not so happy birthday

chubby honey bunny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

chb: not so happy birthday
yunho/jaejoong, yoochun/junsu
angst / pg13 / oneshot
It's Yoochun's birthday, but he's not present in his own birthday party. Cue depressed Junsu and a livid Jaejoong.


note: past is when yunho was a stud muffin until he found out about his condition. present is during the time when the couple met minseok and yoosu and everyone else. future is three years after that, when minseok is already eight years old... and the years after that.






 

present


 

"Happy birthday Yoo--!"

The couple stops on their tracks at the seemingly quiet apartment and spots Junsu on his wheelchair, hugging Juliang close to his chest. Juliang, the doll Junsu bought for Yoochun's birthday. In panic, Jaejoong lets go of the side of the box he's holding and Yunho howls in pain when it falls on his foot but gets ignored as his worrywart boyfriend rushes to tend to Junsu.

"Junsuyah, what's wrong? Where's all the food and the decorations, and-- where the hell is Yoochun?" he asks, taking a seat on the couch and pulling Junsu's wheelchair towards him so they're sitting face to face.

"There's no party, Jj. I'm sorry I forgot to tell you. He won't be coming home tonight."

"Because?"

Junsu sighs, his eyes focused on his lap as if he's ashamed to look at his friend in the eyes. "The usual."

"Unbelievable." Jaejoong shakes his head in disappointment. "I know he's busy trying to save lives, but taking a break for one day won't hurt! It's not like he's the only doctor at the hospital. He even works at weekends! One day, Junsu. Just one ing day and he couldn't even give that to you. And it's his goddamn birthday! He makes me so ing mad, damn it. He doesn't even realize how much he's hurting someone so precious like you." his frown deepens. The moment he pulls Junsu in a fierce hug, the latter starts sobbing almost uncontrollably. He's mad. He's hurt Junsu with his words but that's nothing compared to the hurt Yoochun is unintentionally causing him.

"H-he hates Juliang..." He stiffens for a moment and then rubs Junsu's back silently telling him to carry on. "I tried to tell him but... but he said it's... he said I'm silly and then he laughed at me and told me how I should stop thinking about... about t-things..."

"I'm sorry but he's a dickhead." he pauses, and then continues. "No actually, I'm not sorry at all. He's a ing dickhead."

"Jaejoong..." Yunho interrupts, putting a hand on top of Junsu's head. Yoochun is his friend but Jaejoong is right. He's neglected Junsu a lot of times and brushing him off regarding family matters, that's a very douchey thing to do. Yunho clearly remembers the talk they had before and he sounded plenty regretful. What's with his attitude now? If Yoochun keeps this up, he won't even be surprised if Junsu breaks up with him, although that might not be the case seeing as how much Junsu loves him. Junsu just cannot live without him. Now the question is, can he?

"We bought you a crib." Jaejoong says softly, running a hand through Junsu's soft locks. "For Juliang."

"She's a doll." Junsu hisses, throwing the inanimate object on the floor, startling him and Yunho.

With a frown, he detaches himself from the shaking figure and picks up the doll, putting it back on Junsu's lap. "She's not just a doll, Junsu. She's your daughter, remember?"

Snapping out of his trance, Junsu sobs harder, hugging Juliang with his shaky hands. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." he whispers, pressing kisses atop Juliang's head once in a while. "I'm such a bad parent. I'm sorry, my baby..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter