Father knows best

Not Your Average Relationship

"Does he remember anything yet?" Naeun asked Krystal through the phone. Naeun was holding two newspapers. One for her and she placed the other one in her dad's office where he was working.

"Anio... I don't know if he's refusing or not." Krystal sighed.

"Well we have three and a half weeks left! - OMO!" Naeun gasped.

"Wae! Naeun what's wrong?" Krystal asked.

"Krys... When was the last time you read the newspaper?" 

"I don't know, last week."

"Breaking news: Ice Skater Krystal Jung Cheating on Fiancé business Leader Minhyuk with World Famous Dancer Kai." Naeun said through the phone reading the headlines.

"WHAT!" Krystal ran outside and took the newspaper from the driveway. There on the front cover there were various pictures of them. There was a photo of them walking together on the streets of Tokyo, her and Kai in front of the SM building, they holding hands at the airport and them in his Camaro together and on the other side of the photo was a photo of her and Minhyuk.

"Oh no. Oh no oh no..." 

"Are you on Krys?"

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!" Krystal heard a guy scream in the background.

"Uh oh..." Naeun said under her breath, "Appa read the newspaper."

"KIM ING JONGIN HERE! NOW!" His father roared.

"I'll call you back..." Naeun hung up and hid behind a corner.

"It’s like ten in the morning... I don't leave till Sunday," Kai mumbled coming out of his room, "Why do you insist on giving me a middle name?"

"What the hell is this?" 

"Is it newspaper with comics on it?"

"I meant the front cover." He held it out to Kai, "Read it."

"Alright... Breaking News: Ice Skater Krystal Jung Cheating on Fiancé business Leader Minhyuk with World Famous Dancer Kai." He said normally. He looked up at his dad but then his eyes widened realizing what he just read out loud, "BWO!" Kai flipped open to the page.

"Turns out our ice princess Jung Krystal who is a former trainer of Korea's Ice Skating Queen Kim Yuna doesn't just have one but two guys. Last year it was revealed that Jung was engaged to the Young Business leader Kang Minhyuk, but when she was in Japan to meet her new ice skating partner, it turned out to be the striking dance prince Kai. That's a pretty good title right Appa?" Kai smiled trying to lighten the mood, but his face was still furious, "No? Ok..." Kai kept the smile on his face but looked back down at the paper and continued to read.

"It seems like they both became close in a minimum amount of time since they were caught laughing and walking together. They were first spotted together with young Model Son Naeun at the showcase for the new star Lee Taemin who is causing some controversy as well (see page 49) can we see page 49?"

"No."

"It seems from there their relationship grew. They landed in Korea last week and Kai surprised as by lying on the ground. Jung supposedly helped him up but never once let go of his hand. Everyone expected them to part ways but it was seen that both got into Kai's Red Camaro. They both went to the SM building with his sister, the dancing queen of Seoul Kim Hyoyeon-"

"Excuse me? Dancing queen?" His dad questioned. Hyoyeon was walking out of her room but she heard the words dancing queen then quickly turned around and went back into her room.

"You should go talk to her." Kai suggested.

"I will, after you, finish reading.” Mr. Kim stated.

"It seems as if Jung was openly cheating on Kang. The photos both have together look always so serious and cold and with one or the others parents, rarely have they been seen alone. But with Kai she seems happy. Neither party has responded to this scandal." Kai read the last part slowly.

"Kai, I gave you privileges of letting you pursue the career you wanted. It was success. But you cannot interfere with someone else's decisions. And get into these kinds of scandals!" He took the newspaper and threw it on the desk. 

"Appa, I don't have to let you know who I'm associated with do I." Kai said standing up to his dad.

"Kai I wouldn't care who you fell in love with. If you're happy I am happy. But you cannot go stealing a girl that is engaged."

"Neither of them wants to get married! Krystal doesn't want to marry him and he doesn't want to her." 

"It's not her I'm worried about, it's Soojung's dad. When it comes to business no one will stand in his way."

"But Krystal doesn't get married!"

"Don't tell me you still have feelings for her." His dad scoffed.

"Yes. I do. And yes we are in a relationship." Kai raised his eyebrow.

"End it."

"You have no control over me anymore. I'm twenty one."

"Kai, please, just leave her."

"WHAT WILL YOU BENEFIT IF I DO?" Kai screamed at him.

“KAI!” His father yelled.

“WHAT!” Kai’s voice was much louder. His voice caused the house to go dead silent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Appa?" Krystal said quietly when her dad was walking out of their house with a suit on. He just looked at her, sighed and left. Krystal sat there is silence for about ten minutes.

"Where is he going?" Krystal turned and asked her mom who was walking down the stairs.

"I don't know, but knowing him... He's going to settle the situation." Mrs. Jung sighed, "Krystal, you should of been more careful. Are you two in a relationship?"

"What if I was?" 

"What about Minhyuk?" 

"Minhyuk doesn't want to get married either."

"Turn on the TV, let's wait for the interview with your Appa."

"... Arrived to talk about the scandal his daughter Krystal, has gotten into." The reporter said to the camera. The scene changed to Mr. Jung.

"My daughter Krystal is engaged to young business leader Kang Minhyuk. Their marriage is still going on. The photos that were taken of her and Kai are not fake. But those two are not in a relationship. They are simply close friends. Both have known each other since they were in Kindergarten and have not seen each other in two years so they of course are catching up. Kai and Krystal have a very close bond. In conclusion my daughter is not having an affair with Kai. Thank you." Mr Jung stated and walked off.

"Well there you have it, it's also rumored that the richest Chinese ambassadors are here in Seoul visiting their son whose identity we do not know of-" Krystal turned off the TV.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can you sit still?" Luhan asked Yoona. She was sitting on the couch waiting for Luhan's parents to get home.

"No I cannot sit still, I'm about to meet your parents that hate my guts."

“That isn’t going to stop us from being together.”

“Yeah, but you never not listen to your mom-“ her thoughts were cut off when the door opened and Chinese words were coming from the door.

"Luhan! I have found you a wife! She will be over soon. My you will love her! I know you don't want to marry a Chinese, and you are interested in Korean woman-" his mother was interrupted by her sons voice.

"Mom, I told you I have a girlfriend." Luhan crossed her arms.

"Who? I have certainly not met her yet."

"Yoona." He motioned to the living room.

"Her? This twig is your girlfriend?" Her mother said shocked.

"Yeah..."

"So, after all those years Luhan had been interested in you, you finally decide to be with him. What do you do for a living?"

"I'm a model and a dancer." Yoona stated.

"Where do you live?"

"She lives with me. Here." Luhan answered.

"SHE LIVES WITH YOU? Well how come I have never seen her around?" His mother motioned around the house.

"Yoona has been staying with her friend giving you and dad some space."

"How long have both of you been together?"

"Four years." She simply answered.

"So why did you all of a sudden decide to be with him huh?" Luhan's mom tried.

"Mom." Luhan shook his head.

"Because I remember Luhan being upset whenever you got a new boyfriend." She hissed at Yoona.

"Mom."

"Is it because of his wealth?"

"Mom, stop."

"Is it because you know what family he comes from? Is it because you found out he is a-"

"MOM!" Luhan's voice roared.

"Oh..." His mother smirked at both, "She still doesn't know does she? Keeping secrets Luhan?"

"Mom, whoever is coming over, tell her to go home. I'm not getting married to someone I don't know, especially when I am already in a relationship." 

"But then why haven't you told her?" 

"I haven't told anyone."

"Told anyone what?" Yoona stood up.

"Luhan, is the son of the richest family in China. Also known as the one out the two unknown princes."

"You're the son of the richest Chinese ambassadors?" Yoona said in shock, "Does that mean Lay-"

"Is the other one." His mother said nonchalantly.

"I didn't want to tell you so I wouldn't feel like a Chinese prince." Luhan admitted.

"Well we are having a press conference and are going to show everyone out hidden princes."

"Why?"

"Why not? Oh look she is here!" His mom excitedly went to the door. 

"Mom I told you I'm not getting married to some random girl."

"Give her a chance and you know her."

"Who?" Yoona asked grabbing Luhan's arm.

"Chorong! She will be living with us for now."

Yoona's eyes glared at the smiling girl. She was about to charge at her until Luhan picked Yoona up by her waist and carried her out of the room.

"YOUR MOM PICKED HER OUT OF ALL THE ING GIRLS IN THIS ING WORLD!" Yoona screamed at him.

"Yoona they're going to hear you." 

"I DONT GIVE A ! I WOULD HAVE BEEN OK WITH E!"

"Well you're pretty damn close to one." Chorong said. Yoona was about to slap her but Luhan grabbed her hands and calmed her down.

"Hey ignore her ok. Don't drop to her level." Luhan looked her into her eyes and kiss her forehead.

"Luhan, you can't go kissing her since I'm going to be your wife." Chorong smiled.

"Where are you sleeping?" Luhan asked her through gritted teeth.

"She will be sleeping with you since she's yours." His mom informed them.

"Luhan." Yoona warned him.

"Mom no, Yoona sleeps with me."

"You guys aren't even married. I need you to leave my son."

"No!"

"Excuse me and why not?"

"Because unlike you I know what love actually is." Yoona hissed.

"Either way, these two will get married." Luhan's dad said walking in.

"So what am I supposed to be the third wheel? I am not breaking up with Luhan."

"And I am not allowing you two to continue this relationship. Luhan never disobeys. Isn’t that right?”

"Luhan are you not going to defend me?" Yoona stared at him in disbelief. There was no response. Yoona shook her head with a hurtful expression on her face. She looked back at the Chorong and his parents. Luhan was avoiding eye contact. 

"I can't believe this..." Yoona whispered. She grabbed her bag off the counter top, "I'll see you tomorrow." She said with no emotions.

"Yoona wait-" 

"Anio, spend time with your future wife." She said dully.

"Yoong, you live here." Luhan said blankly.

"I'll come back later." She slammed the door behind her causing the chandelier to shake.

"Chorong, I'm not marrying you."

"Get to know her. Give her time to show you how good of a wife she can be." His dad reasoned.

"But I do know her." Luhan snapped.

"Don't use that tone with me. I'm doing what is best for you. She is staying here whether you like it or not. Your dad and I will be staying at a hotel so you both can get used to each other. Chorong can prove that she is better than Yoona. We are announcing the wedding in two months. And that is final.”

“I thought you cared about my happiness!”

“I do, that’s why we are doing this.” His father said.

“But I don’t want this to happen! I won’t be happy!” Luhan tried to reason.

“Luhan just give me a chance.” Chorong grabbed his arm, “If she loved you, why did she just walk out?”

“Because all of you are crazy.” Luhan stated.

“Two months, that’s the engagement is being announced and next week is when you come out as our son. That’s final.” His dad settled.


Sorry about the short chapter... I have been pretty brain dead especially when i have exams starting next week. hopefully on my down time i can write the chapters. No Taeun in this one since, idk i cant really think of things. BUT marriage is a huge thing that is going on with Kaistal and Luyoon. Ok I promise i will try to make the next chapters over three thousand words.deal??? Ok i will make that deal with myself. but i am legit inwardly DYING!!!! because of Overdose! IT IS SUCH AN AMAZING SONG!!!! Anyways I need sleep....

Comment and subscribe!!!!