chapter nineteen

Love Actually

Kang Minhyuk just woke up when he d the mattress surface to find Soojung. But she wasn’t there. He got nothing unless a little pink memo patched on the side table. He rubbed his eyes to focusing his vision when he read that memo.

 

Oppa, have a breakfast first before you leave

I made some chicken cream soup on the dining table.

Oh, there I put Woobin’s shirt on the chair in case you need it to change your suit.

-Soojung-

 

“Mwo?! Kim Woobin ever stayed?? Ya! Jung Soojung you owe me an explanation soon!!” he hissed in annoyance then got up to stretch his body and gently massaged his temple as he felt a bit dizzy from lack of sleep lately, plus he just slept in the edge of her bed in sit position last night, which means it was uncomfortable position to rest all night long.

He inhaled and exhaled regularly to reduce his headache while kept scanning Soojung’s room once again. He loves the scent of vanilla that filled in the entire room, her favorite fragrance. He loves the way she decorates her private room in a feminine but cozy nuances.  She’s a very neat person, oh I wish she could share this room with me someday. I’m sure I would be enjoyed being here all day long. He chuckled in his own imagination. He grabbed the t-shirt that hung on the chair then rushed to the bathroom to clean himself.

-

-

After dressed, Minhyuk walked approaching the dining table to eat his breakfast that prepared by Soojung before she left. He opened the hood of food and inhaled the good smell of hot chicken soup as he smiled widen. Whoahh he was verry excited. He never felt as hungry as in this morning. Ah it would be so perfect if she was here to accompany me. I even feel her like my own wife. It would be so perfect if I could see her wearing an apron while cooking for our breakfast in the kitchen. Then she poured the water for me and tidied my tie before I leave. What a beautiful vision. – Again, he chuckled in his own imagination. Aigoo stop dreaming Kang Minhyuk!! Don’t you forget what kind of situation that you and Soojung have to deal with? Don’t you forget to bring her back into your embrace? Aigoo..

Beep. Good morning Soojung-ah, you sleep well? Ah I’m sorry I couldn’t drive you home last night. Mr. Choi was veerryy annoying! Hope you were okay. I’ll see you soon at the office, beautiful. Tiitt

Minhyuk gape when he heard the answering machine quieted. He believes that the voice belonged to Choi Minho, her former lover. Tch! What a cheesy you are Choi Minho! How dare you acted so sweet to her. Yeah it’s true that we had been broken up, but that doesn’t mean you could get her easily. I promise I will never give up on her. NEVER. I’m so sure she will return to mine someday, so don’t you even think to seduce her forever!! He hissed in his mind while clenched his fist in anger. Minhyuk felt like he wanted hit the answering machine until he realize that he wasn’t in his dorm, but hers. So he tried to calm himself down and continued eating joyfully.

***

 

“Morning beautifull” Soojung was startled when seeing Minho walked beside her, tried to equaling her steps. He smiled widely, oh there seems to be something that made him so happy this morning.

“Oh, hi oppa, you’re here” She smiled back as she catched a glimpse at Minho appeareance today. Oh my God he looks so neat and handsome in a blue sweater which fit in his body. His left hand was carrying a camera bag while the other hand was holding a cup of warm coffee.

“Ready to move out?” Ouch! So this is what makes you look so happy, Minho-ssi. Aigoo He even couldn’t hold his excitement as he grinned widely.

“Ne”Unlike him, Soojung said in a sad voice. She lowered her face to hide her sad expression, made him feel bad for feeling happy over her misery. He gently ruffled her hair, “Don’t worry Soojung-ah, you'll soon forget him and we will have fun together”.

“Ya! You ruined my hair, oppa” She pouted as she combed her hair by hand. Instead of feeling guilty, Minho even laughed in amusement. “Cute-ah” Soojung yelled in annoyance when he gently pinched her left cheek.

 

They didn’t realize that someone was watching them from afar. He was sculpting with an empty stare when he saw their intimacy right there. Kang Minhyuk felt so sad and dissapointed at the same time when he saw Minho was caressing her hair then laughed happily together. Yes she was smiling. On the other side, Minhyuk was relieved to finally could see her smiling and laughing again, but couldn’t lie to himself that he was so jealous at the same time. He felt anger radiating through his body. He walked past Soojung without intending to say hello or catched a glimpse on her. He tried hard to hide the pain inside. He just was so happy to have spent the night with her, but then the moment was destroyed along with the romantic scenery in front of him.

“Mwoya? He just passed without say anything. Yah Kang Minhyuk michyeoso?!”. Minhyuk could only smile bitterly when he heard Soojung was muttering in annoyance after he passed her away. It seems he wanted to turn around to hug her if only he didn’t remember about the agreement that he had promised to manager Kim that day. He let out a heavy sigh. Poor Hyukkie ...


 

Beep. Minhyuk grabbed his cell phone to read the incoming message. It was from manager Kim.

Where are you Kang Minhyuk? Mr. Kwang wants to meet you this afternoon. Meet us at his office room in an hour. – Kim

He furrowed his eyebrows as he felt something wasn’t right. He rushed to the bathroom to clean himself. He wanted to know what would they do or ask to him next after succeed to force Soojung doing something bad without his agreement.

“Eodiga?” Jonghyun was about to ask him to breakfast together when Minhyuk came out from his room in a hurry without answered his hyung question. Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrow as he looked at his friends in confuse. Jungshin and Yonghwa shrugged in unison.

 

In a few minutes, Minhyuk has arrived at FNC building and rushed to the CEO’s room. There he was, talking comfortably with manager Kim like nothing happened.   

“Oh Minhyuk-ssi, come inside” Mr. Kwang finally realized his presence and invited him to join them. Minhyuk closed the door as he walked approaching the two men in front of him.

“Aigoo looks like I haven't seen you. How have you been? busy, huh?” Mr. Kwang playfully while Minhyuk could only smile awkwardly. “Ah aniyo ahjussi” he replied.

“Really? but manager Kim just told me how crowded your schedule now” Mr. Kwang still cornered him while he just laughed. “How about the preparation of launching your new album? What can I do?”

“Yoga eobseo Ahjussi, we already prepare it well” He replied between his cute eye-smile.

“Jinjja? Alright then” Mr. Kwang nodded as he rubbed his chin. “I actually called you here to discuss something” Minhyuk’s face turned to be serious as he went stiff. He shifted to hear his words carefully.  “About your scandal with miss Krystal Jung” Mr. Kwang cleared his throat before continuing his sentence. Here it is – Minhyuk muttered in his mind.

“Since when did you know her?” He started to interrogating Minhyuk.

“Didn’t long”

“In Japan? I heard she were there to report your activity during the promo tour”

Minhyuk nodded him in silence.

“Do you love her” Minhyuk was startled hearing his question. He wouldn’t answer it ultimately since it’s his private life, but he couldn’t do nothing but nodded, “Ne”.

“Do you know who she is and you realize who you are now?”

“Ne, sir” he lowered his face to avoid Mr. Kwang gaze.

“If it so then stop associating with her. I already asked her to do the same thing” BOOM! Minhyuk suddenly felt someone had dropped a bomb in front of him. He was so shocked; he looked at Mr. Kwang and manager Kim alternately with a stare of disbelief. “Mwo?” that was the only word that comes out of his mouth.

“I asked you to stay away. Minhyuk-ssi look, you've just completed a new album and will soon release it to the public. Your relationship will only ruin everything. You didn’t want your career stopped after what you've been fighting for all this time, right?”

“...”

“He was right Hyukkie, you better let her go if you don’t want to involve of any scandal” Manager Kim finally spoke up. “b-but ahjussi ..” he wanted to argue before manager Kim cut his sentence off. “Please Hyukkie, don’t be so selfish. Think about the others. Don’t blame them into your scandal” he warned with a cold voice. Minhyuk sighed in frustration. He had no idea how to fight these two old-minded men.

“I love her ahjussi, I do so much in love with her” he said desperately. He threw his back against the seat to release his anger, then leaned his head on the upper of sofa. He stared the ceiling blankly.

“I understand. The puppy love is always very hard to forget. But I'm sure you can” Mr. Kwang smiled

“It wasn’t just a crush!! I LOVE HER with all my life. You didn’t know how important she is for my life” Minhyuk shouted in frustration. He lost control. He didn’t care what would they think of his attitude just now. He just wanted to throw it all.

“Don’t you remember about the others? Jung Yonghwa? Lee Jonghyun? Lee Jungshin? DID YOU HAVE THE HEART to destroy their dreams for the sake of your love affair?!!” Manager Kim shouted back to him. His stubborn attitude managed to provoke his emotions. “Don’t you remember about your big fans out there?!! They begging you to hear what they wanted from you, but you just IGNORE it all!!” the aura of anger filled the entire room. Mr. Kwang kept silent seeing his staffs was yelling each other.

“I only human, I deserve to be happy as well” Minhyuk said in desperation. He combed his hair roughly as he felt so much in pain all over his heart.

“Don’t you forget that you’re an entertainer, young man?” Manager Kim smirked sarcasticly. “You can’t do nothing but please the fans!!, so that they would keep supporting you no matter what, so you can still exist in this world of entertainment” He checkmated Minhyuk while he couldn’t reply his words.

“...”

Manager Kim let out a heavy sigh then lowered his voice, “I’m doing this for the good of you guys. I raised the four of you as my own kids. Of course I want see you success” He stood up and patted Minhyuk’s arm gently. His eyes shows how tired he was to fix this scandal.

“...”

“Honestly I don’t want to oppose your relationship as well. I didn’t want to see you and Soojung suffer. I love her as well. She's a good and well-mannered young lady. But this time, please understand about the situation, Minhyoku.” Manager Kim said sincerely.

 Minhyuk closed his eyes resignedly. He felt very dilemma. He admitted that his manager was right. He couldn’t be so selfish, he didn’t want to let the others involved into this scandal as well. He didn’t want to drowning their carrier after all this time. But in the other side, he couldn’t let her go. He’s too much in love with that girl. She was like a magic. She brought the happiness into his life. She’s the one who has made Minhyuk feel the real meaning of happiness after all his daily routine made his life as a robot. You decide, Minhyuk-ssi .... it’s fully your choice.

He sighed heavily and gave up, “Alright, what can I do for you now?” He stared at them blankly.

“Go on date with Woori-ssi” Mr. Kwang said to the point.

“Mworago? Yah michyeoso?!!” Minhyuk a half shouted.

“Ne, dating Kim Eun-Hye could probably drown the rumors down” Mr. Kwang said calmly.

“Andwae! How come you brought her into this? She’s like my own sister!” Minhyuk sat as he covered his face with his united hand desperately. He couldn’t imagine Woori was becoming his soon-to-be girlfriend, replacing Soojung.

“She was the one who can help you through this. You know, your fans have been waiting for this for a long time. They want you guys dating, just like your relationship on screen”

Minhyuk closed his eyes. He wanted to explode. He wanted to fight him back. He wanted to yelled because of his crazy idea, But he couldn’t do nothing.

“Okay, with one condition” he asked. “Don’t you ever touch Soojung no matter what” he emphasized the last word to warned the two of them.

“Don’t worry, Mr. Kang. She’ll be safe” Mr. Kwang replied sincerely.

Maybe he lost Soojung that day, for God’s sake he didn’t want to let her go. Deep in his heart Minhyuk promised himself to win her back and fight them all together. He was waiting for the right time to do that. Someday, you’ll see.

 

Love that once hung on the wall

Used to mean something, but now it means nothing

The echoes are gone in the hall

But I still remember, the pain of December

(Avril Lavigne feat Chad Kroeger, Let Me Go)

 


 

 

That afternoon, Choi Minho and Kim Woobin helped Soojung to pack her stuffs. That was the last day they worked on a reputable agency’s building in south korea. Proud, of course, they feel proud to have sat in one of the rooms in this magnificent building. However, feeling of sadness more infiltrate into her heart. She has a lot of memories with Kang Minhyuk here. It feels reluctant to stepping out of this room which meant she had to forget all the memories with him. Jung Soojung smiled bitterly.

“What is it?” Minho asked her when he saw her lips formed a bitter smile just now. “Huh? Uh-oh aniyo oppa” She waved her hand to assure him that nothing happened with her.

“What are you smiling about?” Minho instated to know the truth. Yah! What a stubborn you are, young man!

“I told you it’s nothing oppa” just like him, Soojung was insist to not revealing her mind.

“Ya! Ya! Ya!  What the hell are you guys arguing about? Can you guys just do it quietly?” Woobin scolded them, made them stop bickering.

BLAM! Someone just opened the door roughly. The three of them just gawk when they saw Kang Minhyuk stood up with a cold stare.

"What do you want here?" Minho asked in a cold tone. Men’s instinct, Minho unconsciously moving forward as if to protect Soojung who stood behind him. He didn’t want to see Minhyuk hurt her anymore. He had enough seeing Soojung wept over him for days. He felt to see the one he loved the most crying over another man in front of him.

“I..I umh I was..” Suddenly he lost the words. “Yah Kang Minhyuk, what are you talking about, huh?” Minho still cornered him. “Mr. Kwang…wants to see you. Yeah right, he asked me to tell you that he wants to meet you at his office…now!” he emphasized the last word to assure Minho that he has to rush to CEO’s room. Omo! Good idea Minhyuk-ssi. You wrote such a good idea to lie them all. Seems like you gifted to be a writer kekek..

“What? Is he? Umhh alright guys I’ll see you soon” Minho said goodbye to his friends without any intention to say goodbye to Minhyuk. Minho closed the door. Then the awkwardness moment of silence filled the air. Minhyuk stared at Soojung while she threw her gaze everywhere but him. Woobin felt so uneasy to see their actions. Oh c’mon guys!

“You’re already conveyed the message. Now what, Minhyuk-ssi?” Kim Woobin’s question succeeded to checkmate him. “Uh-oh I…I” he tried so hard to create an excuse. “I just wanna see someone here” He muttered.

“Who? Me?” Woobin kept teasing him playfully. “Soojung, I missed her to the death” he said sincerely then walked out of the room.

Soojung could only sculpting to hear his confession just now. She didn’t expect Minhyuk to do that thing. Suddenly came to her room just to say he missed her so much. Suddenly she felt her face heating up. “Omo! Look at your face Jungie-ya, your red cheeks even look like tomatoes!!” Woobin laughed loudly as he in amusement. “Yah, oppa!!” she pouted.

Soojung didn’t realize that Minhyuk was standing still behind the door. Tears streaming down his cheeks as he closed his eyes tightly. He had never felt so miss someone like this. Maybe he just looked stupid, but he did not care as long as he can stare at the girl's face that he missed the most. He did not care if she laughing at his stupid attitude. He really missed Soojung and hoped that time can be stopped so that he could go back to the room to hug her even if only just a moment. Keep holding on, Minhyuk-ah.. Storm will soon pass…

 

 

 

I miss you, I miss your smile

And I still shed a tear every once in a while

And even though it's different now

You're still here somehow

 

My heart won't let you go

And I need you to know

I miss you, sha la la la la

I miss you

(Miley Cyrus, I Miss You)