chapter twenty

Love Actually

After launching their latest album a few days ago, cnblue become extremely busy. They received so many offers of gig, interview and also magazine photo shoot from everywhere. Kim manager was busy arranging their schedules while all four members of cnblue focused practicing at studio in their spare time.

“No..no, the tone isn’t like that, Hyuk-ah. Let’s try again” Yonghwa lead them all during practicing session that afternoon. He looks a bit annoyed because Minhyuk repeatedly made ​​mistakes during practice. Minhyuk beats the drum once again, tried to harmonize the melody of other’s instruments.

“Yeah, just like that” Yongie relieved when his maknae was finally able to compensate the rhythm of their music. But it wasn’t long when Minhyuk made another mistakes. It succeeded to drop the others mood.

“Yah! You did it again!” Jungshin yelled as he felt so sick of his stupidity. “What’s wrong with you, Hyukkie? You looks so out of focus today!” Yonghwa scolded him once again while the suspect was mostly silent without a word. He looked at the pile of drums with blank stares. He didn’t know why he suddenly was not excited today.

“Maybe we should break for awhile. Hyukkie-ya, are you not feeling well?” Jonghyun attempted to neutralize the atmosphere. He knew something happened to his second maknae. But he tried to calm down everybody.

“Huh? Oh aniyo hyung” He shook his head, “Let’s do it again” he pluged-in the earphone then took his drumsticks, ready to start it again, while the other three could only stare at him confusely.

“Alright, let’s start with can’t stop song” Yonghwa commanded them.

 

Knock .. knock ..

Someone knocked on the studio door and pushed it slowly, just as the last song of the day's practice session ended. Soojung popped her head to take a peek cnblue’s activity.

“O, Soojung-ssi, Woobin-ssi, please come in” Jonghyun invited her in when he placed his guitar rests on a sound system. They were all surprised to see their arrival, especially Minhyuk who suddenly froze with his mouth slightly open.

“Annyeonghaseyo” Soojung bowed politely, “Did I bother you all?” she smiled wider as she stepped inside, followed by Kim Woobin from behind.

“Aniyo, we had just finished. Whoah what is it?” Yong said as he glanced at the package brought by her excitedly while the other three were laying down on the couch. They’re very tired after practice for hours.

“Here, we bought some pizza for you” she handed two stacks of pizza box to Yongie. “Omo! Gomaweyo Soojung-ah, Woobin-ah, aahh you know we’re really hungry” He took the boxes and rushed to open it while the Lee’s brother immediately stood and jumped like a kid.

“Wohoo kamsahabnida!!” Jungshin said cheerfully as he grabbed a slice of pizza then bribe it into his mouth. “Nde, you’re welcome oppa” she smiled happily. She catch a glimpse at Minhyuk while he was lay down his head on the upper of sofa with eyes closed. Suddenly her smile turned to be an awkward. She didn’t know why her heart was still pounding crazily everytime she saw him. She felt like she wanted to run to him, pulls him into her arms and hug him tight. But all she could do  just let out a heavy sigh.

“Yah! Kang Minhyuk, you don’t want to eat? Don’t you hungry?” Jonghyun called him while still munching the food. Minhyuk stood up then walked lazily approaching them all who stood together around the table.

“You bought this?” He asked to Soojung as he grabbed the pizza and waved it in front of her face. Soojung nodded. “Wae?” he continued without any intention to eat it.

“We bought this as a farewell to you guys”  Woobin was the one who answer his question. “WHAT? Farewell? When? Why?” the other three shouted in unison.

Woobin and Soojung stared each other then nodded in chorus. “Nde oppa, we're about to leave this building and back to our own office” Soojung smiled. “Why so fast?” now Jungshin spoke up. “The book project has been completed, and there is no more reason for us to settle here” she replied as she drunk the soda.

“Unless you want to meet someone here” Woobin started to . Yonghwa, Jonghyun, Jungshin and him giggled together as Soojung smacked Woobin’s arm and pouted, “YAH Kim Woobin!!”. Minhyuk’s lips formed into a sweet smile.

“Ah, you don’t have any boyfriend, right?” Jungshin asked  enthusiastically while Soojung nodded she smiled awkwardly. “So let me be your boyfriend, Jungie-ya” he leaned on her shoulder spoiled, make Soojung gasped with his aegyo. She let out an awkward smile while the others rolled their eyes in disbelief.

“YAH Lee Jungshin!!! You want to die?!!” Minhyuk shouted as he pulled away his chingu from Soojung’s side. All of them giggled seeing his jealousy.

“Aigoo, look at his eyes. I could even die just by looking at his eyes” Jungshin playfully. He clapped his hands as he laugh loudly until he felt his eyes started to teary because of too happy to laugh at his best friend.

 “Kajja!!” Minhyuk grabbed her wrist then took her out of the room, leaving them all behind who still laughed loudly. He's too embarrassed to remain in the room. He believes, if he remained there, his friends would be more tempting him. He didn’t want to be the fun of mocking in front Soojung.

 

 

“Yah! Let me go, oppa!” Soojung tried hard to release his grip on her wrist, “Andwae! Just follow me this time” He insisted. He dragged Soojung into elevator then took her to the rooftop. He needed to talk to her alone, without any interference.

A few minutes later, they arrived at the top of the building. There was no one there. Minhyuk and Soojung stared views of the city that outspread in front of them. They were standing side by side in silence.  Long enough silence, but pleasant enough to be enjoyed. They both enjoyed every second that passes in silence. They were too busy in their own thoughts and reluctant to disperse the silence. They just wanted to stand together side by side.

“Minhyuk oppa” she called him without shook her head. Minhyuk turned his head towards her. “We should leave before anyone sees us” she continued.

“Shirro!” He insisted as he pouted like a little kid who doesn’t bought for balloons by his parents. Soojung stared him in disbelief yet amused at the same time.

“Okay, then I’ll just go” Soojung will just stepped when he held her arm sternly. “Please stay for a while, Jungie-ya” He stared at her sadly. Yeah Soojung obviously saw sadness written all over his handsome face, but she persisted to leave him alone.

“Soojung, please” he still begged at her while she was about to walk away. “I can’t oppa, I just can’t” She threw her gaze everywhere but him.

Minhyuk was almost crazy to face this girl, “Why? For God’s sake Soojung I know how you feel” He closed his eyes to reduce the pain, “Why don’t you admit it and comeback to me. We get through it together” He tried hard to convince her while she couldn’t stare back at him.

“Not that easy, Kang Minhyuk!!” They were both surprised to hear the words that had just thrown by Soojung. She never called Minhyuk by his full name before. As a person who is two years older than her, abstinence for her to call him by his full name. But the emotion was disperse the rules, even though it doesn’t actually written yet exist in her heart. Minhyuk loosen her grip slowly.

“I’m sorry oppa, I think we should really split right now. There are many things that make us does not be together” she whispered but Minhyuk could hear it clearly.

“What is it? Tell me WHAT IT IS!!!” He yelled in desperation. He combed his hair roughly then hit the wall in front of him to release the anger that filled his heart. “You know, you make me crazy, Jungie-ya!! You know how much I love you, and I know how you feel as well. Why don’t you just accept my heart?!” tears started to falling down on his cheeks as evidence of how much it hurt his heart

“You really want to know it? Should I revealed it once more?!!” she yelled back at him, “First, because our boss against our relationship. Secondly, because you’re DATING with Woori now, and third, because you are Kang Minhyuk, the famous cnblue’s drummer who adored by lots of women around the world. Then who am I? I'm just an ordinary girl who loves you, I LOVE YOU very much!! While your fans desperately opposed our relationship and hoping you to marry her. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!!” she shouted at him in frustration as she managed her breath because threw those long sentences in a flash.  Tears were streaming down her face even turned into sobs. Minhyuk froze as  he heard all of her words.

“I’m sorry oppa, jinjja mianheyo” she said between her sobs. “I can’t continue this relationship. I’m too tired and scared to face all of it. I also don’t want to hurt a lot of people here”. Then she touched his palm and held it tight, “Thank you for loving me, oppa. Thank you for giving me a lot of sweet memories that I will never forget.” She said as she released her grip slowly.

“Soojung-ah ..” he tried to cut off her sentences with a blankly stare but she kept talking. “I know someday you'll find someone who's right for you.” for the last time, she gave him her bitter sweet smile, “Annyeong oppa” then she turned around and left him behind.

 

Gave you the space so you could breathe,

I kept my distance so you would be free,

And hope that you find the missing piece,

To bring you back to me,

(Adele, Don’t you remember)

 

Minhyuk stood still when she left him. He still didn’t believe what he had just heard before. he was sure he heard wrong. Soojung couldn’t possibly leave him just like that. Minhyuk stared blankly at her shadow that lost behind the barrier wall. While the tears still flowing down his cheeks.

Don’t leave me Soojung, please I’m begging you, don’t you ever leave me

You know how much I love you

How can I live without you by my side?

His legs suddenly felt very weak. He knelt as if no longer able to stand. Minhyuk grabbed the jerseys in the chest, as if trying to hold back the pain pierced through his heart.

I should have cared for you a little more

I should have loved you a little more

A regretful love is leaving me

Kang Minhyuk cried in bitterness. Somebody please save him. He felt like he has lost his world all of a sudden. Just hold on for once more, Minhyuk-ah or maybe it’s the right time to let go …

 

Skies are crying

I am watching

Catching teardrops in my hands

Only silence as it's ending

Like we never had a chance

Do you have to make me feel like there's nothing left of me?

(Demi Lovato, Skyscaper)

 


 

This has been a month Soojung locked herself in the room. She just locked herself in the room after returning from work. Most of the time is filled with lazing in bed or watching TV with a blank stare. She didn’t even know what is being watched, only busied herself even though she knew she was failed. Whatever she does always remind herself to Minhyuk. In the end, she just crying all night long and woke up with a wide eye bags. It was hard for her to close her eyes, her condition was similar to a zombie. Fortunately, she allowed her friends like Jiwon, Woobin and Minho to come into her apartment. Were it not for kindness of them to buy some food for her, perhaps Soojung decided not to eat forever because she was too lazy for stepping out.

“What movie will we watch now?” asked Jiwon as munching some popcorn in . She threw her body lazily on the couch joining Woobin and Minho who already sat beside her. “Rock star movie” Minho said proudly. This time he initiated them to watch it since he’s a big fan of Jennifer Aniston who has a starring role in that movie.

“What movie?” Soojung suddenly appeared carrying a glass of orange juice in his right hand. “Ah Jungie-ya, sit here” instead of answering the question, Minho just told her to sit beside him. “You don’t answer me yet, oppa. What movie?” She insisted to ask the tittle of the movie as she walked and sat on the single chair. Jiwon and Woobin could feel an awkward atmosphere when they heard Soojung a half-shouted to him. Looks like this time you choose the wrong movie, Minho-ssi.

“The movie tells about what?” Soojung furrowed her eyebrow suspiciously, made ​​Minho feel nervous all of a sudden. “Uhm, oh it..umh, the story is about a tribute band singer whose ascendance to the position of lead vocalist of his favorite band, then he …”

“A BAND?” Soojung just cut off his unfinished sentences and a half-shouted to him in disbelief. “N-Ndeh, Soojung-ah” Minho just nodded while the other two could only gulped in silence. Minho could feel the beads of sweat began to flow from his forehead as he stared at her fierce face.

“There are so many movies that we can watch, WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THAT MOVIE?!” and finally she let out her anger and yelled at Minho in irritation. “Mianhe Jungie-ya, I don’t meant to ..”

“YAH CHOI MINHO!! You should have asked me first before play the movie, don’t you remember this house belongs to whom?” again, she cut off his unfinished sentences, made him so nervous. She crossed her hands in front of her chest when Jiwon approached her to calm her down. Oh c’mon Minho, you’re really know how to get her nerves, ckckck.

“Yah, calm down Kryssie, he didn’t mean to offend you” Jiwon rubbed her back to reduce her anger while Soojung kept staring at Minho fiercely. “Again! why in the world I have to deal with the band? I saw or heard anything that must be related to a band?!!” this time, Soojung decided to hug her best friend as she felt tears streaming down on her cheeks. Jiwon kept rubbing her back while the boys could only stare at her in silence. They didn’t know how to deal with tears anyway.

“I tried so hard to forget him, but I just failed. I can’t forget him, Jiwon-nie” she said between her sobs. “I know how you feel, Jungie-ya” Jiwon still caressed her hair gently.

“Ottoke Jiwon-nie? Ottoke??”

“Soojung-ah, maybe I'm not an expert in this matter, I have never experienced your position. But I think you should be honest with yourself. You've seen how much he loves you. He still loves you even though you asked him to go, while your heart says otherwise. Don’t you realize how stupid you are, huh?”

“YAH Kim Woobin!!” Jiwon scolded him because of speaking harshly to Soojung. Jiwon gave a stare of don’t you-see-she’s-crying-crazily-now to Woobin, but he didn’t care and continued his speech since Soojung didn’t response it by her own self. “I don’t take a side in this matter, believe me I don’t. I'm just sick of seeing this condition. You love each other but have to give up just because the differences in status, and even more because of the fans who did not bless your relationship. Who’s the hell are they anyway??” Woobin said in a half-shouted when he mentioned about the fans in the last sentence. He scratched his hair desperately as he felt like joining her frustration.

“Don’t you forget who’s he, oppa? he’s Cnblue’s Kang Minhyuk. Fans have an important role in cnblue’s carrier, their careers could be ruined if the fans no longer support them. And I'm sure they would hate Minhyuk if we are still keeping this relationship” Soojung said as she broke the hug to face Woobin directly. Her face turned red because of tears, and she looks terribly messy now.

“Which is more important to you Jungie-ya? Kang Minhyuk or the fans who you didn’t even know their face and name! For God’s sake Jungie-ya, you had sacrificed someone who has sacrificed anything for you!!” Woobin lost his senses since Soojung insisted with her own opinion.

“Sacrifice what? Even he was enjoying the success of their latest album, so unfair!!” She smirked as she rolled her eyeballs in annoyance. Woobin stepped forward to her and patted her shoulders, “Should I tell you now?” he sighed, “Huh?” Soojung stared at him confusedly. “Yeah I think you should, oppa” Jiwon nodded her head confidently.

“Soojung-ah, he-he almost resigned from cnblue”

“Mwoh??!” feels like someone just dropped the bomb in front her now, Soojung shouted in a shock mode. “Ndeh, Jonghyun told me that he had sent the letter to the CEO directly. However, the request was denied because Mr. Kwang still wanted to keep him as a cnblue’s drummer. You know, he's one of the best drummers in South Korea.”

“I heard about it too, the rumor has spread in various media lately.” Jiwon finally revealed to her directly, “I know you didn’t hear it because you're shut yourself to know everything about cnblue. I accidentally cover it from you because I thought you were in the process of forgetting him. I didn’t want to spoil it, Jungie-ya” She brave herself to look at Soojung who froze in her position when she heard about everything that they were keep hiding all this time.

“Ho-how come you guys didn’t tell me about this?” She whispered in a weak tone. Jiwon approached her and pulled into her embrace. “Mianhe Soojung-ah. We thought it’s better for you to get over him, we can’t stand to see you constantly wept. Then we realized that you’ll never ever forget about him. You guys still love each other”

“How do you know that he still loves me, Jiwon-ah? I hurt him so much” she whined.

“I’m sure he’s still into you. Aigoo seems like I’ve to telling you this” Minho chuckled then continued, “I met Jungshin two days ago, he said manager Kim has canceled cnblue’s gig schedule for a week to give them time to rest. Minhyuk, umh he’s sick, Jungie-ya.” Minho stopped to look at her response. Soojung listened without even blinked her eyes. “Jungshin said a few weeks Minhyuk always came home in a drunken state. He was also rarely to eat and skipped exercise. Kang Minhyuk extremely messed up, because of him Mr. Kwang gives a stern warning to cnblue. They are threatened to fail concerts around the world.”

“MWOH??!!” Soojung shouted in a shock mode as she glared at Minho, “Why don’t you tell me earlier, PABOYA!!” She ran to her room to take her cell phone, bag and jacket then rushed to went out, leaving the other three with an open mouth.

“Is she crazy or what?” Woobin spoke first to break their shock. “Perhaps, or did I say something wrong?” Minho said when the others shrugged their shoulder in unison. “I thought I was just trying to calm her to stop crying, how come she just left us?” and now Jiwon said in a blank stare. Once again, three of them could only shrug their shoulder and sighed heavily.

Beep, Jiwon took her cell phone to read the incoming message, it was from Soojung.

I'm sorry for leaving you guys. I’ve to see Minhyuk now. Thanks for telling me the truth, I owe you guys. YAH! Don’t you dare to spend on food in my fridge while I'm gone!! - Soojung

“YAH! Jung Soojung you can still be childish at a time like this?? Aishh JINJJA!!!” Jiwon shouted in annoyance while the two men could only roll their eyes in disbelief.

 

 


still in sad moments anywaayy. I'm sorry if I still make you guys write a sentence of "Poor Soojung" in the comments field below. Hahaha I really didn’t mean to hurt Soojung’s role here. As you know, she's just an ordinary girl who falls in love with a superstar, so her position is rather difficult in this story, but Minhyuk also feels miserable as she is.

Well, this sad and annoying story will be over soon :D. I promise they will not be sad anymore in next chapter. Omo! I just TOO tired to write sad stories like this haha .. :))

Alright, thanks to read my story, and please bear with some grammatical errors and typos. I’ll be sooo happy if you mind to leave your comment below. I’ll see ya!

 

Lots of love,

_dChillz_