Life at its Best

Not Your Average Relationship

'Such a beautiful morning...' 

Naeun walked towards her usual Korean Cafe to meet with her brother Key. When she was sixteen she moved to the United States with her brother Key to do an internship for a modeling company. It has been two years now and she has been getting ready to leave since her internship is over.

She steppped into the Cafe to see her brother walking to a table with a guy already sitting there. The guy had dark hair and earphones in his ears. She walked over and greeted Key with her bubbly personality.

"Kibummie! How's life doing you?"

"Oh! You're here early!" He said as he gave Naeun a hug. The boy looked up and took out one side of his earphone and saw his friend hugging a girl.

"Key has a girlfriend?" The boy quesitoned .

"Pabo this is my sister." Key hissed. His friend just tilted his trying to process it.

"Jinjja? I thought you just had Hyo noona and jongin?"

'Aish this stupid slow idiot'  was all Key could think.

Naeun saw the boy from the corner of her eye 'Where have i seen his face before? He must be close since he calls Kai by his real name and calls Hyoyeon noona Hyo.'

Key rolled his eyes "Naeun." he put emphasis on Naeun's name and saw his eyes widen, "Here is some money go buy some food." He said handing her ten dollars.

"Thanks oppa! Oh how rude of me I forgot to introduce myself!" She turned a faced Key's friend."Annyeonghaseyo Son Naeun." She held her hand out.

'It's her'

"Taemin." After they shook hands she skipped happily to the line.

"Sorry i had no idea it was her! I only saw the back of her head! Is this whre you are keeping her from me?" He said in chinese just in case Naeun over heard them talking.

"We arent keeping her from you! She is here for an internship not to run away from you. She doesnt remember you!" He shot back in chinese as well. Key forgot how sensitve that topic was on Taemin too. "Look I'm sorry. But it is not our fault. It happened two years ago what can we do? Trust me, if anything all of us would want to undo that day."

"So even after two years she still doesnt remember her freshman or sophmore year in highschool? Any of it?"

"Nope sorry bro." Key said while patting Taemin's shoulders. "What do you expect nothing here is like Korea so she probably wouldnt remember anyhting being here anyways."

Taemin sighed, "Why did our relationship have such bad timing?"

"It's ok man," Key said going back to korean "What time are you heading back to Seoul?"

"About four hours, everything is in the car so i dont need to do much effort, how about you? Planning on visiting us in Korea anytime soon?"

"Maybe I'll have to see."

"Ok well I should just leave now. Take care Kibum."

"Will do, and tell my idiot siblings to visit me not the other way around!"

Taemin was walking towards the exit when Naeun's voice stopped him.

"Wait a second, I think I remember you!"


"JONGIN! I do not want to!" Krystal complained as she was in the midst of watching reruns of pretty little liars.

"Soojung! Please! You and her have basically the same brain! She is getting here tomorrow and her party is on Saturday!" Kai begged her.

"I don't even know her!" Kai and Krystal have know each other for over ten years now and this is the first time hearing about this Son Naeun.

"Everyone knows who Naeun is but you! Even Yoona noona knows who she is!"

"Oh don't you dare bring unnie into this, that is not fair becuase her and SoShi knows everybody!"

"Just help me! I havent seen her in a year, I owe her."

Krystal turned and looked at Kai with an icey glare "What is your relationship with her anyways?" just as he was about to answer she cut him off, "Nevermind let's just get this over with." Krystal could feel jealously rise in her.

' I broke up with him i do not care, we are just best friends and that is it.'

Krystal got up and changed into a nice turquoise blue color flannel with jeggings and black combat boots. "Now we are both wearing flannel."she said since Kai was wearing a black yellow and white flannel with jeans as well (A/N: Like what he wore on Exo's Showtime episode 8). "Now come on." She said while grabbing his arm and dragging her out of his house. Even though they were rich there were some days they didnt want to dress up and look rich, which was most of the time.

On the trip to the mall it was silent. Not an awkward one it was more comfortable feeling. Until Kai broke the silence.

"Are you goin Saturday?" He asked without removing his eyes from the road. 

"Ummm, what kind of party is it? Is it a princessy, long dresses Golden Disks award event?"

"Cocktail party."

"Ahhh, so short dresses, bragging buisnesses, fake laughter, dirty dancing and drunk woman holding their heels in one hand and a maragrita in the other?" Krystal asked already knowing the answer.

"Yup. So basically its like you, Hyoyeon Noona, Sunny Noona at last months Christmas party?" Kai smirked.

"Ding Ding Ding! You got it!" snapping her fingers with every ding and with both of them laughing as they remembered how drunk everyone got last cocktail party his parents threw.

"Don't forget how drunk Yoona Noona was."

"Yah!" she playfully slapped him, "She was lonely and there dont blame her, everywhere she looked there was a relationship."

"So every glass for every couple?" Kai raised his eyebrows glancing at Krystal for a momment then going back to the road.

"Psh... probably." Krystal gave in, "And I am almost positive she asked for a shot everytime some asked her where Luhan was."

"Hyung felt bad!"

"Whatever. Anyways seriously how come I never met this Naeun girl?"

"She has been a family friend for a long time, plus she went to a different school than us but she transfered to our highschool her freshman year."

"But I was only gone two years- oh right she is in America! you told me about her being in America for a year why is she there?"

"Actually she was there for two years that's why you didnt meet her because the day you got back was the day she left for a modeling internship."

"Wow, she must be pretty. I can not wait to meet her." they parked in the parking garage since it was dark and nobody could hopefully see the red camero.

They were walking through the mall together but if you werent really close friends with them you would of suspected them to be dating. Even though rich families such as Krystal's and Kai's are very well known their faces are not since they do not go for many photoshoots. But people around know them as Kai and Krystal not ask Soojoung and Jongin.

They entered a clothing store to look for Naeun's gift. "Jongin come to the back I think this is where they sell my mom's line of clothes." There was a whole section blocked off for the brand named  JAY.

"What is her favorite color?"

"Pink."

"Is she girly,or is she like Amber? Or is she inbetween?"

"She is the fourth biggest girl i have ever met!"

"Who is top three?"

"Jessica, you and Tiffany." he said without hesitation. She thought about it for a second.

"I cant not agree with you." She nodded her head when she went back to searching for clothes "What about this?" pulling out a pink dress.

"Yes! I should go pay."

"Nope i got you. I can get a discount." She winked

"Annyeonghaseyo." Krystal smiled at the cashier., she looked about 27 and snotty

"Hi, wow this is a very nice dress." she looked at it and looked back at Krystal and what she was wearing. "Don't you think this is out of your price range? Did you look at the price tag?"

"Why would I? My mom owns this brand so I could care less." Krystal rolled her eyes and placed her credit card on the counter. 

"Oh please, you the daughter of a Jung? Sure you have the same last name, does not mean you are related to her. Are you Jessica? or Krystal? No sweetie your name is Soojung." The cashier smiled a  fake one. Kai could only laugh to himself and think one thing 'She is doing this again'

"You must be stupid." Krystal simply stated.

"Security." she called. Two large men appeared in front of them. "Is there a problem miss?" one of them asked the cashier but Krystal responded.

"Yes she was treating me with disrespect, and she would not accept my credit card and would not let me show my ID." Krystal stated before pulling out three different cards. "This is my credit card, drivers licenses and my company ID." She put emphasis on the word company. "So i do not understand why she called security when I can get you fired." It was indeed hers and a photo of her on JAY company card.

"Sorry for your inconvenience Ms Jung." the two security guards bowed and went back to the front of the store. After the security guards left the manager of the store came out.

"Ms. Lee what is this commotion about?" The manager asked.

"I was trying to purchase a dress and she accused me of faking my ID, even though she didnt check my ID." Krystal said while handing her company ID to the manager.

"You treated a customer with disrespect? Not just any customer the DAUGHTER of one of the TOP designers in Korea!" He yelled.

"I didnt know. It will not happen again."

"It will not, you're fired." The woman was shocked but walked to the back to get her stuff. The manager instead put the dress in a bag and just handed Krystal the dress. "Free of charge Ms. Jung, on my behalf I apologize." he bowed.

"It's ok Ajusshi, all is forgiven" she said as she grabbed Kai's arm she saw Ms. Lee walking from the back, "And by the way, Soojung means Crystal in Korean.You should know that" She informed as she dragged Kai away from the store.

"Krystal you got someone fired." Kai nagged then added "Again."

"Kai how many times have I done that?" She asked while swinging the bag back and forth.

"I dont know over ten."

"Exactly, and that is only the second person who has gotten fired, because she was rude and judgemental the rest were very open minded."

"Touche."


They almost reached Krystal's house when Kai spoke up "Oh right dont forget to bring a plus one to the party, she suggests it, it could be anyone sister, brother, friend, girlfriend or boyfriend."

Krystal groaned "Kai cant you just be my plus one?"

"Nope, it was short notice so Naeun asked since she won't no a lot of people there."

"Oh ok, then I guess I will just have to find one..." she sighed.

They got to the front of her house and saw three cars parked on the driveway. Krystal sighed, Kai knew what was going to happen as well. 

"I will stay and help clean." He said as he got out of the car with Krystal. They found Girls Generation scattered around the living room area. Taeyeon was on the arm chair texting, Sunny, Tiffany and Jessica were on the couch. Tiffany and Jessica had their legs crossed and were sitting on opposite ends of the couch while sunny was lying down with her head on Jessica's lap and her feet on Tiffany's. Sooyoung and Yoona were on the last couch with Sooyoung lounging on the couch while hugging a pillow and Yoona was sitting upside down wwith her feet up on the wall and her head at the edge of the couch letting her hair touch the floor. While the rest of the girls sprawled on the floor playing rock paper scissors over who gets to pick what movie they watch. They were all in their PJ's which for them was a pair of fuzzy pants and a tank top. They all heard the door close but all knew who entered.

"Hey Baby Jung."

"Why do you guys never come one at a time?"

"We are like a pack," Yuri said making claws "We are one!" They all screamed simultaneously.

"YAH!" Kai pointed his fingers towards them "We say that, not you guys."

"Whatever. Anyways since Jess is heading for the states we are having our last get together."  Yoona explained

"Well ya... Hey where Seo unnie?"

"She is with Yonghwa Oppa." Sooyoung said. Yoona's phone began to ring.  Her heart rate was slowly increasing. What should she do. Should she ignore it or answer.

Yoona flipped over "I'm just going to take this ok." She walked out to the balcony.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Yoona. I need to tell you something."

"Luhan can we not talk now-"

"Yoong you have been avoiding my calls for the past 2 weeks."

"It's Jessica's last day before she goes to America so please stop calling,Oppa please." Yoona begged her voice was shakey and he could clearly hear it even though she tried to not let it show.

"fine but I won't stop calling. I do not understand why you would because you wont tell me but please just don't cry." He sighed then he hung up. Yoona placed her hands on the railing trying to support herself from falling on the floor. She took a deep breath and blinked away the tears she could feel coming and walked back inside since it was cold and all she was wearing was a white tank top and fuzzy pink pajama pants.

She smiled at the scene she saw before her when she walked back inside, Kai was at the kitchen washing the dishes watching the girl screaming in the living room since there is no walls and doors separating the big kitchen and big living room from each other. And in the living room you could see Krystal being sat on by Sooyoung, Sunny, Tiffany and Jessica.  

"TAKE IT BACK!" The four girls yelled at Krystal.

"I CANT BREATHE! This just proves that you all are fat asses!" She screamed the last part in a high pitched voice.

"Guys get off of her." Yoona laughed as she pulled them off of her. When they finally got off and Krystal could breathe she asked "Hyo unnie, is Super junior coming as well?" 

"Nope, they went to pick up your boyfriend at the airport and then they are heading to the club they are booked to preform at."

"He is not my boyfriend!"

"He is not her boyfriend!"

Krystal and Kai said at the same time. Krystal turned and faced Kai. 

"Ooooooooo!" The girls looked back and forth from each other and back and forth from Kai and Krystal.

"there is some tension!" Sooyoung and Yoona kept hitting each other's arms out of the excitement, while Hyoyeon and Yuri were jumping up and down in their seats and Taeyeon, Sunny,Tiffany and Jessica were elbowing each other laughing while continuing the 'ooooo's'.  Yoona's phone rang again.

"Oh Jongdae what's up? Yes your sister is here. Is that i- ANI! Ani, I did not break up with Luhan yet. What are you talking about? I don't know if I will yet? Yes there is a 'yet' there? I don't know if there is an option of breaking up with him. Ani-no. no. NO!" All were surprised at Yoona's sudden english. She rarely speaks english even though she is very good.

"CHEN STOP TALKING TO ME AND TALK TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND!" there was a pause in Yoona's rant but it continued. "Chen I love you to death your voice is from heaven above but really Luhan's and my relationship is none of your business. How did you even know we talked? Yea uhuh...Really you took it from 'oh he is ignoring my texts so I'll just accusing his girlfriend' I wish you luck when Taeyeon screams in your ear when she goes back to your guys house."

Yoona hung up the phone and turned to Taeyeon "I really love your brother but he needs to stay away from my relationship!" Yoona sighed and then turned to her again "Oh also he called you a tone deaf dwarf."

"Jinjja! This little ugly troll! What the hell does Luna see in him?" She grabbed her phone headed outside and called Chen.

"Oh great  a text. And it's from the Chinese Canadian!" She read the text out loud "Yoona, I'm worried about Luhan. So here is a poem I asked Amber to write you, 'Luyoon forever, but still Krisber is better, please stay together.'"

"I honestly thought that was a cute poem."  Yuri said swaying back and forth.

"I agree." Taeyeon said walking back into the house.

"oh look who's calling me,Lay." She unlocked her phone "Yes Lay." She said putting him on speaker so she won't have to explain everything later."

"Luhan has been down lately and his heart has been- pfft hold on i cant do this I am going straight to the point. He at dancing now! He is always off by a beat and he is not putting everything he has into it he is dancing like Jessica but on an OK day." Lay explained in Chinese.

"Yah! Yixing are you calling me a bad dancer!? News flash unicorn I'm a singer and model, dancing is not in my forte!" Jessica screamed. 

"Oh I'm on speaker. Jessica can understand chinese?"

"I'm not stupid!" Jessica replied but in english.

"Sorry Jessica but it is true, you are not bad you are just lazy."

"Sorry he isnt doing good, but couldnt you be a bit more considerate to him?"

"WE HAVE COMPETITION TOMORROW MORNING DON'T DO THIS TO ME YOONA!"

"Sorry Lay, i can't do anything about it, plus it is none of your buisness about what is going on between Luhan and I. Did he put you up to this?" Yoona continued

"Um sure yeah let's go with that." In the distance you could hear a door close and someone speaking in chinese "Lay who are you talking to?"

"Nobody..." then the line went dead. "I bet five dollars that was Luhan and Lay didnt ask to call." Sunny raised her hand.

"It doesnt take a genius to figure that out." Tiffany said but then stood up and held her phone up. "Oh look, my child Tao just sent me a text. It says 'play this for Yoona' -love a desperate Unicorn and a Confused Panda. Aw Exo M is teaming up on you!" 

"Wait play what?" Krystal ran towards the phone. When she pressed play a piano started to play and they knew exactly what song it was. They all turned to Kai, he knew what was coming.

"DANCE, DANCE, DANCE, DANCE!" They chanted around him as he was sitting on the couch laughing. He looked over and Krystal who was just smiling since it was her favorite song. He suddenly lifted his hand and played a couple of notes on an invisble piano in the air. "YAY!!!" Everyone was excited because he began as to dance when Luhan's then Chen's voice was heard. When the song drew near to the chorus they all turned to Yoona who was sitting on the couch and screamed the Chorus. "SO BABY DONT CRY! TONIGHT! DANG HEIYE ZAICI LIANG QI LAI!"

"SHUT UP! Aigoo life hates me!" Yoona screamed trying to hold in her laughter. But they still continued "BABY DON'T CRY TONIGHT! JIU DANG ZUO MEI FASHENGGUO YI YANG!"

"I hate all of you so much." She said as they continued to . Kai then had to announce something"It's ok noona, but guys I'll see you tomorrow I have to go beofore umma has a heart attack." He directed the last staement to his sister, "Bye Seoyeon noona have a safe flight." He said as Jessica gave him a hug "Hyo noona are you coming with me tomorrow?"

"After school Jonginnie."

"BYE KAI!" all shouted at the same time.

"Annyeong Sonyeo Shidae!" He waved and walked out of the house.


First Chapter DONE!!! YAY! so what did you guys think? Kinda long right? Sorry! And for all my fellow Taeunians out there there will be more to come because i know they didnt get much this chapter. There was some Kaistal here and there but I had fun writing the parts with EXO M it was fun! but yup a lot of Exoyoong though. And Jessica will be back later in the story. If you have any questions feel free to ask me! Dont forget to subscribe or leave a comment!