Vacation time!

Is this Love even possible?

 

“Christina.” My manager called me back to my senses.

 

I was sitting in the waiting room, before my concert started, and was looking up Korean news on my phone. Eli had been in the news with UKISS for their new comeback, and I had lost myself staring at his face.

 

It’s been three months since I’ve seen him face to face. I’m halfway finished with my American tour, I’ve released a new successful English CD, and UKISS had released their new CD as well. We were both busy.

 

But despite our hectic schedule, we still managed to squeeze in a few skype sessions a week. Those brief moments and my fans’ love gave me strength as I stood on stage, under the blaring lights and roaring crowd.

 

“It’s time to go,” my manager nudged me. “Eli will still be there for you after your concert tonight, so let’s get going!”

 

I smiled at the mention of my boyfriend’s name. Oh, how I missed him!

 

My stylists bustled around me, doing last minute touchups, and once they were finished, I slipped my mask on. I am now Xina.

 

“Xina, Xina, Xina”! As I walked toward the stage, I could hear the crowd screaming my name. I straightened out my walk and grinned. The lights went out, and under the blackness I slipped on stage.

 

A hush fell over the concert hall.

 

Raising my mic to my mouth, I greeted the city. “Hello, Chicago!”

 

Another roar broke out at the sound of my voice.

 

Immediately my newest single began to play, and I lost myself in the music.

 

“Hot show tonight, Xina!” My backup dancers congratulated me once we were backstage again.

 

“Thanks guys! Good work everyone! Get some sleep, we’re heading to the West Coast tomorrow! Be at the airport at 4:00 AM!” I headed to my car and let out a tired breath once the car door closed behind me.

 

“Halfway done,” my manager reached over and patted my arm. “Keep up the good work! Your fans are crazy about you.”

 

“I’m crazy about them too,” I laughed. “It’s a good thing that our first few days in California are rest days. Team bonding and then free time!” I was genuinely excited for team bonding- we were going to spend the first two days together with an actual vacation schedule planned. Then the days after that were our own personal free time to relax and have fun. Since my choreographer and staff were all Americans, my current backup dancers weren’t the same as the ones during my Korean promotions. When I found out, I was sad because I’ve grown to like those kids a lot. But my new dance crew is pretty awesome, too. Besides, I’ll see the Korean crew once I return to Korea.

 

I relaxed back into my seat and rubbed my head. As much as I love my fans, the past few weeks had been insane. So much to do in so little given time. Fan signings, concerts, random events…

 

“Hello?” I answered my phone groggily. My eyes could barely stay open.

 

The other person chuckled and I bolted up instantly.

 

“Eli!” Just hearing his voice was comforting.

 

“Hey, Christina. You sound exhausted.”

 

“I am, but no matter. How are you?”

 

“We won Music Bank today.”

 

“Really? CONGRATULATIONS! I wish I could celebrate with you! We’ll have a belated celebration, okay?” I was bouncing up and down in my seat with excitement.

 

“Thank you! And guess what? I hear your songs on our radio all the time,” he laughed. “I miss you so much. I hear you’re going to California soon?”

 

“Yeah. I’m hitting the West Coast, and then Europe, and then I’m finally done! How are promotions? I’m watching the new variety show you’re on!”

 

“The new variety show is so much fun. They ask about you a lot. Promotions are tiring, but it’s great being on stage again. We spent the past few weeks practicing almost 10 hours a day, every day, so this award was sweet- Manager Hyung, what’s up? Now? Okay- Hey Christina, I have to go. Turns out we have a last minute schedule. I’ll talk to you later,” he promised.

 

“Have fun! You better be taking care of yourself, okay? Byeeeee!” My screensaver, a picture of Eli and I, flashed on my screen as I hung up the call.

 

I could finally close my eyes, and before long, I was dreaming about the sunny beaches in California…

 

Which is where I found myself a few days later with my team. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So it turns out that winter break doesn't always = time. Sorry guys.

BUT I have found a new solution, hehe.

Instead of taking notes on my laptop during apush, I'm updating this fanfic, haha.