chapter fifteen

Love Actually

The weather this morning was quite sunny. The sunlight makes the air feel warmer. This is her favorite weather. Soojung usually use her spare time for jogging or simply walk along the beach to enjoy the warm air. But not this time. When she felt herself surrounded by cold winds and fierce lightning over her head. It feels like she wanted to run away, disappear or even fainting when  she saw the phone screen in her hand. Once again she looked at her phone screen. Hoping that she was wrong. Expecting what she was reading in the morning news wasn't about her – them. She shook her head in disbelief and let out a heavy sigh. Her eyes started to teary. She needs someone to shore up her from falling.

Once again she looked at her phone screen carefully.

-

It’s still the same

-

Again

-

She still saw the picture of herself and Minhyuk filled the screen. Yes, an online news portal had published their relationships complete with photographs allegedly taken secretly. In that photo it looks Minhyuk was tenderly embracing a woman with long wavy hair. Sunglasses and hoodie that he was wearing was not even able to disguise his identity. the man in the photo is clearly cnblue’s Kang Minhyuk. Ottoke, Soojungie? Soojung stepped back and leaned back against the wall. She did not know what to do. She did not know what to do, especially when Minhyuk being out of the country for a concert in Thailand for 3 days. Oh Ottoke, baby Jung?

Beep. A message appeared on her phone screen. It was from her boss, Mr. Choi

Where are you miss Jung? Meet me at the FNC’s meeting room. We have an important appointment with Mr. Kwang in an hour.

She felt her legs getting more weak after reading a short message from Mr.Choi. Her boss must have read the news about her relationship with Minhyuk. What would he do? Why do they have to meet with Mr. kwang? What must be explained? honest or lie? There are many questions spinning around in her head. But in the end she decided to call her boyfriend first. She needed to know how his response and what would he say about this problem.

The sound of long dial tone signaled that Minhyuk didn’t answer her call. She tried again.

Once

-

Twice

-

Thrice

-

He still didn’t answer her call. She gave up and looked at the phone screen in frustration. There are only dozens of missed calls from Jiwon and an unopened message. was also from Jiwon.

Yah paboya where are you now?! Why didn’t you answer my calls? Call me back soon!!! I’m heading to your place now!!

She knew Jiwon was worrying her. It was her that told Soojung about the news. Kim Jiwon was really shocked after read the news and rushed to send a message to Soojung to ask her clarification. But she did nothing. She was too shocked to reply her message or even answer her calls. She had no idea what she must to do.

Protection. All she needed is just protection. She realized that the Mr. Choi’s message was signaled to her to ask for protection on the FNC Entertainment. They certainly know how to cope with rumors and ease it. The great FNC agencies must often face the scandal and protect their artists from adversity. Yes, FNC definitely have a solution to overcome this problem. Soojung grabbed her tote bag and rushed to the basement where she parked her car.

She drove her car rapidly while continuing to contact Minhyuk. A warning tone notifying the phone battery has run out filled the air. Ah , Soojung left the phone charger because she was too rushed. Damn it! God damn it!! Again she stared mobile screen which displays her pictures walked hand in hand with Minhyuk. Suddenly the idea to check her social media came out. She checked her instagram while kept focus on the street.

CRAP!! She found it. The photos has been published everywhere. Minhyuk fans began to comment on the photo. Most of them berated the women who was in the arms of Minhyuk, yes it’s her. Soojung couldn’t hold her tears no more. Her tears turned sobs. She felt like wanted to explode, she wanted to scream out loud. She needed him. Where the hell is he when she needed him? she hit the wheel in frustration. What she had been feared happened and she had no idea how to face it without him. oh, how dare you left her alone Kang Minhyuk? You’re the one who promised her to always protect her no matter what. You’re the one who promised her to always stand beside her anytime she needed. But now you broke your promises. You let her face this problem alone, and you made the tears falling down on her cheeks, ruined her natural beauty. You jerk Hyukkie..

 

“Come in miss Jung” Mr. Kwang invited Soojung when she arrived at the meeting room. There are so many people in the conference room, mostly high-ranking officials of FNC entertainment and directors of magazine where she worked, Mr.Choi was already sit between them.

Soojung stepped in and sat in a chair in the middle of the round table. The chair seems deliberately prepared for her, because that's just an empty chair. She gulped and lowered her head to hide her nervousness.

“Okay everyone, let’s start this meeting” Mr. Kwang opened the meeting and gave his quick speech about their agency’s carrier and the artists under its aegis. Soojung knew this meeting will ultimately lead to the problem. She waited patiently.

“Now, Miss jung tell me the truth whether the news is true?” Mr. Kwang finally stabbed her with the simple question. Soojung could only nod him. Then she tells the truth about her relationship with Minhyuk, starting from the beginning of their meeting until now. People listen to her carefully. Their facial expression was unreadable, maybe this is common problem that they have encountered. However, this obviously makes Soojung getting scared and worried.

“Do you love him?” oh what a silly question Mr. Kwang! Don’t you see these two young people look so in love?. Soojung nodded in silent.

“What will you do now?”

“…” She had no idea how to answer his question

“Give up?”  Soojung lifted her face when she heard Mr. Kwang provide solutions. The only solution that he may have, but it was too painful to be accepted. She could only silent. It feels like the words stuck in .

“Wae? You won’t?” Mr. Kwang forced her to express her heart.

“B-but Mr. K-kwang..”

“Just accept it, miss Jung” Mr. Choi finally speaks. “It would be better for you both if you end this relationship immediately” He continued in a cold stare.

“That’s right Krystal-ssi, You know, your relationship is going to be bad for cnblue’s carrier, especially Minhyuk. As you know, cnblue comeback album just released, and it can be destroyed with the news of this scandal. Please think about it” Now Manager Kim talked to her. She felt herself suddenly judged by the people who were in the meeting room. She felt her face heating up and her eyes started teary. She stared everywhere blankly.

“Miss Jung, we understand how you feel. But please think about Minhyuk future career as well” She closed her eyes as she heard Mr. Kwang voice. Why only him? if my heart wasn’t entitled to receive attention? if I have to sacrifice my feelings for the sake of his career? – She felt like she wanted to yell him back, but she could do nothing. She just shut .

“Miss Jung…”

“I understand, sir” She cut off before Mr. Kwang finished his sentence. She knew that it was rude, but she’s so sick of it. She wanted to race out of the room immediately.

“Thank you miss Jung”

“Now just tell me what do I have to do” She expressly.

“This afternoon you will meet the journalists to clarify the news. Tell them that the story was a lie and you really idolized Minhyuk, so you tried to seduce him so that he wanted to walk with you” Mr. Han, the one who used to take care the scandal of the artists in the FNC explained to Soojung about scenarios that she must be spoken during a press conference later. This is unbelievable. She must say that she was the one who chasing Minhyuk. This is totally wrong. She shook her head slowly, she couldn’t believe of what just did he say. But once again, she could only nod him.

“Thank you for your cooperation, miss Jung. I thought you would be so hard to direct” Mr. Han spoke firmly, made her tears finally falling down.

“Alright, we’ll meet again in two hours” Mr. Kwang ended the meeting. People rushed out of the room except her. Mr. Choi patted her shoulder gently and whispered “Gomawo Krystal-ssi, you saved us”.

 

Give me back my point of view

'Cause I just can't think for you

I can hardly hear you say

What should I do, well you choose

(Jet, Look what you’ve done)

 


 

Two hours passed, Soojung walked to the main meeting room venue for a press conference. The journalists had filled the room and impatiently await her appearance. She stopped in her tracks when someone pulled her arm. It was Minho.

“Soojung don’t!” He said as he managed his breath after running to catch Soojung. “It will hurt you. Just let it go”. Soojung released his hand and continued walking. “Jung Soojung, please” He begged her to stay.

“What should I do, oppa?” She said in a weak voice.

“Don’t be a fool, it will hurt you Soojung-ah”

“I love him, oppa. I really love Kang Minhyuk, ottoke oppa?” She yelled to him while her tears started falling down on her cheeks.

“But you don’t need to sacrifice yourself just because of him, you silly!” Minho yelled back to her.

“Then what? Just doing nothing and let the loved one drowning because of my selfishness? I wasn’t you, oppa. I won’t let Minhyuk oppa lost his dream because of me, I love him, I really am” Soojung emphasized the last sentence to assure Minho and herself as well. Minho let her hand down. She was right. Minho realized that Soojung definitely know what she has to do.

“Wish me luck, oppa” She wiped her tears and smiled sincerely to him before walked towards the meeting room.

Mr. Han accompany Soojung entered the room. Flashing lights of dozens of reporters' cameras blinding her eyes. she looked down reflexively.

The press conference was running so fast. Soojung told the reporters according to the scenario that has been designed by Mr. Han.

“Krystal-ssi where do you come from?”

“Krystal-ssi how did you know Minhyuk?”

“Do you know where’s Kang Minhyuk now?”

“Actually how your relationship status now? Who’s the real Kang Minhyuk girlfriend?”

The reporters asked in unison when Mr. Han led Soojung out of the room. They have to fight through a crowd of reporters who are still not satisfied with her explanation. Dozens proffered mic towards them blocking the way so that the security were forced to them until they reached into the elevator.

“Thank you miss Jung for your cooperation” Mr. Han said sincerely. Soojung could only nod in silent. She just wanted to end this damn day and burried herself under her thick warm blanket, so she could cry and scream freely.

 

(Minhyuk’s POV)

“Hyukkie don’t!” Yonghwa hyung hold my arm when I was about to get out of the studio. I was very surprised to read the news this morning. The ​​headlines such as a hard slap for me. How could they know my relationship with Krystal? So far we were dating secretly and rarely visited public places. Then how can they find the poses like in the picture? There must be something wrong.

“I need to find the truth” I emphasized every word to Yonghwa hyung so that he could let my hand off. “Not this time, Mr. Han would have overcome this” Yongie answered me without release my wrist.

“What about Soojung, I need to call her!!” I yelled to him in frustration, made Jungshin patted my shoulder to calming me down.

“Yeah you can contact her, but don’t act stupid hyukkie. Your presence will only worsen the situation” Yonghwa is still able to control his emotions when I wanted to explode.

“Hyung was right, Hyukkie. Certainly there are people who don’t like your relationship, or perhaps deliberately wanted to dropped our careers” Jungshin said as he held my arm.

I pressed the dial number to call Soojung. I just wanted make sure that she was okay. But I only heard the diversion tone that signaled her cell phone was inactive. I tried again.

Once

-

Twice

-

Thrice

-

I still got nothing. ARGHH!!! I threw my phone and kicked the drum set full of anger. I combed my messy hair roughly. Jung Soojung just PICK UP your phone now!!! Oh god damn it, why do I must be away from her when this problem arises? I do not want to let her face it alone. I do not want to let the people I love the most hurt because of me. Ottoke Soojung-ah..

“I’ve to go back now” I said as I walked out the room, but this time Jonghyun hyung was withstand my hand.

“Don’t you hear what Yongie said, your presence just make the situation getting worst, you idiot!” Jonghyun scolded me, made my temper getting higher. I flung his hand roughly and yelled to him “The what should I do? Just sitting waiting for the gossip died down and let Soojung hurt? I do not want to be like you hyung, you don’t have a heart to let Yoona noona reviled by your fans who don’t like your relationship.”

BUK! Jonghyun hyung was punching my left cheek. “Go ahead if you said so. You would regret Minhyukkie!” he said in anger. Yonghwa tried to calm down him while Jungshin held my arms.

“Stop it!! What a stupid you both!” Yonghwa yelled in irritation.

”Hyukkie, please try to think clearly. we just released a new album and we want to promote it here. if you have the heart to destroy it?” He said in tired voice. He released Jonghyun arm and continued his sentence “Apart from matters of the heart, we are brothers. Four years we have build cnblue painstakingly, if you have the heart to destroy the dream that we have achieved? Your dream? hard work of our foursome?” Yonghwa emphasized every words to wake me up about the situation. He was right. I don’t have a heart to destroy it as well. But I can’t let Soojung face it alone. Ottoke Soojung-ah?

My nerves began to slack off, this time I obeyed the words of Yonghwa hyung. But that doesn’t mean I'm going to continue to let this issue just like that. I will soon finish it when we got back to Seoul tomorrow, I promise. Mianhe Soojungie…

 

Oh, look what you've done

You've made a fool of everyone

Oh well, it seems like such fun

Until you lose what you had won

(Jet, Look what you’ve done)

 


 

 

Hi everyone, three weeks, yap I had three weeks of not updating this story. sorry for making you wait for so long. I was attacked by laziness syndrome and made me stuck. I had no idea how to continue it, until finally I did it again, yeay! ^_^

Thank u for keep supporting me, please leave your comment below, I would verrryy happy to read it hehehe..

Please bear with some grammatical errors and typos, I wrote it in the middle of the night :D

 

Ciao!

_dChillz_