chapter twenty one

Love Actually

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”

― Laozi

 

Soojung never thought that she was dared to do this. She no longer concerned about what people say. She didn’t even care if she had reviled by his big fans. She no longer cares for fear that it fills her heart and made ​​herself leave the man she loved the most. And now that she knows, she has been standing at the front door of one of the best hospital in South Korea, where Minhyuk hospitalized after had an appendix surgery. She was just about to visit cnblue's dorm when Minho notify that Minhyuk was hospitalized.

She could feel the chill of the air conditioning in the long hallway while her heart couldn’t  stop beating so fast. She was very nervous, indeed, she can’t hardly wait to push the door in front of him and ran towards Minhyuk.

Relax Soojung, you just need to push it slowly and greet him. She tried to calm herself when slowly pushed the door. “Annyeonghaseyo” she bowed politely and scaned the room to see who’s in the room in a flash. Ah, it’s Yonghwa oppa and Kim manag..ups WHAT??!! Is he here?? Omo! What should I do? why I don’t think that manager Kim certainly also be here? Aisshh paboya! Soojung hissed in her mind while Yonghwa greeted her back. “Oh Annyeong Soojung-ssi, thank’s God u’re here” he stood up to shake her hand. Soojung smiled awkwardly.

“Hello miss Jung, long time no see you” manager Kim greeted her friendly. “Annyeonghaseyo ahjussi” once again she bowed herself with a forced smile.

“Ah don’t be so serious, Soojung-ah. Do you wanna see Minhyuk? c’mon” then he guided Soojung to walk towards the side of Minhyuk’s bed while he was sleeping peacefuly.

Soojung stared at sleeping Minhyuk where most of his body covered by a thin blanket up to his chest.  She felt very melancholy when she saw a drip hose pierced his palm surface. Minhyuk’s face looks more gaunt and pale. She was inhaling deeply when the tears started rolling down her cheeks. What happened to you oppa? You should wake up to telling me everything. Please get well very soon, oppa – she said in her mind while looking at him in a sad expression.

“Can we talk for a minute?” Soojung nodded and immediately wiped her cheeks when manager Kim asked her to go out for a while. He didn’t want to disturb Minhyuk, he needs to rest well to recovery his health.

“Yongie-ya, I’ll leave for a moment with miss Jung. Please take care of Hyukkie” Manager Kim patted Yong’s shoulder and went out after Yongie nodded him and smiled to Soojung.

 

A few minutes later in cafetaria …

“…”

“…”

Silence filled the air since they arrived at the quiet cafetaria and sat face to face. Soojung felt so uneasy, she didn’t know how to start the conversation while manager Kim was busy check on his cell phone. Seems he was very busy with his own bussiness.

“You must be so worry with him now” Manager Kim finally spoke to break the ice, he placed the phone on the table. “Huh? Umh, nde ahjussi” she nodded. “Mianheyo ahjussi”

“For what?” he furrowed his eyebrow as a sign of his curiousity, “I broke my promise to no longer meet him, I-I..” suddenly she lost the words and couldn’t utter any words to him.

“It’s okay, Soojung-ah” He smiled then sipped his cappucino. “Actually, the reason why I brought you here because I want to apologize to you, to both of you”, Soojung stared at him confusely, then manager Kim continued his unfinished sentences, “At first, I thought to ask you to stay away from him will make things better, then I realized..that I was wrong. It makes things even get worse.”

“What do you mean?”

“Kang Minhyuk extremely messed up lately. According to his friends, he often came home in a drunken state, rampage for no reason and rarely even breakfast.” said manager Kim as he stared Soojung with an empty sight. Soojung could see the sadness and tiredness in his eyes. He must be having a pretty tough for couple of days – She thought.

“…”

“Even worse, he skipped exercise for a few times and wasn’t present when cnblue have to appear in the show off and on air. Mr. Kwang had given him a warning letter in the hope his attitude might change, but it was useless. He instead submitted a letter of resignation that made us all by surprise.” he leaned back in the chair to let go of tired.

“I’m so sorry ahjussi” Soojung said, she felt guilty for ever assumed him as a bad person for having forced her to leave Minhyuk.

“It’s not your fault, Soojung-ssi. At the beginning, I thought your relationship is just a moment of love, but then I realized that you’re the person who meant so much to his life. For almost five years I’ve been accompanied cnblue and I recognize Minhyuk as a quiet person and tend to be cold towards girls. Yeah of course he had a relationship with some girls, but not for long. He prefers to make a priority for cnblue rather than his love life. But this time is different. You’ve opened his heart to love a girl completely” His eyes sparkle as he said it, as if he were remembering something in his memory. Soojung listened it carefully without an intention to interrupted him.

“Soojung-ah, you saw his condition now. Then what will you do next?”. Alright, his questions successfully made her surprised. “N-Nde??”

“You heard me, and I know you still love him. So what’s next, huh?” he smiled playfully when he saw her cute reaction has written all over her face.  “I don’t know ahjussi, I just want to make sure about his condition first. That’s the important thing for me now”

“You should comeback to him. You know, you guys deserve to be happy” he smiled sincerely, made Soojung could only blinking her eyes in disbelief. “Once again, I’m sorry for all my attitude. I'm not going to impede you again, I love him as my own son, and I hope you’ll accept him back”

“N-NDEH?? A-are y-you s-su-re??” she stammered in a shocking mode. She couldn’t believe what did he say just now. Is it real? For real? Somebody please tell her that she wasn’t dreaming. She felt like it’s a miracle from God. She couldn’t help herself to smile blissfuly to manager Kim. “Yes I am. You should back to the room to take care of him now, I’m sure he’ll soon recover after seeing you” he held the urge to laugh at Soojung when she still in the middle of her shocking mode.

 “Alright miss Jung, I’m sorry I’ll leave you. I have an appoinment, so please back to the room and meet Yonghwa there” he stood up and patted her shoulder gently. “Nde, ahjussi. Kamsahamnida” she stood up then bowed politely.

Soojung rushed to the room once after Kim manager left. She found Yonghwa just shut the door. It looks like he’ll leave for a moment. “Oh Soojung-ah, thank’s God you’re here” he said in a relief. Y-ya Yong oppa, why you look so relieved every time you see me, jinjja you’re so funny oppa! – she thought as she held the urge to laugh.

“You wanna go?” Soojung asked him when she stopped right in front of him. “Nde, Shinhye asked me to pick her up. She also wants to see Minhyuk. It’s okay for you to take care of him for a while?” Yongie frowned in doubtful, but Soojung just gave him a nod, “Don’t worry oppa, I’ll take care of him. is he already awake?” she popped her head through the window to see what’s being done by Minhyuk, but she couldn’t see nothing.

“Nde. As always, he didn’t want to eat and just daydream. Maybe you could persuade him”

“Hmm alright then, I’ll see you soon oppa” They bowed slightly each other then she grabbed the door handle and pushed it slowly.

 

Soojung held her breath when she saw Minhyuk lying back to her. She slowly approached the bed and grabbed the bowl of porridge that was lying on the side table.

“Eomma, how many times have I told you that I'm lost the appet-“ Minhyuk was just about to push the bowl when he realized who was holding the bowl shortly after he turned his back. “Y-YA OPPA! how dare you skipped your meals?!!” Soojung yelled in irritation. “Just open your mouth, I’ll feed you now!” She ing a spoon towards his mouth and forcing Minhyuk to eat it.

  “Y-you came?” He whispered while Soojung just smiled and nodded him. “H-how c-come?”

“You’ll hear the whole story after you finish your meal. Let's open mouth, aaa” Soojung opened wide to give him an example to follow. He followed her obediently. He kept staring at Soojung with a puzzled look. How can you come here? I thought you had forgotten me, you disappeared without a word during this month. I'm almost crazy because you lost – so many questions spinning around in his mind.

“I don’t want to eat that!” Minhyuk turned his face when Soojung fed him a piece of boiled egg. “Y-ya it’s good for your health, open your mouth” She still pointed spoon towards him. “SHIRROO!!”

“Alright then, I’ll leave you alone if you keep act so childish like this. Just eat it by yourself!” Soojung pretended to be angry and put the bowl on the table, deliberately made ​​Minhyuk panic that he would open his mouth and immediately finished his food. “Soojung-ah, please don’t go” he pursed his lips and started to sulk. His childish act successfully made Soojung smile and took the bowl to continue feeding him. “Then you should eat it well, unless you want me to leave you now, ahrasso?”. Minhyuk excitedly nodded her and eat the porridge joyfully.

He didn’t care how many bowls of porridge to be spent as long Soojung remained by his side. Minhyuk couldn’t resist the urge to keep on smiling. He felt soooo happy seeing Soojung right here by his side, even although he didn’t know what had brought her here, back to him.

“Stop smiling oppa, you’re like a fool” She pouted as she felt blood was rushing to her face. “Wae? don’t like it?” He smiled playfully as he pulled forward his face towards her. “Y-ya!” Minhyuk couldn’t hold to laugh when he saw her cute reaction as he got a pinched at his waist.

“Waeee?” She rolled her eyes when she saw Minhyuk pointed the edge of his lips which stained by the foods to be wiped by her. He blinked his eyes like a kid, made Soojung couldn’t resist his grant. She took tissue then wiped his lips carefully while Minhyuk was enjoying her with a wide smile. Aigooo naughty Hyukkie!

After finish a bowl of porridge with a bit nagged from him, Soojung handed a glass of water to him and cleaned the side table. “Gomawo Jungie-ya” He smiled blissfully. Ahh that slanted eyes, a thing that I missed so much! Finally I can see it – she said in a relief silently.

“What happened to you, oppa? mind to explain to me?” she said as she sat right next to him.

“How do you know if I’m hospitalized?” He just asked back instead of answering her. “Minho oppa told me”.

“MWO?!! Y-ya Jung Soojung how many times have I told you not close to him again, aishh” He hissed in annoyance when he heard she mentioned about her ex-lover. “Y-ya Kang Minhyuk oppa, is it more important to you rather than answer my question, isshh paboya! Just answer me now!” she yelled back as crossed her hands in front of her chest.

Minhyuk giggled and patted the tip of her head “Aigooo you haven’t changed, my dear”. he stopped laughing after seeing Soojung getting more sullen. “Ahrasseooo, I..I was lost Jungie-ya. You know, you made me crazy” he let out a heavy sigh then continued his explanation. “I didn’t know what to do. I tried to accept it all but I failed. I screwed up and as of now you see, I did not even care about my own health. I only care about you” he stared at the wall blankly. “Paboya! You should care with your own health! I wont forgive you if something happened to you” She chuckled

“Is that so?” he furrowed while Soojung nodded him in a flash, “So don’t you ever to leave me again. Please stay with me no matter what” Minhyuk took her palm then held it tight like he wont to loose again. “Promise me, Jungie-ya”

Soojung nodded with a bright smile, “Nde oppa, I promise”. Minhyuk smiled relieved to hear her answer, he raised her palm and kissed it slowly, “Thank you dear, keep my promise that I would always protect you, so always stay with me. Don’t you ever think to run away again, because this time I wont let you go”.

Soojung could feel her eyes was teary. She smiled weakly and nodded him relieved when Minhyuk placed her palm on his chest as if he wanted to show her how hurt his heart was. “Nde, oppa. I wont leave you again. But but you must promise me not to do anything stupid like this again, or else I will not forgive you anymore” she wiped her tears of happiness as Minhyuk pulled her onto his chest and burried her head with his arms warmthly. He caressed and kissed her hair deeply like he wanted to breath through the scent of her hair.

 “I love you Jungie-ya” he whispered before kissing her head once again. “Me too oppa”, Soojung was enjoying to inhaled her favorite scent of his body deeply. She never imagined that finally she could able to hug him again. She wondered that it was a gift or probably a miracle that God has given to her. Whatever it was, she just smiled happily and enjoyed every second in his warmth arms.


 

“Ehmm” Minhyuk and Soojung startled and immediately broke the hug when they heard someone was clearing his troat and he found Yonghwa stood up in front of the door with Park Shinhye, Jonghyun, Im Yoona and Jungshin behind him. “I’m sorry to disturb you guys”

“Y-Ya Yong I told you to wait until they’re finished talking then we come in, aishh so rude!” Shinhye nagged as she hit Yong’s arm, made all of them suddenly laughed and entered the room.

Soojung released Minhyuk’s arm then walked approaching the others. She took the paper bags that given by Yoona noona and Jungshin. “Sorry to troubled you, Soojung-ah. This brat must be so annoying” Yonghwa smirked when he walked towards the bed.

“Ani, he acted so sweet oppa. don’t you see the empty bowl on the table, huh?” She smiled playfully as she placed the paper bags on the table and handed some mineral bottle to the guests. “Whoaah you surprised me! You’re the best to handle him” He chuckled in disbelief.

“Hyung was right, you’ve no idea how hard us persuaded him to eat. Aigoo next time you must pay for this Hyukkie-ya!” and now Jonghyun was burst out his thought of Minhyuk’s behavior while Minhyuk could only grinned at him. “Y-ya hyung, you’re the one who always forced me to eat when I lost my appetite, so annoying!” he pouted. “It’s because we care of you, aishh Minhyuk PABO!” Yonghwa smacked his maknae’s arm gently as he glared at him with a deadly sight, made everybody laughed seeing their bickering.

“Eiyy stop it guys, don’t you see that our uri Minhyuk still sick, don’t disturb him anymore. Just let him rest” Yoona finally spoke to neutralize the quarrel between four of them.

“So now you’ve to make it up?” Jungshin asked when he saw Soojung sat beside Minhyuk with interlocked fingers. Aisshh what a cheesy moment you guys!

Both of them nodded him in unison with happy smile on their face, “Aigoo looks like I lost again, I thought that I could win her heart over you, Hyukie-ya” Jungshin teased. “You want to die, huh? Go get a girlfriend then!” Minhyuk gave a deadly stare at him while the others started to laugh loudly.


 

The day was getting late when they said goodbye to go home. That day, Minhyuk was so happy surrounded by the closest people. It made his condition improved so well. They talked and laughed together. Jungshin and Yonghwa act silly successfully made ​​the atmosphere so lively and fun.

“Should I drive you home, Soojung-ah?” Yonghwa asked her before he left. “No need oppa” she shook her hand to convinience him politely. “Ah, you want to sleepover here?” Yong by blinking his eyes playfully. “Y-ya, don’t , Yong!” Shinhye smacked his arm.

“Umh I think so, you must be tired already taking care of him these days, besides his family no one knows about his condition” She said. “Alright then, thank you for your kindness, Jungie-ya” Yonghwa and Shinhye said in unison. They left after Shinhye gave her a warmth hug.

 

Soojung walked approached Minhyuk’s bed. He was sleeping. He must be so tired after talking and laughing all day long. She his cheek slowly so as not to wake him up and pulled the blanket over his body up to his chin, then kissed his forehead deeply, “Sleep tight, dear”. Once again she caressed his cheek before turn the light off and sleep beside him in a sit position.

Good night my dear, hopefully the cold night air unites our hearts …

 

Although this path seems far sometimes,
even if you shed tears out of sadness
Until everything becomes a memory,
let’s become each other’s resting place

I’m still awkward and I lack but
until always, I’ll be by your side
Even if the cruel wind blows again, we
will overcome the rough times together

(Park Janghyun, Two People, Ost The Heirs, 2013)

 



whoaahh sad moments finally passed. sorry for making you wait for so long. I'm too tired to write the drama about their sadness. So from now on, let's enjoy romantic times of this cute couple, hehehe

Thank you for reading, subb-ing and comment-ing this story. I'll be soo grateful if you want to leave some comments below. Kangsahamnida chinguya :)

 

Cheers,

 

_dChillz_