chapter twelve

Love Actually

“Jiwon-nie?” Krystal was startled seeing her best friend came in the middle of the night. She thought that she must be lonely or something.

“Thanks god you’re here. I called you for so many times but you didn’t pick up” she said as shaking her cell phone to her face.

“Ah mian, I was stopped by to bought an ice cream before went home. What’s wrong? Do you want to sleepover?” she said as she still held the door to hold Jiwon from entering inside. Jiwon was already suspicious, and tried to push the door open, but Krystal insisted to hold it tight.

“Yah Jung Soojung, what are you hiding of? Let me in!” she didn’t control her curiosity

“You don’t!” Krystal insisted. They were pushing the door.

"wae? I'm your guest anyway"

"NO you can't!" Krystal yelled in annoyance.

“Yah Kim Jiwon what are you doing? Wouldn’t you want to surprise her? So why fight?” Krystal dropped her hands. The door was finally open. And Krystal terribly shocked to see who was stood up in front of her. She opened widens.

“Minho oppa” she whispered. Jiwon could only smile and sighed heavily to see  her reaction. She knew that Krystal would be so surprised with her ex-boyfriend’s sudden presence, as she did. She thought that she wanted to leave them alone before she could someone shouted from inside, a man’s voice.

“Who’s that Soojung?” Minhyuk walked to the door to approach Krystal.

His face strained when he saw a strange guy was standing in front of the door. But immediately turns soft as he saw a girl stood up behind him. Ah, she must be Kim Jiwon, her best friend - he said in his mind.

"Who are they?" He furrowed his eyebrows, begging her explanation. It's kinda odd to receive guest in the middle of the night.

"Uh-oh, they're my friends. This is Choi Minho and Kim Jiwon. Guys this is Kang Minhyuk" finally she introduced her friends to Minhyuk.

They smiled and bowed each other. An awkwardly smile actually. Krystal also stood up in an awkward situation. She had no idea how to explain Minhyuk about them, especially Choi Minho. She even still shocked to see himself, after long time ago, after he left her to Spain and decided to break up. After all, why he’s still dare to appear in front of her, just like this. Krystal still busied with her thought and forgot to let them inside. Eiiy seems like you lost your manner, Soojung-ah!

“Jung Soojung, can I come in?” Jiwon was shakes her hands to  interrupt her reverie.

“Uh, oh yeah sure” she walked in first then three of them followed from behind.

“You never change Soojung. This room is still filled with vanilla’s aroma, your fave one” Minho broke the silence as he breathes the vanilla fragrance from aromatherapy which she when she had arrived at home. Krystal went stiff. She took a glimpse on Minhyuk’s face and found same reaction on his handsome face.

“Oh, yeah” she murmured. Just like her, Jiwon also getting nervous to see this situation. She wanted to leave but she wasn’t bear to let Kryssie face that two guys alone. She decided to stay as she kept shut and just watched over them.

“Ah oppa, it’s already late. Anyway, you’ve an appointment tonight” Krystal dragged Minhyuk's wrist and walked him to the door.

“Yah, you extrude me?” he protests her as she keep dragged him out.

“Oppa, please. I feel uncomfortable if you were still here. I don’t want let my friends thinking badly about us” They stopped in front of the elevator as she pressed the button.

“Hara, just call me when they already left. And don’t let them sleepover in your house, especially him” He emphasized the word "him" as if afraid the man will actually stay with her. She pinched his waist lightly.

“Eiyy you sound jealous” She smiled ear to ear while teasing his jealousy.

“I don’t! I just won’t let them disturbing your rest time” he defended while his face turned red. Krystal love to see his defend. She loves to see his jealousy. She loves to see the way he protects her. It was so cute and sweet. She wrapped her hands around his waist and whispered

“Sarangheyo oppa” Minhyuk was startled hearing those magical words. He tightens up their hug and caress her long wavy hair. He kissed her temple as he broke the hug.

“Na do”

TING! The elevator opened, Minhyuk went inside as he waved to her.

“Drive safely. Call me when you’ve arrive” he nodded as the door was close.

Krystal sighed heavily. To be honest, she still wanted to spend the night with him. She touched her lips and remembered about their kiss earlier. She smiled unknowingly as she felt something giggled in her stomach. She was really happy. But it didn’t long, when she realized about the two guys who was still in her apartment. She rushed to came back.

 

< Kang Minhyuk’s POV >

 Who’s he? I never met him before. Krystal also never mentioned about him. I just knew that her best friends are only Kim Woobin and Kim Jiwon. So who’s he?. Why she was so shocked? Like she didn’t met him for so long. She must be hiding something behind me. What is it? Something that I won’t know when they’re already knew.

Kang Minhyuk was busy with his deep thought while driving back to studio. He was really curious about the man who he saw earlier. He wanted to ask more but he knew that was the wrong time to do it. Krystal even looked so surprise with his presence. So he thought that he would  ask her later, when she’s ready to reveal all of her past to him directly. Whatever it is, he just hoping Krystal would be honest to him someday.


“I think it’s better for me to leave you guys alone” Jiwon stood up and ready to leave them while Krystal held her hand to stay beside her.

“Jiwon-nie, please” she begged. Jiwon sat back next to her, facing Choi Minho who sat awkwardly across her.

Oh for God’s sake, why I should be involved in this complicated situation?, she thought. Just like her, Jiwon also was so shocked seeing his sudden appearance. She thought he would never be comeback here. He wouldn’t dare to interfere Krystal’s life after left her without saying a word. What now? Suddenly appeared and pretended like nothing happened between them. Placing Jiwon in an awry situation like this. She couldn’t choose. Both of them are her best friends. But she knew that Minho was hurt her deeply and now after she moved on and opened her heart for Minyuk, he came without permission. Jiwon shook her dizzy head.

“How are you, Soojung?” Minho said in soft tone. Krystal couldn’t dare to stare his eyes directly. She knew that Minho definitely give his soft look that always succeed to melt her heart. She better ignored it now.

“I’m fine” She said.

“Like I said, you never changed Soojung. You still look pretty. Aigoo why I can’t find a pretty girl like you in Spain, that was too bad” he kept saying like he didn’t care about her reaction. He pretended like meeting his old friend, just like a little reunion.

“Why you come back, oppa? After all, why you suddenly appear and pretend like nothing happened between us? Why oppa?!” She couldn’t stand to release her anger. She could feel her tears started to falling down.

“Mianhe Soojung, jinjja mianheyo” he said sincerely. He approached her and knelt down.

“Soojung, what can I do to make you forgive me? What should I do to wipe away your pain? Tell me Soojung” he said in lower tone

“Mwo? Are you crazy?” she stared at him in disbelief. She ignored his hand when he tried to hold on.

“Where are you when I needed you? Where are you when I lost my balance and begged for some explanation? Where have you been, oppa?!” she shouted at him. Jiwon wrapped her hand around her shoulder and patted gently. She tried her best to calm down her best friend.

Choi Minho just silence. He didn’t know how to answer her questions, her statements. What just she said was right. He lost her when decided to leave her years ago. He already lost her when he was afraid to face his parent and went away to protect her. He knew that he was a loser that day. The day when he left without saying a word.

“I know, it all was my fault. Forgive me Soojung, please forgive me” he buried his face into her palms for begging her forgiveness.

“Then what? If I forgive you, then what will you do?” she asked to the point.

“Let me be your friend. Let’s start from the beginning, I’ll try my best to make you believe me” he said with teary eyes. Soojung couldn’t bear with that. She always loves his eyes. She even still felt her hearts was pounding crazily when he knelt down and touched her hand gently.

“Please give me some time, oppa. It was over, we had over, and I already moved on” He startled to hear her statement.

“Let the time fixing our relationship. Don’t push me to forgive you so fast. Let me  think about it” Minho sighed hard hearing her answer. He accepted it rather than losing her completely. He could only nodded and moved back to his seat.

“You may leave, oppa. I was so tired today” she whispered as she wiped her tears away.

“Jiwon-nie, would you stay here tonight?” Krystal realized that she still sat next to her.

“Yeah, I’ll stay here” Jiwon stood up while Minho already stood up and walked to the door. She thought that Krystal won’t him, so she did it.

“I’ll see you soon, Soojung-ah” he patted her shoulder then leave with Jiwon. Krystal sighed heavily. She closed her eyes and felt tears was falling down to her cheeks. She let herself crying so hard when Jiwon suddenly came to hug her tightly.

“It’s okay darling, just cry” Jiwon rubbed her back gently while Krystal still cried hard.

“You were there Jiwon-nie. you knew how hard I got through these tough times”

“He was the reason why I couldn't find a guy. I tried my best to get over him, you knew it so well Jiwon-nie” Jiwon kept silent and caress her hair as she heard Krystal still cried hard.

“Why he must come when I finally found someone? When I fell in love with Minhyuk? I didn’t understand, Jiwon-nie”

“I know how you feel, darling. Relax, let it flow. Don’t let him interferes your life anymore. Just go on with Minhyuk no matter what” Jiwon finally spoke out.

“Why are you so sure about Minhyuk? what if he did the same thing like he did?”

“Because I believe him, and I know you did. He wouldn’t hurt you or left you like Minho did” Jiwon broke their hug and patted her shoulders by her hands.

“Soojung, forget him and just go on with your present life” Krystal wiped her tears and smiled. She felt like a dumb crying like that. She felt embarrassed.

“You were  right. Minhyuk would never ever to hurt me. He loves me, and I love him so much” she smiled as she saw Jiwon pouted hearing her answer.

“Eiiyy are you start to annoy me with your cheesy words? Oh c’mon Soojung, I was so sick to see you making love with him” she rolled her eyes while Krystal started to laugh.

“Anyway, what are you guys doing before I came?” Krystal felt her face heating up

“Mwo?”

“Are you doing something dirty behind me?” CRAP! Jiwon enjoyed teasing her.

“YAH! What are you saying? I didn’t understand” she turned away to hide her blushy cheeks

“Really? Is he kissed you? eiiyy tell me is he a great kisser? How it taste?”

“Kim Jiwon!!” she shouted in annoyance tone as she smacked her arm.

“Yah, why are you so mad? Am I true? Wow you kissed a superstar, Soojung-ah. I envy” she ran away before Soojung strangled her neck crazily.

“YAH!!!” Soojung threw the cushion on her and immediately buried her face into one of those cushions.

***

 

 That day, Krystal came up late to the office. Minho's sudden presence made her couldn't sleep easily. She thought about it all night long, even after Jiwon left her to the dream land.

“You’re late, miss Jung” Mr.Choi said as she entered the meeting room.

Mr.Choi asked her team to gather in the meeting room this morning. He wanted to talk about cnblue’s book project that given by FNC Entertainment.

“I’m sorry sir” she said as she bowed politely.

“I’m sorry for this sudden meeting. I want to talk about that project, how is it miss Jung?” he said sternly

“Uh, oh it was okay. So far so good. I already interviewed cnblue’s member and also Mr.Kim to gain some data. I also have arrange the appointment with Mr. Kim Kwang-soo next week to discuss about their planning project” Krystal said as she gave him some paper contains of her work progress.

“Well done. Thank you miss Jung” he praised her sincerely as the others started to clap their hands in unison. Krystal was so embarrass.

“Ah, talking about Mr. Kwang, I want to tell you about this thing honestly” everyone moved forward and listened carefully what Mr.Choi would say about him. They’re, especially Krystal was afraid if the CEO of FNC Entertainment cancelled its project suddenly. Oh please, don’t!

“He asked me if the project team can move into their offices for a while?” Mr. Choi said as everybody was busy commenting about that. Krystal went stiff without saying anything. She could feel Woobin who sat beside her patter her shoulder.

“Wow, congratulations dear. You’ll meet him anytime you want” she warded him as she gave a deadly sharp to his eyes. He just grinned innocently.

“I think it will facilitate the movement of you in this project. You no longer need to set up a schedule to meet with them. Just knock on the door” he continued his sentence

“But Mr. Choi, we..” That old man wouldn’t let her interrupt him. It was his command and everybody, including Krystal must obey it.

“Ah, don’t worry miss Jung, they would be happy to give you a private room since you’re the leader of this project. Your - room - will be - next to - cnblue’s” he emphasized the last sentence as a sign for her to not argue anymore. Krystal just sighed in disbelief.

Yes it’s true that she was happy with that sudden decision, but she couldn’t imagine to work together with Minhyuk at the same building. She couldn’t imagine seeing Minhyuk’s reaction if he knew about this thing.

“Oh one more, I want to introduce you to our new employee. He’s a Korean, but he comes from New York” Krystal was terribly shocked to hear her boss announcement. She lifted up her face and look around to find that newbie. He sat beside Mrs. Alana. Oh Please don’t mention his name.

“Everyone, please welcome to Mr. Choi Minho” Mr. Choi said as Minho stood up to bow himself politely. He smiled. Krystal could hear some girls around her praised Minho's handsome face lovingly. Yes this guy was success to made girls fallen for him. Maybe he would form a fan club very soon. She rolled her eyes and sighed.

“You’ve met my cousin?” Woobin elbowed her gently.

“Umh” she murmured as she saw Minho was shake hands to the other.

“He came here yesterday. He found you, even before he asked about me, ishh jinjja!” Woobin tried to tell her in a weird way

“So what are you going to do? He’s in our team anyway. You will meet him everyday” he kept talking while Krystal was stare at the wall blankly.

“I don’t know” she whispered.

“Hello brother, mind to help me this time?” Minho came closer and greeted his cousin warmly. He did chest-tossed with Woobin.

“Yah, don’t you dare to make fun here, or else she will punish you without mercy. She’s so discipline” Woobin warned him as he pointed on Krystal. Minho came closer to her and held out his hand

“Nice to work with you, Soojung. Please help me to do this project perfectly” she startled to hear his formal statement. She couldn’t do nothing but shake her hand as well.

“Welcome to our team, Minho-ssi” she smiled and released her hand.

One problem’s solved, another one arise. She couldn’t do anything but do it bravely. She need to brave her heart to face her past time once again. When she found someone who could open her heart. When she admitted her heart to accept Minhyuk. when everything was just began. Bear it Soojung, you could do it.

 

I know I can't take one more step towards you

Cause all that's waiting is regret

And don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore

You lost the love I loved the most

I learned to live half alive

And now you want me one more time

(Christina Perry, Jar of Hearts)