chapter sixteen

Love Actually

Tuut..tuut..tuut..

Long dial tone sounds endlessly. Minhyuk tried so many times to call Soojung, but he got nothing. Soojung didn’t answer her phone. He immediately rushed to the FNC building to find Soojung when cnblue just arrived in Seoul this afternoon. Minhyuk ran down to the halls tirelessly while kept contacting her.

The number you’re calling is out of reach

-

He dialed again

-

The number you’re calling is out of reach

-

Again

-

The number you’re calling is out of reach

-

Oh !! Where are you dear?!

Minhyuk was almost desperate. He couldn’t find her. Her office room was empty. She also wasn’t seen at the coffee shop, even Minhyuk couldn’t found one of her friends to be ask whereabouts. He was clueless. He was so desperate when he realized that his loved one was dissapeared.

“Woobin-ah, did you see Soojung?” Minhyuk finally decided to contact one of her bestfriends.

“Aniya, I was out of town, what happened with her? Jiwon even contacted me to ask her whereabouts” Woobin sounds worry now. Eiiyy have you ever heard about the technology named internet? Don’t you read the headline news this morning? Aigoo what planet did you come from, huh? Too bad, a handsome man like you was a stutter technology ckckck

“Long story, call me when she calls you, ahrasso?” Minhyuk turned off his phone, then he dialed Jiwon’s number.

“Jiwon-nie, did you able to contact Soojung?” He said with no strings attached. He was too panicked to just say hi. Aishh where’s your manner, Mr. Kang?

“Oh Minhyuk-ssi, I couldn’t. She didn’t answer my calls or even texted me back, ottoke?” She answered in panick voice.

“Have you come to her apartement?”

“Nde, but she wasn’t there”. He combed his messy hair roughly when he heard her answer. He had no idea how to find her.

“Do you know where she used to hide when she was sad or upset?, Jiwon-nie please give me a clue” he begged in frustration. “Rooftop of her apartement!, I forgot to go there yesterday” Jiwon said in a half shouted.

“Gomawo Jiwon-nie”

Minhyuk turned off his phone and ran to the basement where he usually parked his Audi Q5. He press the key button and jump into the car in a flash. He drove the car rapidly. His mind is very chaotic. He couldn’t think anything but her. Fortunately, his band mate was really understand about his situation. They lied to manager Kim about Minhyuk presence. They said that Hyukkie went to his parent home to let the situation subside. They knew that manager Kim not siding with Minhyuk, so they tried to save the relationship between Soojung and their second maknae as much as possible.

Minhyuk ran to the elevator and press the button impatiently when he arrived at her apartement. He didn’t care about the people around him who are began to pay attention and whispers when they realized that the person who is in a hurry was cnblue’s Kang Minhyuk.

He froze when he saw the girl who had made ​​him so insane. The one whom he worried about. The one he loved and missed the most. She was there. Soojung was standing behind the fence, staring blankly towards the city view in front of her. She didn’t realize when Minhyuk slowly approached her. Her mind was too frantic, even the tears was streaming down on her cheeks. She cried in silence and let the pain in her evaporated through the tears. She gasped when she felt someone's hand gripped her shoulders gently.

“Oppa?” She whispered as she wiped her tears to hide it from Hyukkie. She didn’t want him seeing her bad condition like this. But Minhyuk had already seen it and he was very sorry to see the girl he loved so much must shed the tears for the umpteenth time because of himself. He pulled her into his embrace and caress her back gently. Soojung tried so hard to control her sobs.

“Just cry, if it makes you relieved” Minhyuk whispered and kissed the tip of her head so deep. Soojung kept crying while she burried her face onto his chest. Soojung never felt so missed him before. She inhaled his scent so deep and tried to save it in her memory. She tightened her hands around his waist like there’s no tomorrow. Like it was her last hug to him. She released him as she tried to managed her tears. She wiped it slowly then lifted her face to look at him directly. Again, her tears was falling down when she saw his eyes, his sleepy eyes which she loved the most. Minhyuk wiped her tears by his thumbs.

“Did you see it?” She said in shaky voice. He nodded his head in silence.

“Oppa, I’ve think about it” Soojung stared everywhere but his face while he furrowed his eyebrow as a sign of his curiosity. “I..think, w-we..should..s-split up” she said haltingly. Minhyuk just dumbfounded to hear her words. It was like lightning had grabbed his head so as to make his vision becomes blurry all of sudden.

“MWO? No, you can’t do it!” he said in irritation. He released her hands and massage his temple like he felt a bit dizzy. He was so messy, and it made Soojung feel bad at him.

“Mianhe oppa, I was forced to take this decision for the good of both of us”

“Both of us? You said US? Which part made ​​you feel this is THE BEST thing for us?” Minhyuk emphasized ‘The best’ words to express his amazement. He tried so hard to control his temper, but he failed. He yelled in frustration. He wanted to scream and hit something at the same time to release his anger. You’re too much, miss Jung. Don’t you see you’ve made him so crazy? Don’t you see how hard he tried to find you? to save you? Don’t you see how much he loves you? Aigoo you must be lost your mind, dear!

 “Who makes you to say this? Mr. Kwang? Mr. Han? Or manager Kim? I promise I’ll punch each of them! For god’s sake I won’t lose you, Soojung” He pulled Soojung into his embrace roughly, but she denied him.

“Me too oppa, ME TOO!! But what can I do? You weren’t there. You had no idea how hard I must face this without you” Soojung yelled back to him. Her tears started to streaming down on her cheeks, again. “I do love you, oppa. But this is wrong. We shouldn’t be together” She lowered her voice as she felt so tired. “I'm just going to impede your career. Our relationship will only destroy the dreams that have been painstakingly you and your friends built up since four years ago, if I have a heart to do those things to you?” Minhyuk was sculpting in front of her. He stared at her blankly. He admitted that she was right, but he still couldn’t accept it.

“Mianhe oppa, jinjja mianhe” Soojung touched his hand and gently squeezed it. Then she left him behind.

Minhyuk could only sculpting. He was too shocked by her words just now. Suddenly his mind seemed dark. His eyes looked blurry and he felt being in another world that feels so empty. Somebody please save his life.

-

-

-

He quickly realized when he knew that Soojung had left. No, he couldn't accept it all. He had to do something. He had to defend that girl. He must convince Soojung that their love was worth to fight. He immediately ran to catch Soojung. Oh hopefully that girl hasn’t gone away. Hopefully the girl is willing to hear his explanation and come back to him. Minhyuk still has a hope in his heart. He was sure that Soojung still love him and wants to maintain their relationship. He pressed the button of elevator impatiently. He stood in agitated.

TING. The door opened and he ran away to catch her. Yes, Minhyuk just saw her get into the car. He ran to her. He forced to open the door knob of her car but Soojung had been lock it and didn’t mind to unlock it.

“Soojung, please open the door!!” He said as he pounded on car window and begged to her. Soojung kept driving her car slowly. She didn’t want to make Minhyuk injured, but insisted to run the car.

“Stop the car please, Soojung please!!” He shouted in desperation. Fortunately the parking area when it was deserted, so no one sees the drama that took place between them. “Soojung stop the car, PLEASE!! Soojung pleasee”

He knelt down on the floor when her car left him behind. He was hurt. Tears streamed down on his cheeks. He was disappointed. Minhyuk squeezed his shirt on the chest like he felt so much pain because of thousands knife was stabbed in his chest. That day, he lost the girl he loved the most.

 

I look at you, I look at you but you’re getting farther away

I beg, I cling but you’re getting farther away

Even my scratched up scars know

So without saying a single word

I just look at you, who is leaving

(Moon Myung Jin, Crying Again (Ost The Heirs, 2013))

 


 

Kim Jiwon is the first person who came to her mind. She needed someone to lean on. She needed someone who is able to defuse her crying. She needs a hug from her best friend.

“Soojung?” She rushed to hug Jiwon when her best friend opened the door for her. Jiwon was shocked to see her condition. She was very messy and fragile. Soojung who she knew was a powerful person and not whiny. She was ever hurt by the attitude of Minho when he broke up their relationship unilaterally, but Soojung wasn’t cry as bad as it.

“It hurts, Jiwon. It really hurts” Her cry turned sobs. Jiwon kept rubbing her back. Suddenly she felt in pain as she could feel her heart.

‘”Just cry baby, you’ll be fine. I promise you’ll be fine” Jiwon tried to comfort her while Soojung kept crying on her shoulder.

That day, Soojung felt very hurt. She regretted having left Minhyuk. She felt like she wanted to go back to her apartment and hoping he was still there waiting for her. She wanted to hug him. But she couldn’t do that. Her common sense says she should let go of him though her heart was broke into pieces. This is the fear that she felt  since the first time she saw Minhyuk. Since the first time she loved that slant-eyed man. She knew, loving the superstar like Kang Minhyuk would only lead to heartbreak in the future. She knew, no one who sided her with him, their love. But if she wrong to love him? Isn’t love doesn’t know one's status or position? Love is sacred. Love is pure because it came from the deepest of the heart. Soojung loves Minhyuk wholeheartedly regardless of who he was and how great he was. She is too blinded by love to dare to accept Minhyuk became her lover. Is she wrong?

“I-I love him so much, Jiwon-nie, ottoke? Ottoke?” Soojung said in despair. Jiwon felt her cheeks started wet with tears. Hold on tight, Soojung.. I won’t let you falling down…

 


 

That evening Minhyuk was sitting alone at the bar at a nightclub. He kept downing tequila until make his throat felt hot. He didn’t care how many glasses that he had been ordered. He didn’t care how many liters of alcohol had been cleared his throat. He just wanted to vent the pain in his heart. Remove traces of Soojung in his memory. He was very messed and cluttered.

“Give me another one” He ordered another glass to the bartender. But he didn’t obey him instead restrain a bottle that held by Minhyuk. “Please stop it, Minhyuk-ssi. You’re too much”

The bartender has to know Minhyuk because of he and other members of cnblue are often visiting these nightclubs for partying or just drink soju together. But this time the bartender look at him in weirdness. Minhyuk deliberately let himself drunk. Like he wanted to drown his thoughts onto  glasses of alcohol that he ordered. He felt something wrong, he immediately grabbed his cell phone and call his friend, Jung Yonghwa.

Minutes later, Yonghwa came with Jungshin. Yonghwa was surprised to see the state of his second maknae, but remained calm so that nobody aware of the condition. He gave the signal to JungShin to pay all the bills of beverages that have been ordered by Minhyuk while himself began to help Minhyuk to stand up.

“Aigoo, you’ll be dead in my hand hyukkie” He chuckled as he lifted Minhyuk body with one arm around his waist. Yonghwa draped one of his arm around his neck to ease himself bolster him out of that place.

“Thank you for calling us, sir” Jungshin bowed politely to the bartender then walked out to follow Yonghwa. He drove back to their dorm when the three of them already sat in the car. Yongie and Jungshin could only sigh heavily to see their brother.

Jonghyun helped Jungshin to bolster Minhyuk went into his room. They were slowly lay down Minhyuk body on the bed and covered it with a blanket. He looks very messy. His body was covered with stinging alcohol scent. Oh , how much alcohol do you gulp, huh? You’re so sick Hyukkie! Three of them left the room after Yonghwa dim the room lights.

Hopefully alcohol could reduce your pain, Hyukkie. Because when you wake up tomorrow morning, you still have to fight for your love and win back her heart. Just hang on, pal …

 

 

You’re leaving, you’re leaving

Without a word, you’re leaving me

I should have cared for you a little more

I should have loved you a little more

A regretful love is leaving me

(Moon Myung Jin, Crying Again – ost The Heirs, 2013)

 


 

Hi fellas,

Another chap of sorrows. Sorry for making you dissapoint and sad. I would like to bring the conflict between them. Please be patient and keep reading it. I promise I won’t make it so long. I don’t have a heart to separate these two lovebirds and put them in sorrow for so long kekeke…

I would be so happy if you leave your comment and share your thought below. Thank u :D

 

Love,

 

dChillz