first things first

chubby honey bunny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

chb: first things first re: baby and first date (i actually don't know which one's the title help)
yunho/jaejoong
slice of life, fluff / pg13 / oneshot
Continuation of First Time.


note: past is when yunho was a stud muffin until he found out about his condition. present is during the time when the couple met minseok and yoosu and everyone else. future is three years after that, when minseok is already eight years old... and the years after that.

this particular oneshot wasn't written by me. the one before this was actually an interactive fic that i posted on lj and i asked demonshide7 to make a oneshot out of what she wrote on my fic :) so yes, this is chapter is written by her, not me. and it's so good so enjoy it please!




 

 

present

     

Minseok chose that moment to enter. He heard some of what his Papa had said.

"I already have one, Papa!" Minseok declared.

Yunho turned his face to look at the 6 year old. "You have what, baby?" Yunho asked, his hands still rubbing Jaejoong's back.

"A girlfriend."

Jaejoong wailed. Yunho beckoned the child to him. The boy went closer. Yunho knelt in front of Minseok. "Who is she, baby?"

"It's the lady at the place you got me from! But she told me to be happy. I think I also got my first break up," Minseok thought.

"What? How dare she!?!" Jaejoong exclaimed. "Come to Papa, baby." Jaejoong knelt next to Minseok and embraced the boy and showered him with kisses. "She's going to regret breaking up with you!" he murmured against the boy's hair.

"Seokki, the next girlfriend you get has to be at least as pretty as Papa, okay?" Yunho advised.

Minseok giggled as his Papa planted kisses along his neck. "That's okay, Daddy. I'll just take Papa as my next girlfriend!"

Following the declaration of Minseok, who was currently five. Yunho can only shake his head.  How is he supposed to compete with his son? 

“Mama,” Minseok pulled at his shirt.  “Do you think Papa will like these? I heard that if you give flowers to someone, they’ll become your girlfriend.”

Minseok had pulled some dandelion flowers from the field they were currently walking in.  Yunho frowned. 

“They’re weeds, baby,” Yunho said.  “Are you feeling itchy?”

“No, Mama,” Minseok said.  “But these are such pretty flowers, Mama.  Look!  They’re bright and yellow!  It’ll make Papa happy!”

Yunho wanted to lie, he really did.  Because he was sure the even if they’re weeds, Jaejoong would be ecstatic to receive the flowers from Minseok.

Then he had a brilliant idea.

“Okay, Seokkie, go ahead and give that to Papa, I’m sure he’ll love it,” Yunho said.

They finished their daily walk, one prescribed by Jaejoong so that Yunho will get some more exercise. Before they arrived home, Yunho and Minseok went inside a store.

“Mama, what are we doing here?”  Minseok asked.

“Well, baby, you’re giving Papa flowers which really, a boyfriend should do.  That’s me,” Yunho said with confidence.
He grabbed a bunch of roses and picked up a box of chocolates.

When they got home, Yunho looked at Minseok and noted that the child was all pouty faced.

“What’s wrong, baby?”

Minseok huffed and didn’t answer him.  He turned away from his Mama.

“I can’t help you if you don’t tell me what’s wrong, Minseok, baby,” Yunho said with all the reasonableness he could muster injected into his voice.

“You bought pretty flowers for Papa.  And even a box of chocolates,” Minseok said.  “Papa will never make me his boyfriend, Mama, if you do that.”

“But, baby…” Yunho pouted.  ‘I’m Papa’s boyfriend, though,’ he thought to himself. Yunho sighed.  He can’t stand Minseok’s pouting face. It was just as bad as Jaejoong's.

“What can I do to make it better then?” Yunho asked.

Minseok grinned.

When Jaejoong got home, he was welcomed with a bouquet of wonderfully beautiful roses and a box of chocolates from his son.

“This is for you, Papa, because you’re my girlfriend now,” Minseok said.  “Mama is giving you those ones.”  He gestured at the drinking glass full of dandelion flowers.

Jaejoong grinned as he saw Yunho’s pouting face. 

This rivalry between his son and his boyfriend is too cute!  Jaejoong gathered Minseok into his embrace and kissed both his cheeks.
Then he told his son to go and get his pajamas ready so Mama could give him a bath while Papa cooked dinner.

The boy ran to his bedroom and did as his Papa said.

“Thank you for the weeds, baby,” Jaejoong whispered against Yunho’s ear.

“I bought it,” Yunho whispered back.

“The weeds?” Jaejoong asked.  “Honey, they’re free on the lawn.”

Yunho sighed and pouted.

Jaejoong spied Minseok coming back into the kitchen and said loudly, “But Yunho, I love anything you give me.  Those dandelion flowers are so bright and yellow, they make my heart smile.  Just like you!”

Jaejoong grinned and hugged Yunho to him very tenderly.  He rained kisses all over Yunho’s face.

“Papa!  Papa!  Papa!” Minseok jumped up and down trying to get his attention.
“Papa!  No!  Mama didn’t pick those flowers for you!  I did that!  I did that!  My kisses, Papa!  Don’t give it to Mama!”

He turned a petulant face towards Yunho and placed his hands on his hips.
“Mama!  Give me back Papa’s kisses!  Those are mine, Mama!  You can’t take the kisses meant for me!  Give them back!”


~*~
 

Two weeks after the flowers incident, Yunho was again frowning.  

Where does this kid get all these crazy ideas?  He sighed.  Perhaps he was to blame.  

Last week, Minseok was shuttled over to Junsu and Yuchun’s apartment.  Jaejoong and he went on a date night.  He has a feeling that Junsu and quite possibly Yuchun had told Minseok the general version of what a date is.  So this week, Minseok has decided to take his Papa on a date.
 
“Jaejoong,” Yunho pled.  “Don’t agree to it.”

“But Yunho, it will be Minseok’s first date!  And I get to be the starring role!  I can’t let that go, baby.  I mean, how cool is that?  How many parents can say that they were there for their baby’s first date ever!”

Yunho sighed.  There was going to be no stopping the date.  Jaejoong was just too enthusiastic.  He won’t see reason.  He had to train Minseok.  He wondered if the precocious five year old can handle himself. 

So, that started the date tutoring.

“Okay, son,” Yunho began.  “When you pick up Papa, I mean, your girlfriend, you should have flowers with you.”

Yuchun nodded.  “Yes, that’s the standard protocol,” he put in.

“What’s a practical?” Minseok asked.

“Pro… Ah, forget that word,” Yuchun said.  “It means it’s what you would usually do on a date.”

Minseok was very serious.  “Okay Uncle.  What else, Mama?”

“Ah, yes,  you should also take your date to a place to eat.  Something she likes.”

“Mama, Papa likes that little tteokbokki stand about two blocks away.  It’s his favorite place to go to when he doesn’t have anything to cook inside the house.  Yours, too, Mama!”

Yuchun cleared his throat thoroughly amused at the conversation they were having with a five year old.

“Actually, Minseok, you would take your date someplace special.  Like when I take out Junsu, we usually go to a chic French Restaurant…”

Yunho was shaking his head at Yuchun.  That French restaurant was more than Yunho could afford right now! 

“Uh…” Yuchun needed to back pedal.  “Really… ummm… you should take your date to a place you can afford.”

Yunho turned Minseok to face him.

“Baby, take Mama where you think you both will enjoy the food, okay?” Yunho said.

Minseok thought and thought and thought.

“How about McDonald’s?  Or Kentucky Fried Chicken?”

Yunho groaned.  “How about that tteokbokki stand two blocks away from the house?” he suggested.

McDonald’s was okay and Kentucky Fried Chicken as well, but the nearest of those fast food restaurants required driving a car or taking the bus.  Something Minseok CANNOT do yet, for a good number of years!

“Or that chicken place across from the house,” Yunho suggested.  “Because you have to walk Papa to the restaurant.”

Minseok pouted, but he nodded.

He thought about where he could take his Papa on a date to where they could walk.  

They just happened to be walking back from the ice cream place three blocks away from their house.  Then Minseok spotted a very nice place.  There was this man with a black and white suit standing just outside the door.  Every time a couple wanted to enter, the man would open the door for them with his white gloved hand and bow them in.  Minseok had seen this kind of thing in one of those old movies Papa and Uncle Junsu liked to watch.

He tugged at his Mama’s hand.  Yunho looked down at the boy.

Minseok pointed to the restaurant across the street.

“I want to take Papa there, Mama,” Minseok said excitedly.  “Papa would be very happy to go there!”

Yunho groaned.  Even he hasn’t taken Jaejoong to that restaurant yet.  It was a very posh, high end place that served western style food.  It was very expensive!  There has got to be something else that they could do.  There is no way he could afford to send Minseok and Jaejoong to that restaurant right now! 

Yuchun wanted to laugh, but he felt that Minseok might just be offended.  It was very high end, that restaurant.  He had taken Junsu inside the place only once and it was more than enough for the both of them.  The ambiance was incredible, the food was delicious, but seriously, very overpriced.  Junsu was appreciative of the gesture, but he had felt a little out of place.   Yuchun didn’t like having anyone look down at Junsu.  Their waiter had shouted the specials to Junsu as if he was deaf instead of in a wheelchair.  And when they realized that Yuchun was the one paying, they ignored Junsu. 

“I have a better idea,” Yuchun said.  “How about you let Mama and Uncle Yuchun take care of where to bring your Papa to dinner okay?”

Minseok pouted.  He would l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter