DANGER: DRAMA SCENE!

Is this Love even possible?

 

The three teenagers managed to scramble aboard Jaehyung's private plane a step ahead of their furious pursuers.

 

"Jaehyung, your story, now," Chohee demanded once they were safely speeding away. She didn't like how this boy, though he was the son of one of her father's most trusted men, saw right through her disguise so easily.

 

Jaehyung turned toward her with an amused expression. "Shouldn't we be discussing our next location? Right now my pilot is aimlessly wandering around in the sky."

 

Chohee clenched her teeth to hold back her retort; she knew he was right.

 

Woohyun warily shifted in the seat beside her and lifted his tired eyes to Jaehyung. "Let me put this straight. Chohee and I don't trust you, since we don't know you that well. Yes, you might be Admiral Chungsoo's son, but who knows if you're a black sheep in the family? But we have to put that aside and learn to somehow cooperate with each other. Those men saw your face. Unless you're working with them, you're now on their hit list as well. We're all in the same boat."

 

"My father sent me ahead of you guys to make sure the area was relatively clear, which it was before the two of you showed up with your kidnappers in tow. I wasn't given much instruction or information, so I had to make do with what I had. The way you two appeared when you did made your identities too obvious. My father commanded that I keep Miss Chohee safe, and so far, that had been my only command," Jaehyung leaned back in his chair.

 

Chohee and Woohyun glanced at each other. They still didn't completely trust Jaehyung, but what choice did they have? Their lives, all three of theirs, were hanging by a thread at the moment with their pursuers trailing closely behind.

 

"Where's the safest location for us to momentarily barge in?" Chohee was tired of running. If anything, she would rather face the men head on, but that would mean risking their lives.

 

Jaehyung got up and left suddenly, and then reappeared with the copilot in tow. "He says we should make for Korea because if we're going to be safe, it'll be with our fathers and their armed guards." 

 

"I suppose so," Woohyun sighed. "Let's go then." 

 

The copilot nodded and returned to his original position beside the pilot. 

 

"We have a long time ahead of us," Jaehyung noted thoughtfully. "Both in the plane and afterwards." 

 

Chohee puffed her cheeks out. 

 

-     -     -     -     -     -     -     -     -     -     -     -     -

 

"President Choi," Admiral Chungsoo called, "Chohee, Woohyun, and Jaehyung, my son, are on their way back to us. They were almost attacked and barely escaped." 

 

"Is that so." The president swirled around in his chair with a frown. "Why must the rebels go after our children? It's not Chohee's fault that I'm her father." 

 

"I should bring you to a safer location," Admiral Chungsoo let out a long breath of air. "There were four attempts on your life this past week, sir. That's four too many." 

 

"I need to stay here, with my people. If I escaped during a time like this, what would my people think of me?" The president rubbed his temples. "I, too, fear for my life, but my country needs me." 

 

"I understand, sir," Admiral Chungsoo said after a pause. "Thank you for leading our nation." 

 

"What about Lihan, the head of our national security?"

 

"I have men keeping tabs on him. He hasn't done anything suspicious lately," Admiral Chungsoo replied.

 

President Choi's fist landed heavily on the table, showing his frustration. "If it isn't him, then who could it be? If only I could find the leader of the rebels... Perhaps I could prevent further loss of life. Life is so precious."

 

"Perhaps we're not looking closely enough," Admiral Chungsoo said, his eyes flashing. "It's got to be someone close to you, right? Close to the point that you wouldn't even think of their betrayal."

 

-     -     -     -     -     -     -     -     -     -     -     -     -

 

Chohee and Woohyun kept their eyes on Jaehyung during the flight. Even though he saved their lives, they didn't know if it was all an act. 

 

There were only a handful of people they could trust in the messed-up world. True people were hard to find these days. 

 

"Ah, appa," Jaehyung answered his phone. "Ne. They're with me. We're on the way back." 

 

Chohee watched as Jaehyung talked some more with his father, and then hung up with a frown on his face. 

 

"What's wrong?" Woohyun was instantly alert. 

 

Jaehyung shook his head and muttered something under his breath. 

 

"Jaehyung." Woohyun's voice was sharp. If anything was wrong, he needed to know immediately. 

 

"It's just that... something's up," Jaehyung said finally. "My father... he sounded strange on the phone." Jaehyung plopped back against the chair and closed his eyes. "There's something going on that we don't know about." 

 

"Could he be-" Woohyun began, only to be cut off by a furious Jaehyung. 

 

"Don't even think that," Jae hissed. "My father is no traitor." 

 

"He's right," Chohee jumped in. "Admiral Chungsoo would never betray my father." 

 

"All right, calm down," Woohyun held up his hands in surrender. "I was just saying.. sheesh." 

 

The three of them settled back into stiff silence, each in their own world. 

 

The seeds of doubt had been planted. 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The drama is almost over, so I decided just to finish typing out the story. That way I don't have to keep switching back and forth between the real fanfic story and the drama story. Bear with me! A few more chapters and we can go back to Christina and Eli [: