Dream Girl

Not Your Average Relationship

"Ravi hyung, I can I dance, I can skate, I cannot dance and skate at the same time." Kai complained, Ravi had just picked him up from his usual dance practice, which was by himself at the usual dance studio. He was surrounded by Japanese fans, luckily none of then knew Korean so they couldn't understand them.

"Come on Kai you are working with one of the best ice skaters in Korea." Ravi placed his hands on Kai's shoulders shaking him.

"KIM YUNA NOONA?" Kai's face lit up as he signed a notebook.

"Anio!" Ravi whacked his friends head. The girls gasped.

"It's ok, he's my manager and friend." Kai reassured them in Japanese and smiled.

"I haven't been to Korea in a year." They walked into the private area of the ice rank. It's true, Kai made it big in Japan. He is a huge dancer very well known in Korea as well but does his activities in Japan. He kept in touch with most of the family. Besides one.

"Dude you will love her, she is amazing! There she is." Ravi pointed. Kai didn't want to look up. He didn't want to show any emotion, seeing if that could get him out of it. Kai just kept looking down on his phone seeing if there was anyone to text.

"Kai this is-" Ravi's words were cut off by the girls ice skates dropping on the floor almost hitting Kai's feet.

"Yah!" Kai shouted forgetting he wasn't in Korea. He looked at her and the anger went away. He reciprocated the girls expression. "I-I am Krystal. I am your partner. N-nice to finally meet you." She held out her hand not wanting to blink because if she did the tears would fall.

Kai had to take this all in, he wasn't mad at her anymore, but he didn't contact her because she didn't want to interfere with her Appa's plans. He needed some fresh air so he turned and walked out of the rink. 

"Kai?" He didn't turn around.

"It's been two years. Speak to me."

It took him some time to respond "Alright." He nodded and turn on his heels.

"Seriously? I can talk to you without having to run after you?" She said shocked.

"Since it's been two years I guess.
Let's go for a walk." He said casually. There was for once, an awkward silence between them.

"How have you been?" Krystal started.

"I proved my Appa wrong, and I'm here now." He smiled. She missed seeing him like that. He looked away and swallowed before he asked her, "Are you and Minhyuk married yet?"

"No, not yet, we are engaged right now," she rolled her eyes, holding up her left hand, then it hit her, "How did you know about the arranged marriage?"

"I uh kinda hid in a closet when you talked to Taemin about it while he was in a coma." Kai scratched his head.

Krystal thought hard, trying to think back to that day, "You were that thing in the closet!" She gasped.

"Kinda. That's also why I am talking to you, because I feel bad for not letting you explain yourself to me."
 
"Oh," she said and quickly tried to changed the subject but something kept bugging her, "Why didn't you keep contact with me then?"

"I didn't want to get in between something you two have."

"Well we have nothing, he's on more of a brother term with me, we settled it last year but our parents want it to happen."

"So you two have no feelings for each other?"

"No, because I still have feelings for you."

"New topic!" He smiled brightly and awkwardly. He nodded her head vigorously starting the new topic completely avoiding the last one.

"I heard there was this new artist debuting tonight."

"Yeah, he was found in a global audition in California. His debut is here in Tokyo. But he's Korean, so he's going to debut in front of Korean audience and it's going to be televised on music bank, and m countdown. You're going to that concert right?" She nodded which caused him to nod his head as well. Then his voice was filled with curiousity,  "Um anything back from..."

"No... Ever since Taemin's sudden disappearance two years ago from the hospital nothing came back to us except for his credit card bill. But the last thing we received was an ATM bill from Gangnam that withdrew almost all the money from that card, and there was over a hundred thousand won in there. But that was over a year and a half ago."

"Wait." Kai froze.

"Wae?" He looked across the street, he saw a figure with brown hair listening to music staring right at him. A bus zoomed past and he was gone. "I could of sworn I saw him."

"Who?"

"Taemin."

"Impossible, Eunhyuk has looked everywhere for him, he could never of left the country because he didn't take his passport or anything with him."

"Well if he looked everywhere and never found him, what are the chances. You know I thought I saw him in my usual dance studio."

"Yeah, we have been seeing things but it's impossible for him to be here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"EXCUSE YOU!" Yoona took a pillow next to her and started hitting Luhan repeatedly. He was currently shielding himself with a pillow trying not to fall of their bed.

"THIS IS HOW YOU WELCOME ME FROM A LONG PHOTOSHOOT! I haven't even changed out of my shorts and you tell me this!"she kept hitting him, "You haven't told your parents we're dating!" She shrieked. After the last word Luhan landed on the floor with a loud thud.

Ever since their incident two years ago they were inseparable. They told each other everything and kept no secrets from then on, so she thought. 

"Not really..." He scratched the back of his head sitting up. Luhan then fell back down as a pillow was shot at his face.

"WHAT ELSE HAVENT YOU TOLD ME?"

"Nothing."

"WHY HAVENT YOU TOLD THEM! WE HAVE BEEN DATING FOR MORE THAN FOUR YEARS! HOW THE HELL DID YOU KEEP IT FROM THEM!"

Luhan held up his index fingers with a distance between them, "Easy, we are in two different countries." He stayed on the ground expecting another pillow to be thrown.

"What about the year I was at China?"

"I kept your room locked whenever they visited. Plus I knew your schedule so I brought them over when you weren't there."

"Damn it Luhan! Do your parents still hate me?"

"Yup."

"Ok so what if I am not the house wife material your parents want you to marry! What if I didn't know you were in love with me for like seven years, what if I friend zoned you for that long. We are dating now! Your girlfriend's a model and a dancer!"

"Yeah... They find models stuck up."

"Well now since they have no idea we are dating they are finding you a WIFE! And sir I am not going to be the mistress in this relationship." She snapped her fingers while jumping on the bed.

"Babe come on, I'll fix this." Luhan said standing up one more time climbing on the bed.

"No, you sleep on the floor today! Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!" She threw more pillows at him with every dishonor.

"Yoona you are turning twenty four, stop watching Mulan."

"Yeah, you are too. You gotta get your head in the game."

"That's it. I'm deleting all the Disney movies on your laptop." Luhan said walking out of their room to look for her laptop.

"NO DONT TOUCH MY BABY!" She ran after the now running Luhan.

He grabbed her laptop of the counter top and held it up in the air.

"I get to sleep on the bed, and your movies live. Deal?"

"Put it down."

"Bed."

"Laptop."

"Let me sleep on the bed. And bring back honor to my cow." Luhan said again.

"Safety of my laptop."

"Yes."

"Deal." He handed her the laptop and she cradled it in her hands.

"I feel like you love everything more than me."

"Currently yes. Luhan I can't believe you haven't told your parents about us." She placed her laptop on the couch and crossed her arms plopping down on the couch. Luhan walked over behind her and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"I'm sorry, how about I tell them when they visit?" He looked down at her. She rested her head on the headboard of the couch and looked at his face upside down. She pouted,"Alright."

"Good." He bent down a gave her a kiss, "Now what do you want to eat?" He asked barely pulling away.

"Anything." She smiled staring back at him, "You're really ugly upside down." She held his face in her hands.

"Ah.. My girlfriend sweet as ever."

"Just stay right side up."

"You're the one upside down." Luhan grumbled walking away from her, "Turn on the TV, a new Korean idol is debuting in Japan."

"Okie dokie." Yoona grabbed a glass of water and the remote and the TV and switched it to M countdown.

"Are you all ready?" The host asked the crowd.

"NE~!" They replied as did Luyoon. 

"I wish I was an idol."

"You're a model."

"There's a difference."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That's it Naeun, perfect!" The photographer praised her, "Alright Hun that's all for today, wonderful job."

"Thanks! And that's Noona to you Zelo." She laughed. 

"When are you going back to Korea Noona?"

"Well, I'm here with Krystal as well, but she has to stay longer, so maybe a week or two. How about you?"

"A couple of days, then Photo shoot 24/7, but it's fine, I love working with Girls Generation, After School, Wonder Girls Noonas, and Super Junior, Exo, Hyungs, they are just the Best, absolutely perfect." He smiled.

"Well we are graduating next year so I don't know if we can continue traveling around." She said pulling her bag over her shoulders.

"Noona, has anything come up yet? About Taemin Hyung?"

"Nope," she puffed her cheeks, "But what's the point in giving up. He is out there somewhere, we just have to look harder." She said walking out of the building with him. It was almost sunset.

"Well, I hope you find him. I better get going, bye Noona!"

"Bye Zelo!" She waved. 

'Ah... Such a cutie.'

She pulled out her phone and contacted Krystal.

"Hello, Krys."

"No this is Kai." And the line went dead. She stared at her phone for a second and redialed her number.

"Soojung!"

"No this is Kai!" Hung up again. This time she knew they were messing with her.

"Jongin! I swear if you hang up one more time-"

"THIS IS KIM JONGKAI!" She heard laughter from the other line.

'Great... They're back together. Eh I'll be happy for them, they haven't spoken if two years.'

"Kai, what are you doing with Krystal?"

"Well you see, Ravi hyung set me up for ice dancing with this really famous young skater. And apparently it was Krys, so I decided why stay mad at her. Or hate her since I'm going to see her everyday."

"We are friends again!" She sang into the phone.

"I saw the craziest thing today Naeun, I could of sworn I saw-"

"Taemin."

"Yeah! Wait how did you know?" Kai askedz

"I swear I just saw him crossing the street. TAEMIN!" She screamed his name as loud as possible and ran in his direction but couldn't go since there was traffic. She screamed his name again. He paused for a second, looked at his phone and looked left and right but not back, and continued to walk foreward.

"Naeun, did he see you? Did he notice you?" Krystal asked as she put her phone back against her ear.

"No, he just kept walking, I guess he's to far to hear..."

"Well now we know he is in Japan!"

"But it couldn't be him, I mean we have been getting so delusional that for a second when Eunhyuk saw you on the TV he thought it was Taemin." Naeun sighed.

"It's true..." She heard Krystal backing her up, "I was ice skating once and I thought this boy was Taemin so I went up to him and gave him a hug, it was awkward."

"Key thought he saw him when he visited New York. It's probably not him." Naeun gave up, "I'm going straight to the concert ok.."

"Ok! I'll be there soon with Kai."

"Alright see you later." But she couldn't tear her eyes from the direction she thought Taemin was. She had to go that direction anyways.

She walked a normal pace to get to the center where the concert was being held at. It was 6:35 she could get there exactly at 7:00 or before. Naeun took her time taking in the fresh air of March. They were lucky they got front row seats to it.

When she got there she handed the bouncer the ticket. She went to the front and found Kai and Krystal already there. She gave her brother a quick hug and sat down. Eunhyuk surprised them when they say back down.

"Hyung! When did you get here?"

"They have a lead on Taemin. I came here because the investigators told me a guy with the same name and birthday as Taemin has been purchasing things here in Japan. I'm guessing he has a new credit card." 

"Really? That's great!"

Everyone became quiet when the host came out.

"Are you all ready?"

"NE~!" They all screamed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Taemin stuck in his beats earphones in as he stepped into the dance studio. He walked past the rooms and stopped at one. His eyes widened.

"Kai's here! Nah, I shouldn't disturb him. He probably wouldn't want me to talk to him anyways..." He shook his head and rushed into a private room. There he met up with his manager.

"Hey."

"Taeminnie!" Dara stood up and hugged him. Dara was in New York when she ran into Taemin. After that she brought Taemin to San Diego.

"Are you still thinking about her?" Dara asked him patting him on the back.

"Yeah..."

"You'll see her one day. Practice for a while but go get some air later! Your debut stage is in a couple of hours." 

"Yes Noona."

After he practiced for an hour he walked around, listening to the songs he was going to preform.

He sang walking across the street. He stopped at a cross walk, he waited a little and noticed Kai over by the ice rink. He could of sworn he was staring at him. 

'Is that Krystal? They talk?' Taemin shrugged it off and walked across the road to the other side. 'But what is she doing in Japan...'


He stopped at a coffee shop to purchase coffee and continued to walk around. He had no idea where he was walking or how long he walked for, all he knew is that he was going somewhere.

It was almost sundown when he realized his debut stage was soon. He checked his phone to see the time.

"6:30!!" He quickly sped up his pace, his music stopped to switch to the next song when he heard a muffled, "...Min!" Taemin took out his left earphone paused the music that was starting to play and looked around, he shrugged then plugged it back in and continued to walk faster.

"Dara Noona I'm sorry I'm late." He said closing the door behind him.

"No it's ok just hurry and change. Put on that homeboy muscle tee. And that beanie. I just want you to look casual." She clapped in excitement, "Cross that put this SnapBack on." She threw the beanie and placed the black SnapBack with white starts on him.

 

Just as he switched his shoes the announcer was introducing him.

"Are you all ready?"

"NE~!"

"Give it up for Lee Taemin!" The crowd screamed with excitement as he waved at the crowd and smiled.


Yoona stared at the TV and dropped her glass causing it to shatter and spill everywhere.

"What happened? Why wha- holy !"


Naeun froze in her spot when she heard his name. Kai was now alert as ever eyes wide screaming WHAT! While Krystal say back down staring at the floor. Eunhyuk was staring at him with awe.

"Are they talking about a different one?" Krystal asked over the screaming girls.

"No." Naeun squeaked pointing to the stage.

"Anyeonghaseyo! I am Lee Taemin!" Making the girl scream louder. The song began playing and four back up dancers came out.

eodiseobuteo sijakdwaetneunji 
geuge jungyohan ge anya
jigeum nae nunen neomu wanbyeokhan 
ne moseubman boineun geol

"That's Taemin." Kai stated.

"Same moves, same voice." Krystal stared in aw.

"Same guy. But why hasn't he contacted us?" Naeun did not take her eyes off of him. 

"He's... An idol now..." Eunhyuk mumbled.

Dream Girl sone jabhil deut jabhiji anhneun
Dream Girl maeil bam ireohge neol gidaryeo
Dream Girl dalkomhi sarangeul soksagigo
achimi dwemyeon sarajil Dream Girl

After he sang the last Dream girl he looked at the front row and saw Naeun. His eyes went huge that he almost stumbled but it wasn't noticeable, but he always makes this face when he messes up and Kai, his brother, Krystal and Naeun caught it.

The song ended receiving an eruption of cheers.

"He will be back to sing a song he composed in a little bit but how about that! Wasn't he something!" 

Taemin rushed off the stage, "Taemin what's the rush where are you going?" Dara asked.

"I found her." 

He walked out into the crowd, the fans noticed and began screaming. Luckily there were security guards to block him. He went up to Naeun, Kai and Krystal and received a huge hug from Naeun. 

"Where the hell have you been!"

"Uh on stage. You have been in my dreams."

"Really! You have been in mine too! Because you haven't contacted us!"

"Oh well I can't." 

"Why not?"

"Yeah dude come on."

"Listen I don't want to sound creepy but you have seriously been in my dreams for the past two years."

Naeun blushed a little and smiled.

"What's your name?" Taemin smiled.

Crack. Her heart started racing she looked into his eyes for some kind of playfulness but found nothing.

"What." She choked out.

"Come on Taemin don't play games."

"What games? I know you are Kai because you are a dancer, and Krystal's because she is an ice skater." His voice was serious. 

Eunhyuk who couldn't hear a word they were saying went up his brother and gave him a hug. "You have had us all worried sick!"

"Who are you?"

Crack. More pain went to Naeun's heart and now Eunhyuk's, Kai's and Krystal's.

"What do you mean who am I?" Eunhyuk pulled away.

"I mean, who are you? I have no idea who you are." Taemin shook his head. There was a hint of fear in his eyes.

"Taemin come on you're on again!" Dara waved to him.

"I have to go. It was great meeting you four I guess." He smiled and ran back onto the stage.

"There is no way that's Lee Taemin." Krystal pointed to him.

"Uh, this song... I don't really know, I started singing it two years ago and my manager told me she has never heard of this song so I guess I wrote a song without even knowing it." He chuckled as did the crowd.

neoreul johahandaneun geu mareul
chama hal su eobseosseo

"No, no, no ,no! This is not Lee Taemin. That is not the guy who loves me. That-" she cut herself off with another train of thought "Is the song he wrote for me..." She heard the chorus which he always sang for her.
 
She listen intently to the lyrics.

I stay with you
I stay with you
eotteongeotdo neol daesinhal su eobseo
Cause I love you gidaryeojwo
nae mam jeonhaejulkke

"He finished the song... But who is it for now?" She turned to Kai. He looked at her with worry. The crowd once again applauded his performance.

"Wow! Taemin we have some questions to ask you."

"Alrighty!" He beamed doing a little dance as Dara joined him on stage.

"When did you first start dancing and singing?"

Taemin thought hard on this. Everyone was waiting for his answer especially the four in the front row.

"To be honest," he started, "I don't know."

"Excuse me..." Eunhyuk told the trio as he left the concert area. He was hurt.

"Uh, can you explain, why don't you tell us your whole story."

"Uh alright. This is weird, telling everyone about my life but, I only recall two years of my life." He confessed earning 'Aws' from the audience.

"I had this dream where, I was being kept from going places. But then this girl. The Dream girl. My dream girl, let me go out there and discover and travel. But since it was a dream I woke up. I woke up in a hospital."

There were some gasps and sniffs.

"I really didn't know what was going on, why I was there or for how long, but knowing that I could be somewhere else doing something, I didn't want to waste time. So I left."

"No contact with your family, friends? Didn't inform them?"

"Sir... I don't know my family or friends. I just left Seoul and a nice Taxi driver took me to Busan because I just asked him to take me away from Seoul."

"WAH... Busan is basically on the other side of South Korea! He drove you all the way there!"

"Well yes, but I will never forget what he told me. He said the only reason he would travel such a distance because he saw potential, he this burning flame in me that wouldn't stop trying at something if it meant killing me."

"Do you still keep in touch with him? The taxi driver."

"Yes I actually do. When I'm traveling around Korea he drives me places. And when I'm in Seoul, like I said I went around, I would stay with him. I treat him like my dad. When I am not in Korea I call him tell him I'm fine. And stuff like that. Busan is where I learned that I was an amazing dancer. I didn't know how much was on the card I was carrying, so I found many ways to earn money. I joined a dance competition and won by a land slide. So I danced on the streets earning money as I traveled around South Korea, spending as little as possible on the card. But then I went to an ATM and found out I was rich." 

His comment caused people to laugh.

"I didn't have a passport or anything. All I had was my drivers license and a suitcase full of clothes I bought. So I went and got myself a passport and a one way ticket and I flew to New York."

"Wow...."

"That's where I found him. I came off the same plane as him. At first I didn't know if he was Korean but when I heard him say 'where the hell do I go now?' In Korean I couldn't just leave him. I took him as my little brother, and took him to San Diego a week later." Dara said. 

"When were you last in Korea and where?"

"About a year and a half ago... And I went from Gangnam to Incheon to fly to New York."

"And now you are here." The host smiled at him and Taemin just nodded in response, "Wait, so you have no recollection of what happened before you awoke from the hospital."

"No sir. I do not remember a thing. And I intend to keep it that way."

There were some murmurs going around while Naeun couldn't even blink.

"And why is that? You don't want to remember your family and friends?"

"It would be nice yes. But the fact that I don't remember them and that I literally got up and left the hospital, no ifs or buts I don't think they would want to see me. They are probably furious with me and scold me, but I do not know who they are."

"Do you plan on going back to Korea?"

"Of course, I am going there very soon. There I will I guess promote and spend time with Dara Noona and Ho Dong Ajusshi." Taemin smiled.

"Who is Ho Dong?"

"Oh that's the Taxi Driver who drove me and Dara." He held his hands over his manager.

"Last question for now, would you take the chance to remember who you were back then?"

"Why remember the past when you can just keep moving forwards. Your goals are in front of you, not behind you."
 


Another update! Yay! did you guys like this chapter? Idk if you guys saw that I updated last night less than like twelve hours ago but dont forget to read that one! You might have to wait till next week for the next chapter. Becuase all these chapters were already written ahead of time. So lol Taemin can't remember anything! But this time his mind is completely wiped. Lol some of you probably hate my guts!  Anyways I'm also starting to write my other one so it will take much longer to update. Will you guys read it? Anyways sorry for any mistakes all these updated have been on my phone which is really difficult. But comment and subscribe please!