chapter eighteen

Love Actually

Soojung washed her face with water in the  sink then brush up on her face with a thin makeup. She let out a heavy sigh while looking herself in the mirror. She couldn’t believe what she had seen earlier. Is he really Kang Minhyuk? She shook her head to convience herself that she wasn’t wrong. That handsome guy was definetely her Minhyuk, her ex-boyfriend. She felt like she wanted to run away, but Minho was right, she shouldn’t give up. She had to deal with it bravely. Soojung closed her eyes as she gathered the strength to stand up tonight. Yeah, she must be strong. She must finish what she has started before. Soojung sighed hard and nodded in confident before left the rest room.

Yonghwa’s low voice was greeting all the guest. After held a press conference, cnblue walked to the stage to perform a few songs from their latest album. Soojung walked up to the stage and stopped at the edge of a row of bleachers. She listened the song carefully. It sounds so mellow at the beginning. Yonghwa sang the intro of can’t stop song with a full appreciation. The song immediately sounds melancholy. Soojung looked away when Minhyuk looked at him intensely from behind the drum set.

I will think of you

just once a day, miss you

I’ll try to forget

you just once a day

Can’t I?

Can’t I?

If I can’t,

then what do I do?

(Cnblue, Can’t stop)

 

He smiled warmly at her. Soojung initially could only look away, but finally she braved herself to raise her face and stared at Minhyuk. That man's smile is getting chapped. he didn’t take his eyes off Soojung even for one second. Minhyuk didn’t care about a few pairs of eyes that had noticed him from afar. He just wanted to keep staring at the girl he loved the most. Soojung blushed. She bit her lower lip to hold back her smile which is getting chapped. She glanced away to the other direction, but ended up towards a pair of slanted eyes behind the drum set.  They smiled shyly. Her smile succeeded to raise his spirits up. Minhyuk hit the drum vigorously while Soojung looked at him lovingly. He always succeeded to make Soojung blush.

 

Can’t stop me now, Can’t stop me now

The scent of spring that resembles you is still cold

Can’t stop me now, Can’t stop me now

I can’t stop,

I can’t stop loving you

(Cnblue, Can’t stop)

 

 

“Journalists are not allowed in here. Don’t you know this place is special for celebrities?” Soojung turned her head to the source of the voice and found Woori stood behind her. Her hands on her hips, grinning sarcastically towards Soojung. Ouch what an arrogant girl! you’ll be in trouble soon, Woori-ssi.

“Oh really? Don’t you know that I was the one who invited you to this event” Soojung said in a straight tone as she stared at Woori coldly. For God’s sake this girl is really pissed her off. Seeing her arrogant attitude, somehow Soojung felt a new strength came up inside her. She wasn’t afraid to face this girl. she even interested to know what she wants from her.

“Daebak Krystal Jung. You still dare to show up in public after that scandal came up. Not yet satisfied to seduce him, huh? What a shame!” Woori mocked her in irritation, made Soojung bit her lower lip to hold her anger.

“Stop it, Woori-ah” Minhyuk suddenly appeared and interrupted their hot conversation.

“Oppa, this girl really pissed me off. She was so rude to me” Woori circled her hand to his spoiled while Soojung rolled her eyes annoyed. Why in the world she had to meet that annoying girl, jinjja!

“Soojung-ah, mianheyo. Just ignored what you’ve heard before” Minhyuk said firmly, made Woori startled and wanted to protest him. But immediately he patted her palm as a sign to her to shut .

“Yeah of course” She murmured as she gently tossed her hair. She looks didn’t care at all.

“Can we talk for a moment please?” He asked

“In your dream!” Soojung walked passed them as she threw sheets of paper containing of the rundown event right to his chest. Minhyuk and Woori could only gawk seeing her rude reaction. Nice shot, miss Jung! You should slap him once as a reward for making you sad earlier kekeke.

 

A few hours later

Cnblue's newest album promo continued with a party that night. Guests danced wildly accompanied by the pounding upbeat song that earsplitting. Soojung is not the type of girl who likes to party. She had never even set foot in a nightclub. She didn’t like the type of upbeat music as well. Then she was step aside from the main hall and chose to sit in a quiet bar.

"Finally found a decent place" She muttered as she massaged her aching legs. The event tonight was really made her so tired, and because she was the person in charge of the event, so herself was the one who stayed until the event is over, while Minho and Woobin should go first to fulfill the summons of the sudden meeting with Mr.Choi.

“Annyeong Soojungie, can I sit with you?” Soojung was almost spit her drink out when she heard Park Shinhye called her. “Uh-oh, sure eonni” she smiled.

“You drink alcohol?” Shinhye pointed her glass of red wine by her chin. “Huh? Oh occasionally” she relied shyly. “Alright then, I’ll order the same drink as yours” Shinhye said cheerfully as she called the bartender and ordered a glass of red wine.

“…”
“…”

“…”

Silence filled the air. Suddenly Soojung felt uneasy sitting next to famous Park Shinhye. She wonder what she wanted to do from her now.

“Are they already left the venue?” She finally spoke to break the ice between them.

“Not yet I guess. Wae? you wanna meet Minhyuk?” she smiled playfully when she began to .

“Aniya! I thought that you’ll go home with Yonghwa hyung” Soojung said as she touched and played with her empty glass.

“Nope, my manager will drive me home, besides four of them will go home with their van. You know that luxury van” both of them burst in laughter.

Since the first time she met Shinhye, Soojung felt Shinhye was a different type of woman. She doesn’t like other female celebrity. She was very humble and humorous. Her warm attitude is very similar to Yonghwa, no wonder if they both are made ​​for each other. Some people say that our partner is a reflection of ourselves. Maybe they both looked like that. They were both really friendly and low profile. Soojung was very happy to know her.

“Soojung-ah, previously I’m sorry if I am too sassy to ask you this. I just wanted to hear it directly from you.” Shinhye said in a serious tone. “About the scandal between me and Minhyuk oppa?” Soojung was immediately guessed. Shinhye nodded and continued to say “I don’t meant to interfere you two” she sincerely said.

“It’s nothing eonni. You must be knew it from Yonghwa hyung. It wasn’t true. But ottoke eonni? I don’t want to impede his carrier” Soojung told her stammered. “If I insisted to keep our relationship, his fangirls might be hate him and it means that I would immerses his carrier and dreams as well”

Shinhye gently rubbed her palm when she saw Soojung turned so gloomy. She could feel her pain. She was also been there. “Be strong Jungie” Shinhye tried to comfort her.

“Honestly, I didn’t fully understand about you two. I only knew it from Yongie’s stories. One thing for sure, I'm very confident to tell you that Minhyuk still love you very much and didn’t willing to let you go.” Shinhye honest to her.

“…”
“Don’t you know how messy Minhyuk lately? Everyday he was always visited the nightclub to get drunk. Yonghwa also complained him about the lack of focus during band practice. He was very messy”

Soojung was really surprised to hear her words. She stared Shinhye in amazement.

“I swear I didn’t lie to you” Shinhye continued as she saw her blankly staring. “What about Woori? Why he was dating her?” Soojung was in the urge to fulfill her curiosity.

“You shoud ask him about that. only him is entitled to answer your question, because no one knows”

“But eonni..” suddenly Shinhye’s cell phone rang. Soojung stopped to ask when Shinhye gave her a sign to shut up because she wanted to answer the call.

“I’m sorry darling I’ve to go. Yonghwa oppa called me to meet him. it’s alright for you to sit alone then?” Shinhye felt uneasy to leave her between their intense conversation. “It’s okay eonni. Gomaweyo” she bowed politely.

“don’t get drunk! Ahrasso?!” she warned Soojung like she was her own sister. Soojung raised her right thumb as an ‘ok’ for her. They bowed and waved each other.

-

Soojung let a heavy sigh when she got back to the bar stool. She poured the red wine into her empty glass and sipped it slowly. The shadow of Minhyuk’s face suddenly appeared in her mind. The memory of their first encounter in Japan. A moment when they were trapped in an elevator for two hours. A moment that brought their relationship progressed to become more serious. Soojung suddenly laughed herself when she remember how silly Minhyuk to get rid of Jonghyun because he wanted to sit with her that time.

She smiled bitterly remember how jealous he was that time, how he was ever really loved herself without any excuse. And finally, the memory ended in a moment where she was had to release him and then saw him walked with another girl.

Soojung sipped her drink endlessly when that painful memory appeared fulfill her mind. She tried to erase some memories of their good times by drank glasses of alcohol endlessly. She didn’t care how many glasses of red wine she had gulp. Nobody would care about her anyway. They were too busy with their own bussiness tonight.

“Stop it, dear. You want to die,huh?” Soojung was startled when she saw Minhyuk held her hand blurry.

“Oh I thought that you were Shinhye eonni. How have you been oppa?” Soojung said in an unclear tone.

“You drunk. Let me drive you home”

Minhyuk held her hand when Soojung tried to wave her hand as a sign that she wouldn’t let him to do that. He took his cell phone and dialled Park Shinhye’s number.

“Noona, can I borrow your car? I’ve to take Soojung home. She drunk. … Nde, gomawo noona. Please don’t tell anyone about this especially manager Kim” Minyuk ended his call then helped Soojung to stand up. He bolster her out after paying the entire bills. He wanted to lift her body with a bridal style but he afraid of being caught by paparazzi. So he could only circled his left hand around her waist and helped her to walk.

 


Minhyuk opened the door of her apartment slowly as he lifted her body with a bridal style. Fortunately Jiwon was kindly to told him about the password of Soojung’s door. Minhyuk walked towards her bedroom and put her on the bed slowly. He didn’t want to wake her up. Then he covered her body with a warm pink blanket. She looks so pretty and peace in her deep slumber. Suddenly he felt so bad for making her sad lately. Minhyuk sighed as he caress her cheek lovingly.

Then his eyes met with a frame of him and Soojung photograph on the side table. He smiled when he remember about the moment in that photo. The moment when he just arrived in Seoul and rushed to picked her up for dinner. He remember how unconfident she was because her dress she wore that night though in his eyes Soojung looked very pretty. He smiled bitterly.

“Oppa, where are you?” Minhyuk stared intensely towards her face when he heard she was murmured something.

“Soojung-ah you wake up? I’m here” he gently rubbed her cheek. Slowly she tried to open her heavy eyes and touched her head when she felt so dizzy and nausea.

“Gwenchana?” he assure her as he helped her to sit down. “I’m a bit dizzy. Uh-oh I need to go to the toilet first” she ran to the bathroom and vomited on the toilet hole. Minhyuk approached her and rubbed her back to comfort her.

“Go out oppa, please” she waved her hand as a sign for Minhyuk to go out,but he insisted to stay beside her. He didn’t care how disgusting she was. He only care about her health.

Minhyuk took the tissue and gave it to her. “Gomawo oppa” she said as she cleaned . Minhyuk helped her to stand out and bolster her towards the bed. They sat face to face.

“Why you here?”

“Don’t you remember?” he said as she shook her head. “You drunk. I drove you home with Shinhye noona’s car”.

“Cheongmal?” she widen her eyes as she felt surprise hearing his answer.

“Aigoo, since when the girl I love most has a hobby of drinking alcohol? Ckck” he chuckled as he ruffled the tip of her head playfully. “YA! I’m not drinker!” she yelled in irritation.

“Then what is this? I even could smell the alcohol scent of your mouth” Minhyuk kept teasing her.

“Ah jinjja?”

“Should I prove it?” Minhyuk leaned forward to get closer to her face, made her startled and pushed him away in one second. “YA! Oppa don’t you dare to touch me!” She shouted and pouted cutely while Minhyuk burst in his laughter.

“Wae? you don’t like it anymore? You used to like my lips, mind to taste it again?”

“Andwae!!” Minhyuk laughed loudly seeing her cute reaction. She stared sharply towards him and kept covering by her right palm to anticipate him to kiss her right away.

“Ya, promised me that you won’t drunk anymore. I can’t stand to see you like this, dear” Now his voice turned to be serious. “You  too, oppa” she whispered.

“Mwo? How do you know that I was drunk?” he furrowed his eyebrow and guessed who was told her about his bad habit lately, it must be Yongie hyung or Jungshin – he thought.

“Shinhye noona  told me” she grinned her teeth. “Aishh that brat jinjja!” he hissed upset. “Ya! You shouldn’t say that to your noona, pabo!” she smacked his arm, made him let an “aw” from his mouth.

“Alright I’m sorry. Ahh you can’t just listen whatever you heard from others. You should only listen and look at me” he cupped her face and caress it softly. Soojung took it away as she felt her cheeks was heating up. She must be blushing now.

“Whatever!” she leaned back her body towards the bed and covered her face with the blanket. She felt really shy and uneasy in front of him. Ya Kang Minhyuk how dare you to say those words after breaking her heart? aishh where’s your pride anyway?!!

“Alright then, you should rest now. I’m leaving first” Minhyuk stood up and mind to escape before he felt Soojung withstand his wrist. “Don’t go. Could you stay here? At least just for tonight” she whispered but Minhyuk could still hear it clearly.

He changed his mind and sat next to her. Soojung turned  towards him and stared to his slanted eyes lovingly. She smiled when Minhyuk caress her cheek. “Gomawo oppa” she said as she felt her tears of happiness was falling down. “You know I’ll always be there for you, dear” He said sincerely as he kissed her right palm.

“Go sleep. I’m here to accompany you tonight” he pulled the blanket to cover her entire body then left the warmth kiss on her forehead. He inhaled her scent even she smell so bad because of the alcohol. He didn’t mind with it as he could smell her scent everytime he wants.

“Good night sweetheart, I love you”


 

 

Annyeong,

What do you think of this chapter? You’re wrong if you think they were back together. they did ultimately admit their feelings, but there are still some obstacles that they have to deal in the future. well, just wait it patiently hehe.

A good reader should be share the opinion about what they had read. Please leave your comment below and bear with some grammatical error and typos as well. I’ll see u soon in the next chap.

 

Love,

_dChillz_