chapter thirteen

Love Actually

The snow began to stop falling while flowers start blooming beautifully. Occasionally rain falls and make the air still felt pretty cold, but better than when the snow season. On a cloudy day, Kang Minhyuk decided to lay down lazily on the couch, when Yonghwa and Jungshin were tidy up their guitar and bass. They just finished from band practice and have some free time before heading to Hongkong tomorrow morning. They would hold another promo tour concert, then go back to Korea after two days. Mr. Kim was ordered two large pans of pizza for their late lunch and Jungshin has eaten a half of a pan.

“Ahh I’m so sleepy, better to sleep now” Jungshin yawned as he rubbed his belly. He joined Minhyuk to lay down lazily on the rug. He snatched a blue cushion from Minhyuk.

 “Yah, what are you doing with my pillow? Give it back!” Minhyuk a half yelled to his chingu while he laid back his head on it comfortably.

“Andwae! You have one already” Jungshin pouted as he held it tight to his embrace. “Moreover, does your name has written on it?” he smirked and smiled devilishly.

“Lee Jungshin!” Minhyuk pouted and hissed in his mind. Their noisy voices were success to wake Yonghwa up.

“Yah, what are you fighting for? Don’t you see I’m sleeping” he scolded that two childish guys and turned to continue his slumber.

BAM! Someone’s coming and it was Jonghyun with a cup of coffee latte in his hand.

“What now?!” Yonghwa sat and glared towards Jonghyun, made him confuse with his upset face.

“What?” he said innocently as he shrugged his shoulder. Then he realized “ Oh, I’m sorry hyung, I didn’t meant to wake you up” he grinned his teeth. He shifted Minhyuk’s body and sit next to him.

“Yah Hyukkie, did you already know that Krystal also works here?” Jonghyun shakes his body.

“MWO?!” Minhyuk, Jungshin and Yonghwa were shouted in unison. They were really surprised to hear his announcement.

“You don’t know about this?” Jonghyun talked to Minhyuk as he raised his eyebrow in disbelief. “I thought that you’re dating her” he sipped the latte while waiting for Minhyuk’s response.

“How do you know, hyung? Have you already met her?” Minhyuk asked impatiently

“I just met her at the coffee shop. She was there with Kim Woobin” Jonghyun stared at his friends one by one. “I asked what she was doing at our office, and she told me that Mr. Kim had asked her team to stay here until our book project has done”

Minhyuk stared at him blankly. A few moments later he smiled with a twinkle in his eyes.

“Cheongmal? Where is she now?” he shakes Jonghyun shoulder excitedly.

“Yah, are you crazy or what?” Jonghyun pouted as he put Minhyuk’s hands down. “Maybe in her room, she said she worked at the special room that given by Mr. Kim at the 3rd floor” he continued.

“Gomawo hyung, I love you!” Minhyuk grabbed his cell phone and rushed to out, but he suddenly stopped when someone withstand his hand.

“Hyukkie, remember what I said to you. Don’t get caught or else both of you will be in trouble” Yonghwa warned him before he raced out of the room. All of them could sigh heavily.

“What is he doing? Crazy boy!” Jonghyun cursed and continue sipping his latte joyfully.

***

 

“Soojung?” Minhyuk said as he normalized his breath. He was running from studio to Krystal’s new office room. He was very happy yet surprised to see her presence in his office. He rushed to hug Krystal, made her startled.

“Oppa! Remember we’re still at the office now” Krystal tried to push him away, but it useless, he’s too strong to be pushed by her little hands.

“I miss you” he whispered to her ears then tightened his hands around her waist. She could only sigh and smile.

“Do you miss me?” he said when he dropped his hands off.

“No” her answer successfully made him pouted and protest

“Why? Did you miss the other guy?” his eyes grew wider as he patted Krystal’s shoulder gently.

“Oh” she said as smile playfully.

“Yah Jung Soojung! How dare you flirt with the other guy” he pouted while Krystal tried to manage her laugh.

“Oppa, do you think I’m that easy?” she said as she flicked the tip of his nose playfully. “Oh, I miss you too”.

Minhyuk smiled ear to ear when he heard that magical words.

  “Ah, your room looks good. Looks like Mr. Kim really knows how to please ladies” he observed the entire room. He thought that it was her who decorated this room beautifully. White color dominates all over the walls and floor, while her favorite, pink, was shown through the accessories. He inhaled a deep breath when he smelled her favorite scent of vanilla. He loves it, like he didn’t mind to leave that room.

“You’ve finished the band practice?” she said as tidy up some sheet of papers. Meanwhile Minhyuk was sit on her comfortable couch.

 “Yep, and I wanna go date with my beloved girlfriend” he smiled blissfully, made Krystal’s face turned red.

“Sorry, I’m busy now. You better leave oppa, before Mr. Kim sees us together and have a bad thought of us”

“Aniyo, he was in a meeting with all their staffs” Minhyuk stood up and walked closer to Krystal. “so no one would dare to disturb us” Krystal holds his breath when Minhyuk stood less than one centimeter in front of her face. She closed her eyes.

Knock..knock! Someone knocked on the door and make them surprised and avoid each other. Krystal looked at him with a look of "see, I told you" and walked to open the door.

“Hello Soojung” Soojung widened her eyes when she saw Minho standing in the doorway, smiling sweetly to her.

“Oh, Minho-ssi what’s up?”

“May I come in?” He pointed toward the room with his chin as a sign to ask for permission to enter the the room. “Oh, seems like you're have a guest. Am I interrupted you guys?” Minho continued his sentence before Krystal could answer his question. He looked towards Minhyuk who is also looking at him sharply. Krystal felt uncomfortable, like being in an awry condition. She invited Minho to come inside.

“Oh don’t get me wrong Minho-ssi. Please come in” she said as she smiled awkwardly.

“Annyeong Kang Minhyuk. What are you doing here?” Minho stared at him intensely. “Aren’t you busy practicing with your friends? Where are they?” he continued before Minhyuk could cut off his sentences.

“Just mind your own business” Minhyuk fizzed at him as their body got closer. They stared at each other and seemed to forget the presence of Krystal.

“Oh yeah, whether I shouldn’t know what’s the relationship between you guys? Krystal?” he turned slowly to Krystal to ask for answers. She shook her head then rushed to approach them.

“YAH! What are doing? Don’t you see I’m busy now?!” she said, separating them both. “Minho oppa, I let you in not to fight with him” she scolded Minho then continue to scold Minhyuk after that. “Oppa, you better leave”. Both of them were quiet. They regret having acted childish in front of Krystal. They felt so embarrass.

“You guys, please go out now” She begged as she rubbed gently right on her temple.

“Mianhe Soojung” Minho was leave first. A few of seconds later, Minhyuk hugged her in a flash then caress her hair and say sorry. “So sorry babe” he whispered while cupped her head. She could only nod and let him go out. Krystal sighed heavily.

 

After the incident, Krystal was busy with work while Minhyuk decided to back to the dorm for taking a nap. He has not even packed his clothes into the suitcase.

-

Her first meeting was with Mr. Kim discussing about cnblue’s schedules for a week ahead.

-

Second meeting was with the CEO of FNC Entertainment, Mr. Kwang to discuss about the progress of   cnblue’s project and also the preview of some layouts.

-

Then the last meeting was with the entire of her team to discuss about planning of their book project and arranging some photo session at once. She is totally tired.

“Thank you for coming, we’ll meet again soon” Krystal said as she closed the meeting for today. The people started to move from their chair and left the meeting room except Woobin and Minho.

“You’re really a great woman, Soojung. I’m so proud of you” Woobin said as he put his right hand on his cheek and stared in amazement toward Soojung. Meanwhile, Minho rotating his chair and lifted his legs on the table to loosen his muscles. Just like her, he felt so weary these days.

“Don't start to tease me or else I'll kick you out” She warned as she spruce the files that scattered on the table.

“Yah, I don’t! You've been working very hard without any rest today. How can I not call you great?” he chuckled and started to teasing her more.

“Oppa, jinjja!” She half-shouted as she threw a roll of paper in the direction of Woobin’s handsome face. Woobin shouted back to her while Minho even spit while laughing hard.

“Hey stop it hyung, don’t you see Krystal was too tired to fight?” Minho chuckled to see his cousin’s behavior. “He was right, you looked awful Soojung-ah” he pointed to dark circles under her beautiful eyes. It proves that she was lack of sleep these days.

“Oppa, if you defend him too?” she pouted, made him smile unknowingly.

“Aniyo, I just feel bad seeing your condition. C’mon let me drive you home” He stood up and grabbed the bag.

“Yah, you both have a heart to leave me alone?” Woobin interrupted their cheesy conversation.

“Just go home brother, it’s already late” Minho said as putting an arm around her shoulder and walked out the room. Woobin chuckled and also went out to his office room where he left his bag and camera there.

 

“You don’t need to take me, oppa. I can take a cab home” She said when they just arrived at the lobby. That was already 10pm and no one still struggle at the office unless them. They have to stay late to finish the project soon, just a month away.

“This is already too late, how could I let you go home alone? You joking or what?” he hissed and wrapped his hand around her shoulder to accelerate the pace.

-

“Soojung?” Someone suddenly called her name. She turned her head to find the source of voice, and she found Minhyuk standing alone at the door of lobby. “What are you doing there?” he continued. He looked so mad but still could manage his temper.

“Oppa” she was startled. Instead of answering, she just glanced at Minho and Minhyuk alternately. Minhyuk immediately approached her and pulled her waist to stand at his side. He stared at Minho’s eyes deadly.

“I think it's too late and time for you to go home” Minhyuk said without releasing a view towards Minho.

“Yes she was, with me” Minho emphasized the last word to assure him that Krystal already agreed to come home with him.

“Really? Thank you for you kindness Mr. Choi but you don’t need to take her home” he said as he took Krystal’s palm and held it tight. Minho felt quite slapped seeing the sights in front of him. What can you do, poor Minho? She was being his girlfriend while you were only her ex. Just admit it. “I’ll take her” Minhyuk checkmated him.

“I’m sorry oppa, I’ll go home with Minhyuk oppa” She apologized. Minho could only stand still without saying a word when Minhyuk wrapped his hand around her shoulder and walked away. He realized the situation. He knew that the one who he loved the most already owned by someone else. He couldn’t force her to comeback or change her feeling towards Minhyuk. He knew he was too late.

***

 

“You’re sorry?” Minhyuk asked when they arrived at the rooftop of FNC building. He changed his mind to not drive her home but took her to the rooftop. He wanted to know all the truth behind her relationships with that jerky guy. He doesn’t know why his heart was so upset every time he saw him.

“For what?” she lifted her eyebrow.

“For leaving him” Minhyuk stared blankly.

“Oppa, I..I.. why you asked that silly question?” She half-shouted as she felt bumbling. Minhyuk turned to his head to face her directly.

“Who’s he Soojung?”

“…”

“Why you looked so nervous when he was around you?”

“…”

“Why you asked me to leave when he came to your apartment that night?”

“…”

“Why he knows so much about you while I'm not?” Minhyuk shouted in frustration. He combed his hair roughly and massaged his temple like feel dizzy all of a sudden.

“Could you please answer me who’s he, Soojung? Please tell me the truth!” Minhyuk hit the wall as he felt so clueless.

“Mianhe oppa” She said in a shaky voice. She could feel her eyes heating up and watery. She tried to manage her tears to no falling down.

“Do-you-STILL-love-him” He emphasized every word to push her telling the truth. Krystal couldn’t hold her tears when she closed her eyes. Minhyuk was startled and softened his voice.

“Soojung, tell me whether you still love him or not” he repeated. She shook her head as a sign of answer. She tried to hold her sobs. It made Minhyuk feel bad. Suddenly he felt bad for having to press Soojung. He never meant to do it. He pulled her into his embrace and kissed her tip of head.

“I’m sorry dear, I don’t know why I'm so jealous of him. It feels like he wanted to steal you from me or something” He exhaled as he rested his chin onto her shoulder.

“Honestly I'm afraid. I'm afraid to lose you” he whispered to her ears, made her hold him tighter. “If you tried to avenge me because I wasn’t acknowledge you as a girlfriend once in front of Woori?” He broke his hug and stared at her sharply.

“Yah! What are you thinking of? Am I that evil?” She pouted.

“Eiyy you were jealous at her, just admit it” He smiled as he .

“Kang Minhyuk!” He smiled in relief and pulled her back to his embrace.

“Mianhe Soojung. I'm sorry for ever hurting you. I promise not to repeat it again. I promise to always be by your side” Minhyuk kissed her hair deeply , like there’s no tomorrow. She could only smile in relief. She's just hope that Minhyuk will always keep its promise, no matter what.

“But who’s he anyway? Your ex-boyfriend?”  He insisted to ask that question as he released her.

“Ne, you were right. He’s my ex” She finally revealed the truth. Minhyuk felt happy and upset at the same time.

“What?! How dare you walked with him intensely. Don’t you remember that you were mine?” He scolded her in annoyed tone. But she didn’t mad at all. Instead of shouting back, she even smiled teasingly.

“eiiy are you jealous now?” She poked his waist, made him pouted.

“Yah Jung Soojung! I’m serious now” He shouted while Krystal kept poking him playfully and laugh out loud.

“Ishh whatever!” He began to sulk. Krystal couldn’t bear with his cuteness and kissed his left cheek all of a sudden. Her sudden move made him shocked. He went stiff and rubbed his cheek where she placed her lips on it.

“I love you, oppa” She said shyly. Her body turned back to him.

Without thinking, he grabbed Krystal's body and hugged her from behind. She could feel the warm breath when he kissed her ears and whispered “love you too, sweetheart”. They smiled happily.

“Promise me you wouldn’t ever to talk to him” She nodded as she heard his warned.

“Do not ever give him a chance to reach out to you”

“Ne, oppa”

“Never accept any invitation or given to you, it hurts me”

“Ne oppa, neee..! oh you looked like an ahjumma now!” Krystal broke their hug when she protested him.

“Yah, I’m going abroad for two days tomorrow. I don’t want to hear you have flirt with him or else..”
“or else what?” she curious to know his next sentence.

“Or else I’ll make him suffer to death” he said coldly.

“Aishh you scare me! Chill oppa, I will never cheat on you” she raised her fingers and formed it into ‘V’.

“Good girl”

“You too” Minhyuk raised his eyebrow when he heard her request “What?”.

“Promise me you’ll be back immediately” she began to sulk and it made him wrath to pinch her cheek softly.

“Ne, Miss Kang”

“Yah, how dare you to call me like that” her face turned red.

“Why? Someday you’ll put it on your last name” he smiled

“Kang Minhyuk” she was speechless.

“I’ll be missing you” Minhyuk kissed her head in deep as he tightened his hug like he didn’t want to release her. If time could stop running.

 

Geuh del bo myun ul gool ee bbal geh jigo

Geuh del bo myun ga seum ee doogeun doogeun

Ah ee chuh lum soo joob geh mal hago

Geuh del bo myun gwen siri oo seum ee na

Babo chuh rum ja ggoo man geuh leh

Ama neh geh sarang ee on gut gatah

 

(when i look at you my face gets red II when i see you my heart goes thump thump II i talk with shyness like a kid II when i look at you i just smile out of now II herelike a fool I keep doing that II I think love came to me)

CNBLUE, Love Light


 

Dear readers, looks like I'll put an end to this story soon. I honestly lost the mood to continue it. any ideas? the story became more boring huh?, I'm sorry for making you disappointed. please bear with some grammatical error since it wasn't my main languange.

ps: finally I could use 'Love Light' song by cnblue in this chapter because it happened to fit the moment. :)
kekeke
 

Adios

 

_dChillz_