"DANGER" DRAMA SCENE.

Is this Love even possible?

 

 Woohyun stared out the window of the plane, his gaze blankly and barely seeing the thousands of puffy white clouds, his mind focused on other things. He was mentally running through the information that President Choi had given him.

 

Chohee’s English name was Kyra. With help from the American government, her last name had also been changed to Lee, an attempt to throw their pursuers off their trail. She was 17.

 

Kyra Lee.

 

Woohyun’s English name was Jay Song. He was 18.

 

They were both seniors.

 

Thankfully both Woohyun and Chohee had been learning several other languages since they were young and were now fluent in English, Chinese, and Japanese.

 

Living in America can’t be that hard, right…?

 

Sliding his backpack onto the pull-down tray, Woohyun pulled out a crumpled sheet of paper with their new address on it as well as a vital sheet that contained their identities and information.

 

Their new home was LA, California where they, as foreign Asians, would blend in. Certain government authorities knew of their incoming arrival and would be helping them through this time. Not everyone was informed, however. Not everyone could be trusted. They would be going to Cannon High, one of the best Korean foreign exchange high schools in LA. Yes, it was a Korean foreign exchange high school. That’s how many Koreans moved there.

 

He had the exact same schedule as Chohee, or should he say, Kyra, in order to be able to keep an eye on her at all times. Trouble adored Kyra like no other.

 

Kyra stirred slightly beside him, turning onto her other side, and sighed, returning back to sleep once more. He glanced down at her peaceful face. Woohyun, or Jay as he was to be called from now on, had grown up with Kyra almost all his life, ever since the President had found him on the side of the streets as a little kid.

 

If anyone dares to hurt her, they were going down painfully.

 

Jay acknowledged the fact that Kyra was pretty. She was beautiful. And the boys at their new high school were most likely going to notice.

 

And Jay knew that he was handsome, and though he had always shrugged the fact away, he knew that the girls at the new school were also going to notice.

 

If they were anything like the boys and girls in Korea, they were going to have a fistful of trouble flying their way. And since it was a Korean high school modeled after schools in Korea…

 

Jay sighed. He needed to stay away from trouble. They both did. Jay was an exceptional fighter, which meant that the threat of school gangs were always in his mind. He couldn’t let them find out that he was a fighter. He didn’t want to deal with that.

 

He was here to protect Kyra.

 

“Oppa,” Kyra yawned, her eyes blinking against his desk light, “are we there yet?”

 

Jay patted her head and told her to keep sleeping. They had about 3 more hours until they landed.

 

He took the time to glance around their cabin. The airplane was slightly larger than most international planes. Inside, where the first class/business class was, instead of the usual pattern of 2 window seats, 2 seats in the middle, and 2 seats near the other windows, there were individual cabins for ever pair of seats. The cabins were comfortably sized- it was about the size of two rows of two seats. So now, instead of 12 rows in the first class section, there were 6 rows of 3 cabins. He and Kyra were located in Row 2, cabin 1. They, luckily, had a window.

 

Inside of the cabin were two of the extremely high-tech seats with a desk in front of both for meals and whatever else they needed a desk for.

 

It was interesting, how advanced these airplanes were becoming.

 

Maybe he should get some rest, Jay decided as he lay back against the seat, adjusting it to become flat like a bed.

 

As much as he twisted and turned, he just couldn’t manage to fall asleep. Sitting up once more, he stared into space until the flight attendant announced it was time for them to stow away all of their belongings and to place everything into their upright positions, including the seats.

 

He nudged Kyra awake.

 

“We’re,” yawn, “almost there?” she asked groggily. When he nodded, she smiled, looking slightly like a drunken idiot.

 

After arriving at the airport and grabbing their luggage, Jay spotted the person who was here to pick them up.

 

“Hello,” he quietly greeted him, carefully looking him over.

 

“You must be Jay and Kyra!” The man smiled broadly, shaking their hands. “Right this way please! I know you must be tired from all of that traveling. I’m Mike Chung.”

 

“Nice to meet you,” Kyra introduced herself kindly, and somewhat aloof. She didn’t know who to trust in this new land besides for Woohyun. No, he was Jay now. She needed to remember that, or else she might give their true identities away.

 

Mike led them to a shiny, well kept black car with tinted windows. As he drove, he began telling them more about their new life.

 

“I don’t know much about you guys,” Mike admitted, “but I do know that you’re going to be enrolled in Cannon High as seniors and classmates. So tell me, how long have you known each other?”

 

“We’re childhood friends,” Kyra smiled. “Our parents both work in the Korean government,” she lied. Well, technically for her it was true. It was what they had decided on to say when they were still in the airport, knowing that the government agents who were purposely left out of the loop would be curious as to why they were assigned to pick up two high school students from the airport.

 

“I see,” the man nodded.

 

The rest of the ride was spent with casual, lighthearted chattering. When they reached their apartment, Mike handed them an envelope and they thanked him before ascending onto their floor.

 

“Wow.” That was all Kyra could say when she saw the interior of their new home. It was exquisitely furnished to their personal tastes, where to the outsider’s eye it appeared as if they were simply wealthy children, while to them the carefully selected decorative items meant so much more. It was a reminder of home.

 

Jay lifted the envelope up to his face, slightly unsure of how safe the package was. When he shook it and nothing exploded, he nodded and gently slid the flap up, and pulled out several sheets of papers. They were their school enrollment forms, along with their schedule and list of needed school supplies.

 

“Let’s unpack the stuff we brought and, if you still have the energy, let’s go shopping for what we still need.” Jay walked past the kitchen, past the living room, past the bathroom, and took the room on the right side of the mini hallway, seeing how it was filled with guy items, as Kyra took the room on the left side, feeling slightly less homesick by the minute.

 

Unpacking was fast since they hadn’t brought that much to begin with. Moments later, they were outside, enjoying the sunshine, searching for the mall. They found it with ease and decided on buying clothing, things for the house, and school supplies.

 

By the time they emerged from the enormous building, they were both carrying six bags that were filled to the brim and the sun was beginning its ritual of saying goodbye for the day. They decided to unload at home and then come out again to buy food. They needed food.

 

“How on earth do you pick tomatoes?” Jay scratched his head.

 

“Make sure there’s not white stuff growing on it, make sure it’s a nice color, and make sure it’s not wrinkly or squishy or bruised,” Kyra instructed, grinning widely.

 

Arriving home two hours later, they quickly placed the food into the refrigerator, unpacked the things they bought, and met in the living room.

 

“I bought a few movies for whenever we’re bored,” Jay held up a stack of dvds.

 

“And I got the Wii and Xbox Kinnect for you, since I know you like video games,” Kyra rolled her eyes as she tossed several games to him.

 

“Thank you. I got you a Mac book,” he held out the laptop, knowing that Kyra had wanted one for a while now.

 

“This feels like Christmas.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“What should we do now?” Kyra could hardly sit still. She walked up to the 60-inch flat screen TV screen and turned it on.

 

She couldn’t understand anything that appeared before her. “This reminds me of City Hunter,” she muttered.

 

“That’s because it’s like that,” Jay called to her from the kitchen. “Let me change it to a regular person’s Tv.” He clicked a few buttons, found the Korean drama channel, and soon Kyra was happily glued to the TV.

 

“Hey,” Jay sat down beside her with their dinner. “School’s tomorrow. We should sleep early today.”

 

“Thank you for dinner!” She smiled sweetly at him. “And what exactly is your definition of ‘early’?”

 

“9:30.”

 

“Okay. Oh! We should talk about school.”

 

Their conversation took a serious turn as they began discussing the background story they were going to tell the other students when asked, as well as the reason why they were living together, to make sure both of their stories were the same.

 

“Try not to get involved with the guys here,” Jay advised.

 

“Same goes for you, Oppa. Except, of course, with the girls I mean.”

 

“This isn’t going to be easy,” Jay sighed, raking his hand through his hair.

 

“Tell me about it. I have to keep all those swarming girls away from you!”

 

“You know what we should do?”

 

Kyra and Jay looked at each other, the same idea forming in their minds.

 

“We should tell people we’re dating! That way they’ll leave us alone!” Kyra clapped her hands as Jay nodded.

 

“Oh man. Tomorrow’s going to be a long day.”

 

 

 

~.~.~

 

A/N: Drama Scene, YAY! (:

Just to clarify things again,

Woohyun = Jay

Chohee = Kyra

Both names will keep appearing, though their English names will most likely be used more often.

I just realized that Christina & Eli were in America and their drama characters were also in America now, too.

Hm. 

Anyways, I hope y'all liked the drama scene! (:

 

Comment Please! I love comments, even if they're random <3

 

I just found out today that my friend had skipped school to fly to New York &  see SMTOWNLIVE ><

SHE GOT TO MEET SHINEE! I'M SO DARN JEALOUS.

 

 

heartshinee [block]  on 10-25-2011 23:19:35 says: x
I'm loving this story! :D 

Thank you! :D 
 

iamawesomeness [block]  on 10-25-2011 20:05:58 says: x
new reader :D awesome story :P america!!!! LOL can i go find them somewhere here?

Man, I wish we could find them in America! People who live in Seoul are lucky.. they have a chance of randomly seeing their idol in the streets. 
& WELCOME, New Reader! (: