Naeun and Krystal are going to have children already doesn't mean we can't wait years to finally get ours. Isn't it worth a shot?" He smiled at her.

And now years later, they finally have their two new family members. "What are their names?"

"Jae." Yoona said holding the little boy in her arms as Luhan grabbed the little girl, "Hana for the girl." 

"They're ours." Yoona looked up and Luhan finally after everything they went through, and everything she went through in the past couple of years, he finally saw her genuinely happy. And that's what made him happiest. Their entire relationship was a roller coaster, but finally they passed all the loops and turns and twists. It was just going to be smooth sailing. Luhan didn't mind, as long as he has his kids with him and the most beautiful girl in the world, he was just fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naeun and Byul were carrying the picnic basket together up the hill. Naeun unfolded the checkered blanket and laid it on the grass as she smoothed it out. Byul placed the plates and food onto the blanket as Naeun lit a candle. 

 

Kai and Krystal tip toed up to the room. They heard music playing and saw a figure dancing. Kai swung the door open and Krystal followed behind. "Kim Taemin!" The little 4 year old froze and began to laugh as he tried to run away but Kai was faster and swooped him up. "Where do you think you're going?" Kai smiled at him.

"Nowhere Appa." The little boy giggled.


Byul set the flowers down on the floor, "Annyeong Appa!" She waved at the stone engraved with his name on it. "Everyone says they miss you and love you Taemin." Naeun smiled at the stone.

"Naeunah." Taemin came up to her. They were at Krystal's and Minhyuk's almost wedding. He took a deep breath. Taemin began talking but not words left his mouth. Until finally, "Do you remember when I passed out and went to the hospital?"

"Yeah two weeks ago." Naeun gave him the isn’t it kind of obvious look.

"I had a cat scan and they found another tumor. And it's too big for them to remove and it's a different type of tumor where you need a special doctor. I've had a lot of concussion and there are some problems..."

"What are you saying?" Naeun choked out.

"I'm on the waiting list for the surgery."

"Are you saying you're dying?" Naeun felt a hot tear roll down her cheek. Nothing felt real anymore.

"Dying. I never liked that word. I want to live my life to the fullest, pretend every day is our last. But all I know is that I have spent too long away from you, not to be with you." He cupped her face in his hands. Naeun place her hands over his, he felt him wipe the tears away.

From then on, the two were inseparable. Nobody knew about Taemin's condition except the two of them and the hospital. They went for monthly check ups and told them that Taemin had less than a year. That was when Naeun was pregnant with Byul. 

Taemin being to fighter he was, he lasted almost two years. But passed the day before Kim Taemin was born.

 

Restrained sobs were echoed through the church. Eunhyuk hesitantly stepped into the church with Naeun by his side. Both eyes stained with tears and redness. He was wearing his military uniform. The family had to look away. The last time they did this was with Leeteuk's family. And one was way to many times. 

Naeun felt like all the knives in her were thrown at Eunhyuk when she had to call Taemin's brother about the news. The silence, the tears, the screaming. She remember after he hung up, Naeun remembers sitting against the wall for the whole night while Haru was asleep, she sat there crying.

They arrived at his open casket and saw his pale complexion. Eunhyuk's hand shook as he reached for his brother's lifeless face. As soon as the contact was made, he broke once more. "TAEMIN!" He fell to his knees with his hands gripping onto the casket with his life. Kai couldn't take it anymore. He was seated in the front row and he ran out of the church. Nobody had the heart to watch him leave. Krystal couldn't even watch him leave. 

 Once his foot left the church he stumbled and placed his hands on his knee. Kai? There was no Kai on that day. Kai was a strong charismatic dancer, a bubbly nickname given to him, Kai was Taemin's best friend. Kim Jongin? That's who was there. Taemin's twin. Taemin's brother. Taemin's other half. And he was there staring at him.  

"WHY! WHY HIM!" Jongin screamed at the sky. There was no sun out. The weather said it was going to rain. As the rain hit the pavement Krystal and Chen were watching from the window of the church as Kai cursed the world. Krystal's tears streamed down her face as she watched her husband crying. She felt useless. Chen wrapped his arms around the poor girl. "The ground hardens after the rain." He said trying not to cry.

"What did Taemin do?" Jongin questioned the sky as he was becoming drenched. "NOTHING! HE DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!" He screamed sobbing in the rain. Everything in his body tingled. Nothing felt real. An umbrella hovered over his head and there stood his sister with the same amount of tears. "N-Nae... Naeun's about to gi.. About... To... To give her eulogy." Hyoyeon struggled to get out. Jongin bit his lip and looked up and just fell into his sister arms. Jongin sobbed into her arms as she rubbed his back while heading back inside.

Naeun had finally composed herself and stepped onto the podium. All the swollen tear stained faces were on her. She turned her head and faced Taemin again and turned back.

"Lee Taemin. He-he was an amazing person. A-always there for his family. Trying to find a positive thing in everything. Taemin loved to dance. He thought dancing was air. He always needed it. Now... He's dancing freely. Even if I was only married to him for a short while... He was the greatest husband and the best father..." 

She paused as she wiped the tears. "I- umm... I read this thing a while ago. It's this poem and I thought I would make my own little version." Naeun cleared and began,

"Remember the time when I spilt coffee on your favorite shoes?
I thought you would hate me.
But you didn't. 
Remember that time I lost my memory?
I thought you would of given up on me.
But you didn't.
Remember that time when I told you Kai wasn't going to show up but he did?
I knew you were going to rub it in my face and say "I told you so."
But you didn't.
Remember that time I hung out with another guy I was hoping you wouldn't get jealous,
But you did get jealous
I thought you would leave me
But you didn't.
There were so many things I thought you were going to get mad at me for and leave me.
But you didn't.
But..." Naeun took a breath and cover with back of her palm. Her voice came out broken. Almost every syllable she had to take a quick breath.
"R-remember, when you told me you would be ok? You would come out strong? You would be fine coming out of that operating room even though it was only a fifty percent chance? Even though you said either way if You didn't get the surgery you were going to die anyways... But I waited... And waited... And I waited! For you to come out..." Naeun shut her eyes and placed her hands on the podium. She looked down for a second and examined the church. Yoona was buried in Luhan's chest muffling her sobs as he couldn't make eye contact with people, all he could do was stare at the wall. Jongin was wrapped in blankets and was being cradled by Krystal as they both sobbed together. Sunny was being embraced by her cousin as she cried and kept whispering everything will be Ok, to Eunhyuk.

Naeun had finally taken a deep enough breath to let out the last phrase, "But he didn't."

 

"Umma, why does it say Lee Taemin on here?" Byul pointed at the stone. She had just begun to read. 

"That's Appa's name."

"Appa was named after Taemin?"

"Ani, Taemin was named after Appa." Naeun chuckled at her remark.

Being a famous child question Byul asked, "Wae?"

"Appa was very good friends with my brother and auntie Krystal. And the day Appa left us, it was the day before Taemin was born. Since Taemin was a boy, and they loved Appa, and loved Taemin. They named him after your Appa."

Byul stood up and put her hand on the stone.

"Did you hear that Appa? People love you so much they named their baby after you. When I grow up and I have a kid, even if it's a girl I will name it after you."

"She's not an average daughter." Krystal said smiling bright and surprisingly showing up with Kai and Taemin, "Luyoon is coming up."

"Guys I want you guys to meet our new family members." Yoona said happily carrying Hana while Luhan held Jae. Everyone's face was filled with joy.

"Baby!" Taemin and Byul cheered. Naeun and the others were surprised and happy to see the new addition. "This is no average surprise." Kai said holding Jae's hand and he had the other on Krystal's stomach.

"This isn't even an average family, I mean have you seen us?" Luhan scoffed feeding Jae and bottle. "I make this look manly."

Naeun laughed at all their comments and quality time together. She placed her hand on Taemin's name. Each took turns talking to Taemin, and each took turns sharing what they wanted to do when Krystal's gender less child came through. Nothing is ever average when you're a part of the Royal family. "It's not your average relationship."


And that completes "Not Your Average Relationship". How was it? Thank you all for reading this story and for those who stayed with it I thank you. Did you hate it? I dont know... I just felt like... It was something that was supposed to happen. BUT sometime this summer maybe late summer, or earlier the prequel. The reason I posted the last chapter about 16 hours after I put up the other chapter was because.... I dont know I just wanted to. I am weird like that. But Yeah all of you kept saying happy ending and iim like... One more chapter. So again thank you guys so much for reading and loving this story, I had a fun time writing it and please anticipate more from me in the future.

Peace out cub scouts! And Look out for the prequel! <3 #FIGHTING!