chapter seventeen

Love Actually

Knock.. knock

Jung Yonghwa knocked on Minhyuk bedroom door. He intends to awaken his friend because it was already noon. He opened the door knob and pushed it slowly because Minhyuk didn’t answer his knock as well.

“Ah, you’re awake?” Yonghwa said as he saw Minhyuk sat facing the window and stared blankly. He didn’t realize Yongie’s presence until he felt a hand grabbed his shoulder gently.

“Oh, hyung” He turned towards Yongie.

“Here, I made a hot tea for you” He said as he handed a glass of hot tea to Minhyuk. “Gomawo hyung” He received then sipped it slowly. Yonghwa let a deep sigh and sat on the bed next to him.

“…”

“…”

Silence filled the air. No one between them dare to started the conversation. Yonghwa was watching his mood while thinking how to get started.

“Hyuk-ah, what happened to you?” Finally he spoke first. As a leader and also the eldest of them, Yonghwa felt the need to know what the problems that faced by his friends. He wants to help as much as possible.

“…”

“It's okay if you can not tell it now” He still observed Minhyuk. His face was unreadable. “You can tell me whenever you want, I will listen and help you as best I could” Yonghwa stood up and intended to leave him alone, but his steps stopped when Minhyuk restrain his wrist.

“Hyung, what would you do if Shinhye noona stopped loving you and asked you away?” He said flatly. he kept looking out the window blankly.

“I wouldn’t let her go”

“What if she insisted?”

“I would fight to the death”

“…”

Yonghwa smiled unknowingly when he saw his reaction. He couldn’t ask for more. Yes, Kang Minhyuk lost his words. Yonghwa was success to checkmate him. He patted his shoulder then sat next to him.

“Soojungie, left you?” Yonghwa asked carefully while Minhyuk could only nod him in silence.

“It happened to me anyway” Minhyuk turned his head as he heard his brother statement. “Oh, Shinhye ever left me when the public began to suspect our relationship. That time, there are some fans who didn’t like her and wish I was dating another girl. Shinhye was so terrified and feel that our relationship wouldn’t  success.”

“Cheongmal? You guys broke up?” Minhyuk stared at him in amazement.

“Hmh, fortunately it wasn’t long, but quite enough to made me so crazy” He chuckled when memorized the bitter moment that ever happened to him and Park Shinhye. Yeah, he succeed to break the ice and made Minhyuk smiling.

“But our condition is different, Hyuk-ah, Shinhye and I could distract public attention by pretending to be a friend. So we could stay close. But you both have a different situation…” Yonghwa hung his sentece for a moment as he memorized his past. “Soojung isn’t a celebrity. She would be so terrified to face your rabid fans. She felt guilty as well because you involved into this scandal” Yonghwa and Minhyuk sighed in unison.

“What should I do, hyung?” he asked desperately. Yongie was right, Soojung must have been very frightened. How could she have been so stupid taking unilateral decisions and was speaking in public that she was the source of this scandal. Told them that she was guilty. If Minhyuk was at her side that time, he certainly wouldn’t  let it happen. He would never let Soojung sacrifice herself just like that.

“Never stop to convince her that you really love her, and let time heal the wounds of you both”

Minhyuk formed a smile. Yeah, Yongie’s wise words was quite enough to calm him. Suddenly he felt a new strength and confidence appeared in his heart. He believes he'll get through it. He knew that one day Soojung would return to him . This is only a matter of time. Yeah let’s pray for their best. Fighting hyukkie!!

“Gomawo hyung” He said sincerely while his eldest patted his shoulder and walked out of the room.

Beep. Minhyuk grabbed his cell phone to read the incoming message. It was from manager Kim.

Where are you Kang Minyuk? Mr. Kwang wants to meet you this afternoon. Meet us at his office room in an hour - Kim

For some reason, he felt something wasn’t right. He rushed to the bathroom to wash himself. He wanted to know what would they ask from him after succeed to force Soojung doing something wrong without his permission.


 

Three days passed after that painful incident. Soojung tried to rise from the ground. She was tired of continuously crying over Minhyuk when she remembered about their past. She tried to accept the situation, trying to let go even though her heart wasn’t willing. She obviously still loves him. But she couldn’t do nothing except tried to get up and strengthen her heart. Oh ottoke Soojungie?

Luckily, her friends are always there to accompany her. This three-days, Jiwon and Minho regularly came to her apartment. Not only preparing food for her, they were also tried to entertain Soojung by throwing jokes that succeeded in making Soojung laugh. Yes, they tried hard to distract her attention. Seeing this situation, Minho thought better to let go of his ex-girlfriend, but it doesn’t mean that he wanted to fight her to get back. He just wanted to help Jiwon to comfort her when his cousin, Kim Woobin wasn’t there, besides he couldn’t stand to watch her sorrow. He always wanted to wipe all her tears and extrude her sadness. Choi Minho has promised to himself that he would never let Soojung hurted. He hated a guy named Kang Minhyuk who has brought grief to her life. The guy he hated the most. Aishh don’t you see even Soojung couldn’t forget about him? Minho-ssi, you’re too much!

“Oh you came? I thought you were still on leave” Minho approached Soojung when she has just closed the door of her car.

“Oh, I was bored at home. After all the work is already waiting. You know, cnblue’s book is ready to be launched, so I need to prepare it” She shrugged her shoulder in desperation.

“Really? Why don’t you admit that you missed me already?” Minho winked playfully. His nasty act made Soojung pinched his waist. “Oppa!!” He ignored her cute pouted and kept teasing “Oh c’mon Kryssie, I can see it in your eyes”. This time Soojung didn't mind to smack his arm so hard, and made him begged her to stop.  They laugh together happily.

It wasn’t long after Soojung saw someone at the opposite way. Her smile was dissapeared when she saw Kang Minhyuk walked alone to her direction. He didn’t smile instead of ignoring her by his cold stare. Suddenly Soojung felt her heart was stabbed in her chest. It’s hurt. It’s really hurt. Kang Minhyuk walked past her without saying a word or even the slightest looked at her. Minhyuk just ignored her by the pair of his cold eyes. Her body stiffed and her heart sank when Minhyuk passed away.

“Cih, look at him. Typical superstar, what an arrogant!” Minho mocked him in irritation. He grabbed Soojung wrist and took her away. “Let’s go”. Soojung just followed him without any argue.

Choi Minho didn’t realize her gloomy face. She felt the urge to hold her tears. Yeah, her eyes was teary and heaten up. Tears was about to falling on her beautiful face. Please hold on, Soojung …

She hated his act just now. She cursed his bad behavior. He could at least say hi or  slightly bow to her. She knew she was guilty of unilaterally ended their relationship, but that didn’t mean Minhyuk could just ignore her right away. Does he think he is's all hurt, I hurt too. I had to pass this difficult time half to death while he was still able swing freely with his friends. So annoying! – Soojung cursed him a lot in her mind.

“Oppa” She called Minho as she stopped him right away. He turned towards her and startled to see her tears was falling on her cheeks. “What now, Jungie?” he wiped it by his thumb. “You promised me not to cry anymore”. Soojung was trying to control her tears and inhaled in deep. “Mianhe oppa, I just can’t stand to see him like that. It hurts me” Again, her tears was streaming without her permission.

“It’s alright, Soojung-ah. Please stop crying. I won’t see you like this” Minho patted her shoulder gently to transfer his strengthness. She nodded and smiled. She felt so bad to cry again in front of him.

“Okay, I think you better to see Woobin then. He would scold you if he saw this ugly face” he said while gently flicked the tip of her nose.

“YA! W-what? Woobin oppa has arrived?” she half-shouted while Minho could only nod her in silence and smiled in relief because of her smile appeared. It’s more than enough for him. “Let’s go” He dragged her again towards Woobin office room.

 

< Kang Minhyuk’s POV >

What I’ve just seen is the most annoying sights in my life. I didn’t expect to see her presence this morning - in the parking lot - with that guy, her ex-boyfriend named Choi Minho. I think I wanted to run towards her and get rid of that jerk’s arm from her body. How could she was so easily close to another man after arbitrarily ended our relationship? Is she has a heart? Whether it's just me here who feel the heartache and loss?. What an expression, Soojung-ah? I even saw you smile happily with that ing man.

I hit the wheel as I drove my car rapidly. That scenery was success to ruin my day. I was really upset when I saw Soojung walked hand in hand with another guy. It feels like I wanted to explode and scream out loud to release my anger. But I couldn’t.  

I know she was also in a difficult position. She must be very sad, I could see in her teary eyes. And I know, only that damned - guy that could help me to save and comfort her when I wasn’t around. Yes in the end I had to defeat my ego to handing her temporarily to his side. Not because I was willing to, but because I wanted to see Soojung smiles back. I just wanted to see her happy. I don’t want her to get involved within the problems even more complicated. I'm just going to be a fool if I insisted to keep her and bring her escaped. I wish I could do that. Please take care of her so well Minho-ssi. I wouldn’t one second letting you seduce her, but this time I entrusting you to take care of her.



“Oppaaa!” Soojung ran towards Woobin and rushed to hug him happily when she just arrived at his room. She came alone since Minho received a call from Mr. Choi.

“aigoo look like my dongsaeng already missed me a lot” Woobin ruffled her tip of head playfully when he broke their hug. “I am” She grinned her teeth, made Woobin chuckled. She looks like a kid after all.

“How have you been, sweetheart? Mind to tell me what happened to you and your handsome prince?” He and succeed to make her pouted. “Not now, it was long story” She said as she sat on the couch.

“Alright, you owe me the story then. Ah, how about the launching preparation?” He asked as he leaned on his back against the chair because of Soojung stole his favorite spot to rest. Woobin just arrived in Seoul yesterday after assigned to captute the natural beauty of Maldives’s beach for two weeks. He still got the jetlag.

“it’s done. I can’t hardly wait for tonight. I want to ended this project soon, so I could get out of this building immediately” She murmered in blankly expression. She said as her mind was flying away, fused with the air. she lied. She even felt the nervousness because of tonight's event.

“Soojung-ah, are you really get over him?” He finally asked her to the point as he changed his position. This time Soojung couldn’t dodge his question. Woobin couldn’t hold the urge of his curiosity. He wanted to know the truth. He wanted to hear it direcly from her.

“I-I..you know oppa” She shung her sentence as she felt her eyes was teary. The tears was about to falling down. “You know how much I love him. ottoke oppa? ottoke?” Woobin ran to catch her and pulled her into his embrace. He chuckled when Soojung tried so hard to manage her sobs. Suddenly, he felt so much in pain seeing his bestfriend’s sadness. He rubbed her back slowly to calm her. But she could only let the tears streaming down on her cheeks.

“I knew it, Kryssie. Don’t lie, at least never lie to your self that you still love him. You know, I believe him felt the same thing as you are. Minhyuk definitely still loving you even you asked him to stop loving you” Woobin sighed heavily and continued “Be honest to your heart, Kryssie. Don’t make it hard for you both” he said as he rubbed her head brotherly.


 

A hall in one of the luxury hotels in the Gangnam region transformed into a place full of romantic red roses. Yes, this place was designed for an event launching of the newest album and book of cnblue - cant stop - that was attended by journalists and a row of top Korean celebrities.

As usual, cnblue successfully catapulted a new single and received some positive response from the public. The songs that composed by the leader, Jung Yonghwa even has occupied the number one position in the Japanese music charts for two weeks. What a great result of their hard work over the years. They deserved it after all.

Tonight, Soojung looked very pretty in her sleeveless dress. That navy blue dress succeed to expose her bright and sof skin under the spotlight. She didn’t put much cosmetic onto her beauty face. She decided to make it soft so she wouldn’t get the attention from enyone else.

This is it. The events that she had waited for the last six months finally accomplished. Finally she was able to finish this book project perfectly. The project which brought her into the arms of Minhyuk. The project which make her admits how much she loves that famous drummer. She didn’t regret it, even felt a little empty because she had to finish this job, which means bring her out of the FNC building, brought her away from Minhyuk. Maybe it was her last time to see him. She would see him only in television or youtube channel. She couldn’t reach him anymore. She smiled awkwardly as she managed the tears so hard.

“You look very pretty, Kryssie” Soojung turned to the source of the voice and found Minho stood up behind her. He looked gorgeous in black tuxedo, she bet that so many girls would lining up to get his attention. Aigoo look at him, even his eyes were very dangerous ckckck.

“Oh you’re here oppa” She smiled.

“Omo, how many celebrities that you invited, huh?” Minho looked surprised to see how many top celebrities passing in front of him. “Look, it was FT Island! Omo, you invited SNSD too? Daebak! What a pretty and y Seohyun!” he half-shouted in surprise tone.

“Ya! Lowered your voice, oppa! don’t you see people could heard your annoying comment?” Soojung pinched his waist as she felt so embarrased because of his behavior. She covered her face by her palm to hide her embarrassement.

“Soojung-ah, you’re here? Aah nice to meet you” she was startled when Park shinhye appeared in front of them and hugged her tight.

“Eonni, you’re here?” She said blankly. Of course she was there. She’s the famous Park Shinhye! How come you didn’t recognize her as the one of Korean top actress besides she’s Jung Yonghwa’s closest friend a.k.a girlfriend after all. aigoo what a pity Soojungie!

“I heard about the rumor, just ignore it Kryssie. You both deserve to be happy together” Shinhye said sincerely.

“Gomawo eonni” she had no idea how to reply her. Long story, very long story to argue anyway.

“Alright then, I wish we could meet another time. I would love to hear it all from you, ok?” Shinhye said as she patted her arm gently, then walked away after Soojung nodded and gave her a hug once again. She stared at Shinhye’s silhouette before she dissapeared between the crowds. Gosh, she was very pretty in a white long dress. She looks like an angle. She felt envy seeing her perfection. No wonder Yonghwa hyung fell in love with her. She such a goddess from heaven.

 

The journalists suddenly ran toward the entrance. They surrounded the end of the driveway where the guest car stopped. Who’s coming? – Soojung thought as she lifted her head to focusing her eye sight. The journalists finally stood in a row of elongated after security officers emptied the driveway. Flash of camera lights shimmered in the air, just as the door of luxury van was open and cnblue’s member came out one by one. That was Jung Yonghwa followed by the three other members Lee Jonghyun, Lee Jungshin and the last Kang Minhyuk. The fans were shouted calling out their names hysterically.

Instantaneously, Soojung realized how famous cnblue. How far the difference between her and Minhyuk. She was just an ordinary journalist while Minhyuk was a superstar whose name was hailed by the girls throughout the world. Suddenly she felt that she wasn’t nobody.

She smiled when each of cnblue’s passed her, but she felt her body went stiff when he saw the last guy who just passed her without mind to glance at her back. Kang Minhyuk walked hand in hand with another girl, she knew her. She already knew her. The one who always made her insecure everytime she was around him. The closest friend of Minhyuk. the one who succeed to make Soojung so jealous and afraid of losing her Minhyuk. she was Woori who walked with Minhyuk. She took a light gaze to Soojung and gave her a winning smile. Yes, she was grinning sarcastically to Soojung because she was succeeded to dropped her jaw by her presence in side the man who really she loved. Woori has stolen Minhyuk from her side. Yeah she made it, while Soojung could only stiffed in her position. She felt her heart was broken into pieces.

What now, oppa? Is this the way how you get rid of  me?

Soojung ran from the crowd. Tears was falling down on her cheeks. It kept falling even she was trying to wipe it continously. It didn’t help. It would keep falling no matter how hard you tried to wipe it away. It useless, Soojung-ah..

Minho cathed her and pulled her into his arms when they arrived at the corner of the hall. It was deserted since the guest gathered in the main hall.

“Let go, oppa! Let go of me!!” she shouted in frustration. She kept control her sobs while Minho held her so tight to remain her in his embrace. “I won’t. I just can’t!” he insisted. Soojung gave up and let out her emotions by hitting the back of Minho slowly between her sobs. She cried in so much pain all over her heart. why oppa, why?? – she kept asking in her mind. She had no idea how to survive seeing him hand in hand with another girl. That place should be belongs to her. She should be the one who walked with Minhyuk, not her …

I know I have a fickle heart and bitterness,

And a wandering eye, and a heaviness in my head,

But don’t you remember?

Don’t you remember?

The reason you loved me before,

Baby, please remember me once more,

(By Adele, Don’t you remember)

 


 

Dear beloved readers,

I promised I would update very soon since it’s already weekend, yay!

Please don’t be a silent reader. Just share your mind, advise or critiques in the comment’s box below. I would love to read it. Thank you J

 

Lots of love

 

_dChillz_