What Korean bands do you listen to?

Is this Love even possible?

 

*CHRISTINA's POV*

 

Stunned, I held up the picture and compared it to the guy beside me. My eyes moved back and forth between the two, amazed at the resemblance.

“You look a lot like this Eli dude.”

He choked on his spit and burst out into laughter.

I eyed him suspiciously. “You laugh a lot,” I remarked, deciding to once again ignore his random burst of laughter.

“Anyways,” he turned to face me, “what Korean bands do you listen to?”

“B2ST.” This had to do, in part, because of my sister who is currently dating one of their members and they’ve been going out for over a year now, therefore I’m always hearing about their quirky episodes that they get themselves into. I mostly listened to them out of my own free will though. They’re that good.

“And?” He raised an eyebrow.

“SHINee.” Tied in first place with B2ST, this band makes me fan-girl every time I listen to their songs. How on earth do they manage to dance and sing to Lucifer at the same time? I would be huffing and puffing from simply dancing to the choreography of that song, much less be able to sing it. Well, okay. So I might can pull it off since I’ve done that at a competition before, but it took a buttload of work.

“B2ST and SHINee? That’s it?”

I tapped my chin. “Well, MBLAQ is pretty good, too.” Their song Mona Lisa is to die for. With catchy lyrics, a hypnotizing beat, and an addictive dance, I always have to replay their performances, especially Thunder’s ‘everybody on the left, everybody on the right, everybody b-body e-everybody in the house say’ section with the whole body rolling/waving that I can’t tear my eyes off of.

After a moment of consideration, I added, “Infinite.” Their song ‘She’s Back’ caught my attention with its freshness and it was all over when I watched their ‘You’re My Oppa’ show. I fell in love after watching that. I even cried at the end when their ‘sister’ left…  “And of course, Big Bang and Super Junior and DBSK.”

“No girl bands?”

“2NE1. Sandara-ssi has the most amazing hairstyles ever and their songs are very refreshing and energetic.” She’s also MBLAQ’s Thunder’s older sister. As you can tell, I have a very big fan-girl crush on Thunder. 2NE1’s music is very unique and they have their own style. “So Nyuh Shi Dae. Their members all have their own interesting and special personalities and add a distinctive taste to the group. Their vocals are also very impressive.” And Seohyun unnie is my sister’s best friend; she constantly tells me stories about them so even though I haven’t met most of them, I feel as if I know them already. “Miss A is also a girl group I listen to.” Jia, Fei, Suzy, and Min were all naturally beautiful. Min is a rare and one of a kind type of girl who spruces up any show she appears on. I saw a video clip of Jia rapping in Korean and I remember my jaw dropping down in amazement.

Did I mention how I was following in my sister’s footsteps in becoming a singer? While Samantha is a gifted singer with rapping skills, I’m a natural rapper with singing skills and we’re both exceptional dancers. My first album was released three months ago with four of the songs taking the top four spots on several music charts in America and the two music videos that my company decided to film claimed the ‘Most Popular’ on Youtube with over seventy million views in two weeks. I was still trailing several miles behind my sister though.

I suppose that’s why the public doesn’t know about my relationship with XXSilver. For all they know and assume, XXSilver doesn’t have any siblings. Though she never told me the reason and I never brought up the subject, I suspect it was to do with her wanting me to be able to make a name for myself in the spotlight without having to worry about being in her shadow. She understands me better than anyone else and therefore she knew, without me having to tell her, of how that’s exactly what I wanted.

“There are other bands I listen to, but those are the main ones I will purposely look for,” I shrugged.

He nodded, amused.

“You listen to any American bands or singers?” I inquired, turning the tables on his asking me about Korean bands streak.

“XXSilver,” was his immediate reply. “And there’s that new mysterious singer, Xina. Her rapping skills are freaking off the charts and her voice just captivates the listener. I wonder what she looks like though?”

Guess who the ‘mysterious Xina’ is?

Aw yeah, it’s me. Since I just started my career, I haven’t had any concerts yet and my album cover shows me in a mask, so I suppose that’s where my ‘mysteriousness’ comes from. Little does this guy know he’s sitting next to her, hah.

I stared at the picture of Eli in my hand, still puzzled over the uncanny resemblance between Eli and my friend. “Yah, ahjusshi, are you Eli?”

“Ahjusshi? Did you really just call me an ahjusshi?”

“You’re avoiding the question, you dork.”

“First I’m an ahjusshi and now I’m a dork. This is just great.”

“If you don’t answer my question, I’ll be calling you worse things than that,” I rolled my eyes. “But then again, your silence speaks louder than words, Mr. Eli Kim.”

“You caught me,” he laughed. “I’m Kim Eli, the one and only.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:: YAY, Chapter three is up! (:

It's such a pretty day outside today.. it's a clear blue sky! WITH NO CLOUDS AT ALL. Well.. i guess that's what a "clear" blue sky means.. lol. 

&& My brother is on his way to pick me up and go out for luuunch! YAY! I LOVE MY BIG BROTHER <3

Well, thanks for reading this chapter ! && Hopefully you like it. 

Who are your favorite KPop bands? 

BEAST AND SHINEE KYAAAA~ LOLs. They're sooo haawt and y. :P 

Anyways, have a GREAT DAY TODAY! :D